AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-18, 14:05   Link #41
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
If there was marriage, instead of time travel, I would prefer time skip for children.
Agreed. Much as I liked the marriage system of Awakening, I still preferred the approach Genealogy took with it. I would be far from adverse to seeing them take that approach again.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 17:02   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Anyone surprised at the popularity of the Dancer girl? She currently dominated the waifu ranking and has the most fanarts. Now I just hope IS didn't pull any stupid cockblocking move such as making her your avatar's sister or something. The rage will be unpredecent!
Well, considering new game + one of the few female characters that were actually shown in the PV and the only one(?) whose whole body was shown (not counting game avatars)...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 17:33   Link #43
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Now I just hope IS didn't pull any stupid cockblocking move such as making her your avatar's sister or something. The rage will be unprecedented!
Not a problem. They'll just reveal later that "you're not really blood-related" and then somehow that will make it a-okay to marry your own sister.
Old 2015-01-18, 17:45   Link #44
GDB

Fire Emblem has never cared about incest before. It's even a major plot point of FE4 and a minor plot point of FE8. Most they've done is censor Awakening in the US (and maybe Europe?) so children characters that engage in incest are companions instead of lovers.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 17:56   Link #45
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Not a problem. They'll just reveal later that "you're not really blood-related" and then somehow that will make it a-okay to marry your own sister.
I approve of this, wincest ftw!
Old 2015-01-23, 01:24   Link #46
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Honestly, the 3DS itself is heavily limited when it comes to graphical power. The better looking games like Smash just do a better job of hiding the jagged edges by using thicker outlines and brighter colors to mask them.

... which does raise the question why the battle models don't use outlines. The CG cutscenes do, and those look beautiful.
The new 3ds XL is coming out in February. Considering that, there is going to be a lot more power than before. Even if it isn't like a console, it's more than enough to have very nice animation.

Fire Emblem awakening already did that for me.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 05:10   Link #47
AnimeFangirl

I'm going to be just a teensy bit mad (understatement) if all the hotly-anticipated 3DS titles are all marked 'New 3DS only'. This had better be playable by the old one too, even if the graphical quality has to take a hit.
Old 2015-01-23, 15:34   Link #48
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
The new 3ds XL is coming out in February. Considering that, there is going to be a lot more power than before. Even if it isn't like a console, it's more than enough to have very nice animation.

Fire Emblem awakening already did that for me.
No, it doesn't have a lot more "power".

Images
specs comparison
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

All that is changing is the RAM, which will at most improve the loading times and download speeds. Otherwise with the same GPU, the graphics are going to be exactly the same.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 20:28   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Which is really important, because MH4 was such a big game the system had to shut down certain features (like internet, if I recall) when the game was opened. Of course, with New 3DS + MH4G, it no longer does that.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2015-01-23, 21:05   Link #50
GDB

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate isn't N3DS only though. I'm thinking some super high end features + Wii ports will be the only N3DS only games.
Old 2015-01-23, 21:13   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I know. Just saying that the system boost in the New 3DS is helpful in general, not all about graphics.

Old 2015-01-23, 21:18   Link #52
GDB

Definitely. If I recall, Smash Bros can't use the Home Menu on the regular 3DS due to already using all of its processing power.

That said, this uses Awakening's engine. There's no way it'll come close to using that much unless they literally process every unit in each battle.
Old 2015-01-23, 21:29   Link #53
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Definitely. If I recall, Smash Bros can't use the Home Menu on the regular 3DS due to already using all of its processing power.
That is wrong, considering I have a regular (well... Fire Emblem) 3DS and have used the Home menu to exploit the roulette in Classic mode for custom parts.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 21:59   Link #54
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, it doesn't have a lot more "power".

Images
specs comparison
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

All that is changing is the RAM, which will at most improve the loading times and download speeds. Otherwise with the same GPU, the graphics are going to be exactly the same.
I'm not sure about that... all the 3ds games and especially ds games I've played on my new nintendo 3ds (the Japanese one) were vastly improved compared to my regular 3ds.

It's also true that I went from an LL to an XL, which also clearly made a difference, but the specs they gave sort of lied. The battery life is like always at least 6 + hours even for 3DS games... and "blah, blah, blah, rant."

Anyway, my main point is that the New 3DS is a vastly superior system, especially for everything that I've played on it so far... like Dragon Quest VII 3ds and a lot of DS games...

Note that the bottom screen is also slightly larger than before... IDK, the graphics are still great for a portable system, so I don't really see the problem, but I concede that maybe the only difference I saw was because of the type of 3DS.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2015-01-23, 22:32   Link #55
GDB

Isn't LL just the Japanese version of XL?
Old 2015-01-25, 21:22   Link #56
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Isn't LL just the Japanese version of XL?
I meant to say from the small one to the LL... Sorry, slip of the tongue.

Old 2015-01-31, 09:18   Link #57
Key Board
Carbon

so will this game have eugenics or not?
because I liked that about Awakening
this is an important issue for me
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 18:54   Link #58
GDB

Updated opening post with the following:

Quote:
April 1, 2015 New trailer:

April 1, 2015 New information:

Two story paths - the peaceful Hoshido (Japanese aesthetics) and the ambitious Nohr. Your character (male or female) is Hoshido-borne and Nohr-raised. You must choose which nation to fight for.

Japanese information:

Game will be released Pokémon style, with one copy being Hoshido and one copy being Nohr. You can buy (digitally) the other game as an add-on for approximately 1/3rd of the retail price. A third path will be available later (again, like Pokemon) for purchase both physically and digitally. Again, you'll be able to purchase it as an add-on for approximately 1/3rd the retail price. There will be a deluxe bundle special edition for approximately twice the retail price of a single edition copy. Release date is June 25th, 2015.

Release Date:

US and Europe release date is 2016. Also note that the English directs made no mention of multiple editions, so there's a distinct possibility that the delay is due to getting all three paths on a single cart. This is further suspected due to the direct making an emphasis on choosing a path.
Old 2015-04-01, 19:17   Link #59
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As bizarre as it sounds first, I understand what Nintendo is trying to do with the JP version.
Note that a retail version of the game is cheaper than any usual retail game in their catalog, so I assume they made 2 versions with the possibility of "merging them" so people will pick whatever they want (not everyone would bother with every route).

I frankly think it is nowhere close to Pokemon syndrome since differences between 2 pokemon game within the same generation hardly involve such definite change of scenario and thus playable characters (which can be "solved" in Pokemon with trading). They pretty much offer more options to their audience as far as I see this.

Now the catch is: how will they deal with people using the download version? This one doesn't have a set path as you can select the nation you want to serve in the branching chapter (chap 6). Surely Nintendo should realize that some people might simply reset the save data to try the other route without spending the extra 1-2K yen for the other route.

In any case, I hope the decision will lead to drastic changes in the scenario, although the fact they claim a given route is a big as Awakening is quite engaging.
Old 2015-04-01, 19:17   Link #60
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

RPG of the year 2016 if not game of the year. I currently fapping the trailer and having a major gamer orgasm right now. Good game Final fantasy 15 and persona 5, your hypes just got ACE'd by Fire Emblem: if.

Edit: Xenoblade X included

Tags
3ds, fire emblem