AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-03-05, 09:33   Link #201
dark44

good thing that another group picked it and they are giving alot of hints about them being sibling but i think it is going to be false alarm
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 09:39   Link #202
obnuchious

how could that be a false alarm when it was shown in the previous chapters...
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 09:43   Link #203
rpapo

I received the latest chapter last night. Things are getting more and more emotional, and the end of the chapter has Hotaka running off for reasons I didn't try to translate for myself...

FWIW, I stopped translating it because I choose to honor the licensing system, however frustrating it may be in terms of delays, and sometimes in quality. Seven Seas has the license, and shows the first three volumes out on Amazon already, though they haven't yet released the volumes for sale yet.

ISBN 978-1-626921-50-4 2015-05-12 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1626921504
ISBN 978-1-626921-68-9 2015-08-11 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1626921687
ISBN 978-1-626922-12-9 2015-11-17 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1626922128
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 16:45   Link #204
Sejuro
Ghost Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
Things are getting more and more emotional, and the end of the chapter has Hotaka running off for reasons I didn't try to translate for myself...
Is it that bad?
Spoiler for ?:
Sejuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 17:18   Link #205
rpapo

Chapter 22 (what I received yesterday), starts out rather reflective, but not at all suicidal. At least not for Hotaka. There are various images which cast doubt on Niki's state of mind, however.
Spoiler:
Old 2015-03-05, 19:05   Link #206
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Chapter 22 (what I received yesterday), starts out rather reflective, but not at all suicidal. At least not for Hotaka. There are various images which cast doubt on Niki's state of mind, however.
Niki is the one at risk of suicide, not Hotaka. Niki is the one displaying classic signs of depression. If Takemiya has the guts to pull that off I will give her much applause. It would be very much like Ophelia. That would indeed be an amazing ending.
RightSaidFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 11:13   Link #207
l.kostas

Quote:
Spoiler:
http://daioh.dengeki.com/blog/thismonth/
■最終回
『エバーグリーン』 原作:竹宮ゆゆこ 作画:カスカベアキラ

Last edited by l.kostas; 2015-03-25 at 11:29.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 11:58   Link #208
Sejuro
Ghost Member

Heh, final episode, I can already see some f***** up (Hotaka arrives at the cottage, sees Niki's dead body (suicide) and dies by a heart failure/attack...), rushed ending. Damnit.
Sejuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 12:02   Link #209
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Well Evergreen was a big fail coming from the author.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 13:06   Link #210
Tenzen12

Axed already huh? Well, as things are now, it's impossible make ending satisfactory.
Old 2015-03-27, 00:49   Link #211
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
Well Evergreen was a big fail coming from the author.
Because you wanted Niki and Hotaka to end up together?

Evergreen is hardly a failure and it's not rushed. The story had already hit its climax, so it wasn't going to continue for much longer. It's at a perfect point to end.

The million dollar question is what kind of ending will Takemiya provide. Will she bring the lovers together with a gigantic ass-pull ending? Will one of the characters die? Will they be friends? Evergreen is tragic love story that screams for a Wagnerian ending. However, given that manga readers have such delicate constitutions, I wouldn't doubt Takemiya goes for a soft ending with at a minimum Niki and Hotaka being friends.
Old 2015-03-27, 01:14   Link #212
Habernero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightSaidFred View Post

Evergreen is hardly a failure and it's not rushed. The story had already hit its climax, so it wasn't going to continue for much longer. It's at a perfect point to end.

The million dollar question is what kind of ending will Takemiya provide. Will she bring the lovers together with a gigantic ass-pull ending? Will one of the characters die? Will they be friends? Evergreen is tragic love story that screams for a Wagnerian ending. However, given that manga readers have such delicate constitutions, I wouldn't doubt Takemiya goes for a soft ending with at a minimum Niki and Hotaka being friends.
It's definitely a rushed ending since Nikki is missing a ton of backstory on her motivation for stabbing people as well as why her father was so irreplaceable to her as well as why her relationship with her mother is so poor. Hotaka is missing a ton a development as well. Also because of the rushed ending there really wasn't much of love story between Hotaka and Nikki. They got through half a date as a couple and that was about it. I think the series had plenty of things to fill and as of right now it isn't very compelling. For a Takemiya work it certainly is lacking compared to the writer's other works.
Habernero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 22:16   Link #213
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habernero View Post
It's definitely a rushed ending since Nikki is missing a ton of backstory on her motivation for stabbing people as well as why her father was so irreplaceable to her as well as why her relationship with her mother is so poor. Hotaka is missing a ton a development as well. Also because of the rushed ending there really wasn't much of love story between Hotaka and Nikki. They got through half a date as a couple and that was about it. I think the series had plenty of things to fill and as of right now it isn't very compelling. For a Takemiya work it certainly is lacking compared to the writer's other works.
-Why her father was irreplaceable to her?Uhm,if he was nice to her and loved him dearly prior to him leaving,wouldn't that be the answer?

-about her mother,it was in a chapter were she thinks how her mother stole another child's father could be the main reason.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 22:36   Link #214
Habernero

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
-Why her father was irreplaceable to her?Uhm,if he was nice to her and loved him dearly prior to him leaving,wouldn't that be the answer?

-about her mother,it was in a chapter were she thinks how her mother stole another child's father could be the main reason.
So she hates her mother for taking another child's father but doesn't hate Hotaka's father for abandoning his child to spend time with her? Quite a double standard she has there. I think the story would have been better served if it expanded upon the relationships between her and Hotaka's father as well as her biological mother. I get that she loves Hotaka's father but what exactly did he do to become such a irreplaceable figure for her that she despises Hotaka for it? Right now she is lacking in backstory for the reader to sympathize with her situation. As of right now she seems like a girl that is off her rocker since the Author hasn't yet set the foundation for her actions.
Old 2015-03-29, 01:38   Link #215
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habernero View Post
First, Niki did not stab anyone. That was a dream sequence.

Second, Niki's father left her to go to Hotaka. A parent walking out on a child is traumatic. Knowing that your parent left you for another person can make you angry and bitter.

Third, you must have ignored the first eleven chapters to not have seen the romance develop between the two characters. Everything up until the date was the love story.

All the development is in the story, it's just it did not play out to your expectations.
Old 2015-03-29, 01:48   Link #216
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:

What are you talking about? stop deluding. My point is why the author rushed the manga so badly, because this cleary going to be in a ass-pull end as you said, this manga was a trainwreck from the start, with forced drama and painfully rushed even when Takemiya has so much to do not only about the main characters and plot, she can easily do a good job but this time she fails so hard. That's why this is a bad manga even if you like it and try to deny this fact.

Also you said "All the development is in the story, it's just it did not play out to your expectations. ", what development are you talking about? this manga doesn't even have development, is poorly developed and deserves a low qualification because Takemiya just destroyed her own work.

You're the only one here thinking in the wrong way just because you like this manga, but in the end you cant deny the fact that this is a bad job coming from the author.
Old 2015-03-29, 02:00   Link #217
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
What are you talking about? stop deluding. My point is why the author rushed the manga so badly, because this cleary going to be in a ass-pull end as you said, this manga was a trainwreck from the start, with forced drama and painfully rushed even when Takemiya has so much to do not only about the main characters and plot, she can easily do a good job but this time she fails so hard. That's why this is a bad manga even if you like it and try to deny this fact.

Also you said "All the development is in the story, it's just it did not play out to your expectations. ", what development are you talking about? this manga doesn't even have development, is poorly developed and deserves a low qualification because Takemiya just destroyed her own work.
Your point? You didn't have a point. All you said was "Well Evergreen was a big fail coming from the author. " You did not explain why it was a failure.

The story was pretty straight forward. So what was missing? What development did you need to make you feel better.
Old 2015-03-29, 02:10   Link #218
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:
Your point? You didn't have a point. All you said was "Well Evergreen was a big fail coming from the author. " You did not explain why it was a failure.

The story was pretty straight forward. So what was missing? What development did you need to make you feel better.
I summarized in one sentence the lazy job the author do in this manga, but I can see you like this a lot and you're not even open to discuss about that.

Even with that, this manga is bad because:
-Rushed the ending
-Poor character development
-Forced drama and unconvincing story
-Was good the first half but the second part was terrible and as @Habernero said, the series had plenty of things to develop, but the author does nothing with those things

These are facts and I'm not the only one here who thinks in that way, so deal with it.
Old 2015-03-29, 02:37   Link #219
Habernero

Quote:
First, Niki did not stab anyone. That was a dream sequence.

Second, Niki's father left her to go to Hotaka. A parent walking out on a child is traumatic. Knowing that your parent left you for another person can make you angry and bitter.

Third, you must have ignored the first eleven chapters to not have seen the romance develop between the two characters. Everything up until the date was the love story.

All the development is in the story, it's just it did not play out to your expectations.

First, in manga dream sequences are usually based of reality especially the disturbing ones. This author in particular uses dream sequences with a basis in reality. So Niki probably did stab someone.

Second, what exactly makes her father to special that she hates her mother so much. Her mother was the parent that stuck with her yet she vents her hate at her mother who stuck with her instead of the father that left. Or what is so despicable about her mother that her father who walked out her looks great in comparison. The motivation for Niki's hate really wasn't indicated by author. It was barely touched at all which makes the story incomplete.

Third, the initial chapters were pretty much the two of them noticing each other. They really didn't have that much interaction at all. Basically the only thing that kept them together was their father situation particularly in Niki's case. Once that was gone they had nothing left. That really isn't much of a love story. You can pretty much sum up the story as this: Two people meet who attracted to each because they were dealing with a loss of a father. Then they found out they actually have the same father who left the girl for the guy. They break up because of this. The End. Besides the shock factor this doesn't make up a good story at all. The reader never really gets a chance to sympathize with Niki nor is that moved that much by the break up since there wasn't much of a relationship in the first place. This work was rushed and lacking especially compared with the other work from this author.
Old 2015-03-31, 18:31   Link #220
rpapo

Received the latest Dengeki Daioh last night, opened it up about an hour ago. After being unable to answer the questions from another person as to how exactly it turned out, I went through every page of the chapter and wrote up a brief summary of each page.
Spoiler:

Tags
drama, romance, school life