AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-24, 22:47   Link #121
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

So in the Macross F Movie 2 BD specials, Nakamura Yuuichi mentioned VF-30 in relation to Macross 30th (Nothing was revealed, I believe he was just speculating) got me thinking. What if the rumored small announcement is the release of a combined Movie 1 and 2 - much like Kill Bill, Whole Bloody Affair. With some added scenes and a Flashback 2012 like epilogue.

Imagine, after the credits are done there is a scene with a Next Generation Macross lifting off and the VF-30 flying beside it. Something like this is certainly doable by the end of 2012. The premise being that Sheryl and gang are heading towards the center of the Galaxy where the Vajra folded to. And she can bring along all the surviving Macross series character to date to meet up with Alto and the Megaroad-01 gang.

And halfway through Basara will waltz in on a Galatic Whale telling everyone to stop fighting.

Last edited by woodearth; 2011-10-24 at 22:54. Reason: Corrected for terminology
Old 2011-10-25, 00:15   Link #122
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Max was in Macross 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
A small reminder my dear, Max was well present in 7 as well, and still hot. Now, Seven is almost 20 years old, so I am not sure how recent that can be. I am also not entirely sure what you see in Basara, but one thing for certain, Basara managed to turn most of us off.

I think I speak for most people when I say there were moments I wish he'd just shut up.

- Tak
Sorry, I was overtired at the time I wrote that; now I remember.

Hm, the only other man I'd state is hot was Ray.

And when it comes to Basara, I'm not speaking about personalities but rather their looks. I didn't exactly find Shin or Gamlin to be very hot. Alto was a little bit more sexy, but that's just because I liked his hair. But otherwise, Macross, even back into SDF, didn't really have a lot of hot men. Hell, Hikaru was NOT hot.
Old 2011-10-25, 10:39   Link #123
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
And halfway through Basara will waltz in on a Galatic Whale telling everyone to stop fighting.
Even though I absolutely detest the fucker, there were moments I actually wished he'd make an onscreen appearance in Frontier.

And not just him. Any survivors from Space War I and other characters of previous Macross series are all welcome.

Too bad Isamu had a 10 seconds appearance, I actually wished he'd go down, pep-talk Alto for a few minutes, and then show him how a real ace fights before blazing off screen.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-10-25 at 10:53.
Old 2011-10-25, 11:48   Link #124
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Even though I absolutely detest the fucker, there were moments I actually wished he'd make an onscreen appearance in Frontier.

And not just him. Any survivors from Space War I and other characters of previous Macross series are all welcome.

Too bad Isamu had a 10 seconds appearance, I actually wished he'd go down, pep-talk Alto for a few minutes, and then show him how a real ace fights before blazing off screen.

- Tak
And Alto never called the YF-29 a "Cute Baby."

I know you hated M7, but you must've loved the scene where the old Destroid Monster pilots went back into action.
Old 2011-10-25, 11:57   Link #125
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I know you hated M7, but you must've loved the scene where the old Destroid Monster pilots went back into action.
You mean the Kawamori-scorn-for-Macross II episode, where MII music was playing in the background for shits n' giggles? (Kawamori: THATS NOT CANON, BITCH!)

It was that, and the whole duration while Basara was in a coma. Peace and quiet, finally!

Ok, I also loved Fleet's Strongest Woman, all because Chlore was hot.

Such a great thing for Zentradi to have very-long lifespans...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-25, 12:09   Link #126
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
You mean the Kawamori-scorn-for-Macross II episode, where MII music was playing in the background for shits n' giggles? (Kawamori: THATS NOT CANON, BITCH!)
Erm...you understand that Kawamori had almost nothing to do with Macross 7 besides suggesting the core idea, yes?
Old 2011-10-25, 12:29   Link #127
Lancel

Quote:
Totally, Isamu has much he could teach Alto about the ways of love, both love of skies and love of women. Whether this will be to his benefit or not is totally... *sunglasses* up in the air.

(I've only gotten to watch the first fifteen minutes so far. Ranka's bikini scene amused me. Come on, Ranka, you know staring is exactly why you put that on.)

Quote:
Erm...you understand that Kawamori had almost nothing to do with Macross 7 besides suggesting the core idea, yes?
So thaaat's why the plot was so slow to move and every episode had to end with recut battle footage.
Old 2011-10-25, 12:35   Link #128
Tak

Quote:
Not really, considering I am trying to erase every trace of my memory in regards to Macross 7.

And failing.

You do realize I only watched the damn series because it was canon, right? My enjoyment of it had been pathetically spotty. Expecting me to even find its more intricate details is really, really pushing it.

Even.though.I.must.grudgingly.accept.it.as.canon.

Though MII music in the background was for shits n' giggles, and a declaration of the said series' non-canon status. That was very obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
(I've only gotten to watch the first fifteen minutes so far. Ranka's bikini scene amused me. Come on, Ranka, you know staring is exactly why you put that on.)
Which is kind of sad, considering they imported one of the most glaring failures of her TV personality into an otherwise acceptable Ranka movie mix.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2011-10-25 at 13:03.
Old 2011-10-25, 16:01   Link #129
magnuskn

Quote:

It was that, and the whole duration while Basara was in a coma. Peace and quiet, finally!

Ok, I also loved Fleet's Strongest Woman, all because Chlore was hot.

Such a great thing for Zentradi to have very-long lifespans...

- Tak
Big fan of Emiria here.
Old 2011-10-25, 16:10   Link #130
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Big fan of Emiria here.
I think I want a Zentran wife just so we can play "toss the baby".

- Tak

Old 2011-10-25, 23:40   Link #131
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
Oh do tell. I'll go wait in the Macross 7 or the upcoming (hopefully) Canon thread. Or both. I love behind the scenes stuff like this.
Old 2011-10-29, 08:31   Link #132
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
how about we put her in the next Macross series?
http://youtu.be/
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2011-10-29, 09:52   Link #133
sa547
*Author

^
I could only imagine Sheryl and Ranka being the panelists in The Frontier Idol 2060.

Last edited by sa547; 2011-10-29 at 13:33.
Old 2011-10-29, 16:07   Link #134
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

Talking

I know what I want for the anniversary ...

Sheryl Nome meets Fire Bomber!

A terrific CD!

I know I'm a Ranka fan.
Old 2011-11-01, 07:02   Link #135
Westlo
Lets be reality

Aquarion EVOL is set for Jan
AKB48 Anime is set for April (read the AKB49 manga, that shit is good....)
Old 2011-11-01, 17:59   Link #136
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangler_fans1 View Post
I know what I want for the anniversary ...

Sheryl Nome meets Fire Bomber!

Old 2011-11-01, 20:08   Link #137
sa547
*Author

Impressive. Now that's one way to bring the house down!
Old 2011-11-05, 05:14   Link #138
boredfink

There is some wisdom in remaking the orginial series. Will gives him complete freedom to do watever he wants with the entire universe. Even visit megaroad. *hint* *hint*

Its either that or rally lawyers from both the current btech owners and macross to trash it out once and for all in north america with "Disharmony Old".

That said, I would think a group band would be the next logical move.
Think "Glee club in space"

I know the idea sounds really bad but triangle love affairs can only be repeated so many times before it gets old.

So its high time for groupies.
Old 2011-11-07, 20:54   Link #139
sa547
*Author

Has anyone mentioned about this? It's about three weeks old and yet...
http://andriasang.com/comyrr/

I couldn't imagine the possible enormity of this...
Old 2011-11-08, 02:23   Link #140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Has anyone mentioned about this? It's about three weeks old and yet...
http://andriasang.com/comyrr/

I couldn't imagine the possible enormity of this...
Probably just DLC costumes.