AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-06, 22:52   Link #7701
for3ver
The Lost Child

interesting developement....

although im interested in the "next, is there anyone who seeks to ally with medaka-chan!?" at the bottom of the last panel...

reading the text alone, i felt that it was implied that it was a single participant from each family.. but taking that comment into mind, is he saying its going to be team battles? if so.. its going 2 get very interesting :S

(lol @ now that Zen has devil skill.. the author can kill him off any moment.. :S and if its a team fight... hehehehehehe "evil grin")
Old 2012-04-06, 23:03   Link #7702
kenjtr

I didnt want ths to happen because that thing just made medaka box abaut " a rich girls personal life " which i dont really care , even the author didnt touched this subjects for 140 what changed now . It seems kurakami family really give a hard time to medaka but i didnt expected them to kill suitors just to make a new wedding feast , they are like animals . So medakas logic " strong one rules " also came from her family , in the end medaka who everyone admired came from a family of pyschopats . That should teach us popular doesnt mean better and rich people are creepy If medaka wants to be free she should just throw away kurokami name so that linage can continue with her sister .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 23:13   Link #7703
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
I didnt want ths to happen because that thing just made medaka box abaut " a rich girls personal life " which i dont really care , even the author didnt touched this subjects for 140 what changed now . It seems kurakami family really give a hard time to medaka but i didnt expected them to kill suitors just to make a new wedding feast , they are like animals . So medakas logic " strong one rules " also came from her family , in the end medaka who everyone admired came from a family of pyschopats . That should teach us popular doesnt mean better and rich people are creepy If medaka wants to be free she should just throw away kurokami name so that linage can continue with her sister .
"throwing" her name wont really solve the entire problem.. besides passing the burden onto her sister is just going to continue a long chain of mistakes (something i doubt medaka would do also doubt her sister would take up the role to :S)

besides you can never be "free" since society itself is a prison... (PRISON BREAK!)
Old 2012-04-06, 23:22   Link #7704
summers

I miss the Minus characters, we have not equals,specials, normal's, skill holders who act like they might be Minus but are not. I hope we get a Minus as one of the suitors. I am fine with it, if there is another arc that focuses on them again though, but there hasn't been a hint of that.

I like this Medaka, the old her was always out going, but felt like she was going through the motions. She does seem to be letting loose now.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 23:44   Link #7705
Sol Falling

"Character development" Medaka is pretty cute. Kinda weird, but I like how she looks on the last page. My god though, Nishio Ishin, you troll. I can't believe he did that to another one of his characters. I wonder if he was inspired by (hypothetical; assuming there were similar reactions in Japan) shitstorms from the Nisemonogatari anime or something.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 23:48   Link #7706
Clarste
Human

Or maybe he just likes short hair?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 00:02   Link #7707
Sixth
Hu Tao

Medaka Vs The World. 7 evil suitors arc begin.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 00:25   Link #7708
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Medaka Vs The World. 7 evil suitors arc begin.
lol..

i believe someone saw this coming.. who was it again?

(someone mentioned scott pilgrim thingo b4 :S)
Old 2012-04-07, 00:28   Link #7709
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Really liked chapter 140. I agree with Ajimu, her Kurokami phantom looked great in color. How Medaka went about handling Ajimu and her issues was as satisfying as the Kumagawa one for me. I figured the story had a number of directions it could go from there which leads me to...

Chapter 141. I thought there was a great chance we were going to get Shiranui family issues or Kurokami family issues. Since we finally have the latter I'm hoping this means Kujira and Maguro play a fairly big role considering they are members of the Kurokami family as well.

Now that we know Medaka didn't kill Tsuburame's dad, this should put an end the narrative Ajimu was trying to imply before. However, its a good way for Nishio to make use of his character. I was wondering what was the point of having him be in the last arc outside of laying the foundation for this one. Still not a big fan of him but maybe Nishio will develop him into something I'll care about.

As for Medaka, seeing her let loose like this took some getting used to. But the progression for her character was clearer than ever and I'm happy about that. The shining moment being when she said "that is something my past self would have said". That was a really nice moment.

Now that the anime is up and running I'm curious if Nishio is still going to do these condensed one-year arcs or if he is going to fully flesh them out more. I don't really have an issue with either but I'm expecting this one to resemble the Flask Plan and Minus 13 arcs more than the Not-Equals one.

Either way I'm really excited.
Old 2012-04-07, 00:40   Link #7710
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
Chapter 141. I thought there was a great chance we were going to get Shiranui family issues or Kurokami family issues. Since we finally have the latter I'm hoping this means Kujira and Maguro play a fairly big role considering they are members of the Kurokami family as well.
Well, we don't actually know who the sub-families are. Shiranui could theoretically be one of them, which would make this both Kurokami and Shiranui family issues. That seems somewhat unlikely to me, but it's possible. Everyone seems to be assuming that this'll be a tournament against evil suitors, but there's no reason to believe that the suitors will be hostile. The matchmaking organization itself seems more like the villain at this point, and at least some of the suitors might be apathetic about the whole thing (like Tsuburame) and end up being allies.

Anyway, I'm going to make a wild and unfounded guess that Munakata will turn out to be one of the sub-families. Both because he's wildly popular for no explicable reason (and there they would want to tie him to the story) and because in the previous arc they made a moderately-sized deal about his family situation, what with his sister and all.
Old 2012-04-07, 00:45   Link #7711
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Medaka, for the first time is fighting for herself. Now that's character development.

I also noticed the hairstyle change of Medaka and I think it fits her. She always struck me as a "wild" type and always rampaging through stuff anyway (which she usually does).
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 00:50   Link #7712
Sol Falling

One thing I'm really interested in is all the use of the word "black". Way back with the Flask Plan, that time when Oudou tried to absorb what was inside Medaka...in any case, the "black" in Kurokami has always evoked in me that darkness which was inside her. What I'm thinking now, is that darkness was/is a separate thing from Medaka's abnormality; and that what it really comes from is the Kurokami family itself.

What is more abnormal: Medaka's individual abilities, or the Kurokami traditions/family which make them one of the leaders/ruling forces of the world? Enough to have developed seven clan families, and a ritualized tournament for producing a bride/groom and a heir. There's obviously something unusual about the Kurokami family itself.

Also, looking at the anime lol. Man, you never would've imagined Medaka Box's current plotline looking at those highschool hijinks, huh?
Old 2012-04-07, 00:50   Link #7713
sick2000sg

In any case, the seven sub-families are already named: [Pending translation errors]

Tsurubame
Kuguruki
Kotobuki
Monozono
Nienami
Kanaino
Yuzuriha

Since Medaka-chan took the place of Tsurubame, we have her up against 6 suitors plus the matchmakers (and maybe the Kurokami main family).

--

I wonder if any of the other characters are going to be involved in this. Zenkichi will most likely miss the whole thing because of Devil Style though.
sick2000sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 01:09   Link #7714
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Come on, different art styles. All of Im Dal Young's girls are hot so that is an unfair comparison. Though I do agree that the Librarian is the hottest girl. Kikaijima ain't half bad either.
the librarian does not belong in highschool. She a grown woman. First thing I though. What will she look like when she is the age she looks.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:10   Link #7715
summers

I'm calling it. One of the suiter is gonna get taken out by Kumagawa and he will be in the running.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:11   Link #7716
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
One thing I'm really interested in is all the use of the word "black". Way back with the Flask Plan, that time when Oudou tried to absorb what was inside Medaka...in any case, the "black" in Kurokami has always evoked in me that darkness which was inside her. What I'm thinking now, is that darkness was/is a separate thing from Medaka's abnormality; and that what it really comes from is the Kurokami family itself.

What is more abnormal: Medaka's individual abilities, or the Kurokami traditions/family which make them one of the leaders/ruling forces of the world? Enough to have developed seven clan families, and a ritualized tournament for producing a bride/groom and a heir. There's obviously something unusual about the Kurokami family itself.

Also, looking at the anime lol. Man, you never would've imagined Medaka Box's current plotline looking at those highschool hijinks, huh?
Well, the oddest part is that supposedly Maguro was responsible for most of Kurokami family's wealth. Or so they claimed when he was first introduced.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:32   Link #7717
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, the oddest part is that supposedly Maguro was responsible for most of Kurokami family's wealth. Or so they claimed when he was first introduced.
Yeah, that's inconsistent. My guess would be that that simply refers to the Kurokami family's corporate wealth, and that they've got a long hidden history about some other aspect.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:45   Link #7718
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick2000sg View Post
In any case, the seven sub-families are already named: [Pending translation errors]

Tsurubame
Kuguruki
Kotobuki
Monozono
Nienami
Kanaino
Yuzuriha

Since Medaka-chan took the place of Tsurubame, we have her up against 6 suitors plus the matchmakers (and maybe the Kurokami main family).

--

I wonder if any of the other characters are going to be involved in this. Zenkichi will most likely miss the whole thing because of Devil Style though.
Maybe it will end with Medaka declaring Zenkichi will be her Fiancee at the end.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 01:46   Link #7719
for3ver
The Lost Child

perhaps they already held some financial power, and maguro just increased it from behind the scenes :/

that or here comes a plot hole ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Maybe it will end with Medaka declaring Zenkichi will be her Fiancee at the end.
rather then medaka declaring.. this is a good chance for Zen 2 make it known to the world that medaka will be "his" ^^

EMPTHASIZE THE "HIS"!!!
Old 2012-04-07, 02:00   Link #7720
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
turn out Zen replacing Medaka as a "bride"

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council