AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-22, 23:30   Link #8081
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Some people look at that and go "whoa angry sex" so...
Entirely Chaos2Frozen's fault, I take no responsibility for a certain crack story I wrote
Old 2011-02-22, 23:46   Link #8082
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Entirely Chaos2Frozen's fault, I take no responsibility for a certain crack story I wrote
Oh sure, blame the victim...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No, Stiyl has illusions runes at his disposition. If they can't find him they can't shoot him. They guy relies on those kind of tricks and other more, thats why he gets that phisically weak by using all his energy on magic.
I'm assuming illusion magic has some unspoken conditions, that they can only be use depending on the situation otherwise let face it, it could really help for alot of his previous fights or be intergrated into his standard fighting style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

I just noticed but in some forums Uiharu seems to be hated, some calls her "talkative pot", the scene where Kakine stomps her is called "fanservice" or just they Kakine an hero. Ok, I can't wait years to see more of these opinions if a third season ever gets animated .
Well, the Japanese fanbase have vastly radical thinking than us...
Old 2011-02-23, 00:23   Link #8083
EvilSamurai

... volume 15 3-4
Old 2011-02-23, 00:39   Link #8084
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Kakine in leather pants is smexy.
Old 2011-02-23, 01:57   Link #8085
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Some people look at that and go "whoa angry sex" so...
wait what?

Did I miss something?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2011-02-23, 02:05   Link #8086
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
wait what?

Did I miss something?
Ever seen Mr and Mrs Smith?

Yeah, Something like that... Except with an ice-pick.
Old 2011-02-23, 02:34   Link #8087
TouMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSamurai View Post
How come that storys about Shiage and GROUP are so boring ?
>just my opinion<

I usually skip everything untill Accel, Touma, Misaka part.

Goodwill Shall Be Trusted For Now
Old 2011-02-23, 07:36   Link #8088
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well looks like I'll have to bow out of the debate; I'm going to be busy for a while between various things. Starting yesterday, actually, hence why I didn't respond yesterday. I'll ony be able to get on the forums for about 10 minutes at a time.
Old 2011-02-23, 08:08   Link #8089
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's crazy talk!

The point is, despite the Hound Dog's killing intents, Mikoto is confident enough to handle them without needing to restort to fatal blows. So really I don't see where this whole "No killing intent equals hesitation equals easy defeat" comes from. And lets say she goes against an opponent than gave her trouble like... Kiyama? Again, no problem. So what if you're willing to kill? It doesn't automatically make you a better fighter, Touma defeated tons of people out to kill him and I don't see why Mikoto should be any different if faced with the same people.

Power Level in Toaru is funny that way, Sherry I can see her using her Golem as a shield, but as you can see Anti-Skill got her pin down using cover fire. Stiyl I think would have a bigger problem against guns- yes he got the 'fire' power, but a straight on fight? Fires don't stop bullets.

Anyway, those two can't match Mikoto if all they can bring is firepower. And From the Railgun manga we know that Mikoto can be just as resourceful as the others.
Yeah but thing is most of the named Magic characters like Kanzaki, Bardway, hell even Oriana would paste her with ease. It's just that apart from Hyouka, Accel, Aleister etc, the Science Side doesn't have many heavy hitters when you think about it. It's just that those heavy hitters are more than enough to take down the Magic Side on their own.
Old 2011-02-23, 08:14   Link #8090
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yeah but thing is most of the named Magic characters like Kanzaki, Bardway, hell even Oriana would paste her with ease. It's just that apart from Hyouka, Accel, Aleister etc, the Science Side doesn't have many heavy hitters when you think about it. It's just that those heavy hitters are more than enough to take down the Magic Side on their own.

Oh please, Oriana wouldn't last long- She's got nothing to protect her from Mikoto's lightning attacks let alone the Railgun.

I can't vouch for Bardway, but I think Kanzaki would be a good match, metal conducts electricity after all.
Old 2011-02-23, 08:20   Link #8091
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Oh please, Oriana wouldn't last long- She's got nothing to protect her from Mikoto's lightning attacks let alone the Railgun.

I can't vouch for Bardway, but I think Kanzaki would be a good match, metal conducts electricity after all.
Nor does Mikoto have anything that protects her from getting blasted down by one of those cards.

Kanzaki is....fast. Like can rival Accelerator supersonic fast.

If she's serious, Mikoto would be ribbons of meat before she even notices her. And all Saints are that speed level.
Old 2011-02-23, 08:23   Link #8092
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Nor does Mikoto have anything that protects her from getting blasted down by one of those cards.
So which do you think is faster? Electricity or a card?

Btw, Mikoto has a habit of using magnetism to pull shields towards her as shown from the Hound Dog fight.

Quote:
Kanzaki is....fast. Like can rival Accelerator supersonic fast.

If she's serious, Mikoto would be ribbons of meat before she even notices her.
So which do you think is faster? Sound or Electricity?
Old 2011-02-23, 08:23   Link #8093
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
So which do you think is faster? Electricity or a card?

Btw, Mikoto has a habit of using magnetism to pull shields towards her.

So which do you think is faster? Sound or Electricity?
Mikoto herself is not lightning fast. She still has human speed and reactions.
Old 2011-02-23, 08:28   Link #8094
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Mikoto herself is not lightning fast. She still has human speed and reactions.
She's fast enough to response before a trigger is pulled, that's good enough.

Doesn't matter though, as long as she continues to generate an electric current around her Kanzaki cannot get close.

Hell, using Magnetism she could probably yank her weapon right out of her hand.
Old 2011-02-23, 08:36   Link #8095
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
She's fast enough to response before a trigger is pulled, that's good enough.

Doesn't matter though, as long as she continues to generate an electric current around her Kanzaki cannot get close.

Hell, using Magnetism she could probably yank her weapon right out of her hand.
You underestimate the durability of Saints or what being multi mach fast means. Especially at close ranges.

A bullet fired at you will most likely hit before you can fire off another in response. Bullets are nothing compared to a Saint's speed.

And an electric field won't stop Yuisen.
Old 2011-02-23, 08:44   Link #8096
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You underestimate the durability of Saints or what being multi mach fast means. Especially at close ranges.

A bullet fired at you will most likely hit before you can fire off another in response. Bullets are nothing compared to a Saint's speed.

And an electric field won't stop Yuisen.
Then obviously the smart play is to attack Kanzaki from range. Your scenario always assumes Kanzaki as the one to take the initiative, likewise when I turn it around, Mikoto also has the advantage in speed, but of a different sort.

In the end it's a matter of who draws first and under what surroundings.
Old 2011-02-23, 08:49   Link #8097
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Then obviously the smart play is to attack Kanzaki from range. Your scenario always assumes Kanzaki as the one to take the initiative, likewise when I turn it around, Mikoto also has the advantage in speed, but of a different sort.

In the end it's a matter of who draws first and under what surroundings.
You should know that even if Mikoto gets the drop on her, her spells can cut through Mikoto's attacks. The lightning being the most important. And yes, I would say Kanzaki is faster than Railgun as well.
Old 2011-02-23, 08:52   Link #8098
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You should know that even if Mikoto gets the drop on her, her spells can cut through Mikoto's attacks. The lightning being the most important. And yes, I would say Kanzaki is faster than Railgun as well.
And you know this for sure because... Kanzaki cut through lightning before and is stated that she moves faster than mach 3?
Old 2011-02-23, 09:59   Link #8099
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
And you know this for sure because... Kanzaki cut through lightning before and is stated that she moves faster than mach 3?
When she fought Brunhild. Lightning was used against her. Either way, her Nanasen wires can control at least 2km radius around her enabling creation of shit loads of magic traps and defences so she outclasses Mikoto in that aspect as well. Her wires form shields around her so she is not defenceless.
Old 2011-02-23, 10:50   Link #8100
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
But…

“Is there a place for Level 0’s? Of course there is! Is there a path for them other than preying on others? Of course there is!!”

The words of a Level 0 who was completely different from him who he had run into at the Dangai University database center naturally came to the surface of his mind.

“If you had only used the strength it took to form Skill Out and used it to help those weaker than you, things would have changed for you!! If you had only used that strength you used to fight back against powerful espers to help those in need, the people of Academy City would have accepted you!!”

“…Yeah.”

Hamazura Shiage pressed the button for the 25th floor where he had parted with Takitsubo and the elevator door closed.

“That’s exactly right, you piece of shit. ”

He cut off his own path of escape and returned the battle field where a Level 5 awaited.
Who said Touma's preaching doesn't work?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen