AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-21, 22:24   Link #9341
Gravitas Free Zone

The SU-85B is very effective; final gun hits hard (kills virtually all Tier 4 mediums in two shots within 8 seconds) and is fairly accurate, and it has a very long view range combined with very high camo values.

Weaknesses are horrible gun travel, requiring you to move the hull fairly often unless you have a good lane picked out, as well as only shooting from flat surfaces, and an open top combined with totally useless armor. If you get seen, and get shot, you're dead.

However, the 390-meter view range and camo value mean that in most cases you can find a way to utilize The Importance Of Not Being Seen.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 22:42   Link #9342
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, it looks like a fair deal, I'll get it in my third acc when it goes on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
.......in most cases you can find a way to utilize The Importance Of Not Being Seen.
That last line reminded me of that infamous Monty Python sketch
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 22:45   Link #9343
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
That last line reminded me of that infamous Monty Python sketch
But of course.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-08-22, 00:28   Link #9344
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

talking about ww ii tanks made me watch some hetalia, then laughed, then watch some more hetalia.

yeah i do agree on the 85B being one of the most deadly TDs at tier 4 for its tier, since the hetz has derp and a 75er gun and as well as the T40 that has derp and a 76er gun, but the 85B is prolly the best TD non-turret out there, tho i bet other TDs will out shoot ur reload time in it. and on top of that the hetz can be pretty bouncy if ur shootin it from the front for its own tiering... so i'm not sure if an 85B will bounce as well.

i think the matilda could bounce shots from the front as well.
Old 2013-08-22, 00:38   Link #9345
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The 85B get's penned by everything (even tier 1), don't trust the wet paper armor will bounce or absorb anything.

The maty and hetz have very troll armors to speak off, those magic sideskirts on the maty that eat shells like a fat kid eat burgers in mcdonalds. And the hetz with that f*cking bouncinium front pisses me off.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 01:47   Link #9346
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
What pisses me off most is heavies acting like TDs, while meds are getting into brawlingmatches with heavies, while TDs need to spot because the lights already commited suicide
Justifying us medium players, we often have to get into losing brawlingmatches with enemy heavies because our heavies are playing TDs and being little pieces of cowardly scums that they are.

It's not the best idea in the world; maybe it is indeed better to camp than to die, or at least serve as surrogate scouts when all the lights are gone. However, it's just not in some of our mindsets to camp. It's the difference between the 50er and the 55er mediums, and the 55er and the 60er+ mediums. The 50er camps a lot, while the 60er unicorn knows when to camp and when to lolstompcarry. The 55er is there because he has ingrained the lesson of always fighting and contributing, which makes him fundamentally more useful to the team than the 50er, but not the subtler lesson of practiced caution, conserved force, when not to die a sacrifice for the lemmings*, and the right moment -- timing and location, which can be extremely complex (depending as well on the positioning of your allies and enemies, and their relative classes, health, and assumed skill level) -- to turn a game.

Note that this recklessness is fundamentally different in motivation, purpose, and skill level than the typical lolfirstminutesuicide of the Useless Ones.

I should know. I'm still learning. It is hard to relearn camping and not feel like a useless piece of failure. In Redshire, with those thrice-cursed ultimate camper's hills, I always want to camp on those fucking hills for once, let somebody else scout, and snipe, but always, always, I feel ultimately useless and not contributing, so I move about, scout forward, battle at the fringes, or compromise and stay in the rather dangerous forward southerly position on the great central ridge when I start in the north.

Don't believe me? Look at your 55er medium players in matches and you'll sometimes see them die stupidly doing little damage in the frontlines, trying to fight, and their heavies notably nowhere near the engagement point. Then you see them again and they're wolfpacking their way curbstomping everything in sight with a better team, doing unicorn-class damage.

Last edited by Irenicus; 2013-08-22 at 02:00.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 01:57   Link #9347
Sumeragi
Banned

Finally turning around a grim weekend.

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 09:33   Link #9348
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Don't believe me? Look at your 55er medium players in matches and you'll sometimes see them die stupidly doing little damage in the frontlines, trying to fight, and their heavies notably nowhere near the engagement point. Then you see them again and they're wolfpacking their way curbstomping everything in sight with a better team, doing unicorn-class damage.
I agree. *Most* of what separates good from great is consistency. 55 - 60% might sound like a lot, but in actually you're only winning 1 more match every 20 matches. Most players are capable of great play. It's just the problem of executing it consistently and against averse circumstances.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 10:34   Link #9349
Sumeragi
Banned

E-50 Ausf. M drivers, 0.8.8 will get interesting for you.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 11:03   Link #9350
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Had a great weekend, which involved learning to carry... skills which where promptly lost when I went back to work.

The more I play, the more I regret not getting the KV-1 and M4 2 years ago. I think if I had those two tanks, I might not have quit for so long out of frustration. Then again, I'm only actively playing because of [VLCTY] nowadays. Sharing war stories is a pretty fun aspect, all things considered.

By my own count, throughout this month I'd gotten the 30 kills event four times, which I suppose is decent enough given my limited play time and my scheduling. A lot of that, IMO, can be attributed to my M4 derp. I unlocked the 76mm and experimented with it... it's a good gun, but I find that for my particular style, I rely on alpha damage, which HE gives me, and that tends to be a bit more reliable compared to the 76mm. Plus, seeing a T3 or a T4 run past and nailing it with a single shot is always theraputic. ALso, I managed to kill a Tiger at long range with my derp, albeit it took me something like 8 rounds to do that.

Sunday night was one of the best nights I've had; started playing at 11pm, by 2am had the thirty kills. I was helped by a pretty decent match (well, killwise). That said, Carry Harder was my theme that night.

Images

We start north. I take the bridge, and a whole bunch of lights and T3 TDs get wiped out. From the bridge, I kill the lights that are attacking, as well as an M4A2E4 down in the valley. Then I cross the bridge, go around the corner, and kill a Matilda and an M4. Then as this is going on, the rest of my team gets wiped out. Meanwhile KinG_Tires (T1 heavy) is almost singlehandedly reaching the cap. Everyone else in the enemy team is pushing our cap. I get tied up for a minute killing the Wolverine, then slowly move up. At which point the Chi-Ha is begging me to cap, and says that he'll reset. He spends about 3 minutes SITTING STILL, PROMISING HE WILL RESET, instead of moving back towards cap. Meanwhile, KinG_Tires almost hits cap (like 50 meters away), then turns around and decides to head back to reset. I'm already more than halfway from the enemy cap, so I tell that T1 to just start capping, I'll head back to kill them all, and Chi-Ha get a fucking move on.

I actually arrive at cap BEFORE the Chi-Ha. With broken tracks, I get there BEFORE HIM. Jesus fucking Christ. At which point the enemy succeeds in capping.

Still, the next match was a bit better:

Images

I was basically a one-tank army. We were pushing north when this Churchill pops and tries to flank; I damage him and the Pz IV Bersick nails him with a derp, then he gets derped. The rest of the tanks - TWO! Pz IVs no less! - get killed by the KV-1. I manage to get lucky and track the KV, then start firing at weakpoints. Then I move up and kill everything in my way. Hetzer tried to Hetz us, but went after the Lee that was following me; 2 rounds sort him out. Lee fires almost 12 rounds at Matilda to no effect; I take him out in 3 hits. Then I move up and basically oneshot the Sexton, Bison and Wolverine; the first 2 as they try to ambush me, the last as it has its rear to me, trying to kill another of our TDs.

Also, earlier tonight, I managed to get Brothers In Arms while platooning with the [VLCTY] crew.

The money I earned has been quite useful, since I managed to level enough to get the KV-1S, and I'm now grinding for the turret and then the derpgun.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 11:36   Link #9351
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Whenever I play I learned when it's go to go in guns blazing and when I can afford to absorb shots hell I even get really lucky and earn Spartan when there are those times where you need to camp becuz the flank is undefended. Then you get surprised and manage a win after your team lemming wiped and you got one or two backing up your slow troll tank. Then you play extremely smart making it harder for the enemy to hit your weak spots by moving around while you reload and in the end you may or may not survive but still end up with a win.
Old 2013-08-22, 11:54   Link #9352
Blaat

Just bought 2 million credits worth of equipment. I love equipment discounts.
Old 2013-08-22, 12:04   Link #9353
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

As I play it more, I'm just finding the T1 Heavy tank to be better and better. It's high mobility and decent frontal armor make it a flexible tank that can fill several roles at whim. Darn everyone who says it's a bad tank.

Images
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 12:12   Link #9354
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
E-50 Ausf. M drivers, 0.8.8 will get interesting for you.
Does it turn into a free Leopard 1?
Old 2013-08-22, 12:29   Link #9355
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Looks like the Tigers are going to get some serious buffs.

Good news indeed. The Tiger would finally be competitive, it seems.

Oh, even the E-75 get speed & maneuverability buff? Ohhhhh... ohhh...

- Tak (Happy kitty!)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 12:41   Link #9356
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I might just buy back my E-50.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 12:42   Link #9357
Gravitas Free Zone

Eh, the E-75's speed didn't even bother me that much, it was that the top gun had a horrible ROF.
Old 2013-08-22, 12:48   Link #9358
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Eh, the E-75's speed didn't even bother me that much, it was that the top gun had a horrible ROF.
Well, it is not the complete list, so we will see. The Tiger's alleged speed buff wasn't listed at the moment, either.

Hopefully, the ROF would be improved. However slightly.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 13:05   Link #9359
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

i don't really need buffs except for the tiger, but the tp is good as it is, as long as you don't let ppl side shot you and stuff, but i consider the tp a troll tank.

idk about u guys, but the E-75 is good as it is too, the gun is the same gun from the Maus, the armor if angled properly is a troll tank, the spd is decent enough after gettin everythin all upgraded.
Old 2013-08-22, 16:22   Link #9360
Gravitas Free Zone

The E-100 and Maus's armor is the only thing that saves them from being at the bad end of the burst DPM game.

Images
CHART!

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks