AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 21.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 16.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 46 25.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 35 19.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 9.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.37%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-14, 09:04   Link #161
Scorpiodestructio

im sry but i want to watch it to where can i see the subbed version or had it been removed from animesuki ??
Old 2009-08-14, 09:08   Link #162
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
There are definite quality differences between season 1 and...what ever it is we're getting now.

Say what you want about Season 1 having animation cluster fucks, but none of them were this blatantly noticeable to me.
The right pic is S2? That one looks better, rather more stylish.
Old 2009-08-14, 09:10   Link #163
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

Quote:
And I personally think the fact that people are even debating as to whether that "scene" would be removed is silly. The scene was way too important for Haruhi's character development for it not to be included. Easily one of the most important scenes in Sighs.
and what scene would that be?i need to refresh my memory a bit

also after seeing 10(3) episodes' ending, i kinda miss Hare Hare Yukai
Old 2009-08-14, 09:17   Link #164
joshualimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsla View Post
Couldn't agree more.

Too bad we won't get Disappearance before all 28 episodes are up. :~(

Wonder if we'll have to wait another 3 years before we get Disappearance...

Btw, Sighs is my 2nd favourite arc, right behind Disappearance. For me, it's the one arc which shows how Haruhi's powers are really affecting the world, and how horrible her attitude can get.

But still, ... I WANT DISAPPEARANCE!!!! sniff sniff...
Old 2009-08-14, 09:34   Link #165
Peanutbutter

What were the words on their headbands?

Anyone can help?
Old 2009-08-14, 09:43   Link #166
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsla View Post
The right pic. The one where Haruhi's body proportionality is magically transformed into that of a 4 year old. You think that is more...stylish?

cool story bro.
Old 2009-08-14, 09:45   Link #167
OkamiNoKaze

Saw it. Really liked it. I've always been one to watch the special features on DVDs so to see the story behind how they made the movie is pretty cool. Ah that'd be a cool special feature for that volume of the DVD, "The Making of the Making of the Adventures of Mikuru Asahina" And yes that line up at the race did give me a Ranma vibe. I've got it, I've got it. Haruhi is Nabiki's daughter it explains everything. As far as the art goes, it had it's off moments, but I seem to remember reading something that dates as far back as making Disappearence that there was going to be a change in the art style. Mikuru and Yuki doesn't seem so bad in that style, Haruhi is the only one a bit off. I also like Yuki's leg of the Relay too that was awesome. and Haruhi's manical evil genius pose there. I suppose some one will shop it with like the earth in her hand or something. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the end of the episode was a bit abrupt. I'll probably catch more things on A.F.K version when that comes out.
Old 2009-08-14, 09:55   Link #168
TakariCritic

I gave this episode below average. the Animation has just gotten so much worse. I loved the season one style, so I'm sure there's a bias, but still.... the horrible hands, poorly drawn facial expressions, still frames with only moving mouths, static backrounds...

S1 felt alive, this feels dull and boring.
Old 2009-08-14, 10:28   Link #169
baltakatei

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
I gave this episode below average. the Animation has just gotten so much worse. I loved the season one style, so I'm sure there's a bias, but still.... the horrible hands, poorly drawn facial expressions, still frames with only moving mouths, static backrounds...

S1 felt alive, this feels dull and boring.
My guess is that it's to save up animation hours a few minutes of epic moneyshot in 2 or 3 episodes at the conclusion of Sighs.

I'm just glad that we're moving on to unanimated plot.
Old 2009-08-14, 10:58   Link #170
OkamiNoKaze

Sometimes I have a feeling people watch these shows in slow motion just to catch all the flaws and flubs.
Old 2009-08-14, 12:01   Link #171
ReneeBurossamu

Wow, I didn't say anything about the new art here because I thought people would say that I'm "following the trend" here. But I'm not gonna lie. Compared to what we got in season one, it's not good. At all.

It was better than BLR, but I'm still not fully enjoying the rounder curves of the faces and whatever else changed.
Old 2009-08-14, 12:04   Link #172
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:

Yeah, how are you so sure?
Old 2009-08-14, 12:08   Link #173
suguru
京都 ikitai~

It was good to see something new this week, but somehow the episode just fell flat for me - it wasn't bad, it just didn't reel me in either, and I found myself looking at the clock halfway through. Haruhi being Haruhi and Kyon's commentary are the heart of the show, and we had plenty of that in this episode, but it just didn't click for me the way the first season did. I remember reading Sighs I thought it was a little boring compared to the first novel too, and didn't enjoy it as much as Disappearance, Snowy Mountain Syndrome, and some of the other stories, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised the anime version of Sighs doesn't have me hooked either. Lots of moe facial expressions from Haruhi this ep, though - I'll give them credit that she has a great smile, although I can understand why Kyon would dread her smiling...
Old 2009-08-14, 12:11   Link #174
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualimm View Post
Sighs is my 2nd favourite arc, right behind Disappearance. For me, it's the one arc which shows how Haruhi's powers are really affecting the world, and how horrible her attitude can get.
You are probably the only person who holds Sigh that highly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Quote:

Yeah, how are you so sure?
Disappearance can't be done in three episodes.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-14, 12:12   Link #175
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 20 article is up:

[RIUVA] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 20: Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki I

This feels pretty much like a set-up episode; there isn't much going on for now. 7/10.
Old 2009-08-14, 12:41   Link #176
Isekaijin

It's just me or the animation quality is nowhere near the first season?
Old 2009-08-14, 12:58   Link #177
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Thumbs up

Ok, I finally got a hold of the Mazui subs this morning at work. (I know, I have the worst work ethic. But you're not my boss.) Then when I got on to AS, somebody listed it as 2009 Episode 9, not 10. I fixed that.

Anyway, I think I liked this episode too much because it isn't Endless Eight. This is apperently the bandwagon here. The animation was decent I thought, and some art bothered me (I blame this on reading the thread before the episode). But I probably don't watch nearly enough new anime to make comparisons about art and animation. That's probably why I don't really focus on that. "Moeblobs" are still adorable.

I'm glad that I haven't read the novels (besides spoiling myself for E8, and teasing myself with a bit of Disappearance), because I probably wouldn't have found this as enjoyable. Having seen The Adventure of Mikuru Asahina Ep. 00, I catch myself smiling at the fact as how Haruhi's plot is slowly falling together.

There was also a cliffhanger in this episode, when Mikuru says "But..." and then it goes RIGHT into the credits.

tl;dr

I like where this is going.
Old 2009-08-14, 12:59   Link #178
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Is it just me or people don't know the difference between animation quality and art quality?

Anyway, I'm sure more than one people cringed at the sight of the frog custom.
Old 2009-08-14, 13:04   Link #179
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Is it just me or people don't know the difference between animation quality and art quality?
I lump them together since I'm more interested in plot and character development, but I know the difference.
Old 2009-08-14, 13:05   Link #180
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Personally I'm normally more insterested in those two aspects as well, but I think it's important to make the difference. For example, have you ever seen Noein? (for an example of a series with horrid art and excellent animation).
Closed Thread