AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-30, 11:40   Link #21
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Good riddance. Oda was pretending to have Monet be more threatening than she really was and he finally wrapped this up to move the story along.
Agreed. I liked Monet's design, but she wasn't a very compelling threat and Oda seemed to be bending over backward just to make her seem like a threat.

Still, I really hate the idea of Zoro supposedly not going all out simply because Monet is female. Sanji's chauvinism/sexism is somewhat funny (since his is under a veil of chivalry...even if he objectifies women worse than ever), but Zoro's, if it exists, would go beyond the threshold of comedy and becoming downright demeaning.
Old 2012-10-30, 11:45   Link #22
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I wonder if that was CoC that Zorro used to paralyze Monet in her fear. Anyway, it was a nice chapter with some nice additions to Zorro's character. As expected though, Tashigi wasn't really able to keep up with Monet.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:55   Link #23
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

CoC does that mean the Overlord's haki? not sure about the "official names". Anyway, I highly doubt any strawhat other than Luffy has it. Besides this couldn't have been it, seeing how Monet actually WAS able to move afterwards.

Besides, Tashigi explained that it was pure fear.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:58   Link #24
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
She explained that it was fear, but fear can easily be caused by the conquerer's haki.
Anyway, it doesn't matter since all that's possible at this point is to speculate.
Old 2012-10-30, 13:27   Link #25
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If it was the overlord's haki, then she would've said it was the overlord's haki. Unless she is dumb.
Old 2012-10-30, 13:53   Link #26
noktown

I don't think Oda would do that,more than 1 Straw-hat with CoC that is...

Zoro is monstrously strong without it,I mean till now we haven't seen ANYTHING from Zoro,he is toying around with everyone,and the Ko's usually happen off-panel.
Old 2012-10-30, 14:04   Link #27
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

What I found interesting was the revelation that Zoro actually told Tashigi she resembled Kuina all the way back in Alabasta. I don't think that scene was ever shown.

But yeah, some Zoro awesomeness is always nice to see. Tashigi wasn't bad either but she's far from Zoro's level. If Zoro was using haki in that slice against Monet, that would've been gruesome.

Well that's one foe taken care of, that just leaves Vergo and Caesar. Shinokuni can't exactly be "defeated".
Old 2012-10-30, 14:08   Link #28
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
CoC does that mean the Overlord's haki? not sure about the "official names". Anyway, I highly doubt any strawhat other than Luffy has it. Besides this couldn't have been it, seeing how Monet actually WAS able to move afterwards.

Besides, Tashigi explained that it was pure fear.
Actually, I think Zoro does have CoC.

After all, if Luffy is the next Roger, then Zoro is the next Raleigh. Plus, when Luffy used CoC during the fight against Hordy, Zoro mentioned that if Luffy couldn't do that, then they'd have to get a new captain. I took that as meaning that he, Zoro, would take over if Luffy didn't have CoC, since he had it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-10-30, 14:14   Link #29
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Shinokuni can't exactly be "defeated".
Luffy will inhale an island's worth of air and then, in combination with Haki, will blow Shinokuni away, disassembling the creature to the point were it can't reform.

Or, he'll simply befriend it and Shinokuni will be the new nakama .
Old 2012-10-30, 15:13   Link #30
marvelB

Huh, wasn't expecting a chapter to arrive this early. Anyways, it was alright. And honestly, I really wonder how people EVER doubted that Zoro could use haki in the first place. It was even confirmed by Luffy right after he made the alliance with Law, for crying out loud!

Also, it was nice knowing you, Monet. She went down pretty quickly, but at least she actually somewhat lasted in a battle unlike a certain drunken octopus from the previous arc who also had a lot of prior build-up. Anyways, next chapter will probably focus on either Smoker or Luffy next.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I wonder if that was CoC that Zorro used to paralyze Monet in her fear.

Personally, I think he was just intimidating her. It's not like conqueror's haki is the ONLY way to intimidate enemies, after all. He could have just as easily used his "sakki" (killing intent) to freeze her in her tracks (uh, no pun intended, of course ).

Actually, I'm a little surprised that nobody else commented on Tashigi using Soru. So that means she was also trained in Rokushiki, then. I wonder if she can use all six of those techniques by now....?
Old 2012-10-30, 15:46   Link #31
Mateus

So Zoro's training under Mihawk possibly comes into play (the ability to cut logias), and I guess since Oda rarely kills off his characters that the Happy Harpy has simply been KOed by Tashigi's attack (personally I thought she was far too monstrous and evil to be a new nakama).
Old 2012-10-30, 16:08   Link #32
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Monet not moving is possibly like "deer in the headlights" kinda thing... too frozen with fear to move
i believe zoro has shown he can highly intimidate with fear, not haki, in the past
Old 2012-10-30, 16:23   Link #33
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Actually, I think Zoro does have CoC.

After all, if Luffy is the next Roger, then Zoro is the next Raleigh. Plus, when Luffy used CoC during the fight against Hordy, Zoro mentioned that if Luffy couldn't do that, then they'd have to get a new captain. I took that as meaning that he, Zoro, would take over if Luffy didn't have CoC, since he had it.
If Roger, Rayleigh, and Shanks all had CoC haki on Roger's crew, if we go by parallels, does that mean that:

Luffy, Zoro, and... who would be the Shanks parallel? Ussop?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-10-30, 16:24   Link #34
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
If Roger, Rayleigh, and Shanks all had CoC haki on Roger's crew, if we go by parallels, does that mean that:

I doubt Shank had Haki at that age.
Old 2012-10-30, 16:26   Link #35
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post

lol... CHOPPER!
Old 2012-10-30, 16:47   Link #36
Diveman

I hope we see Sanji actually beat someone soon. The fight in Fisherman island wasn't too good for me.
Old 2012-10-30, 17:29   Link #37
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
We barely know anything about Rogers crew abilities and Haki usage so to say that is way too early. He could of well been using Haki since he survived till the end. Rayleigh probably told Buggy n Shanks about Haki and how to use it so it was up to them if they used it or not.
Old 2012-10-30, 18:22   Link #38
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Ace (or Luffy) was able to use Haki (at least a Haki burst) at an incredibly young age (8? 9? Somewhere around there), so why not Shanks (who was an active crewmate with pirates that utilized Haki all the time)?
Old 2012-10-30, 19:00   Link #39
marvelB

Oh, I forgot to comment on the ministory earlier!

LOL, looks like Caribou's brother lost to that commodore, after all (so I guess that proves that there ARE G5 marines below the VA level who aren't pure fodder). And it figures that ol' Muddy would abandon his bro just like that (he's THAT kind of dirty bastard, after all). I am curious as to where our swampy friend's destination lies, though.....
Old 2012-10-30, 20:23   Link #40
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
For Luffy's crew, there does not have to be a direct parallel to every member of Roger's crew.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion