AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 01:25   Link #9921
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Relax, I was just joking. (That guy from Raven Tail provided "outside interference" in Lucy's fight) But who in the right mind would mind what she does. As far as I care, she can be the destroyer in the "vision" and I would be okay with that.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 01:44   Link #9922
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Mavis just guides them to locations anyway

she doesn't provide them with magic that could destroy the enemies they'll encounter, it's totally up to them if they can beat the people they encounter

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 01:50   Link #9923
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Can you point out the character in Fringe that has this power, please?
Astrid from the "other world", running predictions on pretty much everything.

Quote:
with all the crap FT went though in this tourney
...and the worst has yet to come.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 02:47   Link #9924
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
Relax, I was just joking. (That guy from Raven Tail provided "outside interference" in Lucy's fight) But who in the right mind would mind what she does. As far as I care, she can be the destroyer in the "vision" and I would be okay with that.
Don't worry, I was kidding too . I know that after the games, FT is probably gonna go to hell in a Hiro Hamster ball, so let's enjoy all the pwning moments we can.
Old 2012-10-27, 18:52   Link #9925
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post

she doesn't provide them with magic that could destroy the enemies they'll encounter, it's totally up to them if they can beat the people they encounter
It's cheating and that is still outside interference though the final battle is supposed to 5 person teams competing in a battle royal they have 6th person actively helping them defeat there oppentents by telling where the other comptetiors are and how the counter them.
Now I don't really care that Fairy Tail is cheating they've never really cared if they followed the rule or not so it's not a big surprise and really rather in character for them considering everything that has transpired.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 19:32   Link #9926
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Also, the rules say that the master of the guild cannot participate. Mavis is the FORMER master of FT, also, no one else can see her, so no muss, no fuss.
Old 2012-10-27, 21:47   Link #9927
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I'd say she isn't even doing that. All her dialogue after "move to your designated points" is her explaining their strategy to Makarov and company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
It's cheating and that is still outside interference though the final battle is supposed to 5 person teams competing in a battle royal they have 6th person actively helping them defeat there oppentents by telling where the other comptetiors are and how the counter them.
She's not telling them where other competitors are, or how to counter them. She told them prior to the start where they should encounter enemies, and how to counter the attack Rufus was likely to use.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 00:04   Link #9928
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
I'd say she isn't even doing that. All her dialogue after "move to your designated points" is her explaining their strategy to Makarov and company.

She's not telling them where other competitors are, or how to counter them. She told them prior to the start where they should encounter enemies, and how to counter the attack Rufus was likely to use.
That's I took it too. She told them this plan BEFORE they left, she is just narrating it for us readers and the rest of the guild.

If you read later you can see that she now says "I can no longer predict how the battles will go" meaning up to this point she had it all predicted.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 10:34   Link #9929
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
That's I took it too. She told them this plan BEFORE they left, she is just narrating it for us readers and the rest of the guild.

If you read later you can see that she now says "I can no longer predict how the battles will go" meaning up to this point she had it all predicted.
You could be right but even if she was feeding them real time information they still would have had to come up with stragety as far who was going take who and some general routes before hand.
Also just reread it and the translations I have found don't have anywhere thatr she says "I can no longer predict how the battles will go". She does say when asked if she had thought about Jura she says "I have, but I can't decide of a way to handle him." which does make it sound as if she is contact with them presently. This seems like a translation issue and hopefully the next issue will make things clear.

Also it seems like Blue Pegasus cheated a little too if you read over the rules in chapter 304 say that when encounter an opponent you have to fight them the winner gets points the loser is out and the fight is over whenever one you can't battle so Hibiki really should had to finish his fight with Gajeel. Now I know why the author did things that way it makes for much better effect of them out manevuring them like that.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 11:00   Link #9930
Vmem

Given that this is a battle FT can't afford to lose, Regardless of whether or not Mavis is communicating with Team FT in real time, she has done the following:

1. Predict the fights and enemy movements on the field up to this point.

2. Use these predictions to SET UP fights between FT members and enemies (ST members etc) accordingly so that they only engage in fights that FT will win!

It is important to stress this second point. as a successful tactician and this being an important battle, Mavis would not be setting up fights where the out-come will be a toss-up (though for reader's pleasure the fight pairings are exactly as what previous chapters foreshadowed). In my opinion, Mavis has rigged the fights in this battle royal and that is cheating. However, I do not care as these fights will be awesome, and like people have pointed out before, FT doesn't follow the rules anyway :P
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 03:56   Link #9931
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Finally reached Chapter 74. 230 chapters to go.

And wow, Karen Lilica is such a b*tch, isn't she?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 10:35   Link #9932
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Karen? Oh, her, yeah. She was quite the drama queen. And Lucy surpassed her power long before any of what is happening now. Quite funny in retrospect since Karen was suppose to be a strong Celestial Mage...XD
Old 2012-10-31, 11:02   Link #9933
kitten320

You sure have long way to go before catching up to most of discussesed things.

But yeh, Karen was nasty
Old 2012-10-31, 18:45   Link #9934
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm going through the manga one major story arc at a time. I finished the Tower of Paradise Arc, so it's not too long before I reach the Nirvana Arc. But still, that is 200 chapters away from the latest.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 07:53   Link #9935
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
HELL YEAH! Way to go, Gray. Those puny flames were nothing compared to Natsu's.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 08:01   Link #9936
II Maestro

Spoiler for 306:
Old 2012-11-01, 08:07   Link #9937
phungnana

It's out Fairy Tail 306

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-11-01 at 11:20. Reason: Don't link to a scan site for a LICENSED manga (forum rule 1.1).
phungnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 08:48   Link #9938
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Spoiler for ch.306:

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 09:07   Link #9939
seiftis
~defying fate

Totally copying Fate/Stay franchise hahahaha lol