AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-11-27, 05:01   Link #5301
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Ah. This is my first time ever dealing with partial patches, I'm sorry. :P
Same here . I had a problem one time when it came to updating Ep 4 patch and figured the same issue would be brought up. Well at least the others now know what will work and what won't before the issue arises again.
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 15:41   Link #5302
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari's Twitter
"At the fourth Twilight, scatter the fragments and kill"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari's Twitter
"At the third twilight, assembles the shards and kill."
I'm guessing this is a day countdown till the patch is released?
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 15:45   Link #5303
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Interpret it however you like, you will see if something happens tomorrow or not.
Old 2010-11-27, 19:06   Link #5304
legomaple

1st of all, tuesday thats epic

2nd of all, I did a little thinking about my angel theory for zepar or furfur. But if an angel is genderless, and an angel is a creature from heaven, doesn't the same thing apply to creatures from hell. I mean 'nothing'(genderless) IS indeed different from 'something'(female/male). the traps still remains however, but one can be female and the other genderless. If we bring in a fourth party to the genders, the hermaphrodite, the changes for a trap suddenly increase.

3rd of all, why are my recent posts on this forum all split up in 2/3 thingsXD
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 19:41   Link #5305
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
If you're happy with the download version, that should be up and running by the time the 50% EP7 patch comes out. Which will probably be Tuesday.
Oh hurray! Last night I'd noticed mention of a download version and I was trying to find a thread that explained it more, but I hadn't found it yet. I just found the original announcement about it. Very excited. Thanks for doing this for us guys
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 20:44   Link #5306
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaple View Post
1st of all, tuesday thats epic

2nd of all, I did a little thinking about my angel theory for zepar or furfur. But if an angel is genderless, and an angel is a creature from heaven, doesn't the same thing apply to creatures from hell. I mean 'nothing'(genderless) IS indeed different from 'something'(female/male). the traps still remains however, but one can be female and the other genderless. If we bring in a fourth party to the genders, the hermaphrodite, the changes for a trap suddenly increase.

3rd of all, why are my recent posts on this forum all split up in 2/3 thingsXD
hahaha

You really want them to not be a male and a female, don't you? Sorry, but I highly highly doubt anyone is going to agree with your theory. It's unnecessarily complicated, brings in references not remotely made in Umineko itself, involves serious leaps in logic with no sound reasoning, and in the end it is just severly over-complicating a simple thing.

One of them is a girl. One of them is a boy.

Not to mention "genderless" or, "not of a gender", is not a gender. You can't say the answer to "is of a different gender than" is "they have no gender". So this doesn't even work at all. They both have genders, and neither can be genderless because of this.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 22:29   Link #5307
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
The problem is that first of all, they're not angels, they're demons. And Ronove and Gaap possess gender. Second of all, Being hermaphroditic or Androgynous are SEXES, not GENDERS.

Second of all, they both like to ensnare and trap young boys, obviously implying sexuality, obviously implying that they both have a proper gender assignment. You can't "prey on boys" if you have no bits.
Old 2010-11-27, 22:59   Link #5308
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuali...ian_demonology

(Forgive me for using Wikipedia as a source)

Here it says that demons are typically considered genderless, but who knows.

It's probably easiest, for now, if we assume one of them to be a trap.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 23:12   Link #5309
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Pfft, yea, and none of the Goetic demons match their physical descriptions either. So what?
Old 2010-11-27, 23:42   Link #5310
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuali...ian_demonology

(Forgive me for using Wikipedia as a source)

Here it says that demons are typically considered genderless, but who knows.

It's probably easiest, for now, if we assume one of them to be a trap.
Christain demonology is different from Goetic demonology though, right? I'll admit I'm not the most educated person in the differences between different types of demonology but I am pretty sure they don't mention Zepar and Furfur in the Christian Bible. So what Christains believe demons are have no effect on Umineko. For that matter, even what Goetic demons are described as in that demonology has little to no effect on Umineko, as AuraTwilight pointed out.

Umineko has never followed any of the traditional interpretations for their characters. I'm pretty sure I never saw any of the witches depicted as old hags brewing potions. Ronove definitely doesn't look like an impish monster with a staff either. So bringing in outside reference to Umineko is pointless. The only thing you can relate to Umineko is Umineko. In Umineko, demons clearly have genders.

Zepar and Furfur are a male and a female. I don't understand why this has suddenly just now become an issue. I don't recall anyone trying to ague that Gaap can't be female or should be genderless, especially because Gaap is traditionally male. This is pointless, you can't bring outside demonology studies into Umineko, they just don't add up. Simply enjoy Umineko as it's own world of fiction and accept that one of those two lovely demons has a penis.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 01:25   Link #5311
Thunder Book
Endless Member

The idea of demons being different from what they were based on in mythology and religion brings up interesting ideas about the author theory, at least in my mind.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 01:57   Link #5312
Zero Sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Second of all, Being hermaphroditic or Androgynous are SEXES, not GENDERS.
What? I hope you know sex and gender mean the same thing.
Zero Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 02:06   Link #5313
Digi-Dragon

No. They don't. Sex is biological, gender is societal.

http://www.who.int/gender/whatisgender/en/index.html

As illustrated here.

But this is pointless; one is male, one is female, it's even said in the game.
Digi-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 04:00   Link #5314
De3NJ

Hey, So i'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, but I'm still a bit wary of entering the spoilers and speculation topic :P so ya..
I'm sure some others have noticed, but now that we've gotten all the names of the games, if you play around with the first letters of all the game names, u get
(B)anquet
(A)lliance
(T)urn
(T)wilight
(L)egend
(E)nd
(R)equiem
(D)awn
= BATTLER D
A lot of people were joking around thinking of the D as if it meant BATTLER'D!! XP but i was starting to think the D might have more meaning to something =P maybe a middle name O.o or i dunno, i generally don't think much while reading this story XP Just was wondering what others thought on this since I haven't found much discussion on this.
De3NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 04:09   Link #5315
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It's been noticed before, it's obviously too strange to be a mere coincidence but that the meaning of that "D" is anyone's guess.

The most common suggestions are:

Dear Battler
Detective Battler
Dead Battler

Other suggestions claim that "D" is the initial of a surname, possibly the one he used for six years.

putting all the letters together on an automatic anagram program it gives the following results:

Dart Belt
Drat Belt
Tart Bled

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 07:12   Link #5316
Cao Ni Ma

Dawn being the only one that alludes to a beginning it would be DBATTLER, my interpretation is rather than use the letter we use the phonetic sound. So in the end it would look like The Battler.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 07:44   Link #5317
legomaple

is the last name of Asumu(Battlers actual mom(?)) known yet? maybe it has something to do with something Rudolf wanted to tell Battler and Kyrie.(that is unknown isn't it?). The D that is.

and for Zepar and Furfur...I give up

Last edited by legomaple; 2010-11-28 at 08:29.
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 10:15   Link #5318
Number1-Syaoran-Fan
Your's In Gold, Beatrice

Well Beatrice wrote these stories for Battler, so I'm thinking Dear Battler is probably a good guess

"I... I really like your bow."
Number1-Syaoran-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 10:50   Link #5319
Witch of Uncertainty

Battler wrote and named Dawn, though. The D here is made by Battler himself, isn't it?
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 10:53   Link #5320
moldy_tomato

Reference to One Piece?

Battler D. Ushiromiya
moldy_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation