AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-03, 14:13   Link #481
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by VORTIA View Post
Why would Michael have to tell her again that she'll lose her powers with her virginity? That was already made expressly clear. I have a hard time imagining that God changed his mind, and that nobody said anything about it.
the bold is the problem we already have a lot of moments in real story showing "god" changing his mind, and we know which god in the same way he can be very merciless sometimes he can be easy to change the mind in others, and we really dont know what god really wanted to do with her.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure what God did was provide her forgiveness of her sins by accepting her. There were a fair amount of people who didn't really have anything positive to say about Maria in the finale (notably Galfa and the Comte).
yeah have peoples which dont support her, but also have a lot of peoples which support and many of thats where "special peoples"(others old gods, demons, witch, creatures) and the most important a lover and a kid(the power of kids)

Quote:
Hardly. Maria greeted him warmly at the beginning of the episode and never made a hostile move against him.
how not?, she was the first one to tauting him, to start the fight, after him ask again to her stop, she just keep saying which she not stop, then they start to fight until others witch come and make the fight even worse, this was when she wanted to stop the fight, she dont wanted to see another "war".

Quote:
Angels don't have free will. Michael is incapable of wanting anything except what I God's will. That Ezekial did was why she had to become a human.
yeah they dont have but if you give hem some sort of order like "kill any person which bad mouth about me, they will do without need to keep asking again if they need to do it, they dont have free will but they follow god rules then until god himself change his mind he keep fighting which was what happened, michael was fighting by what he was following as orders or rules until god decide to stop him and use him to say what he decided.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the problem God had was her interference with the free will of the rest of humanity.
exactly, because "none outside" have rights to interfer as she was doing in the human world, it's not like they can't do anything but in order to not get in trouble with angels and god the "outsides" need be more "secretive" as the others witches where doing until now they become tired to aways follow that order and see in maria a chance to change that, not only her but all others witches where tired to aways being restricted in they lifes, that was when god see which "maybe being so restrictive" also is not right.

Quote:
I'd be interested to hear what happens on the manga, but my understanding is that the anime is significantly different from the manga, to the point that they really can't be considered the same story (hell, a good third of the anime cast isn't even in the manga, from my understanding.)
well the difference is not too much only have more characters but the end(before the the epilogue) is pretty much the same with some changes here and there.
epilogue just show the "after".
Old 2015-04-03, 19:34   Link #482
VORTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
the bold is the problem we already have a lot of moments in real story showing "god" changing his mind, and we know which god in the same way he can be very merciless sometimes he can be easy to change the mind in others, and we really dont know what god really wanted to do with her.
I don't really think that's a canonical interpretation of biblical events. God's plan and all that.

Quote:
yeah have peoples which dont support her, but also have a lot of peoples which support and many of thats where "special peoples"(others old gods, demons, witch, creatures) and the most important a lover and a kid(the power of kids)
I'm pretty sure God doesn't value certain people more than other people, if that's what you're implying.

Quote:
how not?, she was the first one to tauting him, to start the fight, after him ask again to her stop, she just keep saying which she not stop, then they start to fight until others witch come and make the fight even worse, this was when she wanted to stop the fight, she dont wanted to see another "war".
She never attacked him. Far from it, she greeted him warmly. She simply asserted she'd keep doing what she thought was right to the end. It wasn't a challenge - it was a statement of her true intent.

Quote:
exactly, because "none outside" have rights to interfer as she was doing in the human world,
I don't recall the term "outside" ever being used, and any interference with free will would be counter to God's directive for humanity, regardless of where it originated. This whole outside/inside thing seems to be something you've misinterpreted.

In fact, the term Michael used in the finale for Maria was actually "good neighbor", a term Jesus used for the good Samaritan - a person not of your faith who continues to live justly and is deserving of love and respect. Maria is still expressly outside the Church, God has simply acknowledged that she is righteous of heart. Nothing in that scenario implies she would be allowed to keep her abilities upon losing her virginity, and in fact, she had come to terms with the fact she'd lose them in episode 11 when she decided to enter a relationship with Joseph.
VORTIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 07:17   Link #483
Kumagawa

These late night anime have to find a new way to make money apart from disc sales because good show like this keep bombing only 512 copies sold for first volume.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 17:22   Link #484
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
These late night anime have to find a new way to make money apart from disc sales because good show like this keep bombing only 512 copies sold for first volume.
So little? That's sad, that series was pretty darn good to watch. :/
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 20:42   Link #485
flamerounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
That's more than disappointing. But, bad marketing probably played a part here too. The manga already finished too years ago, so they should have really stepped up the marketing to attract those readers back to watch the anime. This one went pretty much under the radar leading to the winter season.
flamerounin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 20:45   Link #486
Kurohane

I really don't see what Maria was trying to accomplish. I would root for her, if she did things more smartly, but she just comes off as foolish for doing the same thing repeatedly, expecting different results. She could have avoided a whole lot of the trouble on herself and others if she just acted more discreetly. However, she keeps arriving in all the battlefields, basically saying "stop fighting" and using force. This is the epitome of the reason Kira and the Archangel in GSD got a lot of flak, when they only did this twice.
Old 2015-04-16, 07:31   Link #487
revive4563

Truly, this situation of moe anime domination is grave...
Boycott of moe anime is only solution we can do.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 16:12   Link #488
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

So did Maria kept her powers?
Old 2015-04-23, 02:03   Link #489
Strahan

Pretty sure she didn't.

Did Edwin's cat familiar ever have a name? Well, of course she has a name, but I mean did they ever tell us what it is?
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-23, 05:16   Link #490
revive4563

Actually old Ann's narration said that "she was a witch" but this doesn't means she lost her power.
Old Ann said Maria wasn't using her power because the war was over, I think.
Cernunnos said "She will eventually become like me".
Note: Cernunnos is forgotten old God. This suggest that she is not ordinary human, regardless of the Last Judgment.

And to begin with, main plot of this story is that some virgin witch has same name of the Virgin Mary.
As you know, the Virgin Mary gave a birth as a virgin.
If author was Christian, he'd never portray his character as same as the virgin Mary but I don't think author is a Christian.
So, in conclusion, I don't think Maria lost her power.

Last edited by revive4563; 2015-05-01 at 05:22. Reason: I mean
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 09:35   Link #491
bastek66

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
philosophy