AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-05, 11:16   Link #381
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Okay, got it to work. Thanks. But how do you get stuff fromt he store that you have to pay for; the Code Geass costumes (which it seems also come with unique skills for their respective characters) cost 500 yen each. I wouldn't think that just using a US Playstation Network money card would work. Would it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
The difference between a import ps3 console was, where they were build (JPN/ROC not sure if they are build in PRC as well) and the blu-ray, dvd and ps2 region coding nothing else.
Just remember if you switch accounts the save files are not shared.
I meant for JP games, such as Another Century's Episode R. I stuck in the game disc after I got my accound going to try, but there was no software update prompt. It could be possible that there simply isn't a software update for it, but given there are a good number of bugs and glitches in the game, I would hope they'd make a glitch fix update for the game.
Old 2010-12-05, 11:18   Link #382
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Okay, got it to work. Thanks. But how do you get stuff fromt he store that you have to pay for; the Code Geass costumes (which it seems also come with unique skills for their respective characters) cost 500 yen each. I wouldn't think that just using a US Playstation Network money card would work. Would it?
Sides already answered that question for you.
Old 2010-12-05, 11:52   Link #383
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hmm, how do you buy PSN credits online? To be honest, I've never bought antying on Playstation Store yet, lol. I've just downloaded some free stuff. (none of the games I have have any downloadable content I'm really interested anyway)
Old 2010-12-05, 12:16   Link #384
Sides

Quote:
Hmm, how do you buy PSN credits online? To be honest, I've never bought antying on Playstation Store yet, lol. I've just downloaded some free stuff. (none of the games I have have any downloadable content I'm really interested anyway)
Play-asia, Ncsx and other import shops sells them, the are called "Playstation Network Ticket" now. Before you buy anything consider getting a HK or taiwan account, some things work out cheaper, since asia releases are the same as the jpn. But i don't think TOG:F dlc are up on the asian servers.

As for updates, i use to play demon's souls (asia copy) on my eu account and got the updates, irc. But normally i log in to the account with the same region as with the game, because of potential dlc purchase.

This is so off-topic now ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 12:47   Link #385
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I personally find it nice when people help out another person destroy their false beliefs that you're unable to access and buy from the Japanese playstation store. ^_^

Though it can be annoying to look for the Playstation Network cards and they can be pretty pricey. But damn they're so worth it.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 14:23   Link #386
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Anyway It made me happy to hear the game was being re-released on the PS3 seeing as how I'm not really interested in play Rpgs on the wii.
Why does the system you play it on even matter?
Old 2010-12-05, 15:20   Link #387
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Why does the system you play it on even matter?
Hey pal it's been a while. Anyway it matters mainly due to the fact that to me certain games feel more comfortable on certain systems with CERTAIN controllers.

Like how I'm totally uncomfortable playing a Sonic game using the Wii-mote....But I suck it up abyway
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 18:28   Link #388
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

And 720p picture fitting an HD screen is better than 480p picture that is either filling up part of the HD screen or needs to be stretched to fill it.
Old 2010-12-06, 03:34   Link #389
Sides

Quote:
And 720p picture fitting an HD screen is better than 480p picture that is either filling up part of the HD screen or needs to be stretched to fill it.
Anything, but dude, no. Not this. Fix resolution panel, is a bad panel (unless it is oled, sed or whatever, which isn't widespread on the market yet). So 720p rescaled on a 1920x1080p or 1366x768p native panel will look crap as well a 480p on 1080p native display. However TV with good scaler will give you a decent image.
So don't bring up this issue ever up again.
Old 2010-12-06, 10:40   Link #390
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Anything, but dude, no. Not this. Fix resolution panel, is a bad panel (unless it is oled, sed or whatever, which isn't widespread on the market yet). So 720p rescaled on a 1920x1080p or 1366x768p native panel will look crap as well a 480p on 1080p native display. However TV with good scaler will give you a decent image.
So don't bring up this issue ever up again.
You do realize that pretty much ALL PS3 games use 720p and not 1080p for standard gameplay, right? Cutscenes sometimes get 1080p, but the standard gameplay where you control the game and gameplay is 720p in 99% of games. Why do you think it only says up to 720p on the back of most PS3 games? Even when it includes 1080p/1080i on the back of the package, those are just for the cutscenes.

And I only say 99%/most of games to be on the safe side; I haven't played any games that use full 1080p in their gameplay.
Old 2010-12-06, 12:24   Link #391
Sides

Quote:
You do realize that pretty much ALL PS3 games use 720p and not 1080p for standard gameplay, right? Cutscenes sometimes get 1080p, but the standard gameplay where you control the game and gameplay is 720p in 99% of games. Why do you think it only says up to 720p on the back of most PS3 games? Even when it includes 1080p/1080i on the back of the package, those are just for the cutscenes.

And I only say 99%/most of games to be on the safe side; I haven't played any games that use full 1080p in their gameplay.
Err, that was what i'm saying. This generation consoles + fix resolution panels is the biggest screw up for everyone, it doesn't matter it it has to be rescaled to 1024x720, 1024x768, 1366x768p or 1920x1080p. And it started so promising with the ps3 launch titles. RR7 is 1080p and couple of early demo are as well, besides stuff from psn.
Besides some newer ps3 titles are sub 720p to keep the frame rate steady.
Old 2010-12-06, 12:52   Link #392
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Err, that was what i'm saying.
Exactly, hence my point that all PS3 games already use 720p, which means you're arguing against my comment about 720p resolution for Tales of Graces F when all PS3 games use 720p. So isn't it kind of pointless to say you hate 720p on a 1080p screen since all PS3 games are 720p and have been since the beginning?

And in my experience, 720p still looks great on 1080p HDs, frame rate and all. (and I've gone through 3 different HDTVs with my PS3)
Old 2010-12-06, 13:11   Link #393
Sides

Quote:
Exactly, hence my point that all PS3 games already use 720p, which means you're arguing against my comment about 720p resolution for Tales of Graces F when all PS3 games use 720p. So isn't it kind of pointless to say you hate 720p on a 1080p screen since all PS3 games are 720p and have been since the beginning?

And in my experience, 720p still looks great on 1080p HDs, frame rate and all. (and I've gone through 3 different HDTVs with my PS3)
Well done dude! you manage to fry my brain.
What i was saying is that regardless of wii, ps3, 360, ps2 or what not, if a game looks crappy on a TV, then it is the TV's fault, because of the technology it is using, like 2nd rate scaling process, panel technology, filtering aso. So using the resolution to argue superiority of one console over another is just wrong. Besides RR7 was a launch title, so it is like going from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 to 960x1080 to 960x720 to 960x544. If we are lucky will end up getting 480p at the end of this generation...it is a joke
Old 2010-12-06, 13:21   Link #394
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
What i was saying is that regardless of wii, ps3, 360, ps2 or what not, if a game looks crappy on a TV, then it is the TV's fault,
I know that's what you're saying, which is why I said that I've played my PS3 on 3 different HDTVs and the picture looks great on all of them. (and for more than just a 2 hour or so trial or anything; we have 3 different HDTVs in my house for three rooms, each one was in my PS3 room for a good length of time, until we finally decided on which TV goes in which room) And right now my Wii is hooked up to the same HDTV as my PS3, and you can clearly see 720p PS3 games >>> Wii 480p games for picture quality and frame rate. So I don't know what you or anybody else is doing with their HDTVs or PS3s, but mine work great. And I'm not talking about RR7 or any single title, I'm talking about multiple PS3 and Wii titles, and for all of them the result was the same.
Old 2010-12-07, 04:53   Link #395
Sides

Quote:
So I don't know what you or anybody else is doing with their HDTVs or PS3s, but mine work great. And I'm not talking about RR7 or any single title, I'm talking about multiple PS3 and Wii titles, and for all of them the result was the same.
Because i'm spoiled playing games on pc?, simple as that. And honestly in terms of frame rate Wii and 360 titles outweigh ps3 games, so my argument most gamers don't care, if a game is good. If i tell you that SO4, ToV, Vanquish, GTA4, all CoD titles aren't rendered at 720p internally (on consoles), would that matter? Nope, however you cannot use 720p as a selling point if it isn't true.
Put it that way, my wii on an old Triniton CRT 24" (max res 1920x1200) screen looks great, on my HDTV (fix res) is looks not as sharp, but that doesn't matter, because on my TV i'm siting 2-3m away. And from my experience difference between ToG:F(demo) and ToG, visually you won't spot differences unless you're looking for it, aka still screen and comparing it next to each other. Same with ToV ps3(1280?x576) vs 360 (1280x720). Pixel resolution is overrated, geometry, texture, effects and art design makes a game.
Old 2010-12-07, 05:05   Link #396
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Because i'm spoiled playing games on pc?, simple as that. And honestly in terms of frame rate Wii and 360 titles outweigh ps3 games, so my argument most gamers don't care, if a game is good. If i tell you that SO4, ToV, Vanquish, GTA4, all CoD titles aren't rendered at 720p internally (on consoles), would that matter? Nope, however you cannot use 720p as a selling point if it isn't true.
Put it that way, my wii on an old Triniton CRT 24" (max res 1920x1200) screen looks great, on my HDTV (fix res) is looks not as sharp, but that doesn't matter, because on my TV i'm siting 2-3m away. And from my experience difference between ToG:F(demo) and ToG, visually you won't spot differences unless you're looking for it, aka still screen and comparing it next to each other. Same with ToV ps3(1280?x576) vs 360 (1280x720). Pixel resolution is overrated, geometry, texture, effects and art design makes a game.
Meh, guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this , because while I could debate this, we've gotten waaaaaay off topic. Suffice it to say, from personal experience in owning both a PS3 and Wii, I'd take the PS3 version over Wii in graphics any day.
Old 2010-12-07, 12:17   Link #397
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah let's get back on topic.

Downloadable content for F is out tomorrow, and here's a sneak peak at the first set of costumes, and ones that will go on sale in coming weeks.

Personally i quite like the Graces Academy outfits, and the accessories.
Old 2010-12-07, 14:56   Link #398
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Hey pal it's been a while. Anyway it matters mainly due to the fact that to me certain games feel more comfortable on certain systems with CERTAIN controllers.

Like how I'm totally uncomfortable playing a Sonic game using the Wii-mote....But I suck it up abyway
Most Wii games support multiple controller types, so I don't understand why people keep bringing up playing with a Wiimote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
So isn't it kind of pointless to say you hate 720p on a 1080p screen since all PS3 games are 720p and have been since the beginning?
No, because one doesn't always have a choice in which kind of HDTV to buy. Even worse, it's my impression that only 1080p HDTVs are sold over here.

Last edited by Benoit; 2010-12-07 at 15:09.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 16:27   Link #399
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Most Wii games support multiple controller types, so I don't understand why people keep bringing up playing with a Wiimote.

No, because one doesn't always have a choice in which kind of HDTV to buy. Even worse, it's my impression that only 1080p HDTVs are sold over here.
IMHO, it's a good thing most TVs are now 1080p only.

Also, in my experience 720p HDTVs have never been sold in Europe (not commonly at least). The "less-than-1080p" TVs (usually called "HD Ready") were actually 768p (1366x768 pixel screen), which is an abomination that won't display anything pixel perfect.

As mentioned, especially on relatively smaller screen sizes (42" or smaller) you won't notice much of a problem when viewing 720p content on a 1080p TV.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 17:51   Link #400
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

My 52" HDTV is so awesome that I can play SNES games on it without it looking like pixelated garbage.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, games, rpg