Old 2004-01-03, 21:27   Link #21
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Spoiler:
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 21:41   Link #22
Unmei
Tensetsuno Tenshi

I luv Comic Party TV series... What's Comic Party Resolution?? Is it a H game or a new TV series... or is it a OVA....

Got a site info for it??

I luved Comic Party's comedies and parodies, although I would like to see more romance in this Comic Party Resolution. Romance and comedy is a good Mix!!
Unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 21:48   Link #23
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmei
I luv Comic Party TV series... What's Comic Party Resolution?? Is it a H game or a new TV series... or is it a OVA....

Got a site info for it??

I luved Comic Party's comedies and parodies, although I would like to see more romance in this Comic Party Resolution. Romance and comedy is a good Mix!!
Comic Party Revolution is a recently released OVA.

http://www.aquaplus.co.jp/cp/cp_anime.html
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 00:15   Link #24
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkarroway
Is this anime lisenced in the USA?

I want to find and read the Manga and see the new OVA/
Doesn't ANYONE read the background info screens we do? They're there for a reason you know? If you did read it, you'll know the Anime was licensed by Right Stuf and the Manga by Tokyopop.
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 02:37   Link #25
Akiace

Frankly speaking, I don't really like the plot of the tv series, but I like the characters, esp Mizuki. The 4-part special is also really funny. Hope this OVA will be just as funny!
Akiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 17:57   Link #26
bluemist
i am the mist

*Revive the thread*

Because Comic Party Revolution OVA 1 is now out! Any comments?
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 18:27   Link #27
JLS

Send a message via AIM to JLS
I got one, it rules with a freakin passion.
JLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 21:00   Link #28
MasafumiGotoh

Comic Party!!!

Althougth i haven't watched it yet, I have downloded it and now is still uploading for maximum download expeirience(sounded a little wierd). Anyway i checked the offcial site and this anime looks quite good. Please anyone who watched it give some feedback to it.

On another note this anime reminded me of the not so distant Anime Expo 2004(In the Anahiem Convention Center, California)! Yay! Its theme is Japanese type clothing this year so...........Put on your Kimono's and school uniforms as this year is going to be a blast! I already mailed my registration form as well and will be booking for rooms(I am serious lol). This year its going to be great!

EDIT

Oh Jesus Christ i never saw the thread below um search button is not working? Anyways sorry i posted the thread. Mods! you can do your job of locking the thread!!!

Last edited by MasafumiGotoh; 2004-01-12 at 21:25.
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 21:29   Link #29
jakkz

Hrmmm... i just finished downloading it, had some playback problems due to codec (refer to screenshot) . I was told to download "ffdshow 05-23 alpha" which eventually did fix the problem

Anyways this looks enjoyable judging from opening and im looking forward to watching it

EDIT: didnt see thread below also :P
jakkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 21:44   Link #30
animefreak
???

anyone kno where i can dl comic party?
animefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 21:49   Link #31
JLS

Send a message via AIM to JLS
I believe Comic party was licensed.
JLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 21:50   Link #32
animefreak
???

yes, but you are still able to get them. like at suprnova which has bunch of licensed stuff. it does not have comic party though. Which fansub/fansubs did the original comic party?

Last edited by animefreak; 2004-01-13 at 04:57.
animefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 05:34   Link #33
Iori Branford
UH OH SEI IS A KITTY

Whoa, this is nuts. I can't tell whether it's glorifying the fandom or satirizing it. I hope it's the latter.
Iori Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 02:39   Link #34
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
*Revive the thread*

Because Comic Party Revolution OVA 1 is now out! Any comments?
What was the point of this again?

The stirrings of a romance was kind of cute and subtle but it amounted to nothing.

Am I correct in assuming that the only reason this was created is to show off it's cute female characters?

At least the otaku were pretty damn funny, I must admit.
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 03:06   Link #35
rayearth

For the exact reason, none of us will probably ever know. As for a guess, let's do a history lesson first.

Comic Party (the game) has been pretty popular ever since it was released in Japan and the Anime did pretty well, although it wasn't exactly great provided the animation was a bit dodgy at certain points (even by the standards back in 1999).

Sometime after that, the game was ported to the Dreamcast and had an extra character added to the cast. In mid 2003, the game was ported BACK to the PC (called the "DCE" version - DreamCast Edition) with all the goodies in the Dreamcast version.

Now, they first announced this OVA in March 2003, perhaps they were planning this as a "follow up" thing for the Comic Party DCE. Besides, the original TV series didn't exactly follow the story in the game anyway and even until now, Comic Party is one of the big trademarks of Aquaplus. You could say this new OVA was just to show off the new girl (Subaru) animated, but I'd say it's made to do justice for the series. Do note they are STILL releasing Manga for Comic Party in Japan, although being EXTREMELY slow about it - they've only got 3 volumes out after such a long time.

But to tell the truth, I'd rather have them animate Utawarerumono (another Leaf game) :P
Old 2004-01-14, 03:35   Link #36
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Only two episodes, though??? PAGYUUUUUUU!!!!

That's too bad it's so short, I liked ep1 of Revolution a lot, although I never saw the original series. I'll have to pick it up when it comes out on DVD...it's nothing exceptional, but it made me laugh after a long workday, and you can't put a price on that "my brother."
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 07:32   Link #37
bluemist
i am the mist

Yea, bishoujo game male sidekicks are funny. And the funniest of 'em all is that one who speaks "my brother" all the time.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 10:40   Link #38
Shift_

Well anyone know how many eps this is going to be? When the next one will be out, and WHEN Kazuki will hook up with Mizuki (like I mean, draw manga vs getting cute girl, DUH which would you choose)

Just like HnG and Hikaru and Akari, Play go or hook up with cute girl, I mean I don't understand.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 10:49   Link #39
rayearth

Didn't you read suguru's post already? Yes, there's only 2 episodes, it's not surprise since this is an OVA. Episode 2 currently has a planned (read: "they don't know for sure neither") release date in March.

What the story will be for episode 2 is still unknown, if you want to see Kazuki hook up with Mizuki that bad, go play the game.
Old 2004-01-14, 11:09   Link #40
GipFace

My eyes! My eyes!

rayearth writes:
if you want to see Kazuki hook up with Mizuki that bad, go play the game.

Oh god, please don't be like kj1980 and spout out that quote every time someone is interested in further plot development ...

---

Ho ho, that was fun to watch. I feel sorry for the two "otakings". The op sounds nice and catchy ... perhaps one worth doing karaoke for, hee hee!
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote