Notices

Old 2018-07-25, 11:07   Link #1381
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
^Roland = Author self-insert
Anna = Author's wife

It's why he insist on making Anna the main LI even though she's inferior in personality than the other females in the Story. Heck even Andrea has a much better personality and background than Anna..

Those tentacle witches grew on me. It's sad how they had to make the ultimate sacrifice in order to keep fighting the devils. Fran, Jasmine and Lira's choice was heartbreaking in how they chose to transfer their souls into those worm bodies.

Yeah at least that aspect was good, how he gave them some enjoyment via his dream world. It's a nice continuation of the theme of roland saving witches.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 18:23   Link #1382
Wingsaber

Speaking of saving witches,what ever happened to Tilly's talk of going to Wolfheart to save witches being held by nobles?
Wingsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-27, 22:16   Link #1383
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsaber View Post
Speaking of saving witches,what ever happened to Tilly's talk of going to Wolfheart to save witches being held by nobles?
Has been (kind of) answered with the fact that Roland set his priorities to dealing with the Demons first, otherwise he would have most likely already conquered all the human nations. Tilly would have the same thought. What good would it be to save a few witches now, only for all humans, both non-witches and witches to go extinct after losing against the demons due to too low preparation for the air force that Tilly is currently in charge of?

It's just too far away. Perhaps after the war for the taquilia ruins or when there are more usable planes, will things change due to additional available mobility and speed.
Old 2018-07-28, 00:39   Link #1384
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Nah I don't think he plans to conquer all 4 Kingdoms even without the threat of the Demons. Roland did manage to put a puppet King as the leader for the Kingdom of Dawn so he has friendly ties with them. As for Wolfheart, last I read Roland sent an expedition team to find Uranium to make nukes. The witch with the power to find such element led them to Wolfheart where the remnants of the Church still resides.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 02:19   Link #1385
Wingsaber

That or it's just going to be a plot point for latter.
Yeh the Church survivors just want to live out their days in peace,The Demons really need to pay them a visit.

And what of Ashes,dead or just removed from the story for latter use?
Old 2018-07-28, 06:26   Link #1386
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

All the witches in Wolfheart are probably dead and turned to God's punishment Army already since the Church did manage to conquer that kingdom.

As for Ashes being dead, I don't know as I haven't gotten to that point. lnmtl site suddenly decided to lock their RtW mtl for some reason and only logged in members can read it.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2018-10-14 at 03:14.
Old 2018-07-28, 15:18   Link #1387
Wingsaber

Well going by today's chapter on lnmtl it seems the Firstarmy will be moving in the Wolfheart kingdom now so they pick up that plot thread soon.
Old 2018-10-14, 02:59   Link #1388
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Wow I can't believe Qidian and their dubious methods. Previously they had over 985 chapters unlocked last I check. A few weeks later the unlocked chapters went down to 793. You can't unlock the others without some form of currency.

Thankfully all the chapters can be found if you know where to look. Latest translated chapter is 1201. The rest of the raws I Google translated.

Anyway the war against the demons is heating up. Roland has successfully retaken Taquila and the Fertile Plains. Unfortunaty the demons are now launching an attack on the opposite side of the continent which means Roland needs to send his Army in the Kingdom of Wolfheart and Everwinter to fight the demons. It's also possible to resurrect Ashes if they win this war which helped curb Tilly's suicidal tendencies towards getting revenge on the demons. And a new witch with a power to see the life expectancy of a person says Roland only has 17 years to live.

Roland introduced lots of new inventions like the Magic Movie, the Biplane, Automobiles and Napalm. Recent chapter has Roland implementing paper currencies since Neverwinter City is running out of Gold Dragon coins. Printing his own currency allows him unlimited wealth to spend for the war effort.

The most notable however is that Roland is no longer the only one innovating in this world. A member of the Craftmens Guild from the Fjords successfuly manage to make a diving suit and device that uses steam engine to pump air to the diver. It was funny that this guy tried to sell his designs to Roland only to be told that he can make a better version of it. Roland did offer for them to move to Neverwinter City and gave the inventor books on the concept of a submersible vehicle. Submarine incoming. They are going to need those when they have to fight the deep sea demons. On that topic; it looks like the deep sea demons are facing a civil war right now as Thunder witnessed sea creatures were fighting each other during his expedition on the sea line.

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2018-10-14 at 11:32.
Old 2018-10-14, 11:18   Link #1389
trojan13ic

Thnks man.

Btw...
Any other witches died? How about romance part?
trojan13ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-14, 11:28   Link #1390
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

So far Ashes and Elena (a Taquila GPW) are the only casaualty of the witches. Joan got sucked in a worm hole and is lost somewhere in the deep sea demon's territory.

As for romance, there are a few minor side characters that have them but so far it's not really the focus of the story atm.

Old 2018-10-30, 17:35   Link #1391
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

https://discord.gg/DMgYern

Release that Witch discord for those who wants to discuss the Novel.

Old 2018-11-25, 06:07   Link #1392
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Looks like the Anime got cancelled.

Old 2018-11-25, 09:02   Link #1393
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Looks like the Anime got cancelled.
Really? Is the source for that information trustworthy?
Old 2018-11-25, 13:59   Link #1394
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Someone from discord got it from a chinese source. I'll try and ask for it. He says the Author wasn't happy with the animation and he's trying to find other company to do the anime.

Old 2018-11-25, 14:17   Link #1395
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
https://old.reddit.com/r/Donghua/com...xn&sh=98268795

It turns out the issue is a lot more convulated than first thought. Looks like greedy and dishonest chinese company is to blame for the falling out of the studio.

Old 2018-11-25, 18:20   Link #1396
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Someone from discord got it from a chinese source. I'll try and ask for it. He says the Author wasn't happy with the animation and he's trying to find other company to do the anime.
Quote:
https://old.reddit.com/r/Donghua/com...xn&sh=98268795

It turns out the issue is a lot more convulated than first thought. Looks like greedy and dishonest chinese company is to blame for the falling out of the studio.
Well that's a shame. Seems like the greed went so far that in the end the project that was supposed to satisfy this greed went in flames and no one involved got anything in the end.

Fortunately the Douluo Dalu animated adaptation (and the only adaptation of that story whose existence I acknowledge) returns next week, so I am not too sad about this.
Old 2018-11-25, 19:11   Link #1397
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^No wonder we didn't hear any news about the anime after the trailer release. Turns out it wasn't a real trailer but a demo instead >_>

Er Mu stated that they are looking for different studio to do the anime so there's still hope.

Old 2018-11-25, 20:42   Link #1398
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Interesting news.

I've always felt like the anime adaptation wasn't real, because it was so fast. I was happy for the author but it was hard to believe. Normally shouldn't they do it like in Japan - amateur author gets his story printed -> book sells well -> anime adaptation?
Old 2018-11-26, 14:05   Link #1399
dragon1412

Not going to work consider CN business model, they mostly focus on the biggest cash cow.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 00:36   Link #1400
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Oh........

Tags
action, fantasy, romance, slice of life, supernatural