AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-12-25, 22:08   Link #721
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

For reference, Mikoto once said (in Vol16) the supermarkets in Academy City uses a more high tech computer system sorting through their stock than anything the military networks outside of Academy City have access to. That's how much of a difference between technology there is; even without the Vol20 bit where the AC airforce was pwning the Russian airforce without taking a single loss, and AC planes even have laser weaponry on most of their planes (from what I know military lasers in Real Life is non-existent right?).

Erm... That's not completely false either... Airborne Laser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Talking about the crossovers discussion we had a while back... I forgot I was following a Index/MGS (yes you read that right, METAL GEAR SOLID!) crossover some time ago, and only now did I remember to check on it.

Set three years into the future of the current Academy City, Misaka Mikoto has gone missing and there are a few terrorists-suspected attacks, in which later it was discovered they are all actually targetting Touma because he is a former member of "The Organization," something which Snake (who was assigned to be Touma's bodyguard) was also an ex-member of. And after three years gone... it seems that Mikoto's status was not "Dead" as reported all along...

... Possibly the most... uh, "awesome" in my own words, crossover I have stumbled upon so far.
I find that people are too restricted by the idea that a toaru story must involve either Touma or Mikoto... When it comes to stuff like the military isn't it more obvious that Tsuchimikado or Accelerator is more suited to lead these stories?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 22:35   Link #722
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I find that people are too restricted by the idea that a toaru story must involve either Touma or Mikoto... When it comes to stuff like the military isn't it more obvious that Tsuchimikado or Accelerator is more suited to lead these stories?
Not really, the plot so far is interesting anyway, so why not?

In the plotline, the terrorist attacks in AC have gotten serious to the point that Judgement and Anti-Skill have to make joint operations in making sure things does not go haywire. (That's the way I interpret the plot though. I might be wrong, but yeah.)

That and the writers seem to favor Touma and Mikoto a lot. To be fair, though, this kind of fanfic is very rare due to the abundance of KaMikoto fics (which is, to say "a lot" is an understatement). Looks like fans really love that pairing very, very much I'm getting the feeling it's way overrated. (Heck, there's even a specific tag for that pairing in Pixiv, and that's the only pairing that ever had their own tag in the whole series!)

Oh, by the way, we have LOTS of Sniper Wolves. It's... the goddamn Sisters...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 22:41   Link #723
Miraluka
Banned

@Soul Assassin: They're just pwns for you, eh?

I would like to to write a fanfic but "me" writing a fic can end in:
A) Tragic story with bitter-sweer ending.
B) Annihilation at 85%, sometimes with nonsense scarifices.
C) Incomplete story because of RL issues.

I really want to do so, but by the time being I will keep drawing...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 22:57   Link #724
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
@Soul Assassin: They're just pwns for you, eh?

I would like to to write a fanfic but "me" writing a fic can end in:
A) Tragic story with bitter-sweer ending.
B) Annihilation at 85%, sometimes with nonsense scarifices.
C) Incomplete story because of RL issues.

I really want to do so, but by the time being I will keep drawing...
What do you mean by that?

You, about writing fanfics? Good. Then if I were to entrust you giving the girls in Touma's harem some shock and awe by a psychological nuke caused by Touma's death then surely it won't be a problem for you, eh?

Old 2010-12-26, 03:53   Link #725
outerelf

Quote:
(Heck, there's even a specific tag for that pairing in Pixiv, and that's the only pairing that ever had their own tag in the whole series!)
...*cough* there is a Tsuchimikado/Touma pairing tag. They're very own. I'm now in the process of trying to write it.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 04:40   Link #726
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
...*cough* there is a Tsuchimikado/Touma pairing tag. They're very own. I'm now in the process of trying to write it.
Oh yeah, there's that as well.

... It's all Daihaseisai's fault.

... No, to be exact, it's Oriana's fault. Could she be a goddamn closet fujoshi!?

Old 2010-12-26, 13:05   Link #727
Ashaman

Alright guys. Brace yourselves (Well, Soul will already be familiar with this, but someone has done one in english) We all knew one would appear eventually, it was only a matter of time.

Is not that well written, she falls to the disease too quickly for my tastes, but what the hell.

I present to you Kuroko no Touma-sama

And is it scary that I could see Kuroko actually doing that thing at the end.... Yes, yes it is.
Old 2010-12-26, 15:03   Link #728
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
What do you mean by that?

You, about writing fanfics? Good. Then if I were to entrust you giving the girls in Touma's harem some shock and awe by a psychological nuke caused by Touma's death then surely it won't be a problem for you, eh?
Is more like:
Spoiler for I did a story a years ago with this kind of storyline:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 17:48   Link #729
bizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Alright guys. Brace yourselves (Well, Soul will already be familiar with this, but someone has done one in english) We all knew one would appear eventually, it was only a matter of time.

Is not that well written, she falls to the disease too quickly for my tastes, but what the hell.

And is it scary that I could see Kuroko actually doing that thing at the end.... Yes, yes it is.
Aogami... that was nice 8)
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 23:20   Link #730
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:

THANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! !!!!

Y'know, there's just so much of Touma/Kuroko in other languages than English (especially Japanese). And to finally see one in English... THANK YOU DAMN IT!!!

Old 2010-12-27, 01:00   Link #731
mark1246

All the fanfiction i read online about To Aru majutsu no index are all great and I'm proud to be a fan of the series!!

Now I'm wondering if there someone if they can do a Fanfic crossover between Index series and Katekyo hitman reborn! That would be very amazing, really. A fight between our favorite vongola member and the kamijou faction ex. TOUMA vs. Tsuna both misfortunate boy fight each other,

Or something more sinister within the plot!!! that would be a nice cross over fanfic if someone has the time to do it. If they do thank you and I'll be waiting for that story to be made.

Last edited by mark1246; 2010-12-27 at 01:05. Reason: grammer error
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 03:29   Link #732
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Is more like:
Spoiler for I did a story a years ago with this kind of storyline:
Hmmmm interesting. coughWinterSonataRipOffcough!
Old 2010-12-27, 07:30   Link #733
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Chaos just updated his Christmas fanfic, good job as always mate.

... Oh? Didn't know Accelerator and Frogface Doc are both into House (you know, that caned doctor). I guess I know why...

Old 2010-12-27, 07:34   Link #734
Zakoo

I laughed haha ... One to save the one and the other for nurse fetish haha.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 08:42   Link #735
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...And I'm done That was a crazy ending, I had to hardest time trying to come up with a suitable 'effective' scene for both Mikoto and Index, I hope it didn't come across as too predictable But I had the most fun writing Gunha and the follow up 'credit scenes' with the entire cast of Toaru both in Academy City and around the world with the song [Irony] playing in the background

@Soul Assassin

Well, I got that idea after watching... Well, [House] I figure doctors would watch medical series, it doesn't have to be just House, I had planned for him to watch [Scrubs] as well Heaven Canceller watches House for the medicine while Accelerator watches House for House
Old 2010-12-27, 08:51   Link #736
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

But yeah. The "humor" somehow turned into something I'd really de-tag your fic from "Humor" near the end. A good end nevertheless, but the events before the end isn't something I'd consider funny

Old 2010-12-27, 09:00   Link #737
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But yeah. The "humor" somehow turned into something I'd really de-tag your fic from "Humor" near the end. A good end nevertheless, but the events before the end isn't something I'd consider funny
...Is that a good thing or a bad thing ?
Old 2010-12-27, 09:38   Link #738
Ashaman

For some reason, I now want Accelerator to become a doctor.....

Frankly, for him this entirely possible. Sure, he would be a jerkass doctor with a cynical side greater than House, but other than that.... Damn, now I really want this to happen.

The hints that HC has a past as dak as Accel only make it all the more delicious
Old 2010-12-27, 10:09   Link #739
mark1246

did no one read my comment earlier? it a the middle top
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 10:14   Link #740
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
did no one read my comment earlier? it a the middle top
I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with Hitman Reborn series sorry

Though if it's crossovers, I can suggest some other series that would merge smoothly... Academy City is a wonderful place that allows that kind of possibility.

Quote:
For some reason, I now want Accelerator to become a doctor.....

Frankly, for him this entirely possible. Sure, he would be a jerkass doctor with a cynical side greater than House, but other than that.... Damn, now I really want this to happen.

The hints that HC has a past as dak as Accel only make it all the more delicious
Given his skill, knowledge and power, Accelerator would be an incredible doctor.

btw I'm surprised, is that Accelerator scene really the most prominent one of the chapter ?

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction