AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-31, 18:30   Link #141
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Basically Grendan and Zuellni mets and finally our breast loving Queen made her move and Stolen not only Leerin but Nina as well. Fon-Fon is going to try hard to get his wife and lover back xD.
Harem ending?
Old 2009-03-31, 21:13   Link #142
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Layfon is so childish and too innocent, he never gets serious unless its against Filth monsters, and he never likes too show off his power nor abilitys too anyone.

So as you may suspect when Layfon was fighting with that guy in ep 12, he was mostly talking and holding back because if he used 50%+ of his strenght the Dite would explode or break, so as you could see he defeated him with hand to hand combat in an instant after he saw no other way but too beat him using that.

I have too say that the only thing thats preventing him from using his strenght too the maximum is the Dite... So as long as he doesnt have a blade that can withstand his power than he can not fight serious against humans or Filth monsters.
Old 2009-04-05, 02:33   Link #143
dunames

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I'm wondering some thing are the Heavenly Blades (the weapons themselves) some kind of legendary of extra powerful Dite and if so how did the people of Grendan get all 12 of the Blades.
imo i think grendan dite technology is just a bit more advance then then other cities since they being researching and fighting filt monster for such a long time.
Old 2009-04-08, 16:04   Link #144
hope assasin

I want to ask

Spoiler for novel:
Old 2009-04-08, 17:04   Link #145
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Obviously Savaris i think...Dixerio far from a match for a HB reciever.(it's a spoiler thread...the spoiler tags here unneded)
Old 2009-04-08, 18:42   Link #146
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope assasin View Post
I want to ask

Spoiler for novel:
I dont think either win, I think that something else comes up and both of them go there own ways.
Old 2009-04-09, 03:15   Link #147
asrielchase

Savaris crushed his head, I think.
Old 2009-04-09, 13:03   Link #148
BaltazarDZ
Lazy Bum

Send a message via MSN to BaltazarDZ Send a message via Yahoo to BaltazarDZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
In the first episode,we saw Layfon when he was still a small kid,but already became a member of the Tenken.As a proof of him being a Tenken,the Queen gave him 2 things...first was the Sky Sword (the one he used in episode 1),and secondly the Tenken title Volfstein (I'm not sure where i read this but literally itmeans a Swordsman).

When he fought against Garhald (as shown in episode 9),he wielded the Sky Sword with him,and also when the match ends,the announcer mentioned his name as "Layfon Volfstein Alseif".This means that even before he fought against Garhald,the Tenken title was already belong to him..he didn't even need to fight against Garhald to obtain the title,coz he already became a Tenken few years before the match between him and Garhald even started.

Beside it doesn't make any sense isn't it if he was expelled by the Queen becoz of the incident of him chopping Garhald's hand IF he was not a Tenken.

EDIT - Ah swt i mistook Garhald with Gorneo....gomen >"<

EDIT2 - To add to the post above...well we don't actually know the past history between Garharld and Layfon before Layfon was accepted into the Tenken.But i think Garhald's grudge towards Layfon was not about the Tenken title...probably something else.Unless someone can show me any line from the novel itself that Garhald and Layfon did fight before for the Tenken title.
I was browsing the spoiler thread to find out whether or not Layfon gets the Haikizoke and what do I see *le gasp* Well it doesn't matter =w=

Volfstein literary = Wolf Stone. From German =w=

PS. Does he get's the Haikizoku or not?
Old 2009-04-10, 06:55   Link #149
iceyfw

i really want to see volume 12 animated since that seems like where ---- hits the fan concerning layfon. i only hope after CSR ends that we will get a second season down the line. but it's hard to say where they'll stop the anime at this point. if they burn through the novel material like crazy 2 months later, then yeah.. there goes our hope

maybe they'll stop at volume 7 or 8? what do you novel readers think?

Spoiler for Questions about the Haikizoku:

Spoiler for Question about Psyharden:

yeah sorry, but i won't be able to wait it out for the anime to reveal about it.
Old 2009-04-10, 07:20   Link #150
TrueKnight

Actually you can find your answers in the ep 13 thread, but for convenience I'll repost them here. Courtesy of Archmagination2002,

Haikizokou,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archamagination2002
When a city dies but leaves its Fairy still alive then the fairy changes into a being of revenge(it is then called Haikizokou) in this case it changed into a Goat for some reason.. I think it has something to do with the Zodiac.

The Haikizokou needs a body to get revenge on the filth monsters so it makes a bargain with a kei user. A person possessed by a Haikizokou has their kei at least doubled, but the mind is permanently warped with the drive for revenge. That last part I think is the reason the Goat rejected Layfon, he was too strong and his mind couldn't be warped to the Goats purpose. That was the significance of Layfon slashing the Goat, it showed he was strong enough to fight against his own self.

Its not just revenge about filth monsters, its also revenge against anybody/anything that gets in its way of revenge.
Psyharden,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archamagination2002
Not enough is known about Psyharden, so sorry. The only thing I know is that Psyharden refers to a legendary type of katana/kei skills passed down master to students and those of the Psyharden bloodline like to travel outside to other citys while fighting filth monsters.

The reason why the Queen is referring to Layfon as 'It' is because she considers him as a weapon. Mainly because thats what he turned himself into to become a HB at such a young age, he is unlike the other HB's who are more well rounded as individuals. Its one of the reasons why she reacted so quickly to his cutting off the arm, you can't have a weapon like him damage whoever he wants to.
Source here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=80070&page=5
Old 2009-04-10, 09:26   Link #151
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
i really want to see volume 12 animated since that seems like where ---- hits the fan concerning layfon. i only hope after CSR ends that we will get a second season down the line. but it's hard to say where they'll stop the anime at this point. if they burn through the novel material like crazy 2 months later, then yeah.. there goes our hope

maybe they'll stop at volume 7 or 8?
If continue so, probably is until volume 7 surely not more of it, but if they add filler as for the 11 epi or increase the lenght of the story for one vol. (usually is 3-4 epi), we've the normal novel anime of 6 volume story (and they've already enough stuff for the next season, 7-12 vol)
Old 2009-04-11, 11:50   Link #152
ipernorris

I have a nice question: if Layfon is living in an orphanage it means he's an orphan as well... so how can they know his bloodline if he's an orphan, which means his origins are unknown by definition?
Old 2009-04-11, 16:35   Link #153
Archmagination2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I have a nice question: if Layfon is living in an orphanage it means he's an orphan as well... so how can they know his bloodline if he's an orphan, which means his origins are unknown by definition?
Bloodline=Skill. It has nothing to do with being an orphan.
Old 2009-04-11, 16:40   Link #154
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
I think he meant like: how the hell do they know that Layfon has psyharden bloodline if he was an orphan...(without parents so no one should know about his bloodline)
Old 2009-04-11, 18:20   Link #155
Archmagination2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I think he meant like: how the hell do they know that Layfon has psyharden bloodline if he was an orphan...(without parents so no one should know about his bloodline)
Sigh.. looks like I have to explain better.

Like I said earlier Bloodline=Skill, it doesn't actually mean that Layfon is a descendent of the Psyhardens family. That is the reason why the queen ordered Leerin's father to continue passing on the Psyharden skills to his students. I think once you reach a certain mastery in Psyharden techniques you become part of the Psyharden Bloodline.

Example: Layfon teaches Nina the Psyharden skills. That means that Nina is now part of the Psyharden Bloodline because she now has Psyharden skills.

For instance they talked about how one of his former pupils became an excellent Psyharden(the mercenary leader), but was now dead and now there was one less person to pass on the Psyharden bloodline.

FYI: Chrome Shelled Regios is being translated by Baka Tsuki now, Chapter 1 now available.

Last edited by Archmagination2002; 2009-04-11 at 19:18. Reason: Baka Tsuki
Old 2009-04-11, 18:23   Link #156
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Btw did Layfon ever get adopted? just wondering.

Also is Leerinīs father or so he called himself is he her real father or did he adopted her?
Old 2009-04-13, 02:47   Link #157
ipernorris

Quote:
Bloodline = skill my ass.
Bloodline is something you inherit because of your origins, because of something you have in your BLOOD. A good example of a bloodline power is shown in Naruto, with the Byakugan and the Sharingan.

Quote:
Sigh.. looks like I have to explain better.
Don't dare to sigh on people, because you don't even know what you're talking about:
Quote:
Heredity is the passing of traits to offspring (from its parent or ancestors). This is the process by which an offspring cell or organism acquires or becomes predisposed to the characteristics of its parent cell or organism. Through heredity, variations exhibited by individuals can accumulate and cause a species to evolve. The study of heredity in biology is called genetics, which includes the field of epigenetics.
Go here and make a culture about what a bloodline trait is.
Old 2009-04-13, 03:49   Link #158
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Btw did Layfon ever get adopted? just wondering.

Also is Leerinīs father or so he called himself is he her real father or did he adopted her?
Nope he doesn't. He was still living in the orphanage by the time he got banned from Grendan.

As for Leerin, she is also adopted (I think). I'm not sure of this, but I remember something the oji-san doesn't have children. Skipped that part accidentally and I'm in another fandom now, so can't check.

Quote:
Bloodline = skill my ass.
Bloodline is something you inherit because of your origins, because of something you have in your BLOOD. A good example of a bloodline power is shown in Naruto, with the Byakugan and the Sharingan.

Go here and make a culture about what a bloodline trait is.
archimagination has already explained the meaning of what Bloodline=Skill in Regios. Read it back. If you still don't understand...

It doesn't mean to become one of Psyharden's bloodline, one would have to be Psyharden's family legit children/successor. When they have mastered the sufficient skills, they become included in Psyharden's bloodline.

Psyharden's skill can be taught AND mastered by anyone who is powerful and skilled enough. It's not really in the meaning of " bloodline trait" if you get what I mean... Unless "bloodline" in your question before meant the trait of a bloodline, in which it's not exactly right too :/

Old 2009-04-13, 04:12   Link #159
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Psyharden's skill can be taught AND mastered by anyone who is powerful and skilled enough. It's not really in the meaning of " bloodline trait" if you get what I mean... Unless "bloodline" in your question before meant the trait of a bloodline, in which it's not exactly right too :/
The word bloodline indicates something which is inherited from your own ancestors, something that's there because of your lineage. Something that's thought isn't a bloodline, that's a skill you learn through training, nothing more.
There is no "word meaning in Regios": it's ludicrous to see people grasping on mirrors just to defend their wrong opinion!
BTW it may be a translation error, but if it isn't then Layfon's origins aren't so unknown as one would assume them to be.
Old 2009-04-13, 04:20   Link #160
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
The word bloodline indicates something which is inherited from your own ancestors, something that's there because of your lineage. Something that's thought isn't a bloodline, that's a skill you learn through training, nothing more.
There is no "word meaning in Regios": it's ludicrous to see people grasping on mirrors just to defend their wrong opinion!
BTW it may be a translation error, but if it isn't then Layfon's origins aren't so unknown as one would assume them to be.
Heh, I wouldn't say that. There is actually a definition of bloodline in dictionary that says this:

a set of ancestors or line of descent of a person.

This is what both archimagination and I meant when we see your question.

As for word meaning in Regios part, I will admit it is me and my brain fault for saying Regios rather than Japanese XD Blame me for being a failure, but the meaning of that word in the novel is something like the meaning I have given to you, due to Japanese vocabulary limitation.

Closed Thread