AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-05, 20:56   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Fate/strange Fake TV Series - News & Anticipation

This is a thread to discuss the recently-announced Fate/strange Fake TV anime series.

https://twitter.com/Fate_SF_Anime/st...46055100022784

Please do not post spoilers from the source material in this thread!
Old 2023-07-05, 22:53   Link #2
Frontier

Really looking forward to the show after watching the special .

So just so I'm clear on the current Servants:

Archer - Gilgamesh again

Caster - Theatrical guy

Assassin - Muslim woman who wants no part of the Grail War

Lancer - Enkidu?

Berserker - Jack the Ripper

Rider - That blob thing with Tsubaki?

Saber - The guy at the end with HanaKana, obvs.
Old 2023-07-06, 01:52   Link #3
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Sounds about right...

I really enjoyed the feel of this. Felt a lot like Fate/Zero's big first episode. That said... the Master/Servant pairs seemed maybe a slight bit more confusing. Might just be because I barely know them.

The only thing I'm actually confused about is... who the heck was "god" sitting in the chair in kaleidoscope space who designated the school girl as the important one in the story??
Old 2023-07-06, 03:05   Link #4
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg. He appeared in the 3rd Heaven's Feel movie. And a very brief cameo in the first season of Prisma Illya as the creator of those magical sticks.
He's a very important character in the overall Fate/Tsukihime lore.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-06, 04:43   Link #5
Amarantine

I kind of lost interest in the Fate franchise after it started revolving around FGO, but this one piques my curiosity, as it's written by author of Baccano, which was a pretty good show. In any case, I hope Strange Fake will feel closer to Stay Night and Zero than the FGO-based stuff.

Regarding the special that just came out, I imagine it's like a prologue for the upcoming TV series? If so, I'm not sure I want to watch it now, since we still don't have a date for the series, meaning it might still be a year or more away. So if I watch the special now, I'll probably have forgotten most of the details by the time the TV series starts.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-07, 17:26   Link #6
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
Sounds about right...

I really enjoyed the feel of this. Felt a lot like Fate/Zero's big first episode. That said... the Master/Servant pairs seemed maybe a slight bit more confusing. Might just be because I barely know them.

The only thing I'm actually confused about is... who the heck was "god" sitting in the chair in kaleidoscope space who designated the school girl as the important one in the story??
Zelretch is wielder of "True Magic" and his particular brand of true magic involve seeing and manipulating paralel worlds. He is basically omnscient (but not omnipotend as world itsel wouldn't allow him to interfere directly). Rin Tohsaka is his student and she once broke universe with magical tool he created.

More importantly Narita just really love his cameos and references.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2023-07-07 at 17:40.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-07, 18:01   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
Regarding the special that just came out, I imagine it's like a prologue for the upcoming TV series? If so, I'm not sure I want to watch it now, since we still don't have a date for the series, meaning it might still be a year or more away. So if I watch the special now, I'll probably have forgotten most of the details by the time the TV series starts.
It's... basically the first episode. Introduced all the Servant/Master pairs and laid out the foundation of the plot.

First episode was full of references to Type Moon works. Not just Fate but Tsukihime and even older works than that.

I'm happy to see a new work that lets you guess who the Servants are (unless you read spoilers, obviously). We're already well acquainted with Gilgamesh and Enkidu, but the others are all new. Even Jack is different from Apocrypha Jack. Identities of the others are a mystery.

Caster is a novelist but there are way too many to choose from. Nothing he said narrows it down.
Rider... no clue.
Assassin can use Zabaniya so she's definitely from the Hassan tribe, the mystery is why she doesn't have a mask. We know there are 19 Hassans in all but even in FGO we only know four of them.
Saber... I was already spoiled. More importantly, his master is a blonde Ayaka Sajyou, the protagonist from Fate/Prototype.
Old 2023-07-07, 18:13   Link #8
Tenzen12

Caster is novelist that "create heroes". That does narrow it down a bit.
Rider has something to do with "curse of death" and is Enkidus natural enemy.
Old 2023-07-10, 12:13   Link #9
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Even Jack is different from Apocrypha Jack.

Spoiler for Spoilers:
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-10, 19:01   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Spartacus could speak in Apocrypha. Berserkers being unable to speak stopped being a thing ages ago because then they'd have no character. In FGO 99% of Berserkers can speak just fine.

That said, why Jack is sane was explained in the episode: according to him, he was so crazy in life that being summoned as a Berserker reversed the mad enhancement and made him sane instead.
Old 2023-07-11, 14:59   Link #11
Tenzen12

That's not accurate. Noone knows who is Jack or what their state of mind was (and loli Jack is just one of possibilities that throne of heroes can manifest). Being "embodiment of madness" is about all that paranoia, fear and general atmosphere of London at that time, then person themselves. That said human perception of heroes warp them (that's why for example Vlad got that vampire thing going for him despite never being one in life) so servant Jack would be insane if he weren't summoned as Berserker.

To put it simply, noone knows whether Jack the Ripper was insane person, but Servant Jack the Ripper as embodiment of insanity will be always insane unless it's summoned as Berserker in messed Holly Grail War where rules are more like guidlines then anything anyway.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2023-07-11 at 15:18.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-11, 16:25   Link #12
Frontier

I do find it kind of funny that Kana Hanazawa finally gets to be the "protagonist" of a fully-fledged Fate anime that's not just a one-off prototype OVA and she wants nothing to do with it .

(Totally pulling for her and Saber to hook up tho...)
Old 2023-07-11, 23:49   Link #13
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That's not accurate. Noone knows who is Jack or what their state of mind was (and loli Jack is just one of possibilities that throne of heroes can manifest). Being "embodiment of madness" is about all that paranoia, fear and general atmosphere of London at that time, then person themselves. That said human perception of heroes warp them (that's why for example Vlad got that vampire thing going for him despite never being one in life) so servant Jack would be insane if he weren't summoned as Berserker.

To put it simply, noone knows whether Jack the Ripper was insane person, but Servant Jack the Ripper as embodiment of insanity will be always insane unless it's summoned as Berserker in messed Holly Grail War where rules are more like guidlines then anything anyway.

Insane or not, that shape-shifting power still seems more fitting for an Assassin than a Berserker.

It'll be interesting to see what he can do with Flat's crazy magical power bolstering him.

It'll also be interesting to see how well the naive, happy-go-lucky Flat reacts to the bloody realities of a Holy Grail war.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote