AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-03, 21:31   Link #21
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Crunchyroll picked up this title as well. ^^

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...eautiful-anime
Old 2014-04-03, 21:45   Link #22
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
After watching the trailer and seeing Livi and Nike it makes me wish Otoyomegatari could get an anime.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 22:33   Link #23
gebleg

Send a message via Yahoo to gebleg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind
After watching the trailer and seeing Livi and Nike it makes me wish Otoyomegatari could get an anime.
I second this so much^^ Though I prefer an anime movie than tv series cuz of those "gorgeous" artwork of Kaoru Mori Sensei deserved a beautifully high budget animation movies , at least ala Makoto Shinkai's Kotonoha no Niwa visual "eye candy". With its winning Taisho Manga Award recently, I really hope it'll happen soon in the near future just like other previous winner like Chihayafuru and gin no Saji.
gebleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 07:33   Link #24
csuree
The Most Hated™

Why is it that in most of the shoujo manga, the girl is forced to love somebody and eventually they will love that person.
Is that the cause of the japanese being kinky and stuff?
No matter how good the guy may be, forcing someone against their will is something I can't forgive. If this were to happen to one of my friends, I'd definitely go to save her from a fate like this.

Also if despite the clear age difference the girl gets to love her, then I have another ngative impression of her.
Political and convenience marriages are the lowest of things our society has to offer.

Maybe I'll watch a few episodes when it comes out but if my opinion does not change that time, I'll probably leave it at that. Animation seems fine, but that typical shoujo story....
Old 2014-04-05, 07:55   Link #25
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Why is it that in most of the shoujo manga, the girl is forced to love somebody and eventually they will love that person.
Is that the cause of the japanese being kinky and stuff?
No matter how good the guy may be, forcing someone against their will is something I can't forgive. If this were to happen to one of my friends, I'd definitely go to save her from a fate like this.

Also if despite the clear age difference the girl gets to love her, then I have another ngative impression of her.
Political and convenience marriages are the lowest of things our society has to offer.

Maybe I'll watch a few episodes when it comes out but if my opinion does not change that time, I'll probably leave it at that. Animation seems fine, but that typical shoujo story....
Definitely not in most of them.
Forced to interact - maybe, but not forced to love or marry for sure.
Old 2014-04-05, 13:26   Link #26
Xeiros

The first episode was not at all how I expected it to be. Nike only meets the Sun King at the very end of the episode. Well at least I get to look forward to some actual interaction between the two next week. Soundtrack is nice so far.
Old 2014-04-05, 15:17   Link #27
bakaouji

Seems like the prince has summoned the princess to have her discipline him.

I really liked the first episode. Spunky princess comes to an unknown country to learn more about it's people and the prince who rules them. The show has a very old-school feel to it that I find really endearing.

And its nice to know that the princess isn't some pushover dame --- she can totally kick ass with her wind powers if she's tested. The princess may be naive but she's not ignorant as evidenced by her inquisitive nature to learn more about the kingdom she's marrying into. Her good-natured disposition is very infectious and heartening. It'll be fun to watch her tame the prince.

It seems like some powerful dissenters want to oust the prince and take the kingdom for themselves. Looks like they were planning to assassinate the princess and pin the blame on the prince so as to destabilize and strain relations with the neighboring kingdoms.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 15:40   Link #28
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
Seems like the prince has summoned the princess to have her discipline him.

I really liked the first episode. Spunky princess comes to an unknown country to learn more about it's people and the prince who rules them. The show has a very old-school feel to it that I find really endearing.

And its nice to know that the princess isn't some pushover dame --- she can totally kick ass with her wind powers if she's tested. The princess may be naive but she's not ignorant as evidenced by her inquisitive nature to learn more about the kingdom she's marrying into. Her good-natured disposition is very infectious and heartening. It'll be fun to watch her tame the prince.

It seems like some powerful dissenters want to oust the prince and take the kingdom for themselves. Looks like they were planning to assassinate the princess and pin the blame on the prince so as to destabilize and strain relations with the neighboring kingdoms.
I seriously hope that isn't gonna be their relationship.

This country of the sun seems to be the opposite of the country of rain. It probably never rains there, which may explain why the prince demanded the princess' hand in marriage. He may just want to experience rain for once.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 16:32   Link #29
eceso

a lot more comedy than i expected

not bad i guess, still early
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 16:42   Link #30
ookamigirl

Interesting princess.
Her little adventure wasn't going as planned.
Guess she got kinda lucky after all.
Stories about the king sound intriguing.
Might give it one more episode to see what happens.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 16:48   Link #31
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Mildly interesting light romance comedy. Will try it out for another couple episodes.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 16:54   Link #32
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I liked it a lot more then I thought I would. I immediately took a liking to Nike, as bakaouji says it'll be interesting to watch her tame the prince.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 19:32   Link #33
pampz21
ShipCore

Started differently from what I thought but iguess its good.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 19:37   Link #34
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It's interesting how they're playing up the comedic nature of Nike and Livi's first meeting, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Plus the anime design really just emphasizes the fact that, yes, Nike is REALLY much older than Livi (the manga has a problem with regards to just how Nike scales compared to Livi).
Old 2014-04-05, 20:16   Link #35
Enternal

What?! How?! I have been reading the manga for a while yet I completely miss that there was an anime and it was only today that I found out!! Amazing.

Anyway, yes Nike is older than Livi but it really makes a lot of things quite interesting because... it's not necessary about Nike taming the prince but rather it goes both ways. Kind of hard to say but basically age meant nothing and the two could learn a lot from each other. A moderately sheltered princess and a pessimistic little (brat) king.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 20:19   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It feels as if it's aimed young, but the old-fashioned feel works and I adore Nike. The way they portray her positive attitude toward the situation is just great.

I can do without the standard shounen comic villains. That stuff does nothing for me. But the main characters are interesting in the manga and seem interesting (if slightly different) here.

Director Kamegaki Hajime has been working in anime since the late 1970s and directed Fushigi Yuugi, Ceres Celestial Legend, and the latter half of Hanasakeru Seishounen (which also had a brilliantly positive heroine).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 20:36   Link #37
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Why are people referring to Livi as a prince? He's the Sun King, people. XD
Old 2014-04-05, 20:37   Link #38
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Why are people referring to Livi as a prince? He's the Sun King, people. XD
Maybe because he's too cute to be a king?
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 21:04   Link #39
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Watched the first episode on a whim. Pretty decent for an intro episode: potential for a little magic and political intrigue on the side of the comedy/romance stuff. Hopefully it can fill out the world and characters in the next few episodes. Feels like a series from the late 90's-early 00's.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 22:04   Link #40
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Feels like a series from the late 90's-early 00's.
You'd be surprised to learn then that the manga only started its serialization in 2011. That's right, the manga is barely four years old.

That said, the manga's art style does lend to it having an old-school feel; see the image below:

Tags
fantasy, romance, shoujo