AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-07, 21:53   Link #1
Croix

Mermaid Saga (confused)

The Mermaid Saga series consist of 3 volumes total which are known as Mermaid's Forest, Mermaid's Scar and Mermaid's Gaze.

I am a little confused due to the other 4 Volumes titled Mermaid's Saga that I have recently noticed along with the other three complete volumes which were all released by Viz.

I was wondering if the four volumes titled Mermaid Saga are the same as the other three volumes titled as Mermaid's Forest, Mermaid's Scar and Mermaid's Gaze, but were just in different format and is extended to the 4th volume?
Old 2008-01-08, 16:15   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

I believe so. What are the titles/subtitles of those four volumes?
Old 2008-01-08, 16:38   Link #3
Robotnik
Not a member

According to Viz, "Mermaid Saga" is essentially the 2nd edition printing (smaller format?) of the separate Mermaid's Forest, Mermaid's Scar and Mermaid's Gaze. Not 100% sure about the 4th volume (last bunch of "Mermaid Saga" stories that didn't get printed in the old edition?), but check the link, they have a summary of each volume...
Old 2008-01-08, 23:05   Link #4
Croix

I have just read the first few volumes and they appears to be the same. The format was different and shorter than the previous book.

A good series, nevetheless.
Old 2008-01-09, 13:14   Link #5
Jiji
*Scanlator

I looked at some of the same sources as other people in this thread and didn't see anything new. But it could be that there's nothing new in the books -- not saying that's true, since I don't know, just saying it *could* be. They could have taken the howevermany chapters there are and re-divided them into 4 volumes instead of 3. (And in case you're wondering why, think about how manga is $10 - $12 a pop...)
This has happened before with Osamu Tezuka's Phoenix saga, where it was something like 10 tankoubon in Japan, but it magically became 12 in the West.

I just wish one of us could find out for sure if there's new material in this re-issue or not. :P
Old 2008-01-11, 09:24   Link #6
coren

I have the three older volumes, and I'm fairly sure they contain all the mermaid stories. I don't think there were any others left to translate.
Closed Thread