AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-04, 00:11   Link #4001
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Oh no, it's nothing like that. I'm probably just kinda bitter I was all 'translations may be some time' and 'someone else may like to step in' but in the end no one did
No really you do a really good job, and great service. I know i tried to do chapter 16 and I've never felt so dumb as when i tried it's really not easy.
Old 2013-04-04, 00:14   Link #4002
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Oh no, it's nothing like that. I'm probably just kinda bitter I was all 'translations may be some time' and 'someone else may like to step in' but in the end no one did
My gratitude is like an unblockable laser that cannot be blocked whether by distance or time
Old 2013-04-04, 00:15   Link #4003
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
My gratitude is like an unblockable laser that cannot be blocked whether by distance or time
So you're gratitude is like "meteor line".
Old 2013-04-04, 00:43   Link #4004
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Really?
Do you really think we would let you go while we haven't milk everything out of you yet?
We will even milk you after you have nothing left, like every successful game companies do with their franchises, with Miyuki.

SAY YES TO MIYUKI
Old 2013-04-04, 00:46   Link #4005
Rava

Quote:
I can imagine the pain. I tried taking a look at that bizarre line in Volume 1, Chapter 4 about hydrochloric acid (!?) that was translated.

Brain asplodey...

Best I can make of it something about how people frequently take out parts of the Magic Sequence to make it faster? Or something like that?
Old 2013-04-04, 01:10   Link #4006
Rava

Can we keep the personal comments to PMs please? Casting "Raise Dead Discussion" from out of nowhere usually makes OTHER people mad.
Old 2013-04-04, 01:20   Link #4007
fujin of shadows

Okay, just finish reading chapter 15 of the Light Novel and it raised some questions in my mind

First, the explanation about Maya's magic.

Quote:
Maya’s magic is ‘Meteor Stream’. The Japanese name is representative of the appearance of the magic, but the English name ‘Meteor Line’ is more representative of the nature of the magic.

This magic which has cemented Maya’s place as one of the most powerful magicians in the world, earning her the names ‘Devil of the Far East’ and ‘Queen of Night’ is a Convergence type Systematic magic which controls the distribution of light in its area of effect. Its power is especially amplified in a closed space such as rooms or tunnels.

The apparent process of this magic first forms countess tiny balls of light floating in the darkened area, which are then shot out as rays.

The attack appears like a shower of lasers, but the power of Meteor Line has no connection with the energy of the light. Even the amount of light is irrelevant.

The essence of the magic lies in forcing the redistribution of light, where the coordinates for light to be in are set as little balls and lines are then drawn between them.

Anything in the path of the space the light passes through is modified as the light is transmitted: regardless of the hardness of the object, heat resistance, plasticity, or resilience; a hole is drilled through. Not even highly transparent glass holds an optical transparency of 100%, and cannot escape the event modification that ‘light has passed through’ and therefore ‘a hole was made’.

Looking at the logic behind this magic, rather than the phenomenon itself, it can be concluded that the magic interferes with the structural information of the object via the distribution of light, directly vaporizing solids and liquids without affecting heat or pressure; in other words a type of decomposition magic which decomposes into gas. Since it’s defined as a ‘ray of distributed light’, it cannot be defended against via blocking, reflecting or refracting. Since the light doesn’t come from any particular direction, it cannot be shielded against by magic either. Even if one were to cover themselves with a spherical shield in all directions, it cannot alter the movement of photons and the phenomena ‘light has become a line’ will still be produced, resulting in a hole.

Just as it’s impossible to defend against by magic which shields against physical phenomena, it’s almost impossible to defend against Meteor Line with anti magic. Since it’s mediated via the physical phenomenon called light, preventing it purely via anti magic such as interference over an area is extremely difficult. If one’s interference strength in the single element ‘distribution of light’ cannot exceed Maya’s, ‘Meteor Line’ is unstoppable. As ‘distribution if light’ is Maya’s innate magic, interfering with it is far too high a hurdle. And once the magic has been activated, even if you try and cause interference in the area of effect, the phenomena rewriting effect that ‘light has moved’ has already taken place.
So does this mean that Tatsuya inherited his magic from his aunt?

Can he also use Meteor Line considering that it is a form of Decomposition Magic?

Also, if Tatsuya inherited his magic from his aunt, what is the true relationship between the two? I mean, in the chapter, I felt like Maya was trying to have Tatsuya go into hiding because she's worried about him for some reason. Does Maya want to hide Tatsuya because he is the Yotsuba clan's secret weapon, albeit a wild one, or something else?
Old 2013-04-04, 01:24   Link #4008
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
They spent three paragraphs saying "It's a f***ing unblockable laser that Tatsuya can block."
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say "it's a unblockable laser that doesn't work on Tatsuya because he can make sure you can't fire the damn thing'?
Old 2013-04-04, 02:23   Link #4009
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Okay, just finish reading chapter 15 of the Light Novel and it raised some questions in my mind

Can he also use Meteor Line considering that it is a form of Decomposition Magic?

Also, if Tatsuya inherited his magic from his aunt, what is the true relationship between the two? I mean, in the chapter, I felt like Maya was trying to have Tatsuya go into hiding because she's worried about him for some reason. Does Maya want to hide Tatsuya because he is the Yotsuba clan's secret weapon, albeit a wild one, or something else?
I don't think this works in the same way. This one changes the state of the Eidos getting penetrated by the light into a gas if it wasn't already. Tatsuya's just annihilates. I'm sure he can use decomposition magic to duplicate the result (like the pinpricks on the Blanche men), but not in the same method.
Old 2013-04-04, 02:24   Link #4010
waffler

i like how mayas scared of tatsuya because he can kill her
Old 2013-04-04, 05:47   Link #4011
Go10
Unlimited Manga Works

Spoiler for ch15:

Does that mean Tatsuya was wounded ?

Thank you for this chapter sir.
Old 2013-04-04, 07:21   Link #4012
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say "it's a unblockable laser that doesn't work on Tatsuya because he can make sure you can't fire the damn thing'?
Well, he can stop it once it starts, while everyone else has the option of "Kill her instantly or you are dead."
Old 2013-04-04, 07:26   Link #4013
Ultragunner

ok, I'm kinda getting a bit confused here, so Maya's magic is to decompose matter? What does "distributed light" mean? Does she concentrate the surrounding light into a beam that can penetrate anything?
Old 2013-04-04, 07:39   Link #4014
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post

While they are similar they are not the same. Tatsuya himself said it that each Yotsuba excels in a different system. Withing the boundaries of the magic being inherited like Miya's "mental structure interference" and Miyuki's "Cocoytus" while they both effect mental structure they are different, and tatsuya and Maya's both effect information bodies (i guess because they are aunt and nephew) but are different.
Old 2013-04-04, 08:00   Link #4015
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
ok, I'm kinda getting a bit confused here, so Maya's magic is to decompose matter? What does "distributed light" mean? Does she concentrate the surrounding light into a beam that can penetrate anything?
She gathers all the light in an area and then turns it into a line. Since the phenomenon is "Light turned into a line" not "Light moved to X spot" it can't be stopped. So anything inside the area where "Light turned into a line" gets vaporized.
Old 2013-04-04, 08:44   Link #4016
bobmeow

is that meant to be chapter 15 and not vol 9 because where is Tatsuya where he first uses material burst i am prob mistaken though
Old 2013-04-04, 08:45   Link #4017
bobmeow

i mean meant to be vol 9 not chapter 15
Old 2013-04-04, 09:10   Link #4018
Vahanar
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go10
Does that mean Tatsuya was wounded ?
Somehow doubt it, from what I understand anything that gets pierced by Meteor Line is vaporized, and what? Tatsuya regenerated from vapor?
Old 2013-04-04, 09:12   Link #4019
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanar View Post
Somehow doubt it, from what I understand anything that gets pierced by Meteor Line is vaporized, and what? Tatsuya regenerated from vapor?
Not the entire person but rather where the laser goes through.
Old 2013-04-04, 09:22   Link #4020
Vahanar
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d
Not the entire person but rather where the laser goes through.
Or that.

This scene still was confusing, if Tatsuya just regenerated from Maya magic then what about this?
Spoiler:

It sounds like he decomposed her magic. Unless regenerating from magic=breaking it. Which is doubtful.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings