AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-11-14, 15:59   Link #481
Palmito

Or Issei could use his pieces in someone who is really powerful or has a lot of potential instead of 2 normal humans (Katase and Murayama) and a Wallmart Asia (Kiyome).
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 22:05   Link #482
The Infinite Dream

@Palmito right. I mean he already stated he was only going to use them on strong women. Not saying a human wont be one but they'll have to be exceptionally strong not some normal highschool girls.
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 23:46   Link #483
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infinite Dream View Post
@Palmito right. I mean he already stated he was only going to use them on strong women. Not saying a human wont be one but they'll have to be exceptionally strong not some normal highschool girls.
Not necessarily. Issei was reincarnated due to his potential since he cost 8 pawns. Yet was initially pathetically weak. So a normal high school girl could become powerful with time as well
Old 2018-11-15, 02:12   Link #484
The Infinite Dream

@Cyberdemon Let me reiterate NORMAL Issei wasnt normal while yes he was human he had longinous. Nothing has been implied that i know of that they have sacred gears.
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 08:52   Link #485
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

his potential was high in the beginning, he just weak because he don't know anything and wasn't serious back then
Old 2018-11-15, 13:16   Link #486
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Not necessarily. Issei was reincarnated due to his potential since he cost 8 pawns. Yet was initially pathetically weak. So a normal high school girl could become powerful with time as well
Issei kind of had a Longinus which could allow him to potentially kill gods. Kind of an unequal comparison between him and any regular human.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 14:32   Link #487
sbh1fr

Dont look down on humans.
Even without SG or magic, they can become powerful. Im not gonna say as much as strada but see some of the members of Sona and Raiser peerages.
Even Sirzechs reincarnted souji okita and the desendant of beowolf...
About issei being weak when he reincarnated, its also cuz he was just weak even among humans. All he thought about was ecchi and oppai and probably never did any sport or ttaining worth mentioning.
Murayama and kitase are both athletic, They are in kendo club...
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 14:43   Link #488
TommyG

Beowulf descendant is a hero descendant, they tend to be above the norm and doesn't Sirzechs knight have like a bunch of youkai bound to him or something? I'd say that doesn't exactly count as normal (unless I'm mistaken) Sona's peerage was hardly anything special until they got their artificial sacred gears, and even then the ones that stand out the most are Saji (a natural born sacred gear wielder), Bennia, a grim reaper and Loup Garou who's a werewolf.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 15:05   Link #489
fan

TommyG@ sona's peerage is special . she has a rich girl who knew sona's clan , a holy sword user who was cursed to die , and a magician . ruruko is the only normal human in sona's peerage. also tsubaki has a sacred gear like saji
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 15:10   Link #490
TommyG

Forgot about Tsubaki there but how does being rich make you more valuable in terms of evil pieces?
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 15:21   Link #491
fan

TommyG@ Momo might have asked sona to put her in sona's peerage
Old 2018-11-15, 15:58   Link #492
Lucidrago

Well Mom's father was just a higher-up in a certain company or something like that and he's acquainted with the House of Sitri.

Still until she became a devil, she was just a mundane human(no supernatural powers or supernatural weapons of the sort). I'm pretty sure that Sona found a trait in Momo that she found useful like with Nimura(Sona's pawn) and her perceptiveness despite just being a mundane human.

Recruiting talented humans or those with potential doesn't mean they exactly have to be a part of the supernatural world or have supernatural powers.
Old 2018-11-15, 16:00   Link #493
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
Dont look down on humans.
Even without SG or magic, they can become powerful. Im not gonna say as much as strada but see some of the members of Sona and Raiser peerages.
Even Sirzechs reincarnted souji okita and the desendant of beowolf...
About issei being weak when he reincarnated, its also cuz he was just weak even among humans. All he thought about was ecchi and oppai and probably never did any sport or ttaining worth mentioning.
Murayama and kitase are both athletic, They are in kendo club...
Beowulf is a descendant of a hero, Okita Souji have dozens of Youkai in his body, they are not ordinary humans. The members of Raiser's peerage are weak and without the artificial SG the human members of Sona's peerage are also weak (except Saji and Tsubaki who are natural SG users). Without an SG or being an descendant of a hero a human can not become powerful, of course there are exceptions like Strada, but you can not take an exception and try to use it as the rule.

If Issei reincarnates Murayama and Katase the maximum level they could reach would be middle-class devil (the level of power that Riser's peerage probably has), this is not bad for an ordinary devil, but considering the level of the enemies that Issei is facing and will face in the future he needs a peerage where each one of the members is at least in the level of Ultimate-class devils.
Old 2018-11-15, 16:07   Link #494
fan

Palmito@ sona's peerage isn't weak . sona just isn't in a rush to get strong like everyone else . she told issei that if she went into a rating game she would lose . since devils can live for 10 tousand years . she can take her time and train her peerage .
Old 2018-11-15, 16:13   Link #495
Lucidrago

Xenovia is strong and she was a human who wasn't the descendant of a hero and neither did she have a Sacred Gear.

Irina was just a human who wasn't the descendant of a hero or had a Sacred Gear. And she was strong.

Milana was just a human who had neither of those things. And she was strong enough to become Gabriel's Ace.

And Riser's peerage isn't weak. It's just that you're comparing them to those that are exceptions. That's like saying Tannin's weak when you compare him to the Top 10 Strongest supernatural beings.
Old 2018-11-15, 16:26   Link #496
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan View Post
Palmito@ sona's peerage isn't weak . sona just isn't in a rush to get strong like everyone else . she told issei that if she went into a rating game she would lose . since devils can live for 10 tousand years . she can take her time and train her peerage .
@Fan Compare the human members of Sona's peerage (except Saji and Tsubaki) with the main characters. Do not you think they're weak? Now take out the artificial SGs. Do not you think they're ridiculously weak? That is the thing here. If you put a human who does not have an SG or is a descendant of a hero (like the humans of Sona's peerage, Murayama and Katase) in Issei's peerage, you're basically putting someone weak in the midst of monsters.

@Lucidrago Xenovia, Irina and Milana were able to fight with supernatural beings as humans. Do you think any human with training can do this? Again, do not try to use exceptions as the rule of how things are.

And yes I am comparing Riser's peerage with the main characters because the reason for the debate is: Murayama and Katase joining Issei's peerage (in other words the main characters), so I used Riser's peerage as an example of how an ordinary devil is weak compared to the main characters. If Murayama and Katase joined Issei's peerage, it would be as if one of the members of Raiser's peerage joined Issei's peerage. They would basically mess up more than they would help.
Old 2018-11-15, 16:45   Link #497
fan

again sona's peerage is not weak . sona is not in a rush to get strong and she has no reason to make her peerage strong and also issei doesn't care if a girl is strong or weak .
Old 2018-11-15, 16:49   Link #498
Palmito

Quote:
again sona's peerage is not weak . sona is not in a rush to get strong and she has no reason to make her peerage strong and also issei doesn't care if a girl is strong or weak .
Sigh. You really did not understand anything I said, did you? And yes, when it comes to the peerage, Issei does care whether the girl is strong or not.
Old 2018-11-15, 16:57   Link #499
fan

i did understand what you said . show me issei wanting a strong peerage . and i will never see anyone as weak. so again sona does not want to be strong like issei or anyone on or near his level
Old 2018-11-15, 17:14   Link #500
Palmito

Quote:
i did understand what you said . show me issei wanting a strong peerage . and i will never see anyone as weak. so again sona does not want to be strong like issei or anyone on or near his level
You clearly did not understand anything that I said.

"I've acted reckless until now in order to become a harem king. That is my goal, and my wish to become that has not changed even now. -But, Tannin-ossan told me. That's a waste to set that my final goal. So, I thought about it a little, but I think it's useless to just aim for an ordinary harem. It's best if I can make a harem with an attractiveness that will not lose to anyone and that is strong in the games as well" -Hyoudou Issei.

Since volume 1 Issei wants to create a harem with his servants when he becomes a high-class devil, but like the quote from volume 5 show you he starts wanting to form a harem that is strong in the Rating games as well, in other words a strong peerage. This should not even be a debate, why do you think he makes the girls train to get stronger?