AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-08-11, 01:21   Link #2081
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, it's a loading bug problem, cause all I saw was the Fate image.

Of course, this was already being mentioned pretty clearly in the previous page.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:51   Link #2082
Kikaifan
Blazing General

So I just did a reread and I was wondering, has there been any speculation on the similarity between Chao's spell circuits and Magica Erebea?
Old 2008-08-11, 23:40   Link #2083
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
So I just did a reread and I was wondering, has there been any speculation on the similarity between Chao's spell circuits and Magica Erebea?
I thought about that when I saw Negi's arms but according to Rakan thats just suppose to be 'proof' of him acquiring Eva's skill whereas Chao's was actually used to forcibly draw magic energy from the surroundings into her.

One thing thats interesting is that since Dark magic seems to be fueled on emotions it will be interesting to see if Negi can keep this new power in check considering he has ample dark emotions.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 01:45   Link #2084
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangonel View Post
I thought about that when I saw Negi's arms but according to Rakan thats just suppose to be 'proof' of him acquiring Eva's skill whereas Chao's was actually used to forcibly draw magic energy from the surroundings into her.

One thing thats interesting is that since Dark magic seems to be fueled on emotions it will be interesting to see if Negi can keep this new power in check considering he has ample dark emotions.
Negi's magic had always been triggered by emotions, even before acquiring Eva's technique, hasn't it? The difference now is that he's more prone to anger.
Old 2008-08-12, 15:21   Link #2085
Mangonel

I recall times when Negi was excited he'd 'leak' wind magic but I was under the assumption that Dark magic is specifically fueled by negative emotions whereas Negi's normal wind magic is fueled more by just determination/ability to use magic.
Of course I could be just pulling stuff out of my butt, thats always a possibility .

As far as being prone to anger I'm not sure if the Dark magic has an effect on that or not, Negi has always been protective of his students, if you recall the incident where he first found out some of his students were being mistreated as slaves. Considering its Fate's fault his students were scattered and put in danger, and the fact Negi has been brooding on this for almost a month, asking for Asuna as a trade was probably the last straw.

Whether or not Negi becoming a dark mage makes him easier to anger though is still hard to tell from what little we've seen of him after acquiring Magica Erebea.
Old 2008-08-12, 15:52   Link #2086
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Actually, Negi explained before that his Wind magic is aligned to the Light side.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 17:07   Link #2087
Mangonel

I think I know what you getting at, I read the last 100 chapters in a day so pardon me if I'm jumbling stuff atm.
Old 2008-08-12, 17:17   Link #2088
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangonel View Post
I recall times when Negi was excited he'd 'leak' wind magic but I was under the assumption that Dark magic is specifically fueled by negative emotions whereas Negi's normal wind magic is fueled more by just determination/ability to use magic.
Of course I could be just pulling stuff out of my butt, thats always a possibility .

As far as being prone to anger I'm not sure if the Dark magic has an effect on that or not, Negi has always been protective of his students, if you recall the incident where he first found out some of his students were being mistreated as slaves. Considering its Fate's fault his students were scattered and put in danger, and the fact Negi has been brooding on this for almost a month, asking for Asuna as a trade was probably the last straw.

Whether or not Negi becoming a dark mage makes him easier to anger though is still hard to tell from what little we've seen of him after acquiring Magica Erebea.
Well, Negi's original training with Rakan semed to be about negative feelings. But I think that turned out to be total bull, seeing how silly it was most of the time. To end his training in the Phantasmagoria, Negi learned that all his experiences and feelings of dread and happiness should be used as his strength. They shouldn't be locked away. So yes, perhaps Negi's dark magic isn't fueled so much by emotions. As for his anger, I guess you could say that Fate just gets on his nerves that much.

But, who knows. There could be a much uglier side of dark magic + negative emotions.
Old 2008-08-12, 17:34   Link #2089
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post

But, who knows. There could be a much uglier side of dark magic + negative emotions.
Yea, I'm looking forward to see how Negi handles Magica Erebea. Because of Negi's affinity to Dark magic and the obvious power boost ME provides I'm wondering if he'll start to have problems controlling the power.
Old 2008-08-14, 09:54   Link #2090
Eastern_Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Hey how come Fate can still block Negi's punch so easily and the tea vs Cofee battle waas intense lol......Negi finally cleared up the Asuna matter.....he finallly admitted he only sees her as a cool older sister......too bad I was soo badly rooting for those 2
One can call a lady older than him/her as 'onee-chan', even though they're NOT siblings. It's a common practice here in the Philippines (my location), Japan and some European countries. Negi calling Asuna as onee-chan does not necessarily mean that he's viewing Asuna as his sister, but he has high respect for the baka-red lady.

I'm also rooting for them.
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 12:01   Link #2091
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern_Mage View Post
One can call a lady older than him/her as 'onee-chan', even though they're NOT siblings. It's a common practice here in the Philippines (my location), Japan and some European countries. Negi calling Asuna as onee-chan does not necessarily mean that he's viewing Asuna as his sister, but he has high respect for the baka-red lady.

Incidentally, my mom calls me Kuya (most likely not same meaning as Negi). My (Americanized) sister never did.
Old 2008-08-14, 21:55   Link #2092
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Well, Negi's original training with Rakan semed to be about negative feelings. But I think that turned out to be total bull, seeing how silly it was most of the time. To end his training in the Phantasmagoria, Negi learned that all his experiences and feelings of dread and happiness should be used as his strength. They shouldn't be locked away. So yes, perhaps Negi's dark magic isn't fueled so much by emotions. As for his anger, I guess you could say that Fate just gets on his nerves that much.

I wonder.... is it possible that Negi's newfound anger isn't so much a matter of ME making him more angry as it is simply Negi being more true to himself? He's effectively letting out all the ugly feelings he kept pent up inside of him all this time, maybe we're just beginning to see the effects of this?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 22:02   Link #2093
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

He's an angry little tyke, isn't he. :3
Old 2008-08-15, 04:36   Link #2094
Dark Mage

Quote:

whoa never thought like that! I hope you r correct about this.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 06:15   Link #2095
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Erm, of course he doesn't think of her as HIS sister, but that respectful big sister that you're mentioning, falls along the same lines as 'good friend' or 'someone to look up to', rather than anything romance.

Hence the term 'big sister'. It's not comforting for most (I hope) to think of their 'big sister' as a romantic interests now does it?

So... Either way, it's not helping your case

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-08-15 at 06:50.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 09:00   Link #2096
Franckisted

Look here, take the age difference also in account. Negi is ten, Asuna... who knows... but let assume she's 16-17 now (has the mind of a high school girl), she's not gonna be in a couple with Negi at the end of the manga, especially when she's for older guys. No no... not Takamichi, but when she'll have her memories back... she'll go for the Thousand Master.
And Negi will end up with Anya. ('cause same age, childhood friends...)

One thing I don't understand is why nobodies complain about the shotakon (with Negi) and Lolikon (with all flat-chested girls in the manga) in Negima, while in other manga (like Kodomo No Jikan) everybody make a fuss about it.

Here everybody tells "a negi/asuna couple is good and blablabla", but when it's with a little girl instead everyone goes "WTF? OMG? Taboo/bad/jail thing"...
Basically shota or loli that's the same...
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 09:05   Link #2097
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Because men are easier viewed as perverts for loving young girls then women are for loving young boys.

Yeah, its not fair, but that's how it is.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 09:21   Link #2098
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
Look here, take the age difference also in account. Negi is ten, Asuna... who knows... but let assume she's 16-17 now (has the mind of a high school girl), she's not gonna be in a couple with Negi at the end of the manga, especially when she's for older guys. No no... not Takamichi, but when she'll have her memories back... she'll go for the Thousand Master.
And Negi will end up with Anya. ('cause same age, childhood friends...)

One thing I don't understand is why nobodies complain about the shotakon (with Negi) and Lolikon (with all flat-chested girls in the manga) in Negima, while in other manga (like Kodomo No Jikan) everybody make a fuss about it.

Here everybody tells "a negi/asuna couple is good and blablabla", but when it's with a little girl instead everyone goes "WTF? OMG? Taboo/bad/jail thing"...
Basically shota or loli that's the same...

Asuna is listed as 14 and is in middle school. Yeah age difference is large now, but in a few years, that won't matter.

And it's not as if there's no precedence in Japanese stories, think "Please save my Earth" manga, the age gap in there was much greater.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 09:22   Link #2099
Franckisted

I agree partially ( I agree about the boys are view more perverted, even if women also...) , I don't know if you read Kodomo No Jikan, but it's the little girl who is pushy and daring, not the man (teacher in that case. ^^ )

To return to Negima, when we "see" the flat chested girls, like the twins (for example but we also have Honya-chan, Yue etc. even Anya) "nude" nobody say a thing. That just seem weird to me. ( When we saw Rin from Kodomo No Jikan, everyone was shocked, and just you see the contreversory in US and everywhere about this show...)

Back to the chapters of the manga now.

EDIT @ KoroshiyaX : When you have a little girl of 10 years old and a boy of 16, here also... age difference is "large" but won't matter later.

Oh well, that's off topic anyway, sorry for that.
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 10:49   Link #2100
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
I agree partially ( I agree about the boys are view more perverted, even if women also...) , I don't know if you read Kodomo No Jikan, but it's the little girl who is pushy and daring, not the man (teacher in that case. ^^ )

To return to Negima, when we "see" the flat chested girls, like the twins (for example but we also have Honya-chan, Yue etc. even Anya) "nude" nobody say a thing. That just seem weird to me. ( When we saw Rin from Kodomo No Jikan, everyone was shocked, and just you see the contreversory in US and everywhere about this show...)

Back to the chapters of the manga now.

EDIT @ KoroshiyaX : When you have a little girl of 10 years old and a boy of 16, here also... age difference is "large" but won't matter later.

Oh well, that's off topic anyway, sorry for that.
lol, yeah... In PSME, the boy was 11-12, and the girl was 18, but it wasnt until the guy was like 15-16 before they started dating, if my memory serves me right... read it a long time ago.

I guess when Negima ends, they could do a time skip of a few years, and show them him with one of the girls as a couple. Doing anything now wouldn't be... moral by today's standards lol.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy