AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-23, 04:00   Link #61
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureflame226 View Post
Could you spoil me ? Thx
Spoil you about what?

Spoiler for Vol 2 based on what I remember:

Spoiler for Vol 3 based on what I remember:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-03-23 at 04:50.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 09:07   Link #62
GenesiD

Spoiler:

Just caught up with the manga. It's really fun and interesting. Good thing the LN translations is picked up by BT and have just started to regularly translate it.
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 13:39   Link #63
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

After reading the manga up to chapter 13, Adventures get stronger depend from the stats. So, if adventures level up, the stats get reset to I0.
What is the advantage of level up if their stats become I0 again? Isn't it make them weaker!
And what is the different if level up at stats SS with the lower stats example A?
I don't understand even after reading the machanism at the first page.
Old 2014-03-23, 13:45   Link #64
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
After reading the manga up to chapter 13, Adventures get stronger depend from the stats. So, if adventures level up, the stats get reset to I0.
What is the advantage of level up if their stats become I0 again? Isn't it make them weaker!
And what is the different if level up at stats SS with the lower stats example A?
I don't understand even after reading the machanism at the first page.
It may simply say I0, but the greater their stats before leveling up, the greater their strength. So just because someone is level 2 doesn't mean they'll actually be stronger than level 1.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 14:08   Link #65
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

So, you can say that level is the basic strength and stats are addition strength. Higher level has higher basic strength.
But, how much you gain basic strength when level up depend how high your stats. If you max the stats to SS and level up, you can gain much of basic strength compare with lower stats.
Old 2014-03-23, 14:41   Link #66
BW95
Banned

Quote:
So, you can say that level is the basic strength and stats are addition strength. Higher level has higher basic strength.
But, how much you gain basic strength when level up depend how high your stats. If you max the stats to SS and level up, you can gain much of basic strength compare with lower stats.
I think levels don't provide any sort of strength directly. Things is, once you've reached 999 SS. You can't increase that stat anymore. So you have to level up so you can start over from I0.
Old 2014-03-23, 15:09   Link #67
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I think levels don't provide any sort of strength directly. Things is, once you've reached 999 SS. You can't increase that stat anymore. So you have to level up so you can start over from I0.
I'm not sure about that. It's true that 999 SS is as high as you can go on any given level. However, in one of the chapters it is stated that the act of leveling up itself gives a huge boost in stats. So a level 1 with all maxed stats will still lose to a level 2 with low-mid stats.
Old 2014-03-23, 15:51   Link #68
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesiD View Post
Spoiler:

Just caught up with the manga. It's really fun and interesting. Good thing the LN translations is picked up by BT and have just started to regularly translate it.
No.
Spoiler for vol 4:

Quote:
Stats are only indirectly related to an individual's level. You do NOT level up IIRC even if you maxed up your level unless you have done something that "earned the praise and attention of the gods". IIRC, this usually involves defeating a monster whose level is higher than yours.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-03-23 at 16:02.
Old 2014-03-23, 16:02   Link #69
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
No.
Spoiler for vol 4:

Stats are only indirectly related to an individual's level. You do NOT level up IIRC even if you maxed up your level unless you have done something that "earned the praise and attention of the gods". IIRC, this usually involves defeating a monster whose level is higher than yours.Even an individual with low stats can be a level five if he/she managed to defeat a powerful monster. The problem is that you are more likely to do so if you have higher stats.
I know that. I'm just saying there's a limit to how much you can raise stats without leveling up.
Old 2014-03-24, 01:10   Link #70
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureflame226 View Post
Could you spoil me ? Thx
Of course!

Spoiler for Biggest spoiler:

Quote:
Isn't it make them weaker!
In addition to what everyone else said, you could also gain more base abilities, skills, and possibly magic when ranking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
It's true that 999 SS is as high as you can go on any given level.
Quote:
I'm just saying there's a limit to how much you can raise stats without leveling up.
Just to be nitpicking, while you two are absolutely correct for almost all cases, that's not entirely true though right?
Spoiler for Volume 3 and 4:

PS: I hate that "level" could mean "floor" and "rank up", which makes the discussions incredibly confusing for myself when typing this.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 01:36   Link #71
Zehini

Ok, can i ask one question? Who is the female lead. I though it was Kami sama? or am i wrong?
Old 2014-03-24, 01:41   Link #72
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehini View Post
Ok, can i ask one question? Who is the female lead. I though it was Kami sama? or am i wrong?
No one really,despite, IIRC, the official sources actually lists Hestia as the official heroine. Even so, while Ais is like Mikoto, Hestia is like the Index of this show. Most characters in this show except for the MC are like support characters.None of the characters other than Bell should really be called main characters. They do not constantly appear and Hestia's role in the story is mainly restricted to upgrading the MC and sometimes providing emotional support.
Old 2014-03-24, 01:44   Link #73
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Of course!

Spoiler for Biggest spoiler:

In addition to what everyone else said, you could also gain more base abilities, skills, and possibly magic when ranking up.

Just to be nitpicking, while you two are absolutely correct for almost all cases, that's not entirely true though right?
Spoiler for Volume 3 and 4:

PS: I hate that "level" could mean "floor" and "rank up", which makes the discussions incredibly confusing for myself when typing this.
who's syl, ryuu and mikoto?
Old 2014-03-24, 03:43   Link #74
Ryogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
who's syl, ryuu and mikoto?
Syl
Ryuu

I don't know who is Mikoto.
Ryogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 13:10   Link #75
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehini View Post
Think about it this way: the longer Bell stays in Dungeon, the less screentime there is for Hestia. With deeper floors where you cannot do same day return, the interaction with Hestia decreases as well.

Mikoto is a girl from Takemikazuchi, aka. Take/Takkii by Hestia and Hermes respectively; she just ranked up and currently is the most likely candidate to join Bell's party.

Anyway, there are excellent news!

Book 5 will be May 15th, and Sword Oratoria volume 2 will be one month after at June 14th. Apparently I was very wrong about Omori's speed, but still don't know what happened between book 3 and 4. Danmachi is also ranked first place in another award hosted by people who work in bookstores, but the votes are very low (43 to be exact, though I suspect no more than one person would vote from a given store and with the prevalence of digital books etc. there are less bookstores to begin with). Given the requirement I guess there wouldn't be a huge number of turnouts; the publicity of this award is the about same with another web blog based vote, which means not much weight but some reference value still. Some bookstores do hold a small corner dedicate to this so take it for what it's worth I suppose.

The editor that posted this information on the GA blog said there would be another good news coming soon. I don't know if he's talking about himself or the series. If the message is about the series, then maybe it's ◯◯◯化

EDIT:

Book 5 description,
Spoiler for Volume 5:
Going to be a packed volume with 392 pages! Only one short story left from the magazine so probably won't be in this volume. Around 375 pages excluding ads and afterword etc. Wktk. Now to just wait for the cover.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2014-04-15 at 15:18.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 09:10   Link #76
Ragna666

whats bell relationship with those girls such as he is Hestia Familiar Freya support him behind the scenes making him stronger something like that? aizu trains him? hephaestus make armor for him? what else beside that relationship and who else are there beside those girls. And is bell really creating his own harem? LOL
Ragna666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 16:42   Link #77
BW95
Banned

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? light novel

Quote:
Fujino Omori's comedy fantasy follows "a hapless adventurer and a failed goddess, with illustrations by Suzuhito Yasuda." It will ship as part of Yen On's initial launch lineup this winter.
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!
Old 2014-04-19, 17:53   Link #78
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Nice.

Unlike Index (Yes, we are FREAKING OUT) this series is short enough for regular release schedules to work and catch up, and the setting might be enough to make it popular and help it not get crushed by the likes of SAO.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 18:09   Link #79
omega253

Quote:
*Sees Index on the list*

Wait, what!?

But- I mean- WHAT!?

Should I be happy or sad!?

On one hand, the actual light novels are going to be in English! On the other, Baka Tsuki has to take them down!

B-Buh....

My brain just got fried....

Well, I guess it'll be easier to read now. I always read the books faster if they're in actual book form, instead of online format....
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 18:24   Link #80
Awrya
U mad?

They probably picked this LN since the way the world works is very game-like and they expect similar popularity to SAO.
I feel like this will be a flop since it's relatively unknown to the western fanbase and it didn't have media exposure like SAO.

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance