AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-08-04, 22:48   Link #1
Sousui

Question mkv.bc! ? =.=;

I have been downloading for almost 24 hours a collection of anime eppisodes and...
I just relized recently, 85% through the way that.. my computer wouldnt beable to play it. Whoopy! (I really do need to check this though, before I download...)

the ending deal to this file is

.mkv.bc!

...Are they suppose to end with an explanation mark?? @.@
Wait, thats not my question..

Um, what is .bc!, and how can I play it, please? :3
Old 2006-08-04, 22:53   Link #2
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I believe .bc! is an extention bitcomet adds on incomplete files. Resume your download. Once they're finished, it'll drop that .bc! and leave you with .mkv files. If you have trouble playing them, go check either the playback help thread or the "what the heck is .mkv and what can I do about it?" thread.
Old 2006-08-04, 23:02   Link #3
Sousui

Thank you so much! I feel like an idiot now, eheheh! But thanks! ^_^

(dunno why it was saying I wouldnt beable to play it though.. I have the right stuffs for mkv... I love me mkv's! <3)
Old 2006-08-05, 19:55   Link #4
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
It says you can't play it since it's not actually in mkv format, so it's not set to open up with whatever media player you're using. If you're using VLC, you can still open these files even though they're not complete downloaded. Of course, the parts that aren't downloaded will be cut out, so I don't recommend it.
Old 2006-08-06, 07:10   Link #5
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

You can actually play incomplete MKV's with Haali's splitter too, as long as the header is intact (or it'll just say "first element of file is not EBML"). However, doing so is a bad idea.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2006-08-06, 10:43   Link #6
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
The .bc that Bitcomet adds is to keep newbies from viewing a file before the download is complete. You can stop this in one of BitComet's options.

@Toxic They are in .MKV format they just have this extra extension so the computer doesnt know what to do with it.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Old 2006-08-06, 11:05   Link #7
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurz
The .bc that Bitcomet adds is to keep newbies from viewing a file before the download is complete. You can stop this in one of BitComet's options.

@Toxic They are in .MKV format they just have this extra extension so the computer doesnt know what to do with it.
Well, yeah, that's what I meant.