AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 14 15.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 22.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 31.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 17.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 9.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.15%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-14, 19:19   Link #21
$akura
Tell me this isn't TLC

Animation Quality: 8.7/10
Voice Actors: ???
Script: ???
Adaptation from Manga: ???
Editing: ???

I've only read the manga, so I don't have a whole lot of criticism for the anime (though I've watched the opening/ending and have seen AMVs, which was what I based my opinion on the animation on).
Old 2008-08-17, 08:51   Link #22
MooMooFarm

They named Zero Zero so he could try to score brownie points from the viewers using a cliche "cool" name, but all that did was add to his awkwardness and inferiority.

Later in the show, they pretty much put scenes in to make it look like Kaname is a bad guy.

And they hinted Yuuki as a vampire when the Cross Chairman grouped her and zero together saying I DONT CONSIDER THEM VAMPIRES. It's like, WOW BUDDY WAY TO SPOIL? It's like as dumb as putting fox whiskers on Naruto and having someone say in the first episode, ARE YOU A KYUUBI? Oh wait they did half of that already.

:] scenes were done a lot cuter than special A though, so I'm happy I could actually watch. Fight scenes were dur dur dur, should focus less. And less zero, it's like a vampire sasuke but is GIMPIER than his rival. I'm not saying these type of characters shouldn't exist, but you've gotta get away from the mold and at least give them something over others. Kaname, if you take out the scenes that make him look evil, is a completely superior person in EVERY WAY. So if Zero wins Yuuki, you get people like me going, DUR PLOT DEVICE OR RETARDED PEOPLE? and if Zero doesn't win, he's pretty much the rival that never was, though there were lots of scenes where he pretty much did win like with him sucking on Yuuki.

>.> and yeah, the anime looks better than the manga by quite a bit, to the point where I rather wait for S2 than to read. That's quite a compliment, considering I'm the guy who jumps ship on anime when fillers pop and read manga and never go back, or worse, read manga first, and don't even bother with anime T_T even if I wanted to.

Best part of this season/series so far, is the episode when they had Yuuki/Kaname's past. That was Kawaii =] enough to make this a 8/10 alone not including anything else positive. Lil girl with tiny mittens on = ^_________^ and there's even snow! And the show also was done silly enough where I'd never question why 100 students could be kept back by 2 people across over 200 meters of ground.
Old 2008-08-20, 14:47   Link #23
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

I prefer the manga over the anime. The manga has much more depth than the anime.
Old 2008-08-20, 20:45   Link #24
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taler View Post
While the execution was good, the show as a whole had nothing for me. The lead girl was also far underused, but then the plot was nearly non-existent here, so there was nothing for her to do. Zero emoness was boring boring, creators should realize that after 200 years of vampire stories vampires that doesn't want to drink blood don't need 3 espisodes worth of time to explain
Totally agree with you. It was really boring to watch but since it only has 13 episodes and the music / voice were really good i managed to finish it somehow... the story felt as if it didnt go anywhere.

Music: 8
Animation: 5
Voice Actors:10
Script: 6

Overall rating: 7
Old 2008-08-24, 17:37   Link #25
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

well i gave it a 6 n this is y
there r good important points not used from the manga n i think i would be better if they used them n then the one episode that doesnt happen in the manga i think it was episode # 6 or so
then it skiped alot!!!
but then agein its a good story n eazy to follow n i hope that the 2nd season is a bit better that this one but thats just me other ppl might hate me for this n its kool
also i would of likes to see a bit more from the manga n not add-ons
its turning into fruits basket alover agein then agein its only wat i think

but i still love it n all n cant wait till the next season comes out ^_^
Old 2008-09-03, 02:16   Link #26
Kittycountess

I didn't read the manga (at least not the parts that were in the anime,) so I can't compare. What I can say is that there was a lot of potential for "goodness" in the anime that got wasted. One glaring one that keeps nagging at me still is that, like MooMooFarm mentioned, for a moment towards the end I thought they were going to make Kaname evil. That, IMO, would have been a superb development considering how much he was glorified throughout the story. I kept thinking about the delicious possibilities this would present now that Zero was going to be the only nice suitor for Yuuki and the bad guy would be someone she'd be in love with but has the good guy in his claws...and so on and so forth. Alas it all fell apart in the last scene and put things back to square one. It really disappointed me. I know it's not the fault of the animators since the story is from the manga but I can't get it out of my head what a great opportunity for story development got lost there.

I am now reading the rest of the story in the manga and frankly getting tired of it. It's like the same thing over and over: Kaname gushes over Yuuki, Zero angsts/gets ill, Yuuki can't seem to decide which one she wants but surprisingly keeps both of them at arms length with little effort, the day class froths at their mouths over the night class, the chairman acts goofy, the hunter guy is the only teacher in the night class...rinse, repeat.
Old 2008-09-04, 12:37   Link #27
Lilith
Your average fangirl

So... Who's "Vampire Knight"? Yuuki?

This was a good anime: 7/10.

I like Zero a lot. To me, the main character of Vampire Knight is Zero not Yuuki. Everything is revolving around him: his hatered to vampires, his transformation, his agony after transformation, his past of his twin brother and Shizuka, his feelings toward Yuuki and Kaname and finally becoming a Level E.

I also liked the almost-erotic bloood sucking scenes.

Although it might be unfair to say this now since the story is still going, the use of "vampire" plot is weak and many things are too cliched, silly or not explained. So, sometimes I regard Vampire Knight as a pure romantic story in which the main girl (Yuuki) can't decide between her best friend (Zero) and her chilhood crush (Kaname).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycountess View Post
...make Kaname evil. That, IMO, would have been a superb development considering how much he was glorified throughout the story.
I disagree. There's more development when we're not entirely certain if Kaname is good or evil (like someone said, Kaname is gambling on both sides).
Old 2008-10-23, 07:31   Link #28
Morier
Brittany Nicole

Send a message via AIM to Morier Send a message via MSN to Morier
After I saw this anime it went instantly to the top of my all time favorites list.
There is something about it that grasped onto me like no other.
Perhaps its my fetish for vampires and anime combined?
But there are other vampire animes out there... >>;
Honestly. I have no idea why I am so drawn in.
But. I am. And hence a perfect 10!
Old 2008-10-24, 01:26   Link #29
MaiHikari

3/10 points: 1 for op, 1 for ed, and 1 for animation.

The only thing this anime had was the op and ed. Love love love the music. The good animation was wasted over an awful plot that seemed like it could go somewhere but went nowhere. The rinse & repeat comment was so true. Yuuki has got to be the worst main girl ever.

Come on! They're VAMPIRES! There are millions of stories about them because they're so fascinating, erotic, and intriguing. But the story managed to FAIL. That's saying something.

And then I watched the first ep of season 2, primarily for the op and ed. If I ever had hope for the plot, I would have been disappointed.

Rinse & Repeat.
Old 2008-10-24, 01:42   Link #30
Morier
Brittany Nicole

Send a message via AIM to Morier Send a message via MSN to Morier
o_O Strong personal opinion...
But I thought the plot was amazing...
Spoiler for Season one:
Old 2008-11-04, 00:59   Link #31
vicki.kitty
♫♪ dango dango dango ♪♫

Animation Quality: 8.5 [not bad]