AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-17, 07:27   Link #241
cyth
Banned

Just caught up with the series. Damn, Momonga-sama is so adorable! Haven't seen an anime quite like this one, I think.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 07:33   Link #242
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

To be honest, I find it boring so far. No 'real' conflict at all, but the previews has it look like that will change next episode. So hopefully episode 3 changes my mind...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 07:59   Link #243
RDNexus

It's because of people who care majorly for fanservice and/or violence that the market and the industry is in the state it currently is...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 10:59   Link #244
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

Is that Ulquiorra from Bleach. Why is he crossdressing? Lmao.

This series is so far different from the other VMMORPG game in the sense that the main character only needs to interact with NPC and not humans.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 11:20   Link #245
Chosen_Hero

Calling it now, Momonga is going to fall for a "Hero" who just so happen to turn out to be female and she is going to be just like him (as in she is stuck in the game world).
Old 2015-07-17, 13:56   Link #246
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Episode 1

"You're going to take me for the first time here and now, right?"

"ehh?"

Episode 2

"Well, there's a reason for all this."

"So that's how it is."

"ehh?"

I think every episode needs these "ehh" moments

Loving this, very good so far and looking forward to more.

I never looked over the va cast for this as I wanted to keep it a surprise but hearing Koyasu Takahito as Nigun, I would have thought he would get a slightly bigger role in this.
VA cast for this has been great, Hara Yumi as Albedo is fantastic.
Old 2015-07-17, 20:31   Link #247
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
It's because of people who care majorly for fanservice and/or violence that the market and the industry is in the state it currently is...

PLOT sells more than plot, proven fact.

and humans are naturally attracted to violence
(that's why most games with fighting or pvp are extremely popular compared to games that's slice-of-life or just casual pve)

Pain = Pleasure
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 23:14   Link #248
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Calling it now, Momonga is going to fall for a "Hero" who just so happen to turn out to be female and she is going to be just like him (as in she is stuck in the game world).
Very highly doubt that. Especially given he has already stated that all his, as was put in the Dresden Files, gland based emotions are being dampened ie no hunger, no thirst, no libido.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 05:18   Link #249
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

The episode gives us a look at the NPC's personalities. It's quite enjoyable. Although, their level of loyalty is frightening.... You can really feel the pressure of living up to their expectations. Mamonga actually did well so far. Can he keep it up?
Old 2015-07-19, 09:52   Link #250
human6861

I wonder what full setting of Albedo in episode 1 mean , since i can't read and no translate aside last 2 lines prefect beauty and b**ch
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 14:50   Link #251
Galaxian

The NPCs and their view of Momonga and other player characters alone puts this anime above most "Kid gets trapped in virtual reality game".

Every time the mention that Momonga was the only "supreme being" who did not abandon them it hits me right in the feels.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 15:40   Link #252
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The NPCs and their view of Momonga and other player characters alone puts this anime above most "Kid gets trapped in virtual reality game".

Every time the mention that Momonga was the only "supreme being" who did not abandon them it hits me right in the feels.
It hits me right in the feels because this means Momonga truly had nothing in life that would keep him from the game. No friends, no family, no lover, nothing, not even work as it only existed to be used for the game. And then this thing which made up his whole life was supposed to be shut down that very day and all he and his guild friends worked on would vanish forever and he would be left alone with his job and nothing else.
Damn, that's depressing. So I'm glad for him to be stuck in this fantasy world as the Overlord of an army of "monsters".
Old 2015-07-19, 19:41   Link #253
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

From my understanding, he does have a life. He simply chose to spend time reminiscing until the very end.

That guild was supposed to be for serious people, no?
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 20:22   Link #254
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
From my understanding, he does have a life. He simply chose to spend time reminiscing until the very end.

That guild was supposed to be for serious people, no?
Yeah, for anyone who's played MMORPGS for years only to find out that most of your friends or guild members have moved on and left you behind is quite a melancholic feeling. I could empathize with him when he remained to the very end of the server shutdown and reminisced about the former glory days of the guild.
Old 2015-07-19, 21:55   Link #255
Galaxian

Yeah, I don't feel sorry for Momonga's real world aspect. Didn't he said that one of the rules to be in the guild was that you needed to be a contributing member of society?

It's the player side that gets to me, because he was the only one who continued playing.
Old 2015-07-19, 23:52   Link #256
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Yeah, I don't feel sorry for Momonga's real world aspect. Didn't he said that one of the rules to be in the guild was that you needed to be a contributing member of society?

It's the player side that gets to me, because he was the only one who continued playing.
My understanding of the situation (I think it has not been mentioned thus is nothing more than random thoughts) is that all members gradually played less and less. Eventually, members stopped playing one by one. Our MC was likely also reducing his playtime as his guild-mates did. He stayed until the very end --- He was there at the beginning. He wanted to be there at the very end.

He was probably staying until the very end to finally turn the page of a great chapter of his life.

*My thoughts*
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 00:10   Link #257
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
My understanding of the situation (I think it has not been mentioned thus is nothing more than random thoughts) is that all members gradually played less and less. Eventually, members stopped playing one by one. Our MC was likely also reducing his playtime as his guild-mates did. He stayed until the very end --- He was there at the beginning. He wanted to be there at the very end.

He was probably staying until the very end to finally turn the page of a great chapter of his life.

*My thoughts*
Some of his comments make it seem as he had not been playing the game as much, particularly when he was looking at the settings for the guardians.

The "funny" thing is that I have a friend that is planing to do something similar when they finally close the Final Fantasy XI servers.
Old 2015-07-20, 02:04   Link #258
cyth
Banned

FFXI is closing? The only MMO I've ever played ... damn.

Surely, the guild was for serious people, but serious in the sense they were working in society. Momonga's real didn't have a life beyond his work and VMMOs. Maybe him staying 'till the end does suggest he cared more for the guild than others, but then again it's also implied that even a bunch of hardworking non-otaku spent considerable amount of time playing, given their achievements.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 02:32   Link #259
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Ain't you sweet. Too bad Momon is a pile of bone now so he can't do any boning.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 10:11   Link #260
Twi

Quote:
Some of his comments make it seem as he had not been playing the game as much, particularly when he was looking at the settings for the guardians.

The "funny" thing is that I have a friend that is planing to do something similar when they finally close the Final Fantasy XI servers.
A lot of players of Shin Megami Imagine MMO did the same as well when the Servers outside of Japan closed. People invest so much of themselves into their games that the loss becomes something tangible.