Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-15, 19:12   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I really hope this manga just keeps going. I don't care that it's a foregone conclusion with another series about their future, I want to see these two as high school students and witness Nishikata finally ask Takagi to be his girlfriend. Not to mention their first kiss. I want all those scenes. But I don't want the teasing to stop. Just slip it in from time to time as time goes by and they slowly grow up.
No worries about the teasing ever stopping going by the spin-off (or is it considered a sequel?). Takagi will never get enough of Nishikata's amusing and cute reactions. I'm afraid it's going to be one of those series where the story ends right after the confession though.
Old 2022-01-15, 19:46   Link #22
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I know it won't stop, I just want the author to keep things going well and cute long enough to give me all those scenes without just smashing them together in some sort of finale. I want to see her teasing him straight to their senior year, and him struggling to work up the courage to actually make their relationship progress.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 19:54   Link #23
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And anime rarely tries it
Yeah, I wonder why
The good thing is that this is the 3rd season, so even if you kill off the weird viewers starting at season 3, you still got the people that have been following the anime from before. Even Kenja no Deshi isn't so stupid they would do two episodes in a row so badly. Well, the episode 2 of that hasn't aired, but probably.

Quote:
Silent comedy has a long and glorious history in animation and beyond
If you want to make Tom and Jerry, here is a good place to do it

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2022-01-15 at 20:07.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 21:41   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well so far this season is massively outpacing the first two in the aggregator ratings, so more viewers are apparently being drawn in than killed off.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 23:13   Link #25
Frontier

Quote:
I can't believe the reaction to the silent chapter (which is right out of the manga except the Mina part at the end, BTW) was so negative. Silent comedy has a long and glorious history in animation and beyond. And anime rarely tries it - the Mitsudomoe oilcan sequence being the best I can remember. I say bravo to the anime - which is doing everything right AFAIC - for adapting that chapter as-is.
I was thinking to myself that it is very rare to see this kind of execution in an anime...let alone manga (how many established/popular manga have all-silent chapters?).
Old 2022-01-15, 23:27   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I was thinking to myself that it is very rare to see this kind of execution in an anime...let alone manga (how many established/popular manga have all-silent chapters?).
I would guess even less than anime, by percentage.
Old 2022-01-16, 01:11   Link #27
BWTraveller
Born to ship

All I know is Joshi Kausei and one chapter of Negima.
Old 2022-01-16, 08:17   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Well so far this season is massively outpacing the first two in the aggregator ratings, so more viewers are apparently being drawn in than killed off.
That's normal. The viewers who are watching the third season are those who liked the first two, so naturally they automatically rate it high. Compare the number of viewers between season 1 and 3 and you'll see a big drop.

On MAL: 223k viewers for season 1, 129k for season 2, and... 7k for season 3.
Old 2022-01-16, 11:55   Link #29
SidVicious
Anime addict

That was a nice Judy and Mary cover.
Old 2022-01-16, 21:24   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I do recall seeing a few, though I don't recall what anime specifically.
Now, if there was any anime that started the season with dream filler and then proceeded to immediately go into a silent sequence the next episode... Probably none.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2022-01-16, 23:40   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
No matter the history of silent media...I'm going to hope they don't bother doing that again. Silent Films were great...and then they figured out how to get sound into them . Not as if anime is the only medium not doing that regularly in the 2020s.

The blame can absolutely go on the source material though. Since their only choices were to skip those parts or write in dialogue.

Just a really awkward start to this season. You got dream sequences, silent sequences, and who knows what they'll try for episode 3. Season 2 was a pretty solid improvement over the first season. Season 3 has been a bit shaky. But it should still balance out since character arcs should still continue forward.
Old 2022-01-17, 02:12   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Couldn’t disagree more, but that’s why this is such a subjective enterprise. Opinions are like snowflakes…
Old 2022-01-17, 10:44   Link #33
Frontier

I guess, for me, they were more "creative" segments than we're used to but I think they show more of Nishikata and Takagi's headspaces regarding each other, especially at this point in their relationship, and also partially explains why Takagi is always one-step ahead of Nishikata .
Old 2022-01-17, 19:33   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I guess, for me, they were more "creative" segments than we're used to but I think they show more of Nishikata and Takagi's headspaces regarding each other, especially at this point in their relationship, and also partially explains why Takagi is always one-step ahead of Nishikata .
Takagi isn't just the teasing master. She's a master stalker, too.
Old 2022-01-21, 12:56   Link #35
Frontier

Nishikata and Takagi are feeling the heat, and Nishikata just happened to bring a fan to cool down, but of course Takagi finds a way to get him into a challenge so she can get fanned too...and poor Nishikata didn't realize she never specified how they could use the fan to move the eraser .

Of course it was just an excuse for Takagi to get nice and cozy with Nishikata while he fans her like the teasing queen she is .

Yeah, the amount of time that Takagi watches Nishikata, it's no surprise she knows everything about him, from the manga he's into, to even when a TV special he wants to watch is on. And she wants to have fun and enjoy with him the things he likes, because she likes him .

Nishikata's baseball fantasy was great, especially Takagi in a baseball uniform, the girls as cheerleaders, and Rie Takahashi saying baseball terms and "Whamo" .

The schoolgirl trio happen upon a cat stuck in-between two buildings, but it only gets more complicated from there, with Yukari getting stuck, Sanae snarking, it starting to rain, and then the cast just bails on them. Poor Mina .

Nishikata is desperate to get home for his special anime crossover, but his concern for Takagi wins out and he goes back to make sure she has an umbrella or to offer his own so they can get home safely from the rain. And you can tell how much it means to her that he did that for her, with no prodding on her part, and that big grin in the final illustration says everything about how happy it made her .
Old 2022-01-21, 19:30   Link #36
grecefar

the baseball fantasy was really fun and that WHAMO of takagi was so cute.

and the rain chapter was really cute, takagi has nishikata well trained, with this now she knows that she can always forget her umbrella and always share with him.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-21, 19:38   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

By far the best episode of the season. Of the series, even. It feels like there was some progression here, with Nishikata not only overcoming his embarrassment but also being willing to miss the once in a lifetime cross-over between two of his favorite series just to prevent Takagi from getting wet. Now, I could make a bad joke here but I won't. Takagi was of course delighted, but still couldn't help teasing him.
Old 2022-01-21, 22:22   Link #38
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Don't think he noticed, but he managed to get a legitimate blush on her face when he invited her under his umbrella.
Old 2022-01-21, 23:39   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok, took a few episodes but things got rolling.

Good stuff for sure. The way Takagi was going to win the fan showdown was obvious. But we're talking about Nishikata. Of course he thought about moving it with the air instead of just smacking the thing with the fan. Would have made for a hilarious competition as well to just flip the eraser onto the fan and just carry it around . But Takagi definitely didn't need to do anything fancy to win. And of course she takes full advantage of the situation to both cool down..and basically just to flirt a bit.

Pretty status quo for Nishikata to just miss the obvious really . Just like later in the episode with missing why there was something by his desk he could use as a pretend baseball. Guy gets carried away. But that's what makes him who he is.

The last one was a highlight though. Mostly since it just shows Nishikata's strengths. Well maybe not his strengths, but his good qualities. Still ended up going back to check on Takagi. It wouldn't have been unreasonable to presume she'd have one. But while she does have a firm understanding of Nishikata, that doesn't mean she's flawless. Can get careless when it comes to herself at times.

And yeah she does know when to ease up. May not always have the ability to make herself ease up though . And she's never going to lose that side of herself. But when truly thankful she can take it a bit easy. Especially in a case like this where she'd have been stuck without him going out of his way.
Old 2022-01-22, 00:45   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3: