AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 50 51.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 33.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 11.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.02%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-10, 19:49   Link #81
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_lied View Post
Man, Sheryl sucks at piloting...I wonder if Sheryl will be shocked to see Grace alive.
At least the woman tried her best in the situation, rather than sitting around. If Sheryl's on her way to become a Valkyrie Pilot, then with enough training, she'll do good like Alto did in these few episodes. :P

I think you mean if Grace will be shocked to see Sheryl alive.

Quote:
i'll make sure i ask what part of the show is that located at next week so i can skip it, i deemed that to be unacceptable and reckless behavior on the staff's part.
I think it's just Ranka not realizing she paraded around in her underwear.
Spoiler for 15:
Old 2008-07-10, 20:38   Link #82
dee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_lied View Post
Man, Sheryl sucks at piloting...
This was Sheryl first time piloting the VF-25. She'll get better with time and more training. Sheryl did manage to bring an unconscious Michael part of the way to safety. Who's piloting really sucked was Luca. IMO he was better off staying on the ship. He almost died again if Alto hadn't saved his a** again he would have.

Last edited by dee32; 2008-07-10 at 22:01.
Old 2008-07-10, 20:50   Link #83
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyboard
it's 99 percent confirmed that she is pregnant with the Vajra Queen.

Or as Grace puts it, the beetle queen
That 1% possibility tells you you're wrong. I'm pretty sure those 'capsulated organisms' are virus. Those are what making Ranka's belly glow. The Vajra virus, maybe? The possibility that Ranka was a test subject is going over the top now. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on board the 117th research fleet injected that virus onto themselves and are the same as Ranka. It's just that, Brera "seems" to be different from Ranka which is supposed to be from that ship too. =/ The Vajra was portrayed in a different light. What a twist.

Seriously...

Spoiler:

Though I have to admit, the story is getting really really good because of this.

Spoiler for highlights of 14 for me:
Old 2008-07-10, 20:55   Link #84
zalem

Brera seems to be mostly cyborg now though, so that may account for the difference. Either that or he wasn't a test subject for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
-Is it just me or is someone not finding anything wrong with one of the bridge bunnies crushing on Capt. Wilder? How old is he? 50? If those two got together, then a true lolicon will finally show up on the ranks.
It's weird, but considering they are both adults and the woman involved doesn't look anything like a loli, I don't have any issues with it.
Old 2008-07-10, 21:14   Link #85
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
it's 99 percent confirmed that she is pregnant with the Vajra Queen.

Or as Grace puts it, the beetle queen
Just to clear this up, Grace said Little Queen, not beetle queen.
Old 2008-07-10, 21:17   Link #86
AlaAlba

damn, I want that bitch Grace to be dead yet she came back in this episode ><
Old 2008-07-10, 21:27   Link #87
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Really though I got some really strong Hikaru-Misa-Minmei vibes in this episode.
I thought I was the only one. The only thing that's good around this whole triangle is that Alto won't pull off a Hikaru (picnic scene where he flies straight to Minmei without telling Misa.)

Err... or will he?
Old 2008-07-10, 21:42   Link #88
ReddyRedWolf

Am I the only one thinking that Ranka's singing to the Zentradi and Vajra and them being blown up regardless is analogous Basara's frustration in M7?

Damn Red head bit it. I am a bit partial to tomboy characters.

With the next Sheryl "Concert" does seem reminicent of Sharon Apple.

Grace being an AI compounds it.

It wouldn't surprise me if the people of Galaxy is hypnotized and under control by Grace.

Sheryl will be the wrench in Grace's plan much like Myung was to Sharon Apple.
Old 2008-07-10, 21:57   Link #89
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Brera seems to be mostly cyborg now though, so that may account for the difference. Either that or he wasn't a test subject for some reason.

It's weird, but considering they are both adults and the woman involved doesn't look anything like a loli, I don't have any issues with it.
They'll make the perfect robbing-the-cradle couple You're right about Brera being a cyborg though. I thought we'll really know a lot in this episode, but that 'lot' isn't even enough.
Old 2008-07-10, 22:29   Link #90
dee32

Why didn't Grace come back in a different body? She could had let Sheryl and the rest of them think she was dead. She could have downloaded herself to a different body. For example new body could have been a high school girl who became Sheryl's friend. How is she going to explain how she survived when everyone on the part of Gallia 4 that was destroyed should be dead.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:12   Link #91
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
The creepy idea occurs to me that Brera isn't a cyborg because he was injured during the 117th destruction, but had the infected tissue cut out of him for experimentation after being secured by Grace's faction.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:26   Link #92
yakuri-moe

Quote:
When Maaya Sakamoto sang Aimo, I thought the song just leveled up. I love Ranka's Aimo and all, but Maaya's version just had that "the real deal" feeling written all over it. ^_^ Maaya's the best.
I completely agree with you, it literally threw me off my chair when I heard it! Ranka's version is great, but I pray with all my soul that Maaya will release her own Aimo version!

Quote:
I thought I was the only one. The only thing that's good around this whole triangle is that Alto won't pull off a Hikaru (picnic scene where he flies straight to Minmei without telling Misa.)
Didn't he kinda do something similar to Ranka already? not telling Ranka he was off to Gallia 4 and sending Mihael in his stead.

Boy no love for Sheryl in this last episodes! I wouldn't worry too much because personally since the beginning it looked like she's going to be the one ending up with Alto.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:27   Link #93
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So I finally seen it.

I have to admit, I am at a slight loss here. Not that its a bad thing because it isn't. It was a good episode, I just don't know what to make out of it. Mysteries abound.

Its sad to see Raramia biting it, but perhaps we saw that coming. After all, she had no voice actress! On the other hand, its nice to see NUNS pilots having a pair. About time.

"It won't be the same again!" Cried a pilot.

Yeah, no shit mate. You guys were absolutely pitiful for the last 13 facking episodes!

So they mentioned Ranka as the 'queen'. I wonder. I don't think the Vajra are an experiment at all, I think Ranka is an experiment. She represents an attempt for mankind to control Vajra but somehow failing utterly because controlling protoculture is beyond human capacity.

But no, we'd do anything, anything stupid to compensate for our curiosity won't we ladies n' gents. Even if there is a big label with a huge jolly roger all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
How did Guld save his life?
Guld Kamikazed himself into the Ghost, deliberately? Remember? Thus buying enough time for Isamu to crash Sharon's party and save Myung?

If that is not life-saving-sacrifice-supreme, I don't know what that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Sound's like someone is trying to re-write history. Taking lessons from ani_d?
Good heavens, how could you make such unbearable accusation!

- Tak (Now waiting on a Maya Sakamoto's Aimo single)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:28   Link #94
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakuri-moe View Post
Didn't he kinda do something similar to Ranka already? not telling Ranka he was off to Gallia 4 and sending Mihael in his stead.
No, the dumbass at least have enough courtesy to send Michel out. Let's not talk about Hikaru.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:28   Link #95
SymphonicRain

Notable points for me:

-Sheryl in VF! Lasts only for 20 secs though Q.Q

-VF-17 Macross Plus POOOOOOONCH!

-Mayaa's singing of Aimo is way beyond my expectations. o.O I can at least do my best to forget the song "Triangler" ever existed now.

-Alto already getting armored pack? Yikes

WTF moments

-Vajra Mothership: One macross cannon could obliterate it? It kind of kills the "OMGWTFHIVESHIP!" moment.

-Pixie wingman just shot off like that feels like a pointless death though. Along the lines of "Kill them all!" Gundam feeling. Which one was the one killed off, the pink or the red haired Pixie?
Old 2008-07-10, 23:30   Link #96
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakuri-moe View Post
I completely agree with you, it literally threw me off my chair when I heard it! Ranka's version is great, but I pray with all my soul that Maaya will release her own Aimo version!

Boy no love for Sheryl in this last episodes! I wouldn't worry too much because personally since the beginning it looked like she's going to be the one ending up with Alto.
I've felt the same way, but it's still depressing to see her get hurt over and over. I know it's a standard part of character development for them to fall before growing, but I like Sheryl a lot and always hope for the best for her.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:38   Link #97
yakuri-moe

By the way, that lady singing Aimo looked a lot like Sheryl, or is it just me? could Sheryl be also involved in some way? Although Seems unlikely as far as we can tell, the one with most exposure to the Vajra has been Ranka.

Also, more valkyrie fighting, yay! I love the romantic side of Macross (is the main point of everything after all) but the battle scenes from Macross Frontier are great and I always wish there was just a bit more every time ^^
Old 2008-07-10, 23:45   Link #98
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
"It won't be the same again!" Cried a pilot.

Yeah, no shit mate. You guys were absolutely pitiful for the last 13 facking episodes!

So they mentioned Ranka as the 'queen'. I wonder. I don't think the Vajra are an experiment at all, I think Ranka is an experiment. She represents an attempt for mankind to control Vajra but somehow failing utterly because controlling protoculture is beyond human capacity.

But no, we'd do anything, anything stupid to compensate for our curiosity won't we ladies n' gents. Even if there is a big label with a huge jolly roger all over it.
I got the 「ざくとは違うんだよ、ざくとは!」impression in that scene.

After the last episode, I am pretty sure that Ranka was part of an experiment of some sort. I figure the Vajura were relatively benign until someone went and riled them up.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:48   Link #99
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Hm, I'm pretty sure Ranka will survive in the end of the episode, once you off Grace and Leon. She appears to me as the peacemaker between Vajra and humans. She'll probably pull a Minmei by the end of the series as the Minmei Attack resolved peace between the two sides.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:55   Link #100
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
-Pixie wingman just shot off like that feels like a pointless death though. Along the lines of "Kill them all!" Gundam feeling. Which one was the one killed off, the pink or the red haired Pixie?
Raramia is the redhead.

I'd be slightly upset if it was Nene, because she is sweet as sugar...from what little she has done and said.
Closed Thread