AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-01, 07:33   Link #361
Miuna
The Romantic One

One brilliant series for sure, best this spring for sure.
I rather enjoyed watching Azumi and Akane go from their quiet err 'conversations' sitting at the shrine, to where they ended up, in fact it is one reason i got on so well with the series. I picked this up with little expectation, i just needed something to watch and spring wasn't promising much for me, figured a romance would be nice. Watching their cute interactions as they struggle through their first relationship was adorable, especially because them both being rather quiet timid people anyway.

Spoiler:

I would of love to have seen the LINE events animated in the ending but time is a factor to consider, i appreciated just knowing the events of the future and felt it was a nice way to end the series over just cutting it where it would of otherwise.

These two was an amazing couple and i really enjoyed this series, more than i have any romance series in a long time, it was quite simple really as a structure, no harem stuff (yay), no magic, no monster, no dramatic plot event leading the characters into one another's arms, just a simple romance with great development and a cute couple to boot.

I admit i will miss this show, i really enjoyed looking forward to watching it every Friday and really now looking back on it, i feel sad to know it wont be there to brighten my evening. It's that kind of show that makes me wish i had this kind of romantic life now

EDIT: Just want to add it, i did kind of like the whole awkwardness at the start, many don't care for that but it felt more real to me, seeing their main communication via LINE felt off but cute, it was kind reminding me how i was when i was young, easier to talk via texts and the internet of face to face. A lot felt it wasn't going to work from the people i was speaking to but i was glad i stuck with it, i actually always liked it anyway but felt it really shined through the romance genre as a whole (never mind spring)
Miuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-01, 08:10   Link #362
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Anyone knows the insert song for episode 11? I really like the melody of that.
Old 2017-07-01, 11:26   Link #363
IceHism

What a beautiful series. This is the type of show that middle schoolers should watch. Or at least i wish i had something like this to watch in middle school. So in the end, they get shinkai'd and even had an awkward last encounter before the trainride but because of his writing, he managed to salvage her trust and they stayed together. Very nice. I've felt that there was something good about this series in ep2 and i'm glad i stuck with it.

Guess Koutaro became a LN writer after all. He started posting on the equivalent of narou LUL. The line chats were so cute
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-01, 11:52   Link #364
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Shame this was airing the same time as the J-drama "Boku, Unmei no Hito desu." Sure that j-drama has a twinge of fantastical elements, but considering that element is merely there just to have the MC go on McGuffin chases, it really was just a straight forward romance showcasing the growth of a couple just like this one. In both stories, they even dodge the cliche obstacles of having other people being the ones stopping them; these 'rivals in love' are mere speed bumps at best, as both stories carry well on to the time AFTER the couples hook up.

Sure Akane here had more moments than the heroine of that drama, but the kicker is that Kotarou here pales in comparison to the MC there. Maybe I'm being too hard on Kotarou failing to get to Koumei, since he really wasn't taking his studies seriously before and that Akane's move was pretty sudden, but I get the feeling that the MC of the drama is much more earnest and determined to have his relationship work out.

Don't get me wrong, Kotarou is shown to be fully devoted to having his long distance relationship work out, but that MC is on a whole 'nother level... his resolve to get up time and time again despite all his owns deficiencies and short-comings, gave off the feeling that he moved heaven and earth to maintain his relationship DESPITE having so called 'destiny' on his side. In here Kotaro was just frigging lucky Chinatsu showed Akane his online novel; where was he trying to patch up his relationship in the crucial moments before her move?

(Like seriously, it was Chinatsu of all people who kept the couple together? How'd she even know that he was publishing to that site and not Akane? Let me do this a few times over... )

Not to say this was bad, but always in the back of my mind, there's this voice saying 'there's something better than this that aired this cour' (granted it's biased against Tsuki ga Kirei since it has like half the runtime XD). Heck, I even enjoyed Eromanga even more than this show, if only because Eromanga was totally different from "Boku, Unmei no Hito desu". So again I say, a shame, since this would easily be top 3, and would be in the running for my anime of the cour if only because it defies the usual anime romance conventions. In any case, I sure hope this spawns more down to earth romances like it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-01, 12:06   Link #365
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

upon further reflection, this show actually sits next to, or unseats White Album 2 as my top romance anime. if you had asked me after i watched the first 2 or 3 eps of this show if it could have been this good, i would have said, "absolutely no way." but week after week, it just kept growing on me. and i think the general consensus is now that this is one of the top shows of its genre.

the use of the ED as the background music also rivals ep 13 of Aria the Origination, in my mind. it's that good. and let me tell you, i wept during that scene in Origination.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2017-07-01 at 20:25.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 10:37   Link #366
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

A bit late but I finally got round to watching the final episode.

I was initially impressed that the show wasn't willing to spare its punches and ultimately had Kotarou fail. I was disappointed though when they decided to confirm their future at the end and it was about as perfect as you could possibly imagine. Ideally I would've loved more seasons to explore how they would manage their relationship (and for them to ultimately part ways 5cm/s style) but I guess without that option your only choice is to either spoil the result or have a terribly unsatisfactory unresolved ending. And spoiling a bad result would justifiably induce many many expletives.

The show never really addressed the Chinatsu shaped elephant in the room and basically seems to give her a pass on what appeared to be some horrible, horrible behavior. I'm disappointed in how they handled her but I did at least feel like she was an actual character rather than a plot device, which is something. Now that I think about it, what happened to the other side characters I wonder? I kinda enjoyed those omake specials at the end and we never got one in the finale. Feels like there was a missed opportunity in there somewhere...

Overall Score: 7/10
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 19:48   Link #367
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Box set sold about 6K in week 1. That beat Stalker and on the whole it's a pretty good number, considering how little Tsuki ga Kirei pandered to the usual disc market.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 20:14   Link #368
IceHism

Sasuga Seiji Kishi. Some how he does pretty well on his anime originals (or multimedia franchises that came out first on anime) while he fails on all the stuff he adapts.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 20:45   Link #369
Nivek von Beldo

there was an audio drama was released, someone can give us a summary about it?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 21:01   Link #370
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Tsuki ga Kirei Special

15 minutes of new shorts have been released with the Blu-ray and DVD boxed sets! They have been subbed and are available if you search for them

There are a total of 26 shorts of various lengths, including most of the side characters.

Spoiler for in case you haven't seen them yet...:
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 21:55   Link #371
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
15 minutes of new shorts have been released with the Blu-ray and DVD boxed sets! They have been subbed and are available if you search for them

There are a total of 26 shorts of various lengths, including most of the side characters.

Spoiler for in case you haven't seen them yet...:
Where to watch those? YouTube?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 11:52   Link #372
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Quote:
Buy the Blu-ray and/or DVD sets, this supports the creators and production which leads to more
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 14:00   Link #373
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Although it wasn't there yesterday when I posted my message, it does seem to be there now.

You can also google "Tsuki ga Kirei Special"...
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, romance, school life, shoujo, slice of life, studio feel