AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 07:24   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The reason for the old testament thread is in preparation for Index III- you'll have a bunch of people with questions about the first series.

Or maybe not even that much- there might be some new comer going through the volumes after Season II and wants to discuss some things.

Either way it's meant to spread out the information to make it easier to find.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 07:46   Link #22
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The reason for the old testament thread is in preparation for Index III- you'll have a bunch of people with questions about the first series.

Or maybe not even that much- there might be some new comer going through the volumes after Season II and wants to discuss some things.

Either way it's meant to spread out the information to make it easier to find.
But the new Testament didn't changed anything.
Touma didn't died as it he was supposed to, world is basically the same, espers/magicians are the same..
Aside to the "symbolic" meaning behind the change of name, everything is the same, except well, the name takes longer to read.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 07:57   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Its as good a cut off point as any... Since it is an official cut off point.
Old 2013-05-17, 09:08   Link #24
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm fine with combining all of the "Old Testament" books into one thread and all of the New Testaments into individual threads.

I don't think side stories require their own thread.

At the same time, I suppose theres not much point giving the earlier NT books their own thread though and its easier to bunch them up.

My suggestion:

1) "Old Testament" Light Novel Series Thread
2) "New Testament" Light Novel Series (Act 1) Thread
3) To aru Majutsu no Index - New Testament Volume 7 Thread

Subsequent releases would get their own threads similar to Anime Episode Threads.

EDIT:

I Just remembered that we would still be getting side stories from the Railgun DVD... maybe Primary Consult is right.

Just toss in some bible related title for the special volumes thread
Actually I'm about to agree with you... fewer threads than my original suggestion:

1 - "Old Testament" and already released Side Stories thread
2 - "New Testament" (Act 1) Light Novel Series Thread for Volumes 1-6.
3 - NT Volume 7 onward (as well as new side story novels) get their own thread each. Each LN has the equivalent content of approx. four anime episodes so they definitely deserve a new thread each time.

The Railgun side story novels should probably get their own thread in the Railgun forum. I read them before reading the Index ones and they really don't require any Index knowledge at all to enjoy (other than the generic 'magic exists' knowledge); Railgun only fans should have an opportunity to discuss them without having to weed through a whole bunch of Index stuff. Especially since one of the novels is hopefully about to get animated this season.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 09:41   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Then what about future Side Story content? Like the eventual SSS vol? Individual Thread as well?
Old 2013-05-17, 10:54   Link #26
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
But the new Testament didn't changed anything.
Touma didn't died as it he was supposed to, world is basically the same, espers/magicians are the same..
Aside to the "symbolic" meaning behind the change of name, everything is the same, except well, the name takes longer to read.
I agree.

The only difference that the tittle is longer.

No changes at all.

Mods, please wait for more users since they will be back once the last Railgun episode gets released they will notice certain changes on the subforum

Btw, it wouldn't be bad to talk about Side Stories novel on its own thread.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 11:52   Link #27
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
my suggestion would be,

1. Combining the entire old testament into one thread
2. for the new testament, dividing it into "Arc", after all some stories in the new testament do directly connected to each other like NT 1-2, 3-4, 5-6
3. Current "Arc", which is NT 7
4. Side Stories
5. Generic Discussion, Spoiler, Speculation thread

i guess thats all?
I like this scheme. Although it would be too much work to separate now the old novel thread. Doing it just from the latest novel onwards shouldn't be too hard.

For no. 5 I would say remove the Generic Discussion part, as it's pointless going by Relentlessflame's intent for this new organization. If there's something to discuss that doesn't belong anywhere, a new thread that attempts to encapsulate the new issue should be added.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 12:14   Link #28
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

I'm actually all for the volumes having a thread for themselves

About the Old Testament though I think we could just have it in one big thread.

I also agree with the side stories having threads themselves, that would be neat
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 14:31   Link #29
Algent

Wow subforum huh, I expected some thread reset since a while (I know how bad is vbulletin with big threads...) but it's better .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
1 - "Old Testament" and already released Side Stories thread
2 - "New Testament" (Act 1) Light Novel Series Thread for Volumes 1-6.
3 - NT Volume 7 onward (as well as new side story novels) get their own thread each. Each LN has the equivalent content of approx. four anime episodes so they definitely deserve a new thread each time.
+1 for this, We don't need more than 2thread for old content and from now on 1 thread per novel would be ideal.

Anyway it would be good to decide fast, so we can go back to discussing nt7.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 15:46   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I created a thread for NT Volume 7 because pretty much everyone agrees that we at least need that. I see a few different options on the table for the prior volumes, and I'll wait a bit more to see what shakes out.
Old 2013-06-03, 08:50   Link #31
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I created a thread for NT Volume 7 because pretty much everyone agrees that we at least need that. I see a few different options on the table for the prior volumes, and I'll wait a bit more to see what shakes out.
So... as we get more of NT: I think it might be important to have individual volume threads for the Volumes which have the most plot relevance later on. For example, the events of Volume 14/15, Volume 19/ (20?), Volume 22, Volume 5/6/7 of NT are all really important. There were other important volumes in there are well, but I feel like all of these volumes have specific events that can bring up a lot of debatable confusing questions that can affect later plot. I feel like those volumes at least should have their own threads. NT 7 likewise because it has a lot of new information as well. Also maybe threads for volumes which had some important events that were different/not portrayed clearly enough in the anime.

I feel like we should have a new thread for the Hot Springs Light novel SS when it does come out. (I don't remember if it was out after NT started, but it came out sometime in 2011 because of the Earthquake), but since it hasn't even been translated yet by JS06 (because it is hard to get a copy off apparently or relatively unknown), when it is translated, we should probably have a separate thread for that because no one really knows that much of its specifics except the summary I added that was just recently translated by JS06.

Otherwise: I think NT and OT should be separate. The dynamic is very different in both. The main villains are very different in both. The world landscape is very different in both. I also think that WWIII should have its own thread. The first part of NT could have its own thread. Pre-WWIII could have a thread. Whether people would want to make it more specific could be up to them; however, I feel like the more specific we get with threads, the more constructive discussions we could actually have. If the novels ever do actually come out in English that would be a good time to talk about the official translations on those threads, right? (we wouldn't have them on BT anymore... well at least OT. NT would be safe) They are treating FMP and FMP another as separate afterall.

The structure of Index is very complicated, but it's genius. It's tough to optimize the structure.

One other issue I have I mentioned in another thread when I was asking for a new thread:

when Index III comes out, we should probably have separate discussions for the following groups of people: Pure Index I, II viewers; Pure Index I, II viewers + Railgun S viewers; Index I, II viewers + manga readers; Index I, II viewers + LNs+Railgun S viewers. I say this because Railgun S will animate a lot of Index III characters for the first time. So the Railgun S added perspective makes it kind of unique/separate from the perspective of pure manga readers. I don't LN readers would mind the extra Railgun S perspective, but manga readers could. This includes a lt ton of separate threads, but it kind of feels like we should take into account all of the different situations. What do you guys think?

It is good to plan ahead after-all.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote