AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 23 47.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 27.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-11, 01:02   Link #21
alvinkhorfire

Correct me if I am wrong. So, Seireiden is completely destroyed, in order to create the the massive tall structure, all in a bid to create Xanadu. Both sides are really throwing everything they have into the war, fighting at full strength.

Sydonay has provided a great explaination on the connection between the Snake of the Festival and Hecate. Really, Hecate is not actually gone forever. She will be reborn in the future, if the Crimson Denizens have prayed hard enough to be granted another wish by the god. Still, Sydonay is concerned that the wish of creating Xanadu is massive by their scale, and thus she will not be reborn in the near future. After all, there is no doubt that he deeply adores her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
He noticed that she's wearing her school uniform. Shana's not just fighting as a flame haze. She's fighting as the flame haze "Flaming-Haired, Blazing-Eyed Hunter" Shana, who met Yuji in Misaki City, has lived in this town with Yuji, who went to school together with Yuji and who in the end fell in love with Yuji. It basically shows her reason for being there: defeating and saving Yuji.
Thanks for the thorough analysis as always, Deathscyther.

Presumably, Shana will wear her school uniform through the final battle. Then again, when will we get to the part, which was animated at roughly 1m 18s of the first episode of Season 3? At that moment, she is wearing her usual all-black attire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
But I do wonder where are Khamsin and Rebecca at this moment, can't remember anything about that part.
For all I know, Rebecca is going to Tendou-kyu, as mentioned by her in 19 minutes 41 seconds, in Episode 16.

Quote:
Haborym vs. SouthValley.

This will be one of my favourite ones. I don't know how far the SouthValley's army's power can go, but they will have a really hard time dealing with Haborym's Burning Field and his Rinnes. I'm going for a draw here, the two of them will keep clashing each other for the remaining six episodes
Well, it appears that SouthValley's army of golden masked clay dolls cannot withstand the cannon blast from Haborym's Rinnes. So, it does not matter, even if his army keeps on replicating and then destroyed by the blasts. Yes, I do not know the full details, but it seems that SouthValley is at a disadvantage.

Quote:
Yuji & Sydonay vs Shana & Wilhelmina (& Pheles?)

Now about Sydonay and Wilhelmina, there is not much to say, but Sabrac nearly killed Wilhelmina back on S2, but Sydonay never seems to be using his full power, not even when fighting 4 Flame Hazes by himself. After the Giralda's activation I'm pretty sure that the encounter will end and they will move on to a different stage (dealing with Pheles' secret plan).
Judging from the preview of next episode, Margery will play a role in the final battle. Who would bet against her dueling it out again with her archnemesis, Sydonay? After all, she still has unfinished business with him. This is my guess, though.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2012-02-11 at 01:38.
Old 2012-02-11, 02:38   Link #22
redflame

I haven't posted a review in a long time, so I'll just make a short one now.

I seriously can't wait for the next episode.. Yuji vs. Shana. And of course, it gives you the feeling that it will be the last battle between them. Anyway, GO SHANA!!! She will never lose!
Old 2012-02-11, 02:54   Link #23
elleinad00

I forgot to say: RIP Hecate.... you are still cute until the end.....
Old 2012-02-11, 02:57   Link #24
Key Board
Carbon

Awesome monster fight episode

West Shore's summons remind me of sea angels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssl_skHnSyk
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2012-02-11 at 03:27.
Old 2012-02-11, 03:27   Link #25
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Correct me if I am wrong. So, Seireiden is completely destroyed, in order to create the the massive tall structure, all in a bid to create Xanadu. Both sides are really throwing everything they have into the war, fighting at full strength.

Sydonay has provided a great explaination on the connection between the Snake of the Festival and Hecate. Really, Hecate is not actually gone forever. She will be reborn in the future, if the Crimson Denizens have prayed hard enough to be granted another wish by the god. Still, Sydonay is concerned that the wish of creating Xanadu is massive by their scale, and thus she will not be reborn in the near future. After all, there is no doubt that he deeply adores her.
Does that mean the Snake will sleep for even longer then too?

Quote:
Well, it appears that SouthValley's army of golden masked clay dolls cannot withstand the cannon blast from Haborym's Rinnes. So, it does not matter, even if his army keeps on replicating and then destroyed by the blasts. Yes, I do not know the full details, but it seems that SouthValley is at a disadvantage.
Well his army are like zombies where they need to devour so so long as Haborym keeps him at bay then South Valley is at a disadvantage.
Old 2012-02-11, 06:10   Link #26
Deathscyther

Quote:
This 'Altar Shrine of the Celebratory Ruler' seems to be important to the creation of Xanadu. I guess the ceremony will have to take place there or something, since Yuji and Sydonay seem to be protecting it. It probably has something to do with Hecate's sacrifice.

Quote:
Presumably, Shana will wear her school uniform through the final battle. Then again, when will we get to the part, which was animated at roughly 1m 18s of the first episode of Season 3? At that moment, she is wearing her usual all-black attire.
I think she'll wear the school uniform to the end as well, so I guess we won't be seeing that scene again. Either they didn't think ahead enough back then or the scene is already supposed to have happened.

The only moment it could have happened was during the war in China. Either before she and Wilhelmina reached Samuel or when the flame haze were fleeing and Shana was slowing down pursuit. We never saw Yuji and the body of SnH fighting on the ground though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Does that mean the Snake will sleep for even longer then too?
Basically it's a never ending cycle: The tomogara wish for something and pray for the Priestess to appear -> the Priestess is born to awaken the God of Creation -> the God of Creation awakens -> the Priestess is sacrificed to fulfil the wish -> the God of Creation goes back to sleep.

Sydonay seems to believe that the greater the wish is, the longer it will take for the Priestess to be reborn. So I guess this automatically means that it will take longer for SnH to awaken as well. No Heacate means no God of Creation after all. We don't have any earlier cases to compare it with though, so I guess we'll just have to believe Sydonay for now.

Quote:
Well his army are like zombies where they need to devour so so long as Haborym keeps him at bay then South Valley is at a disadvantage.
I guess rushing towards Haborym won't be possible. It will be a never ending battle that way. These 'zombies' of Southvalley seem to multiply after consuming tomogara. If I were in his shoes I'd retreat, create an army so big that it can't be stopped and then attack Haborym from all sides at the same time.

I have a feeling that he and the other gods are not really fighting to defeat the enemy though. They would have attacked together with Shana and co if that was the case. They would have been able to completely dominate every single tomogara (except Yuji/SnH and the Trinity maybe) that way. But they're not, they're all fighting alone at different sides of the city. I think their main goal is to attact attention and to stall the tomogara, so that Shana and co will be able to put their plan into motion.
Old 2012-02-11, 09:50   Link #27
taichi-kun

I didn't understand when Yoshida was in that dimension and saw the city destroyed...
Old 2012-02-11, 11:55   Link #28
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
I didn't understand when Yoshida was in that dimension and saw the city destroyed...
Didn't understand what
Old 2012-02-11, 12:06   Link #29
syke123

Finally I'll get to see some actual screentime of Mammon. Sale and Chiara won't stand a chance, as long as the studio doesn't deliberately sabotage him.

Well we can't forget about Khamsin, Margery, Rebecca. The truth is that the Tomogara are outnumbered by a strength ratio of 3:1. Luckily Yoshida will unknowingly use the Hougu and probably render the two sides on equal ground.
Old 2012-02-11, 14:30   Link #30
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
It was an illusion shown to her by Spiral Organ (Lamies).

Spiral Organ told Kazumi that he offered to help Yuji/SnH with the Anti-Seal to be able to talk to her. I guess that he was 'testing' the Anti-Seal and found out that the destruction the Anti-Seal causes might be higher than he expected.

Maybe he already had his doubts about the Anti-Seal and wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause too much damage before helping Yuji/SnH. Now that he found out that the damage might be bigger than he expected, he might try to talk Kazumi out of it?
Old 2012-02-11, 14:40   Link #31
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
The truth is that the Tomogara are outnumbered by a strength ratio of 3:1. Luckily Yoshida will unknowingly use the Hougu and probably render the two sides on equal ground.
Wait a minute, you're saying that Yoshida is going to use the Hougu to help Yuji's side? If I'm understanding your message correctly, we can't exactly tell how strong the Tomogara side is. Until we see the big players on their side fight at their fullest.
Old 2012-02-11, 17:15   Link #32
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Finally I'll get to see some actual screentime of Mammon. Sale and Chiara won't stand a chance, as long as the studio doesn't deliberately sabotage him.

Well we can't forget about Khamsin, Margery, Rebecca. The truth is that the Tomogara are outnumbered by a strength ratio of 3:1. Luckily Yoshida will unknowingly use the Hougu and probably render the two sides on equal ground.
Wait what?

80% of the Flame Hazes were either killed or rendered useless in the previous battle.

At this point the only Flame Hazes that are around are the strongest since they have a strong will to begin with.

So shouldn't it be the Denizens outnumbering the hazes? The 3 gods pretty much even the field somewhat.
Old 2012-02-11, 18:26   Link #33
syke123

Quote:
Wait what?

80% of the Flame Hazes were either killed or rendered useless in the previous battle.

At this point the only Flame Hazes that are around are the strongest since they have a strong will to begin with.

So shouldn't it be the Denizens outnumbering the hazes? The 3 gods pretty much even the field somewhat.
The flame haze army was crushed, but the actual flame haze that are contracted to powerful Guze no o are all still alive. And they outnumber bal masque's top members.

Flame Haze side
Shana, Eastedge Southvalley, Westshore, Wilhelmina, Margery, Khamsin, Rebecca, and many more powerful flame haze are still alive with Sophie.

Tomogara side
Yuji, Sydonnay, Bel peol, Mammon, Harborym/Stolas, Ribersal/Pirson, Orobas/Leraje.

The weak tomogara cant do anything in a battle against them, and would only be getting in the way.

Quote:
Wait a minute, you're saying that Yoshida is going to use the Hougu to help Yuji's side?
We'll learn next episode why, but it'll definitely buy SnH time, and benefit the creation of Xanadu, even though Pheles has her own agenda.

Quote:
If I'm understanding your message correctly, we can't exactly tell how strong the Tomogara side is. Until we see the big players on their side fight at their fullest.
Your right, but I'm not expecting too much from anyone except Sydonnay and Mammon.
Old 2012-02-11, 18:40   Link #34
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You didn't see Pirsoyn's Jizaihou? There's a reason why those two Jaegers can end up leading an entire army....don't write them off so soon
Yes, I know that Pirsoyn's poison can take off several Flame Hazes in a row, but it didn't seem of much help when facing Tier 1 Flame Hazes as Ernest since Ribesal was the one that took full care of him, and I didn't even see Pirsoyn after that. That's what I'm saying.

Quote:
Judging from the preview of next episode, Margery will play a role in the final battle. Who would bet against her dueling it out again with her archnemesis, Sydonay? After all, she still has unfinished business with him. This is my guess, though.
Yeah, I also thought that Margery was going to be the one facing Sydonay, but now I believe her role is going to be set up some Unrestricted Spell while everyone is too busy defending themself.

That reminds me, she was working along with Sale to understand the Lamies' spell (the one he gave to Wilhelmina), maybe that's the plan?
Old 2012-02-11, 19:02   Link #35
Deathscyther

Quote:
The flame haze army was crushed, but the actual flame haze that are contracted to powerful Guze no o are all still alive. And they outnumber bal masque's top members.

Flame Haze side
Shana, Eastedge Southvalley, Westshore, Wilhelmina, Margery, Khamsin, Rebecca, and many more powerful flame haze are still alive with Sophie.

Tomogara side
Yuji, Sydonnay, Bel peol, Mammon, Harborym/Stolas, Ribersal/Pirson, Orobas/Leraje.

The weak tomogara cant do anything in a battle against them, and would only be getting in the way.
Rebecca and the other 'powerful' flame haze that are with Sophie aren't in Misaki City. Right now it's 9 flame haze versus probably thousands of tomogara. Most of the tomogara are fodder, but there are still powerful Lords, Yuji/SnH and the Trinity among them. Leaving the fodder alone isn't an option either. Or I should say that the fodder won't leave them alone. Even fodder can become dangerous if if you have someone like Haborym on the playing field.

Even though these are probably 9 of the strongest flame haze around, they're still badly outnumbered. They'd most likely lose in a direct battle. That's why they're betting everything on the strategy which was devised by Shana.
Old 2012-02-11, 20:16   Link #36
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Remember that Samuel ended up dying against an onslaught of fodder Tomogara after all.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:55   Link #37
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Rebecca and the other 'powerful' flame haze that are with Sophie aren't in Misaki City. Right now it's 9 flame haze versus probably thousands of tomogara. Most of the tomogara are fodder, but there are still powerful Lords, Yuji/SnH and the Trinity among them. Leaving the fodder alone isn't an option either. Or I should say that the fodder won't leave them alone. Even fodder can become dangerous if if you have someone like Haborym on the playing field.

Even though these are probably 9 of the strongest flame haze around, they're still badly outnumbered. They'd most likely lose in a direct battle. That's why they're betting everything on the strategy which was devised by Shana.
Shana could probably deal with the weak tomogara with Harborym's jizaiho by herself, without the need to materialize Alastor. And so then you have 3 more gods and 3 flame haze with renowned Jizaiho's. The tomogara side isn't all that powerful, excluding Yuji and Sydonnay, everyone else would struggle to hold they're own against them.

The plan Shana thought of is a way to stop Xanadu without killing Yuji, but maybe Shana has something planned for Margery, either way they can gain success without it.
Old 2012-02-12, 06:25   Link #38
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Hecate dying was rather unexpected. Anyway seems like Kazumi is going to die in the next episode summoning Pheles. That's will be a rather unique turn of events. Can't wait to see what happens!

Anyway, that crying indian girl is a freaking psycho... any one who behaves like that has to have more than a few screws loose...
Old 2012-02-12, 07:07   Link #39
Senshigeia

I gave this episode an 10/10!

I don't know if it is the excitement of events, but I really loved this week's epi!
The four god's entrance in battle was epic!
Westshore is so moe... I laughed so much with her speech!

RIP Hecate... There was a time I really adored her, but after the first half of Season 2... Blah!!

As for the discussion in this thread, I think the only strength of the average tomogara's is their massive numbers, rather than that they aren't much trouble. The ones that will be a pain in the ass, I think, will be Sydonay and Bel Peol.

I am also a little nostalgic: we are almost in volume XXII of the Light Novels... Yes, Shakugan no Shana is reaching it's end.

I have a question though: where are the 3 guys Pheles found? And where is Ernest? Last time we saw him was in the Battle with Ribersal... Why can humans see Seiren-den, wasn't it supposed to be invisible to regular people, who couldn't feel PoE?

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-02-12, 07:11   Link #40
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I gave this episode an 10/10!

I don't know if it is the excitement of events, but I really loved this week's epi!
The four god's entrance in battle was epic!
Westshore is so moe... I laughed so much with her speech!

RIP Hecate... There was a time I really adored her, but after the first half of Season 2... Blah!!

As for the discussion in this thread, I think the only strength of the average tomogara's is their massive numbers, rather than that they aren't much trouble. The ones that will be a pain in the ass, I think, will be Sydonay and Bel Peol.

I am also a little nostalgic: we are almost in volume XXII of the Light Novels... Yes, Shakugan no Shana is reaching it's end.

I have a question though: where are the 3 guys Pheles found? And where is Ernest? Last time we saw him was in the Battle with Ribersal... Why can humans see Seiren-den, wasn't it supposed to be invisible to regular people, who couldn't feel PoE?
That wasn't Hecate....