4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-16, 18:28   Link #101
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Nisemonogatari got licensed by Aniplex though.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 19:05   Link #102
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Yes, but I'm looking at the bright side of it, which is that she's able to escape from it.
... on her own, which makes it more interesting to understand how; and unlike Hitagi who needs spirits and masochistic vampires

Anyway, jokes aside, both are interesting, but for different reasons, and the same is true for all the members of the cast while the writers reveals bit by bit their background, way of thinking, choices, etc.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 19:57   Link #103
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
... on her own, which makes it more interesting to understand how; and unlike Hitagi who needs spirits and masochistic vampires

Anyway, jokes aside, both are interesting, but for different reasons, and the same is true for all the members of the cast while the writers reveals bit by bit their background, way of thinking, choices, etc.
This just reminded me of the Thor movie. In that film, both Thor and Loki had the same problem. They both feel like war and genocide of their enemies, the frost giants, was a good idea.

Thor was heavily reprimanded, and realised he was wrong and in the end, become a better person. However, Loki who had the same character flaws, ended up not being given the same lesson because he was too clever. Loki managed to hide his personal flaws so it was never corrected until it was too late, and he ended up becoming the villain.

Hanekawa was too clever. She was able to hide her pain and suffering from others so well, that no one realised she needed help. It's not that help wasn't available, it's just that no one knew she needed any. And even after the first cat incident, Araragi still didn't realise that she is still not cured. Defeating the cat only stopped the symptom, not the cause.
Old 2012-02-16, 20:21   Link #104
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post

Still like her braless pajama'd counterpart better though....
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 21:42   Link #105
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Nise has already been licensed by Aniplex USA.
Oh? I didn't know. That isn't too bad. Madoka's book is pretty good with the interviews so them explaining stuff is possible.

Are they doing Bake too?
Old 2012-02-16, 21:59   Link #106
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Bake's still in the process, I'm guessing. Dx
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 23:03   Link #107
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, i wont say who is better for Araragi.
It is just fact that Hitagi seizes her chance and Hanekawa is not despite Hanekawa know him much longer than Hitagi.

In love, it is the one who seize the chance is winning, not who is more suitable with his/her soulmate...

And i think Hitagi is doing a very good job in motivating Araragi. This summer vacation tutors wont happen if Hitagi doesnt motivate Araragi to study...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 00:08   Link #108
Malkuth
Banned

@Vallen Chaos Valiant: I haven't watched the movie, but it is interesting to compare Tsubasa with Loki, given how mischievous and referential her humor is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Still like her braless pajama'd counterpart better though....
Indeed when she was chained in the rooftop... but Kizu has a couple more preferable moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Well, i wont say who is better for Araragi.
It is just fact that Hitagi seizes her chance and Hanekawa is not despite Hanekawa know him much longer than Hitagi.

In love, it is the one who seize the chance is winning, not who is more suitable with his/her soulmate...

And i think Hitagi is doing a very good job in motivating Araragi. This summer vacation tutors wont happen if Hitagi doesnt motivate Araragi to study...
I think that the way Koyomi is, Hitagi makes a better match. Tsubasa is and probably will be way too much to handle beyond friendship and even that is tedious at moments, should they have a long and complicated history together, I doubt they would have continued even as friends.
Old 2012-02-17, 02:03   Link #109
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Am I the only one who loves every character in this show? Because isn't the existence of Araragi's girlfriend: Senjougahara, making Araragi's interactions with Tsubasa/Nadeko (the other two main love rival) much more interesting? And vice versa?
....and the potential relationship of Hitagi and Tsubasa(-sama)....? this world surely isn't ready for it yet

Maybe because my favorite character of the show lie on Araragi's 'true love' -Mayoi Hachikuji. You rarely see such well-developed kid who's so mature and witty,while still manage her interaction with Araragi strong and innocent. I don't think i can maintain the same level of enjoyment if they takes out this wandering ghost...

And the fire sisters have boyfriends? Damn, what's a waste. Would prefer them to be typical innocent fun-loving middle-school girls,or at worst, simply have soft-spot for bro-con. But then i guess there's a reason for this set-up
Old 2012-02-17, 02:08   Link #110
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Am I the only one who loves every character in this show? Because isn't the existence of Araragi's girlfriend: Senjougahara, making Araragi's interactions with Tsubasa/Nadeko (the other two main love rival) much more interesting? And vice versa?
....and the potential relationship of Hitagi and Tsubasa(-sama)....? this world surely isn't ready for it yet

Maybe because my favorite character of the show lie on Araragi's 'true love' -Mayoi Hachikuji. You rarely see such well-developed kid who's so mature and witty,while still manage her interaction with Araragi strong and innocent. I don't think i can maintain the same level of enjoyment if they takes out this wandering ghost...

And the fire sisters have boyfriends? Damn, what's a waste. Would prefer them to be typical innocent fun-loving middle-school girls,or at worst, simply have soft-spot for bro-con. But then i guess there's a reason for this set-up
I like every character except Kaiki, that bastard.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 03:09   Link #111
Clarste
Human

I like Kaiki. He's a principled man. Even if you find his principles disgusting.

I think Sengoku is kind of boring.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 03:35   Link #112
Malkuth
Banned

I also like Kaiki, in the same way I like Hitagi, they unbalance things and create conflict... good for making the story more interesting, but still not so likeable as characters... hm, add Shinobou to those two, her mannerism though is adorable, especially in her 27 years old version
Old 2012-02-18, 08:52   Link #113
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Kaiki isn't my favourite character, but I like his dialogue with Karen that he does not like to be punched and also don't like to be kicked. Then he steal her money.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote