AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-03-09, 01:50   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 531 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Short spoilers so far.

Quote:
-Asuma v. Ino-Shika-Chou begins.

-cut to, Mifune v. Hanzou.

-Hanzou has a flashback to his defeat at the hands of Pain.

-Mifune seems to easily beat Hanzou.
New Popularity Poll has been released:
Quote:
1. Naruto - 6880
2. Sasuke - 5791
3. Kakashi - 4828
4. Gaara - 4239
5. Itachi - 4011
6. Deidara - 3623
7. Minato - 3477
8. Sasori - 3152
9. Shikamaru - 2533
10. Hinata - 2517
11. Iruka - 2494
12. Sakura/Sai – 2188

Last edited by james0246; 2011-03-09 at 11:02.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 07:20   Link #2
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
it looks like i got my wish...pain action.
Old 2011-03-09, 07:32   Link #3
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

6 pain are back yeah???

and mifune is a joke....
Old 2011-03-09, 08:03   Link #4
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Booyah, my earliest post yet!

Verily looking forward to the 6 peins but I lol at a zombie controlling zombies. I do wonder if Pein could make a body with rinengan jutsu and a bloodline limit as well.

I also hope Mifune isn't done after just one chapter. . .
Old 2011-03-09, 08:27   Link #5
kakakka

Spoiler said that Mifune win. Hanzou began turning into dust(?).

EDIT: nvm
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 08:32   Link #6
Alchemist007
*Author

Pein? This better be kick ass.
Old 2011-03-09, 09:15   Link #7
Fran~
floating away...

Don't expect that Zombie Pain will be so powerful.

All the zombies are plot-nerfed. Besides there is enough intel on Pain right now.
Old 2011-03-09, 09:27   Link #8
james0246

Pain only shows up in a flashback. And even then it is just to belittle Hanzou before, seemingly, effortlessly killing the old shinobi.
Old 2011-03-09, 10:53   Link #9
Aqua Knight

How the hell did Sasori beat Shikamaru in the popularity poll?
Old 2011-03-09, 10:54   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
By being a little bishounen .

I'm a little surprised that Shikamaru is so high up. Most of these polls are centered on Naruto and Sasuke, and since Shikamaru has come out against Sasuke, I thought he would take a larger hit in his rankings. Instead he rose from 10th to 9th.
Old 2011-03-09, 10:55   Link #11
neshru

Is that the new popularity poll? Sakura and Sai on the same level
And where is Killer Bee? He's more awesome than anyone in the top ten :\
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 11:13   Link #12
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Is that the new popularity poll? Sakura and Sai on the same level
And where is Killer Bee? He's more awesome than anyone in the top ten :\
Don't worry these type of polls are done in a similar way as internet polling they are considered fairly inaccurate so who knows
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 12:07   Link #13
ntherblast

Wtf mifune beat hanzo easily wow what a joke these zombies fights are pointless.
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 13:29   Link #14
iBeast

Lol @ Gaara being #4...never should have dumbed him down so much. He's almost as bad as Kakashi,
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 13:43   Link #15
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Lol @ Gaara being #4...never should have dumbed him down so much. He's almost as bad as Kakashi,
I think that Kakashi, Garra, and Shikamaru are the only ninja that have been shown to be able to beat people who are supposed to be stronger than them. Especially since Neji only gets pwnd by people weaker than himself, and Shino also seems to be inadequate despite his calm analytical demeanor.
This assessment doesn't include Sasuke or Naruto of course. Who are the most popular by design.

In addition these characters also have the most development out of all the side characters. It kinda makes me wonder how people chose the character they like best at this point in the story without ignoring everything but basic style.
Old 2011-03-09, 14:52   Link #16
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
He already beat him before. In the last poll 6 years ago Sasori was #6 and Shikamaru was #10. So Shika gained ground on him while Sasori fell. Shika has been as high as #4 and #5 before. I am actually shocked Shikamaru made #9 since his arc was so long ago and he has done little since 2007. To be in the top ten is very impressive for him considering the other characters had more of the spotlight. He is the highest ranking non Konoha 11 member outside of Naruto.

Iruka FINALLY took a huge hit falling out of the top 10! Gaara getting #4 was also surprising. He is always around #6 to #8. He is not a bishouen(well either is Naruto or Kakashi) so there had to be some other reason. The poll was done in December after Gaara was named Commander General and made that speech. So that is what bumped him up. Never mind he got a lot of attention during the Kage Summit. Glad to see Naruto #1. I guess we don't have to hear how Sasuke is the most popular character now. Minato was lower than I thought. I know some thought Itachi could be #1, but #5 sounds about right. Deidara, Sasori, and Itachi have been the only Akatsuki to gain any popularity. Sorry Pain, Kisame, Hidan, Kakuzu, Konan, and Zetsu fans. at Sakura and Sai tying.

If anyone is wondering why Kirabi, Jiraiya, Madara, and many other major characters didn't make the list, look at the top 12. 10 of them are male. All 10 of them have fangirls and could be considered attractive. In Naruto you need the male and female population to like you.

I'll wait for the chapter before laughing at how quick Hanzou was taken out.
Old 2011-03-09, 17:28   Link #17
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Popularity poll = what hot guys turn teenage Japanese girls on. That's who the Japanese care about. Although Naruto isn't the best looking guy so it's surprising he is number 1.

I didn't care about the Hanzou vs. Mifune because I felt it was a nothing one chapter fight. I can't believe fans on other forums wasted hundreds of posts on it. Hanzou wasn't important and got treated as such. And Mifune just was on the right team.

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2011-03-09 at 20:08.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 22:58   Link #18
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Popularity poll = what hot guys turn teenage Japanese girls on. That's who the Japanese care about. Although Naruto isn't the best looking guy so it's surprising he is number 1.
-Well he DID spend a bit of time shirtless, saving Sakura in a "Big Damn Hero" moment, hugging his evil self, having an emotional encounter with his mother and just showed off some badass potential with his newest training. I guess that could have done it, maybe?

-Personally though, I'm kinda glad he's back at #1. This is a manga named after him after all. If the titular character does not draw the attention of the readers then there is no real point, is there? And hey, as long as Sasuke doesn't take that spot again, its good in my book.
Old 2011-03-09, 23:37   Link #19
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Well he DID spend a bit of time shirtless, saving Sakura in a "Big Damn Hero" moment, hugging his evil self, having an emotional encounter with his mother and just showed off some badass potential with his newest training. I guess that could have done it, maybe?
Also, he was associated with an armadillo penis. I dunno, maybe that turns Japanese girls on (plus, isn't he the most represented character in the pairing wars?)
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 00:01   Link #20
Aesthetic Shampoo

Oh god, what is this. This is turning out to be worse than the Bleach war, and that's saying something.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion