AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-23, 16:44   Link #7181
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

With harems, I tend to support the girl who I feel has made the most effort at winning the guy in question. Nodoka wins by a decent margin. Asuna actively denies any feelings towards Negi, so I feel it would be unfair if she wins. If she isn't willing to even admit she likes him, she doesn't deserve to win against girls like Nodoka and Yue, who have gone to great lengths to confess. Same with Chisame.

This is just my general opinion on tsunderes, as well; I dislike it when the caring and self-sacrificing character gets the shaft while the selfish jerk gets the guy she refuses to admit she likes. Although Asuna is actually rather likable and by no means a jerk, the principle still applies.
Old 2011-08-23, 19:36   Link #7182
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
With harems, I tend to support the girl who I feel has made the most effort at winning the guy in question. Nodoka wins by a decent margin. Asuna actively denies any feelings towards Negi, so I feel it would be unfair if she wins. If she isn't willing to even admit she likes him, she doesn't deserve to win against girls like Nodoka and Yue, who have gone to great lengths to confess. Same with Chisame.

This is just my general opinion on tsunderes, as well; I dislike it when the caring and self-sacrificing character gets the shaft while the selfish jerk gets the guy she refuses to admit she likes. Although Asuna is actually rather likable and by no means a jerk, the principle still applies.
In Chisame's case, she has spend more time supporting Negi and taking care of him then both Asuna and Nodoka combine.
Old 2011-08-24, 01:04   Link #7183
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
In Chisame's case, she has spend more time supporting Negi and taking care of him then both Asuna and Nodoka combine.
That's true, but only because Nodoka, Asuna, Yue, and practically everyone else in the running weren't there. But that's beside the point. What I meant was, while Chisame has spent considerable time caring for Negi, she has never really shown that she enjoys, I don't know, spending time with him. Nodoka has shown that she loves Negi, and she'll shout it from the rooftops if she has to. Yue had to admit her feelings even if it meant betraying her closest friend, and it bothered her enough that she tried to leave forever. Both have made clear their feelings, and are willing to act on them. Chisame, by comparison, has looked after Negi since they entered the magic world, but never once has she shown that level of determination in establishing a serious relationship. The only emotion she's shown is annoyance at his recklessness.

tl:dnr - Nodoka is willing to confess her feelings. Chisame hasn't, and won't. Even if both are in love, than I gotta go with the one who acts on it.
Old 2011-08-24, 01:57   Link #7184
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That's true..however, I think we must also note Negi's feeling towards the girls. While it might be true that there are couple of girls like Nodoka or Yue that can explicitly shows their feelings towards Negi, we must also see how Negi reacts to those girls. Even though Negi had shown some level of affection towards Nodoka, she still doesn't have the same level of trust like between Negi and Chisame/Asuna.

Chisame or Asuna might not be able to convey their feelings directly to Negi, but at the same time, both of them had managed to be able to hold a special place in Negi's heart.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 02:21   Link #7185
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
It is premature to assume that those feelings of Negi's are romantic in nature, however. To me, at least it seems more as if Negi has deep trust for them because he admires their strengths. Asuna's determination, Chisame's keen insight... The fact that they don't mind kicking his butt when he's getting mired in negative feelings.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 02:30   Link #7186
AstroNerdBoy

So, tell me if you can -- if the Lifemaker has possessed Nagi, what did Asuna-Negi kill?

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 02:48   Link #7187
Aebliss
Story Master

An upgraded illusion, perhaps, like Albireo used during the martial arts tournament at Mahora.
Old 2011-08-24, 08:36   Link #7188
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I agree that Negi/Asuna, likely as it may be, would be boring exactly because it's so likely. Of course, the same logic also goes for Nodoka, but my personal reason for being 'meh' on this pairing has more to do with my own dislike of Nodoka. now don't get me wrong, she's a fine character objectively, but I don't like the shy-moe archtype much.

My feet are firmly rooted in the Negi/Ku Fei camp, because dammit I want to know that my Chao gets born.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 08:48   Link #7189
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
So, tell me if you can -- if the Lifemaker has possessed Nagi, what did Asuna-Negi kill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
An upgraded illusion, perhaps, like Albireo used during the martial arts tournament at Mahora.
no need, Zecht was shown petalized 20 years ago, yet he survives, in LM's case petalized does not equal to death, it could just be his way of teleportation.

this brought on an interesting question, did Nagi destroy LM's body 20 years ago because it wasn't really LM? that he had already transfer his soul to Zecht so Nagi basically only destroyed an empty shell? or put it another way, did Zecht disappeared 20 years ago before or after Nagi punched out LM?

unresolved questions like this are like mountain high, and we most likely won't get all our answers until the next main arc started,

Last edited by Hata; 2011-08-25 at 19:33.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 16:56   Link #7190
Pong

The reason I don't support Nodoka is because I don't like the "love at first sight"=type deals. I think it's bit of a lazy writing and not really interesting. I like to see how the feeling actually develops. "He caught me when i tripped" is rather weak for instantly falling in love with someone.

The fact that she confessed so early on is also pretty bad sign in my book. We know that Negi won't answer her either till near the end of the manga, so we are left with confession at the beginning, resolution at the end and maybe bit of teasing in between. Rather poor romance arc.

I support Asuna/Negi because we can actually see how her feelings grow and change. It's not something that came out of nowhere we actually see how Asuna's opinion on Negi. We can see how and why she falls in love with him, which makes me actually care for what happens between them. Theres certain satisfaction coming from the slow buildup.

I guess different people will have different preferences.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 19:20   Link #7191
DKN117

Can we NOT start a battle of the Shipping Wars here, please? Let's just drop the "Negi should be with X" arguments and get back to discussing the recent and upcoming manga chapters, eh?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 19:37   Link #7192
Pong

So what do you guys think this "new development" in ch 336 be?
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 19:59   Link #7193
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'm interested to see how everyone will react with Negi = mage stuffs

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:13   Link #7194
ellifeedn
Thinker

My bet is with a lot of mouth-to-mouth kissing.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 22:40   Link #7195
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Chapter 335 seems very "Star Wars A New Hope"-y; no surprise I guess, since it's not the first time Akamatsu made SW homages. (I think reading it while playing the appropriate soundtrack is going to be fun )

I'm still a bit resentful at how Negi still seemed to not question the whereabouts of his mother. Or perhaps he knows something he's yet to reveal to others?
Old 2011-08-24, 23:24   Link #7196
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hooray for ch 335!

I am interested to see the "aftermath" of the students hitherto not introduced officially to magic and the magic world in their interactions with Negi and the students who were in the know.

As for where the story will go from there? The issue of Negi's Mother and Father has still not been "dealt with", not the de-petrification of his village ... although I wonder whether Fate couldn't lend a hand there? Maybe it is harder de-petrifying folks someone else petrified?
Old 2011-08-25, 02:48   Link #7197
Aebliss
Story Master

Considering how most of the class reacted during the 'bad ending'-timeline created by Chao, I'm fairly sure they'll react positively when they hear that Negi's a mage.
Old 2011-08-25, 09:41   Link #7198
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

336 will probably be rounding things up. "it's finally over" moment, celebration for saving the world, and ending with a "vacation is over, back to school" scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I'm still a bit resentful at how Negi still seemed to not question the whereabouts of his mother. Or perhaps he knows something he's yet to reveal to others?
To be fair, he was a teensy tiny bit pre-occupied with saving the world and not dieing from Magia Erebea corruption.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-08-25 at 14:24.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 16:28   Link #7199
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
336 will probably be rounding things up. "it's finally over" moment, celebration for saving the world, and ending with a "vacation is over, back to school" scene.
I doubt it, as Akamatsu-sensei clearly mentioned that the most recent chapter was meant to be the "last chapter" of the Magic World arc.
Old 2011-08-25, 22:24   Link #7200
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Meh chapters are meh x.x

Tags
action, fantasy