AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-08-15, 16:45   Link #41
thefreakmike

Not to mention he got reincarnated with a mutation piece
Old 2018-08-15, 18:58   Link #42
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
@Lucidrago No there is no quote that states Surtr 2nd is a God-Class being but given that the original Surtr in the real life myths has him fight against the Norse Gods and even kill one during Ragnarok given that Ishibumi doesn't usually change the power of beings from myths so I assume that Surtr (original) in DxD is a God-Class being with his clone Surtr 2nd either being weaker than, as strong as or stronger that Surtr (original).
If I recall Surtr doesn't just kill Freyr, at the end of Ragnarok he burns down the entire world. This kind of power put him absolutely on a god-class level since he has the power to destroy the world.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 19:01   Link #43
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
@Lucidrago No there is no quote that states Surtr 2nd is a God-Class being but given that the original Surtr in the real life myths has him fight against the Norse Gods and even kill one during Ragnarok given that Ishibumi doesn't usually change the power of beings from myths so I assume that Surtr (original) in DxD is a God-Class being with his clone Surtr 2nd either being weaker than, as strong as or stronger that Surtr (original).
Well we can basically say Surtr is god-class but is there any proof that Second is god-class? We can't say that the clone would be as powerful as the original.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 19:30   Link #44
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well we can basically say Surtr is god-class but is there any proof that Second is god-class? We can't say that the clone would be as powerful as the original.
original Surtr has the power to destroy the entire world, even if the clone possesses half of his power he would be a god-class being. They said that if he fought seriously he could have destroyed the Jabberwocky and that his flames are so powerful that are able to burn anything. He is the ultimate Rook.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 21:02   Link #45
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
original Surtr has the power to destroy the entire world, even if the clone possesses half of his power he would be a god-class being. They said that if he fought seriously he could have destroyed the Jabberwocky and that his flames are so powerful that are able to burn anything. He is the ultimate Rook.
we must remember that the mythology in dxd is different from the real one and that also varies in the levels of power
ex:
real myth
zeus> hades or poseidon
myth of dxd
hades> zeus or poseidon
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 06:44   Link #46
Lucidrago

Well Hades is almost never mentioned much in original myth and isn't really an Olympian and just chills out in the Underworld 24/7. People just inflate king of the gods to being the most powerful one.

And do you guys have anything except speculations saying that Second is a god-class being? Would you guys say that the mass-produced Grendels and Ladons are as powerful as the originals.

All Mathers said was that if Second fought properly, THEY could have defeated Jabberwocky immediately. Not Second by himself. Would you guys call Issei god-class if he had a god-class power that he could only use once a year? That seems like the case with Second and his special flames as he couldn't fight any more after he used them.
Old 2018-08-16, 07:14   Link #47
TommyG

I personally don't think Surtr 2nd is as strong as the original just probably more along the lines of people like Vasco in that he is powerful enough to fight gods. Also in Greek mythology Zeus beat Typhon when no one else could so it's not really that outrageous to assume he's the most powerful of the gods.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 07:42   Link #48
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Whether Verrine can join Issei's Peerage I think it would depend how strong she is as a Super Devil because we don't know how strong she is.

I think this is how the Super Devils compare to each other:

Balberith > Sirzechs = Ajuka > Verrine > Rizevim
Old 2018-08-16, 08:29   Link #49
Lucidrago

For all we know Verrine could be no stronger than Rizevim.
Old 2018-08-16, 10:05   Link #50
TommyG

True but by the same logic for all we know she could be more powerful then Sirzechs
Old 2018-08-16, 12:54   Link #51
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: If Surtr in the original myth could destroy the world, and Ishibumi doesn't seem to go that far away from most myths aside from that of Christianity, it would mean that even if Second is weaker than the original he would still be God-class (though it depends on how much weaker he is). It may be speculation, but it does make sense.

And yeah, I'm with TommyG about Verrine. Let's just wait and see for now, but right now I'm thinking she's stronger than Rizevim was but weaker than Sirzechs and Ajuka.
Old 2018-08-16, 14:57   Link #52
Lucidrago

DxD myth=/=original myth.

Original myth: Shemhazai is listed as the leader of Grigori.

DxD myth: Azazel is listed as the leader of Grigori.

Original myth: Apophis is a giant snake.

DxD myth: Apophis is a dragon.

I'm not doubting whether the original is god-class or not but you guys are making Second god-class when you basically have no evidence.

Wouldn't Second be a Super Devil by that logic then?
Old 2018-08-16, 16:31   Link #53
Parry999

Quote:
DxD myth=/=original myth.

Original myth: Shemhazai is listed as the leader of Grigori.

DxD myth: Azazel is listed as the leader of Grigori.

Original myth: Apophis is a giant snake.

DxD myth: Apophis is a dragon.

I'm not doubting whether the original is god-class or not but you guys are making Second god-class when you basically have no evidence.

Wouldn't Second be a Super Devil by that logic then?
Vali and Issei are HD tier and there only candidates. The seconds destructive power is higher then Grayfias clearly. Risevim was higher in god class then you think since he was stronger than the strongest grim reaper. Apophis is a giant flying divine snake though.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 17:31   Link #54
Lucidrago

So then why isn't Second a Super Devil then?
Old 2018-08-16, 17:53   Link #55
Parry999

Quote:
So then why isn't Second a Super Devil then?
Cause his stamina is shit and is probably weaker then even Risevim.
Old 2018-08-17, 10:43   Link #56
bluestahli1

Where did it state that? and wasn't the Surt clone discarded because he was a failed experiment?
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-17, 14:58   Link #57
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestahli1 View Post
Where did it state that? and wasn't the Surt clone discarded because he was a failed experiment?
He has bad control of his flames is why he was abandoned.
Old 2018-08-18, 09:21   Link #58
TommyG

Getting off the topic of Surtr 2nd, do you think Issei will get a youkai in his peerage? I don't think he'd get a nekomata but could he get a different type?
Old 2018-08-18, 09:39   Link #59
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@TommyG How about a female descendant of Shuten-douji for Issei's Peerage as a Rook?
Old 2018-08-18, 09:44   Link #60
TommyG

Would be interesting but I thought oni have already been introduced as those little coloured monsters Akeno has as her familiars.