AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-07-07, 10:29   Link #121
Mistyclear

The visuals in Ed 2 are based around Freyja and Hayate... But did anyone else get the feeling that the lyrics were geared more towards Mikumo??
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-07, 18:03   Link #122
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

OMG, this is pure gold. Now I want a full album of the Walkure singers taking on the lot of past Macross songs, including the ones from Frontier.
Damn... Now I also want that to happen! I would love to see a Freyja/Mikumo duet for Triangular
Old 2016-07-10, 21:31   Link #123
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

2nd Walkure album will be out 8/10! []

1. Absolute zero θ Nova tick (TV animation " Macross Δ " new opening theme )
2 . Ruin of pure heart (TV animation " Macross Δ " new ending theme )
3 . The wind blows without notice Lyrics: Sakamoto Maaya
4 . GIRAFFE BLUES ~ Freyja Solo ~
5 . GIRAFFE BLUES ~ Mikumo Solo ~

*instrumental tracks also included.

Old 2016-07-11, 00:23   Link #124
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
The visuals in Ed 2 are based around Freyja and Hayate... But did anyone else get the feeling that the lyrics were geared more towards Mikumo??
This.

That song could be a pivotal plot point to who she really is....but who knows. xD It sounds good because it's primarily sang by her, after all.

AND yes. I can't wait for the new album, cause Freyja/Kumo versions, and that new ED theme, it's so catchy, I won't be able to wait so long hearing the full version of it.
Old 2016-07-11, 01:23   Link #125
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thousand Mistress View Post
This.

That song could be a pivotal plot point to who she really is....but who knows. xD It sounds good because it's primarily sang by her, after all.

AND yes. I can't wait for the new album, cause Freyja/Kumo versions, and that new ED theme, it's so catchy, I won't be able to wait so long hearing the full version of it.
I agree on looking forward to the album. Fully think that the solo versions for Giraffe Blues will actually be the best versions of the song.
Old 2016-07-12, 13:11   Link #126
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
2nd Walkure album will be out 8/10! []

1. Absolute zero θ Nova tick (TV animation " Macross Δ " new opening theme )
2 . Ruin of pure heart (TV animation " Macross Δ " new ending theme )
3 . The wind blows without notice Lyrics: Sakamoto Maaya
4 . GIRAFFE BLUES ~ Freyja Solo ~
5 . GIRAFFE BLUES ~ Mikumo Solo ~

*instrumental tracks also included.

Freyja solo on giraffe blue ? I can't wait!!

Edit : I have a question, I would want to buy the first album on ITunes but it tell me I need to buy it from jap iTunes . I find it alright but I wonder what will buying from a foreign store do ? Will everything be alright? Won't it mess up the other thing I bought on my local iTunes ?

edit2 : ok i fount out that i can't; another wonder of copyright on international stuff... it really is a pain the the butt
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 16:36   Link #127
Ura-dora

Really excited about the solo versions of Giraffe Blues, especially Mikumo's version. I wonder how they will sound independently though, since the song is a duet and its clear by the lyrics that Freyja is speaking to Mikumo, and Mikumo responding to Freyja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
Edit : I have a question, I would want to buy the first album on ITunes but it tell me I need to buy it from jap iTunes . I find it alright but I wonder what will buying from a foreign store do ? Will everything be alright? Won't it mess up the other thing I bought on my local iTunes ?

edit2 : ok i fount out that i can't; another wonder of copyright on international stuff... it really is a pain the the butt
It's easy. Just make sure you know the information of your current iTunes account, such as the email and password. Then sign out of the app store and create a Japanese iTunes account. This website has a good guide on how to achieve this https://nihongoperapera.com/store/it...ide-no-cc.html

Then to buy the album, purchase a Japanese iTunes gift card. Then search for the Walkure album on the Japanese iTunes store, purchase it and switch back to your normal iTunes account.
Ura-dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 12:52   Link #128
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

WHOA. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ls-78000-units

Quote:
According to the newest Oricon report, "Walkure Attack!," the 12-song first album of the five-member girls idol unit Walkure from the ongoing Macross Delta TV anime, sold an impressive 78,000 units in its first week, ranking second in the weekly album chart. The album was released in Japan on July 6 and made its debut at first place on the daily album chart of July 5, then has taken second spot for five consecutive days. Their first single "Ichido dake no Koi nara/Rune ga Pikatto Hikattara" (OP/ED theme song of the anime) was released on May 11, and took third place in the weekly chart selling 36,000 units.
Old 2016-07-15, 00:59   Link #129
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ura-dora View Post
Really excited about the solo versions of Giraffe Blues, especially Mikumo's version. I wonder how they will sound independently though, since the song is a duet and its clear by the lyrics that Freyja is speaking to Mikumo, and Mikumo responding to Freyja.
It will be interesting, though I guess Freyja's version should sound similar to what we got in episode 8, just a bit longer. It might not fit as well in terms of the lyrics, but I think the two versions should sound fine as solo songs.
Old 2016-07-18, 08:48   Link #130
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So I just learned of an interesting factoid: apparently, some of the composers in Delta had worked on the music for the Aria franchise before, such as Mina Kubota who helmed many of Aria's songs from the OP's to the insert songs.

Also, apparently one of the composers for Round Table was responsible for the God Bless You song in episode 16 (and thereby explaining why it's so good)?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 14:56   Link #131
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So I just learned of an interesting factoid: apparently, some of the composers in Delta had worked on the music for the Aria franchise before, such as Mina Kubota who helmed many of Aria's songs from the OP's to the insert songs.

Also, apparently one of the composers for Round Table was responsible for the God Bless You song in episode 16 (and thereby explaining why it's so good)?
UOU! I was NOT expecting that at all. Really wouldn't make the connection unless someone pointed it out to me. I need to take some extra attention listening to the songs then.
Old 2016-07-18, 16:53   Link #132
Ura-dora

I have a feeling God Bless You is going to be another duet between Freyja and Mikumo again, with the solo versions being released later. Most likely because they have to sell JUNNA as much as they are selling Minori
Old 2016-07-18, 20:00   Link #133
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

Quote:
I have a feeling God Bless You is going to be another duet between Freyja and Mikumo again, with the solo versions being released later. Most likely because they have to sell JUNNA as much as they are selling Minori
Nah, I'm sure it'll just be a Minori single since the lyrics of God Bless You are pretty Hayate/Freyja inspired. Seems to me like it'll be "their song". So it would make loads more sense for it to only be sung my Minori.
CriiGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 19:31   Link #134
Ura-dora

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriiGV View Post
Nah, I'm sure it'll just be a Minori single since the lyrics of God Bless You are pretty Hayate/Freyja inspired. Seems to me like it'll be "their song". So it would make loads more sense for it to only be sung my Minori.
The same thing was said about the lyrics for Giraffe Blues, however once the full song was released we all realized Freyja was singing to Mikumo, with Mikumo responding back to her. They could "feel each other's blue".

It would make much more sense for the song to be released with only Freyja as the main vocal, but I wouldn't put it pass them since they have to push Minori just as much as they have to push JUNNA, in regards to singing. It's also their way of making more money, since people would be to buy another CD just to hear a girls particular version.
Old 2016-07-19, 20:28   Link #135
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

Quote:
The same thing was said about the lyrics for Giraffe Blues, however once the full song was released we all realized Freyja was singing to Mikumo, with Mikumo responding back to her. They could "feel each other's blue".

It would make much more sense for the song to be released with only Freyja as the main vocal, but I wouldn't put it pass them since they have to push Minori just as much as they have to push JUNNA, in regards to singing. It's also their way of making more money, since people would be to buy another CD just to hear a girls particular version.
Ok yeah I see the point in that. At the end of the day it's all about the money. So I can see why they'd release a joint version and then solo versions.
CriiGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 15:47   Link #136
Mistyclear

So what did you guys think of Makina's song?

I liked it, she did a great job, and it was nice to have another Walkure member get a solo song(aside from Freyja and Kaname (though I wouldn't mind another single from Kaname ))

I liked the outfits that Makina and Reina were wearing while they were singing Beginner

New song by Walkure believe it's called Hear the Universe (though ironically it was hard to hear).
Old 2016-07-24, 15:53   Link #137
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm happy to see any efforts to spread the music around the group, even if it'll be contractually trickier to use the other three members for concerts versus Junna and Minori.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 06:53   Link #138
Cerilla

Quote:
So what did you guys think of Makina's song?
TeddyLoid never disappoint.

Also the other song is composed by Rasmus Faber. It is unmistakably his style.
Old 2016-07-26, 17:23   Link #139
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I liked it, she did a great job, and it was nice to have another Walkure member get a solo song(aside from Freyja and Kaname (though I wouldn't mind another single from Kaname ))
Don't forget Reina has her own solo song too, "Silent Hacker".
Old 2016-07-26, 21:28   Link #140
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroi Sekai View Post
Don't forget Reina has her own solo song too, "Silent Hacker".
Ya but like with Kaname it's not played enough to really satisfy me....