Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-15, 14:17   Link #141
runset

Spoiler for 17:
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 14:27   Link #142
rpapo

Shh... Seriously though, we already have the script for the next chapter (and it is numbered #18 for some reason). We are now waiting for the Photoshop people to get moving.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 21:57   Link #143
l.kostas

Seven Seas Adds Vampire Bund 2, Clay Lord, Evergreen, Nurse Hitomi's Monster Infirmary

Volume 1 in May 2015. They are already publishing in English the Toradora manga.

Last edited by l.kostas; 2014-06-16 at 23:07.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 01:32   Link #144
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Seven Seas Adds Vampire Bund 2, Clay Lord, Evergreen, Nurse Hitomi's Monster Infirmary

Volume 1 in May 2015. They are already publishing in English the Toradora manga.
If Evergreen has been licensed in English, then we will have to pass the baton to them, even if it means a full year's delay before they even get the first volume out, let alone the third or fourth. It's a shame for the readers, but I myself feel obligated to honor the publisher's rights in this.
Old 2014-06-17, 01:38   Link #145
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
If Evergreen has been licensed in English, then we will have to pass the baton to them, even if it means a full year's delay before they even get the first volume out, let alone the third or fourth. It's a shame for the readers, but I myself feel obligated to honor the publisher's rights in this.
so... no chapter 17? Does that mean you can spoil if they're really related or not?
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 01:50   Link #146
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
so... no chapter 17? Does that mean you can spoil if they're really related or not?
My part in doing chapter 18 (they renumbered the chapter for some reason) is done, in that I translated it, and Yorugata proofed it. If Casanova wants to finish getting it out the door, that is up to them (they've done nothing so far, not even cleaning).

As for spoilers:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-06-17, 02:36   Link #147
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
My part in doing chapter 18 (they renumbered the chapter for some reason) is done, in that I translated it, and Yorugata proofed it. If Casanova wants to finish getting it out the door, that is up to them (they've done nothing so far, not even cleaning).

As for spoilers:
Spoiler:
Oh wow, I wasn't really being serious but thank you.

So you're planning to just recuse yourself personally from the translations from now on?
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 05:04   Link #148
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
So you're planning to just recuse yourself personally from the translations from now on?
Of Evergreen? Yes. Living in the USA as I do, the lawyers for licensed publishers have teeth with which to bite, should they care to do so. Casanova, though, is quite another matter, as they are not based in the United States.

I have plenty of other work to do, in any case. Golden Time, Kyoumen no Silhouette, Nariyuki Tengu, Undead, Boku no Marie... and of course my work on the Golden Time light novel.
Old 2014-06-17, 19:01   Link #149
RightSaidFred

Thanks for all you hard work rpapo.
RightSaidFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 10:53   Link #150
ZeKeR
Superbad

and chapter 18.

so... the author really likes to see what the reactions are when the hammer falls.
Old 2014-07-24, 08:18   Link #151
l.kostas

The next issue of Dengeki Daioh doesn't have a new chapter of Evergreen:
http://daioh.dengeki.com/blog/thismo...0330;売/
Old 2014-07-24, 08:22   Link #152
rpapo

Quote:
The next issue of Dengeki Daioh doesn't have a new chapter of Evergreen:
They said as much at the end of chapter #18. The next chapter will come out in August.
Old 2014-07-31, 12:14   Link #153
l.kostas

There was this so I thought it would be this issue:
Old 2014-07-31, 12:20   Link #154
rpapo

Quote:
There was this so I thought it would be this issue:
I'll look again when I get home, but I don't remember seeing Evergreen in either of the two indices this month. I received the issue two days ago.

Looking back at it, I see that it's been two months since I started working on chapter 18...

Not that I have any plans of scanlating this chapter, since the series has now been licensed for publication in the USA. Spoilers are quite another matter, though...

UPDATE: I got out the Dengeki Daioh 2014-9 issue, which was released July 26th, and arrived here two days ago via DHL. I flipped slowly through the whole thing, all 800+ pages of it. There was no trace of Evergreen there. Which is odd, since it has been two months since the last chapter came out, and this was the issue they promised the next chapter would be in.

Last edited by rpapo; 2014-07-31 at 16:12. Reason: Updated after getting home.
Old 2014-08-25, 09:24   Link #155
l.kostas

There isn't a new chapter this time too. There wasn't supposed to be a chapter anyway since it is bimonthly, but because there wasn't one in the previous issue they might put one this time. It looks like they will stick to the shedule and have one in the next issue.

Last edited by l.kostas; 2014-08-25 at 15:09.
Old 2014-08-25, 09:52   Link #156
rpapo

Quote:
http://daioh.dengeki.com/blog/thismo...70;/#more-3508

There isn't a new chapter this time too. There wasn't supposed to be a chapter anyway since it is bimonthly, but because there wasn't one in the previous issue they might put one this time. It looks like they will stick to the shedule and have one in the next issue.
Time will tell. I wonder whether her jumping to another publisher with that new book of hers has anything to do with this?
Old 2014-08-25, 16:15   Link #157
csuree
The Most Hated™

Considering that Evergreen has a relatively small fan base compared to other creations of her. It might have been put on hiatus for a while.
I really miss it.

Another thing I would have liked to ask you now because you said you will refrain form helping with the fan-based translation because it was licensed. If this will get licensed and translated by an English speaking publisher, but dropped because of lack of interest, will you or will you not resume helping with the fan-based one?

I'm dying to know what the end will be. But knowing "Sensei" she will give us something unexpected, like in Golden Time.(still couldn't swallow and digest that kind of ending; so sad and happy at the same time),

Woahh.. Clicked on the link and the first pic disgusted me xD....(Miyuki from Mahouka; I genuinely hate her)
Old 2014-08-25, 16:30   Link #158
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Another thing I would have liked to ask you now because you said you will refrain form helping with the fan-based translation because it was licensed. If this will get licensed and translated by an English speaking publisher, but dropped because of lack of interest, will you or will you not resume helping with the fan-based one?
I'll deal with that question if and when it comes up. Whatever happens, it may be years before the English version appears in print anyway . . . unless they take the web publishing route like CrunchyRoll.
Old 2014-08-25, 16:36   Link #159
csuree
The Most Hated™

Years?? Ohh MY...G...
That is waaay too long....That is like the Walkman arriving to us When everybody already has mp3 players....
Well this was expected. Now I know the main reason why one learns Japanese. To cut the waiting time the translation needs.
Should have known better and learned Jap years ago....Well it is not too late either, so I'm gonna do just that.
Old 2014-09-25, 10:09   Link #160
l.kostas

This time there is an Evergreen chapter. Despite what it looks like it was missing only one month, since it is bimonthly.

Tags
drama, romance, school life