Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-09-25, 10:24   Link #161
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
http://daioh.dengeki.com/blog/thismo...0330;売/

This time there is an Evergreen chapter. Despite what it looks like it was missing only one month, since it is bimonthly.
Yes, but then why did we see three months in a row? (April, May, June) And then a promise for August which was not kept until October?

"Enquiring minds want to know"
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 00:47   Link #162
RightSaidFred

Inquiring minds also want to know what's in the chapter
RightSaidFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 03:56   Link #163
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightSaidFred View Post
Inquiring minds also want to know what's in the chapter
I just got the shipping confirmation e-mail for the latest issue of Dengeki Daioh this morning, so perhaps Monday or Tuesday I, at least, will know something. About Evergreen's story-line, that is.
Old 2014-09-28, 01:02   Link #164
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
I just got the shipping confirmation e-mail for the latest issue of Dengeki Daioh this morning, so perhaps Monday or Tuesday I, at least, will know something. About Evergreen's story-line, that is.
Sweet!

Thanks.
Old 2014-09-30, 18:43   Link #165
rpapo

Received the issue, a day later than DHL originally promised. They can't seem to settle on a chapter numbering scheme, as this chapter is once more numbered 18. It is, however, the logical continuation of what happened in the previous chapter.

Without going to the time and trouble of doing a precise translation,
Spoiler:

In addition, there are two pages of dense text entitled "Yuyupo's Book Chat" afterwards. No doubt some sort of chatty commentary by Takemiya herself.
Old 2014-10-01, 01:06   Link #166
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Received the issue, a day later than DHL originally promised. They can't seem to settle on a chapter numbering scheme, as this chapter is once more numbered 18. It is, however, the logical continuation of what happened in the previous chapter.
Thanks.

Very nice. So far Takemiya is not backing away - loving it. However, the last time this happened - when Niki avoided Hotaka over On - it took four chapters to resolve. So, if it's a misunderstanding this could go on for a couple chapters before it's cleared up.
Old 2014-10-01, 02:10   Link #167
dark44

so there is still no news about if they are really blood rleated or not is this going to the big drama in the manga and well not resolve untill the end
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 04:42   Link #168
Tenzen12

I don't think there is anything to misunderstand, even if they happened not be blood related somehow, her conclusions would still be mostly correct. Afterall they have same father not think it into consequences would be foolish.
Old 2014-10-01, 23:58   Link #169
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't think there is anything to misunderstand, even if they happened not be blood related somehow, her conclusions would still be mostly correct. Afterall they have same father not think it into consequences would be foolish.
I agree. However, manga writers have a tendency for ass-pulls. So while all facts point to them being related - it's not beyond the realm of possibility for Takemiya to pull something out of her ass and say they're not.
Old 2014-10-02, 08:38   Link #170
l.kostas

Quote:
I agree. However, manga writers have a tendency for ass-pulls. So while all facts point to them being related - it's not beyond the realm of possibility for Takemiya to pull something out of her ass and say they're not.
In her works Takemiya even though she puts lots of comedy, in the course of the story she puts lots of drama at some point, she has at least one of the characters suffer, in a bad emotional condition like Niki right now.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 00:47   Link #171
RightSaidFred

Quote:
In her works Takemiya even though she puts lots of comedy, in the course of the story she puts lots of drama at some point, she has at least one of the characters suffer, in a bad emotional condition like Niki right now.
Though Takemiya has drama in her stories, she hasn't gone back on the established facts of the story. The drama is a natural progression of events that proceeded it. That is, there was no ass-pull. In Golden Time, after having established Banri and Koko in a relationship she did not go change that to Banri & Linda. Toradora was even more straightforward. The only story with a lack of clarity was Watashitachi no Tamura-kun and that had more to do with the manga being less clear than the light novel; in terms of which girl Yukisada ended up with.

So based on the established facts in Evergreen, one would not expect Takemiya to go back and say, just kidding Niki and Hotaka aren't really related. Since the story is not about the two of them getting together, like in Toradora, but about the relationship, as in Golden Time, I wouldn't expect Takemiya to clear a path for them as lovers. Since family is the central theme to the story, it might mean the resolution is Niki's acceptance of Hotaka as her brother, which would fill the emptiness she feels from the loss of their father.
Old 2014-10-13, 11:02   Link #172
Meat2004

I just started reading this entire thing this morning. Niki's anger issues or at least how she decides to display her anger is a bit much. Realizing that you're in love with your sibling isn't the end of the world imo, but it could also be that she has a burning hatred for him due to the possibility that he's the reason her "dad" left.
Meat2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 12:18   Link #173
Breimoon

If you take the images shown literally , did she kill her father in law?(her sibling blood father)
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 14:58   Link #174
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat2004 View Post
I just started reading this entire thing this morning. Niki's anger issues or at least how she decides to display her anger is a bit much. Realizing that you're in love with your sibling isn't the end of the world imo, but it could also be that she has a burning hatred for him due to the possibility that he's the reason her "dad" left.
That's a possibility because it is an over reaction. However, I would table that interpretation and focus more on her feelings for Hotaka. Her reaction seems more in line with her losing something precious. Meaning she found the love of her life and now she can't be with him. Reading chapter 17, she wasn't cursing Hotaka, she did not despise him. She was in fact cursing her mother for stealing Hotaka's father and cursing her (Niki's) own birth; because she can't be with Hotaka. So anger/hatred is more about not being able to be with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
If you take the images shown literally , did she kill her father in law?(her sibling blood father)

Those were dream sequences. She didn't kill her father. It's father not father in-law. They have the same father but different mothers.
Old 2014-10-16, 13:25   Link #175
rpapo

Quote:
They have the same father but different mothers.
Or at least that is what are being led to believe. For certain, Niki thinks it to be the case. Hotaka has no idea what is going on right now.
Old 2014-10-17, 00:50   Link #176
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Or at least that is what are being led to believe. For certain, Niki thinks it to be the case. Hotaka has no idea what is going on right now.
Yes yes kill joy.

Ass-pull endings aside, the fact that Niki recognized her father in Hotaka is a pretty clear sign. Again, ass-pull endings being in play, Takemiya could certainly come up with something where they are not related.
Old 2014-10-19, 23:32   Link #177
Meat2004

I think she should stay on the route of them begin related. Though it may cause some people to hate it, I feel that their characters and relationship can grow more with this way. I can only beg that this not haven an Aki Sora ending.
Meat2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 11:59   Link #178
l.kostas

To think the new Dengeki Daioh issue was published today. From the scanlators site:
PROJECT STATUS
Evergreen - Translating (chapter 19)

There doesn't seem to be a new Golden Time or Toradora chapter in the lineup:
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 19:17   Link #179
RightSaidFred

Quote:
To think the new Dengeki Daioh issue was published today. From the scanlators site:
PROJECT STATUS
Evergreen - Translating (chapter 19)

There doesn't seem to be a new Golden Time or Toradora chapter in the lineup:
Thanks for the update.

Just as a FYI [the scanlators] accept the incest premise.

Quote: "Even though incest is looming on the horizon, we personally think that half siblings have enough genetic difference that it's unlikely to cause any crazy problems unless they have a bad gene pool. Regardless, they could get that shit checked and if it looks bad, adopt. Of course, the problem is deeper than that for Niki as she has a lot of emotional problems surrounding the whole thing. We can only hope the author will gracefully guide us through this dark tunnel."

Looking forward to chapter 19.

Last edited by Flower; 2014-12-12 at 15:38. Reason: Please do not specifically mention groups involved in scanlation.
Old 2014-12-02, 06:15   Link #180
rpapo

At the end of the new chapter in Dengeki Daioh 2015-1:
Spoiler:
Are you scared yet?

Tags
drama, romance, school life