Notices

Old 2006-03-06, 18:54   Link #1
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Karaoke Competition V

Another karaoke competition! Yay!!!!!
So I finally had some time to sit down and think this through, so here are the details.

Song format: mp3 preferred but not necessary
Lenght: Full-lenght songs only
Type of songs: Anime/Game related (character songs accepted as well).
For other categories, check back with me beforehand.
Language: doesn't matter as long as the song is from an anime/game

Please use karaoke versions - if there are none available, you may sing over the track but your voice MUST be louder than the original singer. If you can't find a karaoke version, check with me to see if there is one available.

One entry per person. You can submit as many as you want before the deadline but only one will be counted.

Entries must be submitted with an id tag that states your nickname and song title.

Things that will get you disqualified: double-voice, pitch tweaking, change key/tempo of original song. If you are unsure, email me first.

Deadline: March 23rd 2006 midnight -5 GMT

Torrent will be up on the 25. Unfortunately, because of lack of high-speed internet from my part, this one won't be live.

Announcement date for winners: March 31st

Prize: always a surprise! Like always, there will a prize for the most popular entry and the one that the judges pick.

Contact information

email: kcl822@gmail.com
AIM: kcl822

Note: you don't have to be a good singer to enter - anybody can enter as long as you're having fun.

Happy singing~

Fine print: I will not be held responsible for hearing loss, damage to software/hardware/ear drums/self by listening to the songs as well as psychological trauma, self-inflicted wounds/damages to property, other's, etc. Listen at your own risk!
Also, congratulations on being able to read this.

UPDATE
Server will be http://ics.animesuki.info:8100/
Broadcast at 3 p.m. EST TODAY!! (Saturday, March 25)
Discussion channel: #animesuki @irc.zirc.org

EDIT: we're having problems with the 32 one, so if you can, please switch to the 128 one.

Alternative low-bandwidth: http://ics.animesuki.info:8100/KCV_32bit.m3u

Thank you everybody~
For those who missed it, the torrent is located here: http://tracker.animesuki.info:6969/

Last edited by kcl822; 2006-03-25 at 16:40.
kcl822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 19:13   Link #2
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Yay, it has arrived! I only have one question right now: When you say no double voice, what if the "double voice" is used to simulate the background singers of the original song if the karaoke version is completely instrumental? These background singing overlap with the main voice, and since this is a solo karaoke, it's the same voice as the main singing and hence they cause the "double voice". Is this acceptable?
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 19:19   Link #3
Shiemi
Counting days

I'm faring worse, much worse. I even tried to redo one of the songs I had as draft, but the second version came out worse than the draft. In any case I will submit my best draft so far, a Megumi Hayashibara song from Shaman King.

lwl12 knows which one because he listened to it...

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 19:20   Link #4
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822
Lenght: Full-lenght songs only
two typos!!! then again... is this a new trend?

hmmm.... this comes by spring break (maybe I'll try) I do have a song in mind alrdy too ^^;; but we'll see... I think I've said something like this before
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 19:48   Link #5
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Woohoo!! It's there, the new Karaoke Competition!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
two typos!!! then again... is this a new trend?
LOL! I'm sure kcl did it on purpose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
hmmm.... this comes by spring break (maybe I'll try) I do have a song in mind alrdy too ^^;; but we'll see... I think I've said something like this before
That would be great to hear you again

Of course, I'm looking forward to hear everyone's performance
Old 2006-03-06, 21:24   Link #6
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Aaaaah! I can't believe I forgot to spellcheck it!! Noooooooo!!!!

Anyway - that doesn't matter. :P

lwl12: harmony/discants are allowed *as long* as they don't interfere with the main vocal (meaning that they have to be waaaaaaaay softer than the main one). If there is an overlap for the main voices, those are allowed. NOTE: harmonies and such will not be counted but you might be penalized if those make it difficult for the main vocal to be heard.

I posted this not so long ago and I already got an entry... Guess people were ready for it! That's a good sign.

Now.... time to practice my stuff.
Old 2006-03-07, 04:41   Link #7
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi
I'm faring worse, much worse. I even tried to redo one of the songs I had as draft, but the second version came out worse than the draft. In any case I will submit my best draft so far, a Megumi Hayashibara song from Shaman King.

lwl12 knows which one because he listened to it...
Still sick? We will know that you have tried your best. Plus it's still a few weeks away so maybe you will still get a good entry in later.

Quote:
lwl12: harmony/discants are allowed *as long* as they don't interfere with the main vocal (meaning that they have to be waaaaaaaay softer than the main one). If there is an overlap for the main voices, those are allowed. NOTE: harmonies and such will not be counted but you might be penalized if those make it difficult for the main vocal to be heard.
Uh, okay... I'll send you my entry (it's ready for submission anyway) and if that is not fine, I'll send you a different submission. Yes, I had spare time to sing multiple songs.
Old 2006-03-07, 10:02   Link #8
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Guess I better announce the song I have been practicing for a while now....

Its going to be...

Spoiler:

________
Mflb

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:10.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 23:30   Link #9
Fome

Sweet, my entry is all lined up. Can't wait to hear everybody.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 23:50   Link #10
Shiemi
Counting days

This Karaoke thread seems so *quiet*. I already submitted an entry, my best draft. At least kcl says it sounds good... I am still hoping I can get a polished entry as I've been feeling a little better.

Quote:
That's what I did with Loop on the previous karacomp, right? I wasn't disqualified, but it's tough to do all that stuff.

Frank Parsons
Old 2006-03-09, 00:25   Link #11
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Maybe everyone's busy recording their entries? Darn, my first entry wasn't allowed in the rules... I was too excited recording it to remember what qualifies and what doesn't. Oh well, I submitted a second one. Lucky! <3

Oh, it's not descants... more like backup singing. But that's not what disqualified my entry.
Old 2006-03-09, 04:29   Link #12
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Maybe everyone's busy recording their entries? Darn, my first entry wasn't allowed in the rules... I was too excited recording it to remember what qualifies and what doesn't. Oh well, I submitted a second one. Lucky! <3

Oh, it's not descants... more like backup singing. But that's not what disqualified my entry.
You've left me curious. I do wonder what in the world you could have done to make an entry that couldn't be approved of.

Anyway, I made another recording today and just e-mailed it. Now kcl can play with the songs I've submitted and choose which one sounds best, or worse?

Frank Parsons
Old 2006-03-09, 18:57   Link #13
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

More entries! Yay!

And Shiemi - your avatar is soooooo cute~
Old 2006-03-09, 23:30   Link #14
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
More entries! Yay!

And Shiemi - your avatar is soooooo cute~
Hope there will be more entries than for last karacomp. That would be interesting. How many entries so far? Me curious.

And about the avvy, thanks! I got it from a mod in another forum, with her permission of course.

Frank Parsons
Old 2006-03-10, 06:44   Link #15
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Aaaaaaaaargh! I cannot find a single song which suits my voice! Are there no songs which suit a low bass range? ...Continues searching through collection...
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 08:40   Link #16
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
Aaaaaaaaargh! I cannot find a single song which suits my voice! Are there no songs which suit a low bass range? ...Continues searching through collection...
try from Eureka 7 the Opening Songs (1st or 2nd)

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 09:08   Link #17
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Still trying to get my mic to work

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 20:01   Link #18
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

Yes!! I've obtained a karaoke of Senya Ichiya from .hack//Liminality! I shall attempt singing it soon... Hm. I'd still like to have Mou Hitotsu no Baasudei from Karin as back-up, though, but that karaoke's even tougher to find.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 20:29   Link #19
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Yes!! I've obtained a karaoke of Senya Ichiya from .hack//Liminality! I shall attempt singing it soon... Hm. I'd still like to have Mou Hitotsu no Baasudei from Karin as back-up, though, but that karaoke's even tougher to find.
Actually the karaoke for Mou Hitotsu no Birthday is not too hard to find if you know where to look. I can get it for you if you want. PM me if you'd like it.
Old 2006-03-11, 21:01   Link #20
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew
Still trying to get my mic to work
Hope you get it to work, but are you sure it's the mic? I had problems earlier and I thought it was the mic, but it was the system's volume being down for mics so I had to scream into the mic to hear myself. After that, my voice sounded awful. We lowered the system's volume a bit (hubby and I), but my voice still sounded awful. We bought a new mic and still, we had the same problem. It turned out our computer's sound projecting system is damaged. It's not the mic and it's not the speakers, but we can't get a new PC... Now I am limited with songs because the very high pitched ones sound horrid when I rec them, even if the volume is low. Lower pitched songs sound a bit better, but still, my entry doesn't sound too nice. For future karacomps I hope to be already in my homeland (I'll be moving in July) and have better luck then.

Frank Parsons

Tags
karaoke competition