AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-16, 01:35   Link #241
Casshern

The art is beautiful, but I'm not keen on the effeminate male character designs. Story-wise I find it enjoyable, but I hope something drastic happens soon because I don't feel any excitement so far.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 02:28   Link #242
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
Saw the first two episodes and I though they were good, well I have read the manga so I know the direction this is going but I have to say they are doing a very good job animating this and also setting the mood to let us know that something creepy is going on.
hehe, I did same thing but after 1st ep
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 03:01   Link #243
thefeared

Are they going to finish the story in 22 episodes? If they do one chapter per ep, which it looks like they're doing, it doesn't seem as though they'll finish. Which is a shame really, because the good chapters are all later. The first couple are really boring IMO.
thefeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 03:16   Link #244
Silverwyrm

I'm good with 1 chapter an episode, too many rushed anime lately wasting so much potential (check my avatar/sig for one...) also, those first two chapters are pretty slow, but important to the story.
Old 2010-07-16, 03:23   Link #245
thefeared

The first 8 or so chapters are/were pretty boring IMO. If it continues at this pace, it'll end on a chapter that......while good, is pretty inconclusive.
Old 2010-07-16, 13:04   Link #246
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeared View Post
The first 8 or so chapters are/were pretty boring IMO. If it continues at this pace, it'll end on a chapter that......while good, is pretty inconclusive.
Not the kind of show thats supposed to be conclusive by the 3rd or 4th episode, also obviously a matter of opinion, but I didn't find it boring up to that point, I thought it was very interesting. It getting 22 ep's at least, if they just headrush into the meat of it before its really begun, it will end up with a lot of meaningless filler instead, or anime original stuff which may or may not be any good.

I think its best off proceeding the way it has, although I'm aware that there is at least 30 manga chapters in jp, so somethings gonna have to change somewhere I suppose.
Old 2010-07-16, 13:46   Link #247
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
^ah okay...see I never watch OPs until after the next OP airs or until the series is finished...mainly because it's sometimes quite spoiler-ific. Oh well.
I think anything about blood and anemia related to vampires are just common sense.

Oh, and btw, thank you @Zu Ra for the fanarts. I love Megumi-chan. And somehow I still hope the vampirething to be true so she can… I don’t know, maybe be a vampire? Hahaha. Guess it would be weird to be buried like that.

Shiki is really great so far. I'm really surprised with this season.

Spoiler for episode 2:

Last edited by Nijuu; 2010-07-16 at 14:55.
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 15:03   Link #248
thefeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Not the kind of show thats supposed to be conclusive by the 3rd or 4th episode, also obviously a matter of opinion, but I didn't find it boring up to that point, I thought it was very interesting. It getting 22 ep's at least, if they just headrush into the meat of it before its really begun, it will end up with a lot of meaningless filler instead, or anime original stuff which may or may not be any good.

I think its best off proceeding the way it has, although I'm aware that there is at least 30 manga chapters in jp, so somethings gonna have to change somewhere I suppose.
That's my point, the first couple of chapters don't have that much actual substance. Combining some of them into one episode might work, and would allow some of the later chapters to be animated. Maybe they'll even finish the story with 22 episodes.
Old 2010-07-16, 16:49   Link #249
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Ended up liking the second episode a lot more than the first. Geeze, the purple haired guy is supposed to be the protag while almost every other character is more interesting than him. And I was happily surprised to see how practical the monk, the doctor, and the city official were, making plans for the worst (normal) outcome instead of freaking out or ignoring it all together (which seems to be the more normal reaction in anime). Definitely keep watching this now but I'm a little worried about keeping track of all the characters, I've heard that the novels have 150 named characters.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 20:23   Link #250
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Ended up liking the second episode a lot more than the first. Geeze, the purple haired guy is supposed to be the protag while almost every other character is more interesting than him. And I was happily surprised to see how practical the monk, the doctor, and the city official were, making plans for the worst (normal) outcome instead of freaking out or ignoring it all together (which seems to be the more normal reaction in anime). Definitely keep watching this now but I'm a little worried about keeping track of all the characters, I've heard that the novels have 150 named characters.
150 characters? Isn't the whole town has only 1300 people? We are going to know 1/10 of the town population?

This is definitely the show that has the most substance this season.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 20:41   Link #251
PzIVf3

I think that plague may come source from the delivery truck and the mysterious convoys.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 22:12   Link #252
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
150 characters? Isn't the whole town has only 1300 people? We are going to know 1/10 of the town population?

This is definitely the show that has the most substance this season.
I doubt we'll be able to focus on 150 but remember that everyone who was out and looking for Megumi was named/had their age given, the first episode must've had 20 or 30 named characters alone (which is what I think everyone is referring to). Plus, as a few other people mentioned, since in a normal horror story only the named characters are killed off this makes it harder to predict.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 22:35   Link #253
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've read up to the beginning of volume 7 of the manga, and the only people I've had trouble distinguishing are the three main young guys (Natsuno, Tooru, and Kaori's brother). With the anime character design and color, there doesn't seem to be any problem with them in the anime.

My character/seiyuu page (link in sig below) has pics of the twelve most important characters in the anime and may be of some help. In the manga, any other people tended to have their stories told over a short period of time, so that you didn't have to hold them in mind very long.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-07-17 at 01:52.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 13:05   Link #254
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
My character/seiyuu page (link in sig below) has pics of the twelve most important characters in the anime and may be of some help. In the manga, any other people tended to have their stories told over a short period of time, so that you didn't have to hold them in mind very long.
I found your character/seiyuu page for DRRR tremendously helpful. At the time I didn't realize you were the one making them so thanks for these.
Old 2010-07-17, 13:14   Link #255
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, it turns out Natsuno and Megumi were quite similar. They could have gotten along well, if he hadn't been so cold. Episode 2 didn't change my mind about him.

I'm loving the show so far, but like Guardian Enzo, I haven't taken a liking to any of the characters yet, which may be a problem later on if that doesn't change (actually, I liked Megumi, but, you know...). Well, no need to worry about it just yet. I'm pretty sure I'm going to love Yuuki Aoi's character, so I hope she'll get introduced soon.
Old 2010-07-17, 13:58   Link #256
Joojoobees

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I found your character/seiyuu page for DRRR tremendously helpful. At the time I didn't realize you were the one making them so thanks for these.
I'll have to pile on here, too. I have used several of your character/seiyuu pages repeatedly. For whatever reason, I am awful with names, but recognize faces. When I write about a show (e.g. here on the forum), I end up turning to some reference to remind myself of a characters name. This is especially true of shows, like Shiki, that have a large cast. I like seeing the info on the seiyuu, as well, but being able to "look up" a character's name by seeing them is a godsend. Thanks!
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 16:37   Link #257
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
...I have used several of your character/seiyuu pages repeatedly. For whatever reason, I am awful with names, but recognize faces....
This makes me feel great. Thank you, to you and to Kirarakim. I started making the pages in the first place because I was having trouble keeping characters straight myself -- and I wanted to learn the seiyuus, too.

@Kanon -- Someone posting on 2channel says she should show up next week. She was my main initial interest in the show. I know what scene is likely to be the first we see her in, and I think she has a chance to be amazing in it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 16:35   Link #258
Katapan
俺様祭り

A preview of the following episode is posted on the official website every week after the noitaminA broadcast. You can watch it here - it's of course currently showing the preview for episode 3.

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2010-07-18, 16:39   Link #259
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So tempted to watch that preview, so like i already said i love not knowing what's going to happen next.

So tempting. >__<
Old 2010-07-18, 16:44   Link #260
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So tempted to watch that preview, so like i already said i love not knowing what's going to happen next.

So tempting. >__<
Not much revealed in the preview though

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire