AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Grand Order Final Singularity - Grand Temple Of Time: Solomon Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2021-08-02, 02:41   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Fate/Grand Order Final Singularity - Grand Temple Of Time: Solomon Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Grand Order Final Singularity - Grand Temple Of Time: Solomon.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 12:36   Link #2
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I can't remember, but was the original Solomon chapter this Guda centric? It was also right?

Anyway though, who was that figure kneeling before Goetia?

All in all a far better movie than Camelot
Old 2021-10-29, 10:06   Link #3
azenable
President of TecoT

Far too much Dialogue. Music was awesome but didn’t hit the right emotion with the pace and effect. Beast iv didn’t get any airtime.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 23:53   Link #4
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Now this is where a movie is a perfectly justified option. And where making adaptation changes make sense and add to the story. Giving Ritsuka some extra gear with solid limitations actually worked well and helped the story play out in an interesting way.

Sure I'd have loved to get even more little moments for the various servants. It would have been hilarious having Jalter wrecking enemies or a weirdly appropriate cameo from the Fate/Kaleid cast. But there are just things you can't fit into a movie like this. Those would have just been icing on the cake.

It was a really good cake. The only real issue I had with it was the lack of good explanation for Mash being alive at the end. They give a visual hint, but really could have used an extra couple minutes to actually explain that.

There's so much good here though. The servants coming to the rescue multiple times was great. You had Enkidu getting some shots in on Goetia, the moment of "here comes the Umu" and Jeanne's speech was handled well. There was just a lot of enjoyment in this and it doesn't drop the ball as an adaptation with the excuse of being a movie to back it up. It's just very solid.

No idea what the future holds for FGO adaptations. If they can handle it more like Babylonia and Solomon then great. Longer stories need the tv series treatment to actually give some time and depth to the encounters. While short ones like Solomon can definitely succeed with the runtime of a film. Hopefully we get more good ones.
Old 2022-01-25, 18:16   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Didn't like it much. Having missed five singularities and the servants in them definitely hurt. For every servant I recognized, there were 5 others I had never seen before. I knew the ones who were said to have the strongest bond with Ritsuka, at least.

And it left me with a lot of questions. Why did Goetia care about Mash so much? Was he getting feedback from Romani or something? What did Romani/Solomon erasing himself from the throne of heroes even accomplish? Make Goetia mortal? How did Romani even recover his powers even though he became a regular human? How did Fu/Cath Palug bring Mash back?

The movie ending with a fistfight was completely unnecessary and such blatant retread of Shirou vs Kotomine.

But the main issue is that this was a Mash and Ritsuka movie, and I don't care about them.
Old 2022-01-25, 21:59   Link #6
Tenshijun

Solomon is surely a very weird adaptation choice since at due point just two things have been adapted (not counting Camelot since the movies were almost concurrently with it). Feels like DC trying to make Justice League a epic climax with just three solo movies to build it up beforehand.

As game-fan I think it was an welcome fanservice for the original material, but I wouldn't really stand for it as a movie on its own. I just wish the servant all-go had more screentime since part of the Singularity's appeal comes from that too.
Tenshijun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-26, 00:40   Link #7
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshijun View Post
Solomon is surely a very weird adaptation choice since at due point just two things have been adapted (not counting Camelot since the movies were almost concurrently with it). Feels like DC trying to make Justice League a epic climax with just three solo movies to build it up beforehand.

As game-fan I think it was an welcome fanservice for the original material, but I wouldn't really stand for it as a movie on its own. I just wish the servant all-go had more screentime since part of the Singularity's appeal comes from that too.
Their adaptation choices were weird from the start. I don't even think it's like DC's approach to Justice League. Rather a "this is for the fans of the game" and that's about it. Otherwise there's no reason to animate Babylonia...then Camelot/Solomon with different studios working on both. Consistency between Babylonia/Solomon and Camelot was lacking anyways.

Honestly it really is just a follow-up for Babylonia and should be treated exactly as that. It was quite literally set up with the final episode of Babylonia.