AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-07-05, 20:37   Link #2161
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Weekly Challenge log bonus for 20 & 100 enemy kills provide a good chunk of xp, and then training them at a chocobo stable (@FC house) provides a decent amount especially if done regularly.
Didn't know about the stables. Thanks
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 00:55   Link #2162
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I was doing a lv30 Beckon levequest where an enemy can inflict seemingly every affliction and debuff known to man with one single move... Had to repeat it 3 times before I could complete the quest successfully.
Those guys aren't fun :x
Old 2015-07-06, 03:37   Link #2163
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Morbols are a staple monster type in every ff game.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 03:45   Link #2164
R.LocK
My turn

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hyyyyyyyype.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 03:52   Link #2165
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The MCH gear looks amazing in that video.

Last edited by Hooves; 2015-07-06 at 04:55.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 07:25   Link #2166
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

That music tho.
Old 2015-07-06, 08:16   Link #2167
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

techno music? I didn't expect that

So, can we already assume that Alexander was summoned by the Illuminati? At the very least there's goblins inside, that much is clear.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 09:50   Link #2168
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
techno music? I didn't expect that

So, can we already assume that Alexander was summoned by the Illuminati? At the very least there's goblins inside, that much is clear.
it's confirmed:

"Since the Sharlayan exodus, a structure has stood steady against the flow of the Thaliak River. Now, the Illuminati have summoned a primal around this rusting ruin─a terrible colossus of steam and metal. Steel screamed against steel when it rose from the waters, and it drank deep of the land's aether before grinding again to a halt."

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...606cc0fe8a3e7a
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 10:30   Link #2169
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So it's a Steampunky themed trial I take it. Can we get it on DF or will it be PF exclusive like the EXs at the moment?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 12:29   Link #2170
R.LocK
My turn

It's 3.0 Coil, so I presume it'll be handled the way Coils were handled: PF only first, and then to DF with Echo.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 15:51   Link #2171
Galaxian

Is there any way to get Krakka Roots other than gardening? Or paying insane amount on the Market?
Old 2015-07-06, 18:57   Link #2172
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
It's 3.0 Coil, so I presume it'll be handled the way Coils were handled: PF only first, and then to DF with Echo.
It's hard to say since normal could be DF from the start, I wouldn't be surprised while savage mode will likely be DF only for quite awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Is there any way to get Krakka Roots other than gardening? Or paying insane amount on the Market?
Really they tend to be reasonably priced here when you consider how experience they grant, though I could see newer players struggling with it a tad.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 00:56   Link #2173
Alchemist007
*Author

Only just got max geared (damn Rav Ex groups), ready as can be for Alex.
Old 2015-07-07, 05:35   Link #2174
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Now how many floors is alex? The patch notes give 3 achievements for the arm or alex but he supposedly has 5 floors.
Old 2015-07-07, 06:50   Link #2175
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Now how many floors is alex? The patch notes give 3 achievements for the arm or alex but he supposedly has 5 floors.
That makes 3 of the sections are likely wide open, while 1-2 of the limited space thus not given a map achievement would be my guess. As SE didn't give you on for for sections where it was just the encounter.

Also requiring avg ilvl of 170, normal might be a bit harder than I was expecting then.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 07:23   Link #2176
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The i170 minimum means it expects you to be fully decked in Law gear to enter...

I just read however that you have to roll for the tokens, they are not guaranteed drops per play. With one boss per floor you can imagine how long it might take...

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-07-07 at 08:09.
Old 2015-07-07, 10:06   Link #2177
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

When you get to 50, you get a full set of decent gear (for that tier at least) right?mi seem to remember that.

Also, levelling wise, it's pretty much just do story quests right? Mostly ignore all side quests for later jobs/classes?
Old 2015-07-07, 11:27   Link #2178
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
When you get to 50, you get a full set of decent gear (for that tier at least) right?mi seem to remember that.

Also, levelling wise, it's pretty much just do story quests right? Mostly ignore all side quests for later jobs/classes?
Originally you got ilvl 45 and 55 gear for the level 45 and 50 job quest. However they started giving out the ilvl90 gear as well with the release of the expansion.
Old 2015-07-07, 12:24   Link #2179
Galaxian

Just reach lv36 with my Dragoon. I'm really grateful for the daily roulette bonuses since they cover about half my exp bar.
Old 2015-07-07, 14:31   Link #2180
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I'm on a quest guys, to get a better opinion on FFXIV. I recently downloaded and played the FFXIV free demo (14 day trial, level 20 cap), though I'm still only level 16. A friend and I, both quite interested in more multiplayer games to play together besides Destiny 24/7, considered FFXIV but are still put off by the pricing. Essentially, we want to know what it's worth.

I'm the only one who's played it thus far, as my friend is camping for another 4 weeks or so, but he trusts my judgement and has been asking what I think of the game during the moments he gets cell phone signal from time to time.

Personally, thus far, I've found the game to be adequate, but nothing has particularly wow'ed me beyond the scenery, to be quite honest. Online friends I know who are quite vested in FFXIV have told me that levels 0-50 are a bad grind, but that the game truly shines at those later levels, which ultimately makes sense to me, but isn't really a deal-breaker.

Is what they are saying true? Should I expect to be less than entertained until level 50+? Are there highlights before then? What keeps you guys playing at the later levels once you've reached max level/max gear/beat all dungeons/etc? Having played Destiny avidly with him for quite some time, I can say with certainty that what we're looking for could be summarized as:

Challenge
Collection
Reoccurring

We definitely like to be challenged with difficult encounters, and I'm well aware from friends of how difficult certain later bosses can be. Do only certain bosses feature this? Or can you "turn up the difficulty" of all bosses to increase the challenge?

We like to collect things, which is obviously something totally possible in an mmo. Are "important-item"drop rates guaranteed, or are they rare and random? Are these sorts of things found only in dungeons, or in other activities?

We also like things that are periodic and reoccurring; things like events with special rewards you can participate in when they happen to show up, so that we have something to anticipate popping up again while we continue to play other aspects of the game.

I was hoping you guys could clarify on the presence (or lack) that any of these things may have in FFXIV, so I might be able to better gauge if it's worth it to spend the money and grind up to later levels (and to tell my friend he should do the same xD).

Tags
mmorpg