AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-11, 08:14   Link #3621
willx
Nyaaan~~

Y'know, I've always talked about Tatsuya isn't a "hero" persay .. but I realize he's still a better person than I am. Or at least his emotionlessness makes him less vindictive than I would be..

I mean, with the ability to disintegrate and regrow, part of me would be tempted to make my enemies SUFFER .. not just physical pain but traumatic mental pain as well. Disintegrate holes in them, break their bones or injury them only to instantaneously heal them .. (I get that I'd also take the pain myself, albeit the "time multiplier" would be much shorter if it's instantaneous)
Old 2013-03-11, 08:20   Link #3622
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Y'know, I've always talked about Tatsuya isn't a "hero" persay .. but I realize he's still a better person than I am. Or at least his emotionlessness makes him less vindictive than I would be..

I mean, with the ability to disintegrate and regrow, part of me would be tempted to make my enemies SUFFER .. not just physical pain but traumatic mental pain as well. Disintegrate holes in them, break their bones or injury them only to instantaneously heal them .. (I get that I'd also take the pain myself, albeit the "time multiplier" would be much shorter if it's instantaneous)
The pain multiplier would repel most others from doing it, though if some poor soul actually harmed Miyuki, I could see Tatsuya going berserk and repeat disintegration/regrowth, as in he deserves a thousand deaths.

Speaking about regrowth, when Ichijou hit Tatsuya with those two attacks in Vol.4 and he regenerated immediately, did he 'suffer' twice the damage?
First from the actual attack, then the mental pain from reading and replacing his Eidos?
Old 2013-03-11, 08:26   Link #3623
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The pain multiplier would repel most others from doing it, though if some poor soul actually harmed Miyuki, I could see Tatsuya going berserk and repeat disintegration/regrowth, as in he deserves a thousand deaths.

Speaking about regrowth, when Ichijou hit Tatsuya with those two attacks in Vol.4 and he regenerated immediately, did he 'suffer' twice the damage?
First from the actual attack, then the mental pain from reading and replacing his Eidos?
Yeah, I get that I'd take the pain as well, but I'm a pretty vindictive person .. my philosophy is to respond to hostility with utter and immense force and destruction. Implant absolute fear and terror into their hearts.. *ahem* .. Right, Tatsuya lacks emotions..

Um, maybe, but then again I think he already "knows" his own Eidos, so it doesn't seem like that step which causes the pain - to read the Eidos - is necessary.
Old 2013-03-11, 08:50   Link #3624
mumalkatar

Location: Residential District of 22nd Floor of Tower of God,
Question!!!!!! I'm wondering this just now. not really important though.

First. Which one is stronger or more dangerous? Strategic-Class Magician (like Tatsuya) or War-Class (like the user of Deep Abyss, i forgot her name)? Irrespective of the individual registered as one, which one is stronger in warfare? (what I mean is in military weaponry term) Or is it actually the same, but it's just lost in translation?

Second. is Lina a registered Strategic-Class or War-Class Magician?

thank you.. and waiting for the answer..

p.s. By the way, I remember Kazama saying this to Elder Kudou
"...For point defense situations, Ichijou Masaki rivals an entire armored battallion's combat strength.

Yet, Tatsuya alone possesses the might of a strategic warhead. ..."
Old 2013-03-11, 08:57   Link #3625
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumalkatar View Post

First. Which one is stronger or more dangerous? Strategic-Class Magician (like Tatsuya) or War-Class (like the user of Deep Abyss, i forgot her name)? Irrespective of the individual registered as one, which one is stronger in warfare? (what I mean is in military weaponry term) Or is it actually the same, but it's just lost in translation?

"...For point defense situations, Ichijou Masaki rivals an entire armored battallion's combat strength.

Strategic-class and war class are the same thing, just different translations. Tatsuya is hands-down stronger than Japan's apostle(a registered strategic-class) due to her being practically a cripple and the blind spots in her magic(she can do nothing for air strikes and her effectiveness on land is reduced.)

Lina is an apostle as well under the name of Angie Sirius. Though she is unique in that she still hides her indentity somewhat despite being registered. She wears a mask while "working."
Old 2013-03-11, 09:04   Link #3626
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumalkatar View Post

Strategic-class and War-class are the same term for magician that has destructive magic. It's not mean that they are strongest, just has magic that can easily erase a whole town from map. For example like Erika and Mari. I think they can match with Lina if fight 1 on 1. The magician for Erika, Mari, Mayumi, Miyuki are in Combat-class.

So, if you understand that about Strategic-class and Combat-class, this is estimate:

Lina
Strategic-class -> in high tier (rank A+)
Combat-class -> in high tier (rank AA)

Tatsuya
Strategic-class -> in highest tier (rank cheat)
Combat-class -> in highest tier (rank cheat)

Miyuki
Strategic-class -> not include
Combat-class -> in highest tier (rank S+)

Itsuwa .... (Deep Abyss)
Strategic-class -> in highest tier (rank S+)
Combat-class -> in lowest tier (rank C)

the rank is just estimate from their battle strength.
And Strategic-class magic I think need permission to using it.
Can you imagine what happen if Lina and Tatsuya using Strategic-class magic when they battle at the park in the middle town?

Last edited by sandhy88; 2013-03-11 at 09:30.
Old 2013-03-11, 09:32   Link #3627
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Who cares about that!? Just blow those morals with material burst

Oh and anyway...just got around reading vol 8. It's really glorious to see Miyuki's thoughts and her developing bro-con attitudes
It could still happen since Miyuki and Tatsuya when it comes to this kind of thing are no better than Elementary school kids (i feel like i should take that back some of those kids are scary wise in this field).
Old 2013-03-11, 10:00   Link #3628
Chirst

Just want to share guys,
At last , I am gonna have Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei in my own country's version this month
Spoiler for Promotion:
Old 2013-03-11, 10:37   Link #3629
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Unhappy i have to hat off to your self-twisted sense. I have to, i have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Actually I take nothing about the Yotsuba at face value unless it is clearly stated by the omisentient 3 person narrator even Tatsuya's pov isn't perfect as he can misread peoples intentions. I also don't trust summaries as unwittingly or not they have bias in then as well as may not impart some of the more subtle currents.
The thing is their have been no small skirmishes as you call them.

First if you are referring to his father as his boss His step mother wasn't acting on behalf of the Yotsuba in fact she hates them nor does she want him to be a slave. The fact is he is one of the finest researchers they have ever had. I do have a theory that the reason his father wants him to come work for them is that he sees it as a way to give his son freedom but that is not how Tatsuya interprets it.

The second hasn't been translated yet and doesn't make too much sense since Maya knows that only Miyuki should be able to give the order for him to step down.

If either one becomes the enemy of the state they are dead. The only reason tatsuya has any degree of freedom is do to the number of chains that bind him. get rid of too many of them and he becomes to dangerous to be allowed to live.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see the cardinal codes more like Assembly (fast and powerful but a bit hard to understand), normal magic as something like C++, ancient could be like PASCAL (easy to use but leaves a lot of room for optimization), and Tatsuya's as machine code (harder then hell to use but extremely powerful and able to be extremely optimized)
*sigh*
How can you completely ignore my main point?
Is it really matter as his boss's bitch (you can't call that shit "father", that would be an insult to my father) is Yotsuba or Yotsuba's parasite?
The point is he doesn't just simply take bullshit requests with delight face. He doesn't give in without a fight.

And please, don't make baseless theory. Make it and prove it with evident. Like this:

Spoiler:

And honestly, f.u.c.k. evidents. Let's me ask you this:
Please enlighten me what kind of father, who doesn't let his son have his right of learning and pursuing happiness by prohibiting him from learning at high school, would care about his freedom?

This kind of father, i have seen it twice. One is my outer grandfather(my mother's dad), the other is my aunt's husband. So i really don't even need to look twice to know if they really cares for anything beside themselves.

Point1.5, really? So "no skirmish"? Like in the " there is no magic fight one on one with Yotsuba" thus no rebel against them?
If you ever learn history subject, in secondary school, you probably learn that war is not decided by battles (left alone "skirmish") but the combination of violence battle, political battle and diplomatic battle( basically you and your opponent try to draw as much neutral elements to your side as possible.)
He has the violence, he has the diplomatic(money/technology and nuke-carrot and stick babe~). With all this, come political power. (The lion once said to the bunny:"your reasons would be very convincing if they have my claws.)

Second point, okay, let this point slide, for now... Let talk about how he tries to refuse to fight monolith code and Katsuto has to use brute force of abusing authority instead of reasoning to make him fight? (Even through it's not like Tatsuya loses anything to just go fight beside his laziness.)
=>again, he does not simply take orders.

Third point, what state? USNA or Japan. Do you even get my point or you just do the word to word rebuttal like if i say "yes", you have to say "no"?
Because, honestly, this argument makes no sense.

Let me assume you talk about" if he oppose Japan, he is f.ucked then :
It is in their best interest to appeal Tatsuya not to leave. Let not talk about him opposing Japan, even if he just leave and left them alone and defend themselves, they are fucked (twice already if not for him.)
It is the freaking competition who is his favorite bitch among countries: like girls, mistress and queen try their best to be the king's favorite bitch.
He is a freaking gold mine, jackpot , the king. One doesn't simply oppose him. Their only course of action is to appeal him to be on their side.

Is it really that hard to understand?
Let take a look at real life example beside king and his harem.
Spoiler:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P/S: i almost forget.
Please tell me you are Chiaki's fan, please.
Please don't tell me you are any other girl's fan.
So i don't feel any hate toward them.
Chiaki is fine though or the douche bag or the annoying rude & nosy & bothering Masaki and George.

P/S2: You don't have to answer this question but it will be very welcome: how old are you? (i'm very curious and i know it's a personal question, so you don't need to answer it. i'm 22 BTW)

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-03-11 at 12:37.
Old 2013-03-11, 11:07   Link #3630
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirst View Post
Just want to share guys,
At last , I am gonna have Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei in my own country's version this month
Spoiler for Promotion:
Ya know, Thai translation of whatever book suck (rarely do good ones appear) due to the fact that the usage of words in Thai doesn't mesh that well with other languages + some of Thai translated media whether it be books or documentary some just translated like shit if you compared it to the original. Don't mean to offend or anything just stating the truth ----> not worth buying it, if you want to collect just buy it in the original language.
Old 2013-03-11, 11:26   Link #3631
bietchie11

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirst View Post
Just want to share guys,
Spoiler for Promotion:
Damn, i am so jelly right now.
Old 2013-03-11, 11:38   Link #3632
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
Well there are reference to it but it's not like everything of the legend was taken and put into Tatsuya.

To recruit Tatsuya for USNA, or killed him if he declines.
... i just don't want to spoil him

=.=

And now everyone ruin my good will.

Still, what you mention is actually just her optional objective.
Old 2013-03-11, 11:49   Link #3633
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
... i just don't want to spoil him

=.=

And now everyone ruin my good will.

Still, what you mention is actually just her optional objective.
What is the real objective them.
Old 2013-03-11, 11:51   Link #3634
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Who cares about that!? Just blow those morals with material burst

Oh and anyway...just got around reading vol 8. It's really glorious to see Miyuki's thoughts and her developing bro-con attitudes
WAHAHAHAHA!! That's the biggest obstacle of any Miyuki fan!! Any way I do not dislike Miyuki, to be exact she is one of my favorite characters in the LN other than Tatsuya. I am just being realistic.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-03-11, 11:55   Link #3635
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
What is the real objective them.
Find out who or what caused "Scorched Halloween."
Old 2013-03-11, 11:58   Link #3636
bietchie11

Lin main objective.

Spoiler:

And Libros, you forget to insert trollface in your comment.
Old 2013-03-11, 12:02   Link #3637
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Really? I wasn't trying to troll... True, all I know about the Vamp arc is what I've read in the summaries..so I may be wrong. But as far as I know, what I posted above is what I believe to be Lina/USNA's main goal.

Last edited by Libros; 2013-03-11 at 12:13.
Old 2013-03-11, 12:13   Link #3638
babbo3d

Quote:
Spoiler:

Are you sure i remembered it differently.
Old 2013-03-11, 12:18   Link #3639
Iamis

Lina has 2 objectives according to the summaries

Spoiler for Objectives:
Old 2013-03-11, 12:40   Link #3640
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamis View Post
Lina has 2 objectives according to the summaries

Spoiler for Objectives:

That's what i'm saying

Spoiler for Objectives:

To Libros:
Spoiler:

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-03-11 at 12:51.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings