Old 2014-11-03, 17:21   Link #1
cabman11

modern weapons in a magical world [ web novel]

Title; modern weapons in a magical world
Original; ファンタジー世界を現代兵器チートが行く。
Link ; http://ncode.syosetu.com/n7244bl/

Summary: ファンタジー世界を現代兵器チートが行く。
作者:トマホーク
ミリオタ高校生の長門和也が現代兵器や兵士を召喚する能力を貰い異世界トリップ。 召喚したヤンデレ副官や兵士達と共に現代兵器を駆使して異世界の陸海空を縦横無尽に暴れ回る。 戦闘あり無双ありヤンデレハーレムあり修羅場ありのお話となっています。 ※なお、この作品はハーメルン様にも投稿させて頂いております。

My summary

The mc died on earth 50 years before he was supposed to an as an " apology "from God. he is sent to an alternate world( not reincarnation but actually transported) where he can summon modern weapons in the magical world. do you also have the ability to summon troops military vehicles and the likes.
but magic is also cheating this series too

. but then again a bullet to the head solve all your problems.
And the oopsie summons are pretty yandere. especially the first lieutenant.
she was about to cap the princesses ass when she slap the MC.

he also has a weird healing power that makes people fanatical about him depending on how severe the rooms are and how much he heals them.

his healing power basically has the ability of Hitler's hate speech.

things he can summon include:
>any modern weapon or weapon that is in development up to 2014
> troops to handle said weapons ( current capability of 20 million troops.[ they are copied souls from military officials on earth and military men from legends in history) extremely loyal and fanatical)
any modern military vehicle and transport.( this includes jets, Humvees, helicopters, aircraft carriers, destroyers ect..
> any modern military base.

basically he use all of this tools to build his own island nation equivalence to America

but don't worry magic is pretty broken in this series too.

Last edited by cabman11; 2014-11-03 at 17:51.
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 17:30   Link #2
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

So broken...but magic is....broken as well. Broken vs Broken, I wonder what will decide the victor xD wait for it......
Spoiler for b-b-b-b-b-BROKEN!!!!!!!:
IDK, look like a good piece of WN to translate xD
Old 2014-11-03, 17:39   Link #3
cadu_

I didnt get the yandere part.
Old 2014-11-03, 17:41   Link #4
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
Your Harem senses isn't tingling? You should probably call a doctor. I'll do it for ya

MEDIC!!!!!! We have a malfunction soldier!!
Old 2014-11-03, 17:44   Link #5
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

I can't help but imagine a Real Time Strategy player using the tools in a map's World Editor to just screw whoever pissed him off.

---

Enemy: "You will stop me? You and what army?"
MC: *Clicks the Units Tools & Generates hundreds of Land & Air units, surrounding his enemies* "This army!"
Enemy: *crying puppy sounds*
Old 2014-11-03, 17:46   Link #6
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
as in they will shoot you in the head if you talk bad about their commander.
oh yeah the female soldiers tend to sexually assault him leading to multiple rapes despite his order for them to stop. his first lieutenant though. REALLY YANDERE
Old 2014-11-03, 17:48   Link #7
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
I can't help but imagine a Real Time Strategy player using the tools in a map's World Editor to just screw whoever pissed him off.

---

Enemy: "You will stop me? You and what army?"
MC: *Clicks the Units Tools & Generates hundreds of Land & Air units, surrounding his enemies* "This army!"
Enemy: *crying puppy sounds*
one of the rules of his powers that God gave him is that he can't summon anything when " in battle"
oh and apparently this entire thing is just one sick joke for God.
Old 2014-11-03, 17:50   Link #8
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
one of the rules of his powers that God gave him is that he can't summon anything when " in battle"
oh and apparently this entire thing is just one sick joke for God.
Unnecessary limiter -.- at least let him have a gun! wait..."in battle" so does that mean he can summon whatever he wish before the battle and still use it?
Old 2014-11-03, 17:51   Link #9
cabman11

his first lieutenant is so yandere that when his presidential helicopter got shot down by a magic cannon and he went missing for a couple days she took command and had the troops prepare nuclear warheads in the ICBM's.
Old 2014-11-03, 17:58   Link #10
techblade

Sounds crazy and reminds me of Gate I like modern military in an alternate world setting wrecking havoc.
techblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 18:03   Link #11
cabman11

His current summoning capabilities as of the latest chapters.
Note this was ripped off google translate

------------

[Summoning of weapons]
Weapons that that it has been planning, development, and production in
2014 is now available for summons.

[Summoned possible amount and troops organized]
The current level is 67.

Infantry, 20 million people

Artillery, 25,000

Vehicles and 25,000

Aircraft and 10,000

Ship-9500

※ personnel required to operate such as artillery, vehicles, aircraft and
vessels will be summoned together when you summon these weapons.

※ personnel of logistical support (Engineer, The Soldier and
communication soldier-supply soldier, medic, etc.) personnel of logistic
support that can be summoned now has become available as a
separate summons are not included in the infantry and to "Theater"
scale now you have.

※ infantry There is no limit of the range of heavy weapons and small
arms fire of the summons that can be operated.

[Help]
· [Notes of ability]
Even without using the menu screen summoned by voice and thinking
is possible.

Once summoned munitions, resources and facilities you will be able to
turn off, but the people (soldiers) can not be erased.
(Dead bodies of soldiers who died also impossible to extinguish. Also
you will not be able to summon the same person as the deceased
soldier again)

"In combat" you can not use summoned ability

Full heal: you are capable of healing allies
[ side effect: those affected to show fanatical worship like behavior depending on the severity of the wounds]
Old 2014-11-03, 18:53   Link #12
Namorax

So, he can create a single copy of every soldier that ever lived out of thin air (which should be... a few dozen billions, maybe more?), and they are fanatically loyal so he'll never have to fear being betrayed or belittled. After all, he's a civilian while they are soldiers. What kind of soldier would happily receive direct orders from someone who never learned about combat, strategy or tactics?
He can summon every weapon that ever existed up the weapons of the 21st century (satellites as well?). He doesnt have to bother with fuel, ammunition and from the sounds of it even about feeding his troops or keeping their morale up, since he can just summon more people to take care of that for him.

I don't really see what is supposed to be interesting about a story like that... even a small squad of modern-day infantery should be capable of wiping out a small horde of orcs/monster of the day. They might be "surprised" by mages, but in the end the soldiers would deal with them as well after loosing a few of their numbers.

Where's the suspense? Or is this a storyabout the MC's character growth, exploring how he struggles with his sudden military power and the decicions he has to make? How his knowledge and superior weaponry impact the fantasy world god/author decided to drop him into? (Nah, probably not...)

cabman mentioned this story was just a joke for god. I guess god=author... Maybe the story has merit oris indeed interesting. But after reading the introduction I dont think I'll bother keeping this on my radar.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 19:00   Link #13
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
So, he can create a single copy of every soldier that ever lived out of thin air (which should be... a few dozen billions, maybe more?), and they are fanatically loyal so he'll never have to fear being betrayed or belittled. After all, he's a civilian while they are soldiers. What kind of soldier would happily receive direct orders from someone who never learned about combat, strategy or tactics?
He can summon every weapon that ever existed up the weapons of the 21st century (satellites as well?). He doesnt have to bother with fuel, ammunition and from the sounds of it even about feeding his troops or keeping their morale up, since he can just summon more people to take care of that for him.

I don't really see what is supposed to be interesting about a story like that... even a small squad of modern-day infantery should be capable of wiping out a small horde of orcs/monster of the day. They might be "surprised" by mages, but in the end the soldiers would deal with them as well after loosing a few of their numbers.

Where's the suspense? Or is this a storyabout the MC's character growth, exploring how he struggles with his sudden military power and the decicions he has to make? How his knowledge and superior weaponry impact the fantasy world god/author decided to drop him into? (Nah, probably not...)

cabman mentioned this story was just a joke for god. I guess god=author... Maybe the story has merit oris indeed interesting. But after reading the introduction I dont think I'll bother keeping this on my radar.
part of his powers that he receives military knowledge. And how to utilize it. plus he can summon military advisers and magic in this series is really 0p. the modern military equipment give him a good edge. I'm talking s*** like floating magic island fortress magic death beams. bullshit spells and curses. zombies, bulletproof dragons and other fantasy like bullshit. at one point he had to go nucular because he couldn't get past their magic shield

Oh and if you actually read the story instead of coming here and ranting you would know that he started out only with a small platoon and only being able to summon stuff from ww2. the more he wipes out in the more trials from God he completes the more he can summon

oh and finally where's the appeal in this? We want to see if stuck up magician get a bullet to the head
Old 2014-11-03, 19:12   Link #14
dedecou

Quote:
His current summoning capabilities as of the latest chapters.
Note this was ripped off google translate

------------

[Summoning of weapons]
Weapons that that it has been planning, development, and production in
2014 is now available for summons.

[Summoned possible amount and troops organized]
The current level is 67.

Infantry, 20 million people

Artillery, 25,000

Vehicles and 25,000

Aircraft and 10,000

Ship-9500

※ personnel required to operate such as artillery, vehicles, aircraft and
vessels will be summoned together when you summon these weapons.

※ personnel of logistical support (Engineer, The Soldier and
communication soldier-supply soldier, medic, etc.) personnel of logistic
support that can be summoned now has become available as a
separate summons are not included in the infantry and to "Theater"
scale now you have.

※ infantry There is no limit of the range of heavy weapons and small
arms fire of the summons that can be operated.

[Help]
· [Notes of ability]
Even without using the menu screen summoned by voice and thinking
is possible.

Once summoned munitions, resources and facilities you will be able to
turn off, but the people (soldiers) can not be erased.
(Dead bodies of soldiers who died also impossible to extinguish. Also
you will not be able to summon the same person as the deceased
soldier again)

"In combat" you can not use summoned ability

Full heal: you are capable of healing allies
[ side effect: those affected to show fanatical worship like behavior depending on the severity of the wounds]
I didn't read the story, but from what I could read in the thread. I have some questions.

Are those Artillery pieces or just how much personnel they work under that branch of the army?

25 thousands of vehicles and artilleries pieces is too little for 20 millions.
Even more since he doesn't build them(so you don't consider the cost of it), there should be more.

Even more considering the fact that our modern infantry don't walk to the frontlines, we use Motorized Infantry(Trucks and so on) and Mechanized Infantry(Combat Vehicles). Infantry on foot is too slow and isn't mobile at all.
When you have Tanks and no Infantry fast enough to support it, then you have a WW1. Think about it, for tanks, US only has some 5 thousands of M1 Abrams(I think, correct me if I am wrong.), and this army... well, it's several times the size of it.

For the Navy, if the '9500' is just the personnel number, then also it isn't that much. The Modern Navies focus on bringing Air Power anywhere on the world(and that means Aircrafts carrier's), though it still do things like ground support(like with that new Zumwalt class with it's AGS with 100km of range), amphibious assaults and so on.

Well, as I said I didn't read the story, so feel free to correct me.
dedecou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 19:20   Link #15
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedecou View Post
I didn't read the story, but from what I could read in the thread. I have some questions.

Are those Artillery pieces or just how much personnel they work under that branch of the army?

25 thousands of vehicles and artilleries pieces is too little for 20 millions.
Even more since he doesn't build them(so you don't consider the cost of it), there should be more.

Even more considering the fact that our modern infantry don't walk to the frontlines, we use Motorized Infantry(Trucks and so on) and Mechanized Infantry(Combat Vehicles). Infantry on foot is too slow and isn't mobile at all.
When you have Tanks and no Infantry fast enough to support it, then you have a WW1. Think about it, for tanks, US only has some 5 thousands of M1 Abrams(I think, correct me if I am wrong.), and this army... well, it's several times the size of it.

For the Navy, if the '9500' is just the personnel number, then also it isn't that much. The Modern Navies focus on bringing Air Power anywhere on the world(and that means Aircrafts carrier's), though it still do things like ground support(like with that new Zumwalt class with it's AGS with 100km of range), amphibious assaults and so on.

Well, as I said I didn't read the story, so feel free to correct me.
those stats are from latest chapters in after hes already been in many big battles and leveled-up. the enemy actually can make up for numbers with magical Gollum's that they make. initially he could only some of the weapons from 1945.

you might think the enemy is lacking in numbers but they're not. they have magical fortresses, magic guns, super magic weapon equivalent to a nuke. and super op magic mega shield that need a nuke to burst

this entire thing isn't as one sideed as people might think

and on the enemy side they have like summon the heroes with bullshit hero powers.
and they're starting to incorporate technology into their magic. even if the technology is a little outdated
Old 2014-11-03, 19:51   Link #16
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
The enemy actually can make up for numbers with magical Gollum's that they make.

An army? Scary...

Seriously though, I myself would like to see such very large scale magic vs. tech battles. One of those things that I'd pay to watch so this has gotten my attention.

There's also that satisfying feeling of seeing a cocky mage getting capped in the face before he can chant a spell...

---

I guess he's limited to only "known" modern technology because of the rules, since "experimental" ones are not available to the public huh.
Old 2014-11-03, 20:04   Link #17
aurel1

any translation on this wm...?
Old 2014-11-03, 20:08   Link #18
cabman11

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post

An army? Scary...

Seriously though, I myself would like to see such very large scale magic vs. tech battles. One of those things that I'd pay to watch so this has gotten my attention.

There's also that satisfying feeling of seeing a cocky mage getting capped in the face before he can chant a spell...

---

I guess he's limited to only "known" modern technology because of the rules, since "experimental" ones are not available to the public huh.
He can basically use any Military technology from any country. has been developed or is in development because the soldiers he summoned are basically copies of the real people on earth with all their memories and experiences.
in essence he's actually populating his own country with real people.

basically if he were to die they can take over by themselves and be extremely functional in this new world. rebuilding an America in the magical world spreading DEMOCRACY
Old 2014-11-03, 20:30   Link #19
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurel1 View Post
any translation on this wm...?
Well, I am interested, but I dislike the fact that he has a random limiter on him, there prob a reason but it gonna be something like "Oh, people can't handle your power, so no" idk, may have to read it before jumping into any conclusion :P but then again, if i like it, it may as well be a side-side project since I have another one I'm working on.
Old 2014-11-03, 20:36   Link #20
aurel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnguyen14 View Post
Well, I am interested, but I dislike the fact that he has a random limiter on him, there prob a reason but it gonna be something like "Oh, people can't handle your power, so no" idk, may have to read it before jumping into any conclusion :P but then again, if i like it, it may as well be a side-side project since I have another one I'm working on.
i see.. i hope you interested translating this wm. in mean while i will read using gt to satisfied my curiosity

Tags
different world, guns