AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 08:30   Link #9621
madmac

I can't say what you would find interesting, but the doujin arc is currently at it's climax, and if you've been sitting it out for a year you missed the entire period where the arc started heating up and becoming much more emotional/personal.

On the other hand, it really is all Ruka/Nagi all the way down. So it's up to you. Now is a good time to jump in if you want to be there for the beginning of the end of this arc, or you can wait probably six months or so for it to be over-over.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 12:32   Link #9622
AstroNerdBoy

@Nochgo -- Nagi is growing as a character, which is awesome to see. That would make it worth reading, IMO. Plus, there has been some touching of the main arc as well, but only in more of a tease factor.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 14:25   Link #9623
MCAL

@Nochgo

I should also add that Ruka has became somewhat of a revelation by the standard of harem females. In like twenty chapters or so, she's done more than all the other characters did in 200. It's truly something.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 14:44   Link #9624
AstroNerdBoy

Well, it would appear that Nagi's doujinshi is the same one from CTMEOY

Spoiler for Large image from CTMEOY:

Spoiler for Another large image, from chapter 425):

I was pretty sure it would be, but it is always nice to see it actually born out. ^_^

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2013-10-13, 15:02   Link #9625
madmac

I just want Hata to put out the full version of her doujin like he did for Ruka.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-13, 15:05   Link #9626
MCAL

Seems she got by with a little help from her friends.

And Maria was nowhere to be seen...

EDIT: I really liked how Hata decided to finish this part. Having Nagi do the whole entire manga by herself would have come off as cheap and while having her friends help is a little cliche, it was the only reasonable way to do things.

Also like it when Nagi started to tear up a little after she finished. She deserved it.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-10-13 at 15:18.
Old 2013-10-13, 15:12   Link #9627
ChampDream
Alive

well it look like Nagi's determination and the power of friendship the doujin is finally finish.
Old 2013-10-13, 17:58   Link #9628
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I really liked how Hata decided to finish this part. Having Nagi do the whole entire manga by herself would have come off as cheap and while having her friends help is a little cliche, it was the only reasonable way to do things.
Ditto. I didn't think he'd show any more of Nagi working on her manga, but I really am glad he did.

I didn't mind Ayumu coming in for a save, and it was a bit humorous as well. But yeah, the few "got to make a manga deadline" story I've seen (and can remember) always has the manga-ka make it with help. Having Kayura show up to help after being directed by Ruka was the only part that I didn't like so much.

Quote:
Also like it when Nagi started to tear up a little after she finished. She deserved it.
Yeah, that was a nice moment.

Old 2013-10-13, 20:11   Link #9629
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Having Kayura show up to help after being directed by Ruka was the only part that I didn't like so much.
Glad I'm not the only one. Kayura feels less like a character and more like a plot device.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-10-13 at 22:44.
Old 2013-10-14, 00:39   Link #9630
zibi88

I have hopes that this arc will end soon and we will get back to Athena... since hayate is with hina so maybe something would spark between them and that will charge the batteries on athenas device (the mama & papa thing) maybe leading to her getting back to her own older self.... so we will start the arc of the king jewel again but having athena to explain things now

well the doujin arc is freakishly long and I just start losing interest in it... kinda like in naruto and the whole "war" arc. that goes for like 2years now.

maria arc. would be nice too... her thinking what she will do later in life if she is no longer needed by nagi
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 00:44   Link #9631
Shinhwa
Banned

I want the competition to end in a tie because I don't want Ruka to suffer but don't really want Nagi to suffer too much, so if competition becomes a tie, then there will be less conflict.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 11:56   Link #9632
mitsuganae

Given all the filler and whatnot this arc has had, the nice brisk pace of the last chapter strikes me as refreshing. Though I must say I find the wringing out of suspense/tension in the final push towards the completion of Nagi's manga unintentionally funny (in addition to the intentionally funny parts), especially after Nagi's breakthrough moment in the chapter before.

And now I suppose we'll see Ruka getting the cure for her bloody cough . . .
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 19:20   Link #9633
madmac

Quote:
And now I suppose we'll see Ruka getting the cure for her bloody cough . . .
Hah. I'm not worried. Kayura showing up was at least half for being an easy way to say "Ruka is all done, things went great, nothing to report."

The real question is at what point we check in with Hayate and crew. Given that it's been almost two weeks without a peep out of him I'm betting on something along the lines of:

Dramatic reveal! "Hayate-kun was eaten by jewel-zombie Gundams?"

Overly long flashback! "First, we all settled down for some warm, refreshing tofu..."

Resolution! "Hayate-kun got better somehow! But not any smarter..."

So probably we'll head straight to the competition until it's time for Yozora to transport Comiket to the RG or whatever the hell.

Edit: And Hata threw out "It's finally the 13th! ...but where's Hayate?" on his blog, so I think I'm on the right track.

Last edited by madmac; 2013-10-15 at 20:53.
Old 2013-10-20, 05:54   Link #9634
madmac

Or Hayate could be stuck in traffic and nothing really happens, I guess...

This is another good chapter for Nagi. After 150 chapters it's nice to finally see her come full circle and she's certainly earned it.

As for the contest, it seems the only possibilities left are a draw or Ruka didn't do well. I'm leaning towards Ruka losing at this point if only for the potential follow-up but we'll see.
Old 2013-10-20, 10:14   Link #9635
mitsuganae

I love it when Nagi is given a chance to shine.

Hata's maintaining his roll, thank nonexistent god(s).

I'm guessing Hayate and co. will show up at a crucial juncture (with a divine cough drop).

I'm still wondering what in the world will make Nagi scream Ruka's name. Methinks it isn't what it seems -- i.e., not Star Trek II: the Wrath of KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2013-10-20 at 10:27.
Old 2013-10-20, 10:30   Link #9636
GDB

Didn't that scene happen from their first "battle", not this one?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 10:33   Link #9637
mitsuganae

Did it? Man, I must have Alzheimer's . . .
Old 2013-10-20, 11:01   Link #9638
Mephis
Banned

I just hope Ruka did not lose or I will be sad...
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 11:36   Link #9639
madmac

Quote:
I just hope Ruka did not lose or I will be sad...
I think she is going to lose, and be very sad, but in the long run Hayate will fix it somehow.
Old 2013-10-20, 14:57   Link #9640
ChampDream
Alive

does anybody feel that this will be a tie or only me?

Tags
comedy, shounen