AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-22, 06:59   Link #341
ibby

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
10 years after... She will looked like her mom...
Just compare it with sheryl's mom...

Who's hotter? ...
I demand pics for comparsion reasons please!!
Old 2010-11-22, 09:04   Link #342
justavisitor

Quote:
if about personality...based on the tv series..sheryl beat her..a million step ahed...
That's where I disagree...but I am not going to start another war so I would just stop here
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-11-22, 14:42   Link #343
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibby View Post
I demand pics for comparsion reasons please!!
Old 2010-11-22, 16:42   Link #344
Snowwhitequeen

The anime team made Ranka's mother looks like Sheryl.
That's not fair! Sheryl's beauty is unique.
Old 2010-11-22, 17:00   Link #345
moncikoma

sheryl's mom looks beautifull ... just like her daughter...her hair is violet...
her father should have a blonde hair...and handsome too..maybe looks like michael
Old 2010-11-22, 19:16   Link #346
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
sheryl's mom looks beautifull ... just like her daughter...her hair is violet...
her father should have a blonde hair...and handsome too..maybe looks like michael
That's Sheryl's GRANDmother, not mother.
Old 2010-11-22, 20:51   Link #347
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
That's Sheryl's GRANDmother, not mother.
If moncikoma is talking about the woman in the photograph then it is her mother, read what it has written "Your Grand daughter Sheryl" it's a photograph Sheryl's mother send to Mao (i think Kathy was the one that explained that), and it matches with the design that her mother has in the Kiss in the Galaxy manga.
Old 2010-11-23, 01:56   Link #348
ibby

Quote:
Thanks heaps.
Old 2010-11-23, 04:36   Link #349
John117xCortana

The hairstyle of Sally Nome somewhat resembles Alto's mom.
Old 2010-11-23, 10:35   Link #350
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
If moncikoma is talking about the woman in the photograph then it is her mother, read what it has written "Your Grand daughter Sheryl" it's a photograph Sheryl's mother send to Mao (i think Kathy was the one that explained that), and it matches with the design that her mother has in the Kiss in the Galaxy manga.
Correct. Mao Nome is Sheryls grandmother.
Old 2010-11-23, 14:29   Link #351
Lancel

A thought came to mind on the second movie from the various discussions, particularly on the one that suggests both series and movies are in-universe productions and that the movies might be a few years more advanced, like it was made a few years after the series (such as the Tornado pack with its beam weapons, the Quarter's upgraded guns, bigger concert scenes, Ranka's gained maturity, etc). So, if we follow this line of reasoning, what if the love triangle didn't conclude in the series because it hadn't concluded in what is "real life"? Bit of an epileptic tree, but following these theories we could potentially expect to see a conclusion in the second movie, because in the years between the series and the movies whatever drama happened transpired and Alto finally picked one, or alternatively maybe Alto had always picked one but as both of them are idol singers, they might have opted to tone down the relationship and keep their current status secret until they were more comfortable. Of course, then I could suggest that the original event never had a love triangle and the guy that made the movie was like "THIS COULD BE THE NEXT DO YOU REMEMBER LOVE! THERE MUST BE A LOVE TRIANGLE!" Which would get rather cute if by throwing in the love triangle ye olde actors actually did fall in love, or even that maybe there was some unresolved feelings there that they never admitted until some writer tacked it in there to make a love story and they actually came out about it. D'aww.

Okay that's enough epileptic insanity from my brain for now.
Old 2010-11-23, 21:47   Link #352
justavisitor

you speak the part where some ppl are most afraid on...they are afraid that the conclusion in the movie = the conclusion in the "real life" (which is the tv series) since they assume the movie is made in the macross universe (just like DYRL) and they don't want their favorite character to lose

But imo I don't really care the continuity staff...the most important thing to me is still the quality of the movie...so far the first movie is pretty good and I hope the second movie will be even better

I will be honest here...If Ranka wins in the movie, sure, I will probably use the logic-->movie conclusion="real life" conclusion (why not?? ) but if Ranka loses, then, well TV and movie are two different things!!! so I really don't see both sides of the camps have anything to lose...

(P.S I still think the staff won't conclude the triangle in the movie because it will mean one side will boycott the DVD....)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-11-24, 03:35   Link #353
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I will be honest here...If Ranka wins in the movie, sure, I will probably use the logic-->movie conclusion="real life" conclusion (why not?? ) but if Ranka loses, then, well TV and movie are two different things!!! so I really don't see both sides of the camps have anything to lose...
How does one win at "real life"?
Old 2010-11-24, 03:47   Link #354
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
How does one win at "real life"?
Lottery.
Old 2010-11-24, 08:45   Link #355
justavisitor

In the first paragraph from my previous post, I put quotation mark on the term "real life", which means "Macorss Frontier TV series" Come on...don't just quote the last paragraph

Of course, I could have just used the term "TV series" instead of "real life"...the reason I used the term "real life" is because I suspect some ppl are too obsessed with one character and they will go berserk if one certain character loses in the movie XD..and they are afraid the conclusion of the movie will become the official conclusion of the TV series XD
Old 2010-11-25, 01:03   Link #356
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Huh...and all this time, I thought it was a pic of Mao holding Sheryl...

Thanks.
Old 2010-11-25, 03:55   Link #357
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Huh...and all this time, I thought it was a pic of Mao holding Sheryl...

Thanks.
u should rewatch macross zero
mao nome is not looked like that...
Old 2010-11-25, 04:16   Link #358
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
u should rewatch macross zero
mao nome is not looked like that...
Well, duh. She wasn't a grandmother at 12.

But other than that...really, you see no similarity? Hell, even the hairstyles are close...

Old 2010-11-25, 06:03   Link #359
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I always thought that was Sheryl's mother, myself.

Old 2010-11-25, 08:57   Link #360
magnuskn

Oh, the visual similarities are there, no doubt. But the purple hair and the fact that Mao was already grandmother-age when Ranka was still a young child should have made it clear that Mao couldn't be Sheryls mother. Not to mention that the letter Cathy reads in episode 24 made it crystal clear.

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song