AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-29, 23:24   Link #41
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
No, that was a mistranslation in a summary a while back. He's got nothing to do with Judgement.
Oh...So, that was misinformation....I wonder where I read that...it definitely wasn't in SS2...
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 23:34   Link #42
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
They really only had to follow the manga exactly for that arc.
And the fact how Febli arc was a story written from scratch, and I am sure Kamachi barely had any hands in that part...
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 23:37   Link #43
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
And the fact how Febli arc was a story written from scratch, and I am sure Kamachi barely had any hands in that part...
It seems more like Kamachi gave a concept or a brief outline to Nagai and said "Have fun with it." And then Nagai did his thing. Honestly, it was a fanservice arc. That's what I call it.
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 23:39   Link #44
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
you mean Judgement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Why does GREMLIN suddenly popout?! LOL
Lol, whoops. Guess I'm getting tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Oh...So, that was misinformation....I wonder where I read that...it definitely wasn't in SS2...
It was from the summary of the Toaru Jihanki no Fanfare SS that wasn't written by Kamachi. There was a pretty long time between the summary coming out and the story being translated iirc, and since no one really questioned the summary translation it became a very common misconception.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 23:42   Link #45
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Why does GREMLIN suddenly popout?! LOL



I wouldn't say the entire rating will plummet, but I would say the entire rating will probably around 6/10 to 8/10 mostly because of how Febli arc ruined it.

Pretty much saying, Febli arc may have caused some minuses.
GREMLIN is everywhere! as they said... distribution.

Probably, yeah. I'm leaning in the 7/10 range. But that is also from Sister's arc.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 23:43   Link #46
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Sorry for the double post but thinking back... didn't they sort of reveal the existence of the parameter list and then just ignore it? I mean they didn't name it but they did point out how esper development is just luck instead of hard work. That's a secret that was supposed to be one of the huge reveals at the end of the first series and they just... blew past it.

EDIT: No longer a double post. Thanks ACertainStark
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 23:46   Link #47
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Sorry for the double post but thinking back... didn't they sort of reveal the existence of the parameter list and then just ignore it? I mean they didn't name it but they did point out how esper development is just luck instead of hard work. That's a secret that was supposed to be one of the huge reveals at the end of the first series and they just... blew past it.

EDIT: No longer a double post. Thanks ACertainStark
np.

They didn't really elaborate any further than that though, right?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 23:51   Link #48
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Yeah but that's basically the entire thing. I mean other than how telling how AC chooses not to tell the students this and sabotage the lower leveled people's development, but that's something you can infer on your own. It feels so weird to have such an important revelation (even just half of it) just thrown out like that without any focus.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 01:07   Link #49
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Why ignore the fact though about the five over references in episode 24... and other things which made it sound like Kamachi at least gave some details he wanted pursued in episode 24... There were some things that made me wonder somewhat though
dniv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 09:47   Link #50
LazyHunter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spain
I just thought about it, does anyone else feels it's a bit stupid that Mikoto "threw away her pride" and managed to convince Misaki to basically erase a few memories to put Shinobu's actions on the Silent Party Arc in a better light (god knows what the Queen forced her to do) when she has expressed a disgust of tampering with memories and in the novels dismissed the idea of asking Misaki for help with Touma's memories because she didn't want to be in her debt?

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2013-09-30 at 12:27.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 09:49   Link #51
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
I just thought about it, does anyone else feels it's a bit stupid that Mikoto "threw away her pride" and managed to convince Misaki to basically erase a few memories to put Shinoub's actions on the Silent Party Arc in a better light (god knows what the Queen forced her to do) when she has expressed a disgust of tampering with memories and in the novels dismissed the idea of asking Misaki for help with Touma's memories because she didn't want to be in her debt?
Wait...when did this happen? I honestly don't remember seeing this....
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 10:05   Link #52
LazyHunter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Wait...when did this happen? I honestly don't remember seeing this....
At the end of the episode when the gang is saying bye to Shinobu and the twins. Shinobu remarks it's strange how records of the incident have been altered and, while she can understand the digital records (Mikoto hacking them), she thinks someone has modified people's memories. Mikoto says that if you're willing to throw away your pride among other things even that's not impossible, cutting to Misaki with her clique. The implications are obvious.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 10:28   Link #53
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
At the end of the episode when the gang is saying bye to Shinobu and the twins. Shinobu remarks it's strange how records of the incident have been altered and, while she can understand the digital records (Mikoto hacking them), she thinks someone has modified people's memories. Mikoto says that if you're willing to throw away your pride among other things even that's not impossible, cutting to Misaki with her clique. The implications are obvious.
Seriously...maybe I really did turn my brain off too much for that episode if I didn't even notice that.

Seriously, though. It's more than a matter of pride. Like you said, she absolutely abhors Misaki's power.
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 10:43   Link #54
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
At the end of the episode when the gang is saying bye to Shinobu and the twins. Shinobu remarks it's strange how records of the incident have been altered and, while she can understand the digital records (Mikoto hacking them), she thinks someone has modified people's memories. Mikoto says that if you're willing to throw away your pride among other things even that's not impossible, cutting to Misaki with her clique. The implications are obvious.
Oh, wow. That completely flew over my head. The character inconsistencies don't end. I don't know if anime-viewers noticed but Daihaiseisai will be a little awkward in some places.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 17:26   Link #55
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
I just thought about it, does anyone else feels it's a bit stupid that Mikoto "threw away her pride" and managed to convince Misaki to basically erase a few memories to put Shinobu's actions on the Silent Party Arc in a better light (god knows what the Queen forced her to do) when she has expressed a disgust of tampering with memories and in the novels dismissed the idea of asking Misaki for help with Touma's memories because she didn't want to be in her debt?
It was certainly weird. I think it was temporary maturity though. Since Daihasesai arc didn't happen yet they don't really hate each other, they're just on edge to each other.

Neither one of them trusts the other at this point, but I don't really think things don't make sense there...

I also thought Mental Out was used to make people in the darkness not lash out at Mikoto + friends. That's what I actually thought instead. Shinobu implied Mikoto hacked the records away... which I'm sure
Spoiler:
but anyway, I think Shinobu implied from Mikoto that Misaki had helped reduce the darkness backlashing at everyone involved in the incident. I think Misaki might have made people in general forget about the darkness... that would make much more sense to me... If that were true, it would have fixed everything and might foreshadow something about next arc

Anyway, the other thing was that since Misaki's powers were used to make the darkness back off... I don't really see any problems with this arc except the still remaining time-line discrepancies which I'm thinking about, but haven't thought about that much yet... I'm not really sure the arc ended when people say it did... so I'm still slightly skeptical... as to whether it's a problem or not... but I'll definitely think about it and then put in my two cents...

I just want to say: If you are being really nitpicky you'll always be able to find a mistake. If you're not being nitpicky then you won't find one. It isn't like Kamachi doesn't have mistakes... it's just that in Kamachi's case in non-original arcs, people can fix them by thinking really hard about why they aren't mistakes.

Simple rule of human psychology: You will try harder to find what you are looking for, so it is easy to find a mistake here and not want to try that hard to resolve it. It is otherwise hard to do so in an Index arc because you have a tendency to believe that everything was planned out in advance so you try harder to resolve it and find out that you are able to... That's just how cognitive biases work. (I know I'm being annoying by mentioning this... but Kamachi uses this to write Mikoto's character which is why I think it's appropriate to mention because he in fact subscribes to the idea himself...)

So... I am going to check if I can resolve the inconsistencies. If I can, it's fine. If I can't, I will agree the arc has some problems... That should make some sense, right?

Also, they had FIVE_UNDER this time because the point of the villains were for them to be wannabe villains. I mean that was the point...

This argument recently has been: me saying the villains are supposed to be weak. You guys replying, the villains are lame and weak so that's bad... I mean I understand why you're doing it, it's human nature... but it's sad I can't get my point across... IT'S FRUSTRATING

The other main reason I don't think this arc breaks canon is that Mikoto included her friends partly because they were already involved with Febri... and because Mikoto already could tell she couldn't handle the darkness alone... In fact, Mikoto relying on her friends in this arc here instead of Touma makes more sense because it shows that she doesn't always rely either on Touma or just do things alone. The point of Index is to show glimpses of what the characters are doing in the relevant arcs being discussed. Since Railgun world-builds Raildex... I argue that we don't know how Mikoto is when she's outside of Index arcs. Just because we always see her interfering with Touma in Index doesn't mean that she can't do things with her friends... That's the point I was trying to make. (We can't assume how Mikoto appears in the arcs that we see her is how she acts at all times in her personal life... I know it sounds weird, but in fictional universes it is important to recognize that readers never fully understand characters. Only the author does... Characters can always have other nuances that just haven't come up yet... That's true in real life, so I don't see why it shouldn't be true in a fictional universe as well that tries to be very "believable" (consistent). )

Maybe Kamachi actually wants to write Mikoto as someone who does stuff with her friends when she's not involved in most Index arcs... Also... considering that Mikoto + her friends were all involved in the Endymion incident... this didn't seem that out of line either in terms of involving her friends...

I argue the remnant arc was different because that had to do with the Sisters directly and she doesn't want her friends to know about them and that was pointed out here during this arc when she wouldn't tell the others about the sisters. That's why remnant arc doesn't actually contradict why this arc doesn't make sense at least from my point of view.

I can do this all day--will do this all day (when not studying). If someone wants to bring it on, bring it on.

(Practicing arguing skills, not actually debating in a hostile manner ).
dniv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 17:38   Link #56
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I argue the remnant arc was different because that had to do with the Sisters directly and she doesn't want her friends to know about them and that was pointed out here during this arc when she wouldn't tell the others about the sisters. That's why remnant arc doesn't actually contradict why this arc doesn't make sense at least from my point of view.
The issue in Remnant isn't Mikoto's action, is the situation.

Awaki mocks Mikoto for supposedly involving Kuroko in the mess because she's a normal person unrelated to the darkness.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 18:06   Link #57
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I just want to say: If you are being really nitpicky you'll always be able to find a mistake. If you're not being nitpicky then you won't find one. It isn't like Kamachi doesn't have mistakes... it's just that in Kamachi's case in non-original arcs, people can fix them by thinking really hard about why they aren't mistakes.
The problem is that these mistakes are not hard to find. I'm not seeking them out, they're just obvious.

Quote:
Also, they had FIVE_UNDER this time because the point of the villains were for them to be wannabe villains. I mean that was the point...

This argument recently has been: me saying the villains are supposed to be weak. You guys replying, the villains are lame and weak so that's bad... I mean I understand why you're doing it, it's human nature... but it's sad I can't get my point across... IT'S FRUSTRATING
There's a difference between weak and poorly written though. I could have lived with weak. I wouldn't have liked it but I would have survived. Study is poorly written. Look at how they couldn't think of a way to show they were all intelligent other than to give them all glasses. How they constantly push up those glasses to show how "intelligent and thoughtful" they are. And how about how they had their meetings sitting around a dimly/oddly lit table?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 18:12   Link #58
LazyHunter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
It was certainly weird. I think it was temporary maturity though. Since Daihasesai arc didn't happen yet they don't really hate each other, they're just on edge to each other.

Neither one of them trusts the other at this point, but I don't really think things don't make sense there...

I also thought Mental Out was used to make people in the darkness not lash out at Mikoto + friends. That's what I actually thought instead. Shinobu implied Mikoto hacked the records away... which I'm sure
Spoiler:
but anyway, I think Shinobu implied from Mikoto that Misaki had helped reduce the darkness backlashing at everyone involved in the incident. I think Misaki might have made people in general forget about the darkness... that would make much more sense to me... If that were true, it would have fixed everything and might foreshadow something about next arc

Anyway, the other thing was that since Misaki's powers were used to make the darkness back off... I don't really see any problems with this arc except the still remaining time-line discrepancies which I'm thinking about, but haven't thought about that much yet... I'm not really sure the arc ended when people say it did... so I'm still slightly skeptical... as to whether it's a problem or not... but I'll definitely think about it and then put in my two cents...
The problems this action has are the ones I posted before. First, even in Railgun S (since they were so nice to move Misaki's scene) Mikoto shows a strong dislike of Misaki's ability because she uses it to mess with people's memories. Suddenly deciding to ask her to erase people's memories is out of character for Mikoto and inconsistent with future protrayals of her in canon inside Railgun and Index.

Second, when Mikoto learns of Touma's amnesia she thinks about getting help from Misaki as a favour (wouldn't have worked, but Mikoto didn't knew that) she ends dismissing it because she doesn't want to be indebted to Misaki. And now she's willing to do so for Shinobu just to put her on a better light. For Touma, with all that she owes him. No way she does it. That's how bad she doesn't want to owe a favour to Misaki. Another inconsistency and out of character.

Also, she asked Misaki to modify people's memories to put Shinobu in a better light, probably just downplaying how much she had helped STUDY. There's nothing said of doing it to protect Mikoto and her friends of the darkness neither it's implied by Shinobu, that's your invention. It wouldn't be needed either way because they didn't face the darkness (they face a rogue group who wanted to destroy AC) or left someone from STUDY to go free (I hope, what with the lack of resolution on that part), as we can assume they got them to jail like Thelestina.

Of course Aleister knows whats going on, he knows everything that goes inside AC. Why do you bring him up?

The estimated timeline of the arc is pretty spot on. It doesn't make sense. But that's not news from Railgun anime, they don't seem to care in that front. We can let that go as there are bigger flaws.

Quote:
Also, they had FIVE_UNDER this time because the point of the villains were for them to be wannabe villains. I mean that was the point...

This argument recently has been: me saying the villains are supposed to be weak. You guys replying, the villains are lame and weak so that's bad... I mean I understand why you're doing it, it's human nature... but it's sad I can't get my point across... IT'S FRUSTRATING
We already know the guys are weak and a joke, we are just making fun of them at this point. I think you're taking this a bit too serious.

Quote:
The other main reason I don't think this arc breaks canon is that Mikoto included her friends partly because they were already involved with Febri... and because Mikoto already could tell she couldn't handle the darkness alone... In fact, Mikoto relying on her friends in this arc here instead of Touma makes more sense because it shows that she doesn't always rely either on Touma or just do things alone. The point of Index is to show glimpses of what the characters are doing in the relevant arcs being discussed. Since Railgun world-builds Raildex... I argue that we don't know how Mikoto is when she's outside of Index arcs. Just because we always see her interfering with Touma in Index doesn't mean that she can't do things with her friends... That's the point I was trying to make. (We can't assume how Mikoto appears in the arcs that we see her is how she acts at all times in her personal life... I know it sounds weird, but in fictional universes it is important to recognize that readers never fully understand characters. Only the author does... Characters can always have other nuances that just haven't come up yet... That's true in real life, so I don't see why it shouldn't be true in a fictional universe as well that tries to be very "believable" (consistent). )

Yeah, asking her friends for help is acepted once they're involved, as long the help they provide is logical. Letting Saten fight Powered Suits with a wooden bat or Uiharu near chaingun range is not acceptable. Kuroko or other high-level espers helping to fight is okay. Uiharu should have been controlling the robots far from the front and Saten should have been let behind taking care of Febri, a task she had proven to be good at.

We are not complaining Mikoto acts different with the girls than with Touma. We complain that core aspects of her personality are either bent or ignored in these filler arcs, like her unwillingness of putting her friends into danger or her dislike of Misaki's powers as I explained above.

Quote:
Maybe Kamachi actually wants to write Mikoto as someone who does stuff with her friends when she's not involved in most Index arcs... Also... considering that Mikoto + her friends were all involved in the Endymion incident... this didn't seem that out of line either in terms of involving her friends...
Doing stuff with her friend doesn't have to involve a death match against 20000 Powered Suits, you know? Mikoto was involved in the Endymion incident and Uiharu acted as Mission Control. Saten wasn't really involved.

Quote:
I argue the remnant arc was different because that had to do with the Sisters directly and she doesn't want her friends to know about them and that was pointed out here during this arc when she wouldn't tell the others about the sisters. That's why remnant arc doesn't actually contradict why this arc doesn't make sense at least from my point of view.
Obviously she doesn't want them knowing about the Sisters. Problem is that Awaki pointed out that Mikoto was an idiot for involving her friend with the darkness (Kuroko had acted on her own but Awaki didn't knew that). You don't bring people who can't fight (like Saten or Uiharu) against people who will do anything to kill you, no matter how much Nagai or whoever in the team decided that was a good idea want it.

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2013-10-12 at 10:49.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 18:41   Link #59
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
The problems this action has are the ones I posted before. First, even in Railgun S (since they were so nice to move Misaki's scene) Mikoto shows a strong dislike of Misaki's ability because she uses it to mess with people's memories. Suddenly deciding to ask her to erase people's memories is out of character for Mikoto and inconsistent with future protrayals of her in canon inside Railgun and Index.

Second, when Mikoto learns of Touma's amnesia she thinks about getting help from Misaki as a favour (wouldn't have worked, but Mikoto didn't knew that) she ends dismissing it because she doesn't want to be indebted to Misaki. And now she's willing to do so for Shinobu just to put her on a better light. For Touma, with all that she owes him. No way she does it. That's how bad she doesn't want to owe a favour to Misaki. Another inconsistency and out of character.

Also, she asked Misaki to modify people's memories to put Shinobu in a better light, probably just downplaying how much she had helped STUDY. There's nothing said of doing it to protect Mikoto and her friends of the darkness neither it's implied by Shinobu, that's your invention. It wouldn't be needed either way because they didn't face the darkness (they face a rogue group who wnated to destroy AC) or left someone from STUDY to go free (I hope, what with the lack of resolution on that part), as we can assume they got them to jail like Thelestina.

Of course Aleister knows whats going on, he knows everything that goes inside AC. WHy do you bring him up?

The estimated timeline of the arc is pretty spot on. It doesn't make sense. But that's not news from Railgun anime, they don't seem to care in that front. We can let that go as there are bigger flaws.



We already know the guys are weak and a joke, we are just making fun of them at this point. I think you're taking this a bit too serious.




Yeah, asking for her friends help is acepted once they're involved, as long the help they provide is logical. Letting Saten fight Powered Suits with a wooden bat or Uiharu near chaingun range is not acceptable. Kuroko or other high-level espers helping to fight is okay. Uiharu should have been controlling the robots far from the front and Saten should have been let behind takeing care of Febri, a task she had proven to be good at.

We are not complaining Mikoto acts different with the girls than with Touma. We complain that core aspects of her personality are either bent or ignored in these filler arcs, like her unwillingness of putting her friends into danger or her dislike of Misaki's powers as I explained above.



Doing stuff with her friend doens't have to involve death match against 20000 Powered Suits, you know? Mikoto was involved in the Endymion incident and Uiharu acted as Mission Control. Saten wasn't really involved.



Obviously she doesn't want them knowing about the Sisters. Problem is that Awaki pointed out that Mikoto was an idiot for involving her friend with the darkness (Kuroko had acted on her own but Awaki didn't knew that). You don't bring people who can't fight (like Saten or Uiharu) against people who will do anything to kill you, no matter how much Nagai or whoever in the team decided that was a good idea want it.
Ok. All of you bring up really good points. But I only quoted one of you... sorry about that.

Anyway, first Ilidsor, I understand what you are saying. But my point is that if you hate something you have a tendency to want to pick out errors subconsciously which makes a difference even if it is small even though I agree that in general a lot of stuff Kamachi writes seems not to have that many errors to me. Though like Teh-ping told me on the thread, LN readers have a lot of different opinions and not everyone thinks Kamachi's writing is that perfect or consistent and that is has a lot of plot armor. Keeping that in mind underlines my point that I like what Kamachi writes so I don't like finding errors in it, while other people who don't can. It doesn't mean the errors aren't right, I'm just saying they are things you would think were errors that I don't because I'd have a higher tolerance level for doubt and I'd believe that if I looked hard enough I could resolve what was going on. (That's what I'm doing now actually...)

@Haigon

I see what you are trying to say... but I think the point is that what Awaki said only affects Mikoto because of the fact that it is related to the sisters and that she doesn't really want to involve her friends with that issue specifically. (I think that's why Mikoto feels guilty about what Awaki says... because this darkness is expressly related to the sisters...) In this arc, Mikoto still wasn't comfortable letting her friends know anything about the Sisters so that made sense to me...

@Ilidsor

I get what you are saying about how the villains don't look that amazing, but I think the point is that they are kind of lame in a way. First of all, they didn't seem THAT lame to me. They seemed kind of lame. Being able to launch a rocket from space that has huge destructive power while actually creating chemicaloids and making mechs (doesn't sound that lame especially since Terestina didn't think they'd be able to actually succeed at doing this... ) I mean you can call them nerds, but that was what they were supposed to be. Since they are regular people and aren't actually in the REAL darkness at all... (if you think about it and re-watch the arc like I'm now doing) then I don't see why they should be so capable. Also, I don't see why you are saying we should get different villains instead of villains that aren't very threat-imposing, when they actually are pretty threat imposing Since they aren't part of the actual darkness, the fact that they are posers of a kind isn't that weird... at least they actually pose a threat of destroying the city right?

@LazyHunter

Ah. You guys are trolling (part of the time). Lolz. I'm an idiot at times.

The Aleister part was just a note. I'm just saying that not everything that the railgun girls were able to do was forgotten. I also was pretty sure that Mikoto meant that Misaki mind-wiped people about what happened as to not expose innocent people there to danger.

The Timeline seems right. I'm still thinking though about why stuff could have happened that way because I actually feel pretty strongly that Kamachi wrote this arc with the intent of making Mikoto's character develop here.

But I think Febri was necessary at the final battle... Saten being good at Mechs might just mean that she has smell + memory like Index. She's the railgun version of Index! We know she doesn't like school, but she knows so many random rumors from all over the place and she knows a ton of stuff all of the time. In my opinion, it is very possible that she actually knows a lot of stuff, but never used it in school because she doesn't care about school that much... or didn't before. (Esper powers also don't have to do with technical knowledge and memory) so we don't actually know that she wouldn't be able to wield something like that. What if it were easy to use? There are plenty of reasons that (while since this arc was very short a lot of it appeared like Deus Ex Machina's) Saten and others were able to do the things they were able to do. We have to remember this last arc was pretty darned short after all...

About Awaki... I think the problem there was rather just that Mikoto wasn't that familiar with the darkness related to the sisters... STUDY wasn't actually the darkness. The whole STUDY = deep darkness came from Terestina's line to Mikoto that people in AC who aren't important have really dark lives and that darkness goes very deep. Hamazura is the premier example of this I would say... So Mikoto didn't hesitate to involve her friends here for other reasons. With Awaki, Kuroko acted because she wanted to similarly...

Now to answer the rest of what you said and finish answering this, let me quote something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No, she also has to trust Aritomi. There's no way Shinobu can simply look at that drug, and quickly know 100% if there's poison in it or not.

But honestly, this is almost beside the point. Even if Mikoto assumes that Aritomi is being honest here, there's a huge, massive risk in her agreeing to have herself get paralyzed right in front of him.

Who's to say that Aritomi won't crack a big villainous smile and say "I told you the truth about the drug. But I never said anything about not shooting you. Bye-bye, Railgun."?

Or even if he isn't willing to kill her, he could have Mikoto picked up and carted away for all sorts of possible experiments. I mean, the guy is a scientist of highly questionable morals, so it's hardly unthinkable that he could choose to do that.


Mikoto took a truly insane risk here. She really did.




You don't need great resources to inject some poison into a greenish-colored liquid. Good grief, man, you can poison someone with laundry detergent.

There is no real reason to think that Shinobu would 100% know what the drug is. This is a frankly silly assumption that you're trying to pass off as reasonable.




You know, I really have to laugh at that scene now that I think about it. It actually discredits the end of Episode 22 even more than it already was.

Yeah, if Mikoto can act fast enough from that distance to prevent Aritomi from shooting himself, then it stands to reason she could also act fast enough at the end of Episode 22 to subdue Aritomi and capture the data disk.
I think the point is this: Mikoto does insane things to protect the people she likes. She isn't smart. She's an idiot (idealist) (It's why she calls Kamijou an idiot-- that is what she actually means to say). It's the same, I'll sacrifice myself for you all deal. I realize that right after that later, she said there was an idiot who would sacrifice herself when talking to Aritomi, but in the end she had absolutely no choice. In other words, she's like Touma. What would he have done? She's trying to be him. I thought that was obvious... :__:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misaka Mikoto
"Believing it'll be fulfilled is the only way, huh?"
This reinforces my point. This is why she ate the chocolate. This is also why she took the chemical. This is why she included her friends. Touma is the one who made her feel like that. Not to mention there's the whole, maybe I'm only popular because I have the title Railgun... sounds suspiciously comparable to
Spoiler:
Also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misaka Mikoto
"Do it. It's for Febri.
In the end, two things are obvious to me now. :__: 1. Kami-yan disease is spreading to other protagonists. 2. Mikoto definitely took what Kamijou said to her to heart and is living by it now. This resolves that question in my opinion mainly because Mikoto chooses to believe in it. That's exactly what Kamijou does. It really isn't any different.

Since the basis for her actions are Kamijou's I have even more reason to believe Kamachi intended for this to happen.

In the end, Kamijou also relies on other people for help as long as they can help him, Mikoto does the same thing here.

Asking Misaki for help is something Kamijou would easily do... he would ask a former villain for help...

I think the point is that Mikoto has been Kamijoufied.

If in the end, she is doing everything because of Kamijou, what's the problem? Right? I just think that the misunderstanding surfaces because we assume something won't happen soon enough (like the remnant arc) that will make Mikoto instantly more cautious about including her friends to help her after this...

In this arc where Mikoto is choosing to believe in the good of people, she is literally following Kamijou's example. It isn't luck. It's something else. This is what I'm trying to say. Kamijou wins his fights in a similar way which relies on him finding the good in what other people are doing in a way, or coming to terms with what they are doing why they are doing and then shattering their illusions. Did you notice Mikoto used her left hand, which complements Kamijou's right. There's only one right and left hand... I'll stop the lame joke...

Anyway, the point here is that the date also reinforced Mikoto's tendency to believe in Kamijou's feelings. Are we absolutely sure the date happened after the morning of episode 24? Or was it the morning or whatever of an earlier episode...

I think Mikoto here was acting pretty much in line with how she should be after hearing Kamijou's idealism...

Last edited by dniv; 2013-09-30 at 18:55.
dniv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 19:40   Link #60
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 27
All this wall of text... Too lazy to read TwT
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.