AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-10, 16:57   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 532 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2009-02-10, 16:59   Link #2
marvelB

First off, I just gotta say that the Shichibukai spread is many levels of awesome. The chapter is just as awesome. Anyway, what's known so far:

-Luffy and his group are still rampaging through level 3. We find out that Mr. 3's real name is something like "Gal Dino", while Bon Clay's real name is "Bentham". Meanwhile, Magellan and the guardians from level 4 are preparing for Luffy's arrival.....

-Luffy and his group encounter another obstacle on level 3..... the Minotaur (he... looks kinda goofy ). However, Luffy and co. team up and beat the crap out of him. During the fight, Bon Clay tells Luffy that the person that he wants to meet is the queen of the Kamabakka Kingdom (also known as the Okama King), "Iwa-san".

-Meanwhile, Ace silently tells his brother to not come for him as the group reaches level 4......

Yowza, what a chapter! That minotaur reminds me of Zoro's minotaur persona from "Monster Time", interestingly enough. I also noticed from the pics that Buggy's picked himself up some swords (I kinda liked the axe better, but..... eh). As far as the other level 4 guardians go, it looks like one of them has a rhino's head (something that the people at AP also noticed), so.... maybe a new Zoan? For some strange reason, I didn't see that koala with Sadi, though.....

Heh, of course Bon Clay (or perhaps I should call him Bentham now? ) was connected to the Kamabakka kingdom in some way. If the Okama King is the person from level 5 that he's searching for, then that dud(ett)e's gotta be insanely powerful. I guess Iwa is one of those silver medalists, then.....

Oh, and Shichibukai spread is awesome. Just had to say it one more time.

Edit: Heh, just found out that Buggy made some special weapons similar to his cannonballs while he was seperated from Luffy. I still think that those things are powered with Haki.....
Old 2009-02-10, 17:11   Link #3
james0246

It's nice to finally learn the names of some of the other BW members.

Added to that, it is neat that Luffy will meet up with Magellan so soon after coming to Impell Down. It has to make you wonder if there will be some even more powerful foe on the 5th (or the possible 6th) floor that Luffy will have to beat in order to finally break Ace free. That being said, I can honestly say that I am not currently looking forward to a fight between Magellan and Luffy if for no other reason thanbecause we already know that Luffy is highly resistant to poison. So, here is hoping that Magellan has some uber poisons, or some strange fighting style, because I am not too impressed with the abilities he has shown thus far.
Old 2009-02-10, 17:21   Link #4
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Added to that, it is neat that Luffy will meet up with Magellan so soon after coming to Impell Down. It has to make you wonder if there will be some even more powerful foe on the 5th (or the possible 6th) floor that Luffy will have to beat in order to finally break Ace free. That being said, I can honestly say that I am not currently looking forward to a fight between Magellan and Luffy if for no other reason thanbecause we already know that Luffy is highly resistant to poison. So, here is hoping that Magellan has some uber poisons, or some strange fighting style, because I am not too impressed with the abilities he has shown thus far.

I wouldn't say that Luffy is resistant to poison.... while it's true that he was able to hold his own despite being poisoned during his fight with Crocodile, he was still in danger of succumbing to it until Robin made Cobra give him the antidote. So unless there's a readily available antidote to whatever poison Magellan uses hidden somewhere in the prison (which there most likely is), Luffy's gonna have a rough time with the warden (well, he'd probably have a rough time with him anyway, but I think you get my point).....

Oh, and I totally call Iwa becoming another of Luffy's allies when they meet.
Old 2009-02-10, 17:44   Link #5
james0246

^AntIdotes are most likely available if for no other reason that Magellan mistakenly eats poison all the time.

btw, what is DoFlamingo doing with his fingers in the Cover Page?
Old 2009-02-10, 18:39   Link #6
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
First off, I just gotta say that the Shichibukai spread is many levels of awesome. The chapter is just as awesome. Anyway, what's known so far:

-Luffy and his group are still rampaging through level 3. We find out that Mr. 3's real name is something like "Gal Dino", while Bon Clay's real name is "Bentham". Meanwhile, Magellan and the guardians from level 4 are preparing for Luffy's arrival.....

-Luffy and his group encounter another obstacle on level 3..... the Minotaur (he... looks kinda goofy ). However, Luffy and co. team up and beat the crap out of him. During the fight, Bon Clay tells Luffy that the person that he wants to meet is the queen of the Kamabakka Kingdom (also known as the Okama King), "Iwa-san".

-Meanwhile, Ace silently tells his brother to not come for him as the group reaches level 4......
Is Ace talking about the dangers of level 4 or a different danger involving Whitebeard?

Quote:
Yowza, what a chapter! That minotaur reminds me of Zoro's minotaur persona from "Monster Time", interestingly enough. I also noticed from the pics that Buggy's picked himself up some swords (I kinda liked the axe better, but..... eh). As far as the other level 4 guardians go, it looks like one of them has a rhino's head (something that the people at AP also noticed), so.... maybe a new Zoan? For some strange reason, I didn't see that koala with Sadi, though.....
Think we can have a picture of those gaurdians? Also what's the deal with this koala? If you're concerned about his disappearance from this chapter, I would have to say he's probably rallying more of Sadi's henchmen. As with the battle on level 4, I'm guessing the following will be there: Magellan, Hannybal, Sadi, Sarudeath, and the guardians.

Quote:
Heh, of course Bon Clay (or perhaps I should call him Bentham now? ) was connected to the Kamabakka kingdom in some way. If the Okama King is the person from level 5 that he's searching for, then that dud(ett)e's gotta be insanely powerful. I guess Iwa is one of those silver medalists, then.....
If the okama member of Baroque Works is from Kamabakka kingdom along with his King-Queen, then there may be a chance that Sanji and the Kamabakka residents would have a reason to invade Impel Down. As for Mr. 3's real name Gal Dino, I hope fans don't think that he's from the Kamabakka kingdom as well considering the "Gal" part of his name. Since Mr. 2 Bon Clay and Mr. 3 revealed their true names, I would find it a shame that we won't be able to learn the real names of all the other Baroque Works members if they have no more appearances since their seclusion: Mr. 5, Miss Valentine, Miss Goldenweek, Mr. 4, Miss Merry Christmas, and Miss Doublefinger.

Quote:
Oh, and Shichibukai spread is awesome. Just had to say it one more time.
True that!

Quote:
Edit: Heh, just found out that Buggy made some special weapons similar to his cannonballs while he was seperated from Luffy. I still think that those things are powered with Haki.....
Those would have to be his mini-bombs. I'm not sure if those bombs would have Haki, but I bet they're just as powerful if not more powerful in a small concentrated form.
Old 2009-02-10, 19:01   Link #7
marvelB

You can't really see the guardians too well in that pic, but here it is anyway:

Spoiler:

And on Mr. 3's name: I'm not 100% certain that it's "Gal" Dino, but that's what I assumed since the Japanese script has it spelled "Gyaru" (and that's how I usually see "gal" romanized in the language, so.... yeah). Heh, now I'm reminded of that one fake spoiler from a while back where Mr. 3's real name was revealed to be...... Mr. 3. While that would have been hilarious if that were true, I still think it's better that his actual name isn't some source of gag material.....

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the silhouette of Iwa looks surprisingly like Brooke from his "first" life. I doubt that there's any connection, though.
Old 2009-02-10, 20:49   Link #8
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
haha Ace. Nice try. Asking him NOT to come is just going to make him get to you even HARDER. Minotaur=fail

Those 4 guardians should be nice. Gear 4 anyone? :]
Old 2009-02-11, 02:28   Link #9
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

btw, what is DoFlamingo doing with his fingers in the Cover Page?
Give you something to think about. Until he sprays the hard Manga gone soft with awesome sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Is Ace talking about the dangers of level 4 or a different danger involving Whitebeard?
Maybe it could Ace's pride.
Old 2009-02-11, 02:34   Link #10
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I was expecting Luffy to try his haki powers, considering the large number of test subjects he has been exposed too. But, I guess, we need to wait a bit longer for that to happen.

And, I wonder if Ace's words have some deeper meaning, other than referring to why risk your life to save me. I hope he is not afraid of Dragon or some other to make a move considering the dangers of giving both dragon kids to the WG.
Old 2009-02-11, 02:58   Link #11
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Now think guys if there's a way for Luffy to first meet with his brother and than fight all guards for IP? Otherwise it will look like this -- all torn up Luffy comes to Ace and they leave, the end.

So Kuma lost his orange, but Flamingo and Jinbei took it so Shichibukai except for Kishishi bastard Moria were to be red and orange - damn you anime team for ruining it :< or maybe Jinbei would have other color :?

I still think that Dragon will be mad at Luffy for freeing Ace.
Old 2009-02-11, 03:03   Link #12
Master Mold
Banned

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm glad the anime team made Kuma's fit proper.
Old 2009-02-11, 05:33   Link #13
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I was expecting Luffy to try his haki powers, considering the large number of test subjects he has been exposed too. But, I guess, we need to wait a bit longer for that to happen.

And, I wonder if Ace's words have some deeper meaning, other than referring to why risk your life to save me. I hope he is not afraid of Dragon or some other to make a move considering the dangers of giving both dragon kids to the WG.
I'm not sure how do you expect of Luffy to try his Haki powers,he didn't even realize at that moment that he had unleashed(if that's the correct word to use)his Haki,so I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have a clue about it,unless Boa already explained it on their way to ID.

And about Ace,everyone(so far) who knew that someone's trying to save them didn't want them to come,so I'm pretty sure that's what Ace thinks,and i know that he doesn't want Whitebeard to come,because if Whitebeard comes he's gonna destroy ID meaning there will be a war.

And According to Jinbei's story Whitebeard is not an asshole,so I'm sure that's not why Ace is worrying about Luffy.
Old 2009-02-11, 08:01   Link #14
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I'm not sure how do you expect of Luffy to try his Haki powers,he didn't even realize at that moment that he had unleashed(if that's the correct word to use)his Haki,so I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have a clue about it,unless Boa already explained it on their way to ID.

And about Ace,everyone(so far) who knew that someone's trying to save them didn't want them to come,so I'm pretty sure that's what Ace thinks,and i know that he doesn't want Whitebeard to come,because if Whitebeard comes he's gonna destroy ID meaning there will be a war.

And According to Jinbei's story Whitebeard is not an asshole,so I'm sure that's not why Ace is worrying about Luffy.
This was talked about in the Luffy thread. Naturally Luffy need something to overcome other Haki users, at the very least. Despite being made of rubber they can still hurt him. (Makes me wonder if Nami is also a Haki user seeing how easily she's hurt him. No more so then after the party at Water 7.) They have even blocked his moves.
I've said this before, but I just don't see Luffy as the kind of person you can sit down and teach. At any time have we ever seen Luffy train and ready himself for a battle. The whole Gear System seemed to come from out of nowhere. Suddenly he had it. Most of this best ideas have come from impulses and inspiration. They don't always work out. The Gumu Gumu no Pinwheel came from when he saw Genzo's pinwheel hat.
Though he partly learned how to defeat Crocodile by chance. He first noticed that when Crocodile broke that special water jug around his neck that he could grab Crocodile. That's why he brought that big barrel later.
This series isn't like Naruto. We have never seen Luffy stand around for several chapter and train for a big battle.
I think you could take any other member of the crew and teach them something to improve themselves. That seems to be a theme about where everyone landed after Kuma sent them flying. Though I'm still not sure what Zoro, Sanji, Chopper, and Robin could gain from where they are. Though at least Zoro can get some much needed rest and recovery. Doubt he will sit still long enough for that though. Nami can obviously learn more about controlling weather. That's HUGE for a navigator and how she already uses the Clima Tempo. I'm looking forward into seeing how she gets off a Sky Island to get back to the crew.(It broke my heart when I saw how scared she was when Kuma sent her away)
Franky is on a future island. A home of some great genius. Great place for a cyborg that could help him with upgrades.
Usopp will probably learn to be faster and a better survivor on an island filled with things trying to kill him.

I also heard people ask why Luffy's bounty didn't rise since he decked one of those royal pains in the ass. Not to mention Usopp ass falling on the biggest of the royal asses.
My thoughts on that would probably be that the Marines thought the StrawHat crew was taken care of a few days ago by Kuma. It should rise after he escapes from Impel Down. Not sure how Kuma is going to explain that. He sure doesn't seem to have much love for those odd copies of himself.
the escape should be interesting. Seeing how the only way out is the same why he came in. There are also now Marines surrounding the place. I guess there is a chance if Boa can somehow freeze everyone to give Luffy time to escape, then to release them and act like nothing happened. Though you'd think with Boa's move you'd need line of site. That's probably why Oda has Luffy meeting up with all these people again. To be his way out in the escape. I'm personally hope that somehow Luffy get's that arm band back. I'm curious what this great treasure is like. Seems odd that the whole point of Luffy finding it would turn out to be just to give Buggy reason to help him much later down the road.
Old 2009-02-11, 08:26   Link #15
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Hi FoxxFireArt
As for Sanji there is a speculation, that Bon Clay learnt his Okama Keppo on THAT isnalnd.

Robin's power is very useful, but her the biggest weakness was her... well, weakness XD Unlike Luffy or Zoro she doesn't posses super strenght, because all her life she could lift heavy things by using many of her hands. (I think) that this is the reason why her wings last only for 5 seconds.

Chopper has at least 3 weaknesses:
He can use his Rumble ball only once with 100% usefulness.
He doesn't control that monster he turnes himself into, nor can turn back from being it.
His normal human form is strong but not strong enough.
So he might find some way to better his Rumble ball or gain some normal strenght - the only person that trains is Zoro.

Luffy's gears were ideas of the same sort as Gomu Gomu no Pinwheel - at least Gear 2nd where is imitates a train. There are two possibilites about Luffy using Haki - he can fight haki users already, or he needs to get mad like the last time.
Old 2009-02-11, 11:06   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post

Actually, I sorta figured that he was simply concerned about his brother's well-being, that's all. I mean, we ARE talking about an "inescapable" prison which contains powerful guards who specialize in brutally torturing the prisoners.....

And speaking of the guards, I wonder what happened to Saldeath? It doesn't seem like he appears in this chapter, though Magellan does mention his name at one point. He has a pretty unique design, so I'm hoping that he doesn't turn out to be cannon fodder. Maybe he'll be the final obstacle to hinder Luffy's group before they reach level 4.....
Old 2009-02-11, 14:25   Link #17
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm glad the anime team made Kuma's fit proper.
Yep. the anime team had to upgrade Kuma and Oda's taste buds!!
Anime's colors for Kuma always been better.

BTW, The only good thing in this chapter is that we have reached level 4. So we got some type of progress.
Though I must admit, this entire Impel down arc has been boring. I mean it is just another Dragonball rip-off of Goku infulltrating the Red Ribbon Army. Why isn't Oda updating the whereabouts of Whitebeard? There is a war people are preparing for in the real world. We need to get out of the SH's fishbowl cause I'm sufficating. Oh but I forgot, when it comes to those type of characters the fans say this manga is called "Wait Please" instead of One Piece.

Lord have mercy...
Old 2009-02-11, 14:30   Link #18
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I was actually expecting something like that. They had spent a few days/nights on the boat, and unless they spent the time only eating and sleeping, that is one of the issues that Boa had to discuss with Luffy to increase the success of her loved one's mission. And considering that Impel Down seems to be the feeding ground for a lot of different creatures, them being weaker against Haki make it a perfect weapon for Luffy.

Quote:
If you look at it from that perspective, then Luffy becoming another prisoner would be something Ace would definitely not want, if he thinks that Luffy getting captured would trigger a larger scale war, involving others too. And, if that is the case, I am wondering who those others are.
Old 2009-02-11, 14:58   Link #19
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
BTW, The only good thing in this chapter is that we have reached level 4. So we got some type of progress.
Though I must admit, this entire Impel down arc has been boring. I mean it is just another Dragonball rip-off of Goku infulltrating the Red Ribbon Army. Why isn't Oda updating the whereabouts of Whitebeard? There is a war people are preparing for in the real world. We need to get out of the SH's fishbowl cause I'm sufficating. Oh but I forgot, when it comes to those type of characters the fans say this manga is called "Wait Please" instead of One Piece.
Hm, if a days worth of in-world time had been spent in Impell Down I might agree with you, but since only an hour or so has passed since Luffy entered the prison, I have to say that the manga is actually moving along quite quickly (with only 1-3 chapters spent per Level).

Added to that, how many times have we seen Sengoku appear in the last few chapters? Doesn't that count as an active update on what is going on outside of Luffy's Impell Down invasion?
Old 2009-02-11, 16:13   Link #20
marvelB

I sorta figured that only a few hours have passed since Luffy infiltrated the prison, myself. Ace's execution is 33 hours away.... nearly one and a half days, in other words. Sure, we could get plenty of updates concerning the marines and Whitebeard during that time, but on the other hand, things may be quiet at the moment..... y'know, sort of a "calm before the storm"-type of scenario. Honestly, I kind of expect Whitebeard to strike when at least 24 hours have passed (Luffy may not have reached Ace yet by that time since the prison was built with a labyrinthine design)....

And personally, I'm loving the storyline. I was looking forward to Impel Down since it was first mentioned back during Water 7, and it's great to see Luffy team up with some past villains. I'm still crossing my fingers for Arlong to appear in level 4......
Closed Thread