Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-18, 21:32   Link #1081
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I thought I was the only one who notice that. I am more concern with the games than the policies and apps they are discussing now.
Then you shouldn't watch the keynote event, really. Better wait for the stage event.
Old 2013-09-18, 21:33   Link #1082
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What time is the stage events?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 22:55   Link #1083
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What time is the stage events?
Schedule.
Old 2013-09-18, 23:54   Link #1084
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Video Capture over HDMI on PS4 confirmed
Old 2013-09-19, 02:12   Link #1085
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

TGS: Sony Aiming to Sell 5 Million PS4s by March 2014

Quote:
"We can pre-sell every unit we can manufacture, and the good news is that production yields have been phenomenal," said Tretton. "We're going to work very hard to make sure that every consumer that wants one gets one."
Old 2013-09-19, 20:28   Link #1086
4Tran

Quote:
If this figure is realistic, and it certainly seems likely, then it represents one of the largest console launches ever. Microsoft is already playing down the impact of the launch, which means that they think that PS4 numbers look very good. I also think that they're already conceding the first year to Sony.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/09/...ox-one-demand/

Quote:
Now you want to turn pre-orders into actual sales. I actually think this generation – and the fact that it’s head-to-head competition this holiday – is probably going to play out more next holiday and beyond. We’ve been fortunate enough to have built a franchise around Xbox that has millions of fans worldwide. This holiday, I think you have a lot of people lining up, because they’re fans of the franchises and the platform, but over a two- or three-year period, you start to get some of those swing consumers making decisions. I would take a longer term view.
Old 2013-09-19, 20:38   Link #1087
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lily Bergamo protagonist named Tae Ioroi

Quote:
During a stage event at the Tokyo Game Show yesterday, designer Yusuke Kozaki said it is a name that in the design concept of the character he “wanted to motivate the current generation and people of [his] generation.”

Lily Bergamo is set in the near future of 2043. But at the present time, Grasshopper can only share the time period, as the place is still secret. From the trailer you may have noticed that the world feels Japanese. But you might also feel that “it might be American or European” as well, Grasshopper boss Goichi Suda noted.
Quote:
PlayStation 4 is the platform of choice for Lily Bergamo. According to Morishita, Grasshopper “wants to make the most out of the strengths of online play, and the idea of using smartphones to play has been a big deal.”

The goal is for players to be able to completely rely on their smartphones to play, and to be able to enjoy the same world, but from a different cut.

Suda also has faith in this functionality. “There will be people who play with PlayStation 4, and there will be people who play with their smartphones,” he said. Suda hopes that people will keep their expectations up for the future announcements.
Old 2013-09-20, 08:12   Link #1088
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yakuza: Ishin: Another Life, Cross Play, and more revealed:

Live the quiet country life with the mysterious girl Haru.

Quote:
Another Life

Live the quiet, country life at Ryoma Sakamoto’s secondary residence with the mysterious girl Haru in this game mode. Grow vegetables, raise pets, cook, and do otherr thins that you wouldn’t be able to do living the stressful life of the Shinsengummi. As your relationship with haru grows deeper, various special events may be unlocked.

Quote:
Meeting Haru - Haru’s parents were killed in an accident and in order to repay their enormous debt it seems she must sell her precious home. For the sake of the poor girl lost on the road, Ryoma shoulders her debt and takes her into his secondary home where they live together. Set in the countryside, here starts Ryoma’s “other life.”

Growing Vegetables - You can grow a variety of vegetables in Ryoma’s garden. Take into consideration the many ways to grow plants in the field and find the best way to do it. Vegetables will take time to grow but using fertilizer and other items you can speed up the process.

Cooking - Use the vegetables you dig up and fish you catch to cook at Ryoma’s home. You can make food and then eat it on the spot, or pack a lunch box to carry with you. By cooking delicious food not only will you be able to recover health, but you’ll also find helpful status effects during battle.

Peddling - Use the vegetables you grow and the fish you catch to sell and deliver to customers and earn loans. Haru will take orders to the customers and when she returns she’ll give you the earnings. If you make rare vegetables and other foods, you can earn even more.

Pets - You can take home stray dogs and cats that you find in the town. You can give any name you want to your cats and dogs. If you feed them and pet them you’ll find them trying to communicate with you in their own way. You may even find some rare items if you get them in the right mood.
Old 2013-09-20, 08:16   Link #1089
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Is Another Life a Japan's exclusive? Looks weird for a game, but it could be entertaining.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 09:12   Link #1090
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Is Another Life a Japan's exclusive? Looks weird for a game, but it could be entertaining.
It's a game mode, not a separate game.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 09:18   Link #1091
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It's a game mode, not a separate game.
Thank you, rereadind it, It is from Yakuza so technically a Japan's exclusive.
Old 2013-09-20, 16:12   Link #1092
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tomorrow is a big one, from Sony alone:

10:50 to 11:10 – Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4, SCE)
11:30 to 11:50 – Deep Down (PS4, Capcom)
12:30 to 13:00 – Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4, Konami)
13:30 to 13:50 – Knack (PS4, SCE)
14:10 to 14:30 – Watch Dogs (PS4, Ubisoft)
15:10 to 15:30 – Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost (PS3, Namco Bandai)
15:50 to 16:10 – Soul Sacrifice Delta (PS Vita, SCE)

There's also a God Eater 2 pre stage special at 12:00 to 12:45, and Lily Bergamo Special Stage at 13:00
Old 2013-09-20, 22:18   Link #1093
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Deep Down Free to Play.

Internet loses it's shitz.
Old 2013-09-20, 22:36   Link #1094
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Deep Down Free to Play.

Internet loses it's shitz.
Good for us. The game is a hybrid of dark souls and the Elder Scrolls. I am not complaining one bet, though am surprise Capcom didn't try to make money out of it.

All in all, its bad news for Xbox 1. A game of this value and its free as well it is a PS4 exclusive.
Old 2013-09-20, 23:08   Link #1095
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, what's with the drastic difference in fan reception to the first MGSV gameplay demo and this second one ?
Old 2013-09-21, 20:28   Link #1096
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Lol, what's with the drastic difference in fan reception to the first MGSV gameplay demo and this second one ?
Think it felt like it was too much commentary or it kind of resemble something that you would see in a Splinter Cell game.
Old 2013-09-22, 03:25   Link #1097
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

TGS playable demo for "RAIN"

Quote:
Think it felt like it was too much commentary or it kind of resemble something that you would see in a Splinter Cell game.
It 'feels' like Conviction/Blacklist because of the tagging, but there's nothing wrong with the tagging mechanics, it doesn't give you an unfair advantage- There's no "Mark and Execute".

We didn't see much of the UI so I don't know if health and stamina bars have been completely removed or if that's just God mode for the demo.

I suppose the only real argument is the slow-mo detect, but as shown in the second demo that's not all powerful either if an enemy guard sneaks up on you.
Old 2013-09-22, 08:47   Link #1098
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
TGS playable demo for "RAIN"

It 'feels' like Conviction/Blacklist because of the tagging, but there's nothing wrong with the tagging mechanics, it doesn't give you an unfair advantage- There's no "Mark and Execute".

We didn't see much of the UI so I don't know if health and stamina bars have been completely removed or if that's just God mode for the demo.

I suppose the only real argument is the slow-mo detect, but as shown in the second demo that's not all powerful either if an enemy guard sneaks up on you.
Rain looks very interesting and unique. I plan to buy it.

As for Metal Gear, I felt the game is trying to reboot itself back to the stealth genre. I didn't buy Metal Gear Rising Revengeance for that reason. Game was miss out of place in the Metal Gear Universe and felt like Ninja Gaiden to me.
Old 2013-09-22, 23:26   Link #1099
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Rain looks very interesting and unique. I plan to buy it.

As for Metal Gear, I felt the game is trying to reboot itself back to the stealth genre. I didn't buy Metal Gear Rising Revengeance for that reason. Game was miss out of place in the Metal Gear Universe and felt like Ninja Gaiden to me.
People don't want stealth anymore. Mindless Hack n Slash is what sells. Same reason why Resident evil went from a survival horror to your normal FPS with zombies.
Old 2013-09-22, 23:50   Link #1100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
People don't want stealth anymore. Mindless Hack n Slash is what sells. Same reason why Resident evil went from a survival horror to your normal FPS with zombies.
Rising sold a decent amount but it was still less than an MGS game. HnS in general have a relatively niche audience with GoW being the dudebro a exception. Even DMC in comparison is not on par with your AAA shooter.

Is it really so hard to accept that Kojima just wants to make a HnS game starring Raiden? And the fact that you call it mindless tells me you know nothing about it because unless you plan to easy mode it, there's no way you could mash your way through.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-09-23 at 01:30.