AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-19, 00:24   Link #1
james0246

One Piece - Chapter 682 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

I assume that there will be spoilers released some time in the next 6 or so hours, so here is the new chapter discussion thread...
Old 2012-09-19, 01:50   Link #2
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The spoiler this time comes from me.
Magically got hold of chapter before T.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-19, 02:22   Link #3
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Nice. Quite a lot of events unfolding. Action is picking up. I'm particulary pleased to see that Baby 5 and Buffalo will be sent as reinforcements. This even outs the odds somewhat since, as was mentioned in the other thread, we had somewhat of a lack of opponents for the strawhats.
Old 2012-09-19, 02:37   Link #4
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Baby 5 has five weapons btw.
A sword, An axe, a rifle, and two scimitars.
She wears a maid outfit, smokes a cigarette, and calling her boss a bastard.

Dofla's chillin there with three hot babes around him, and that loli sitting next to him.
Old 2012-09-19, 04:37   Link #5
Seitsuki
Onee!

Is it just me, or could

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-09-19, 04:46   Link #6
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Oh wow I'm pretty surprised. Caesar's been built up as the main antagonist of this whole arc and yet this chapter pretty much shows he's just a loyal henchman of Doflamingo. The fact Doflamingo considers Law a "brother" isn't too shocking though. Since they both have smiley jolly rogers there was a good possibility the two were connected.

Jeez though, Doflamingo just oozed badass pimp this whole chapter. Speaking over den den mushi whilst avoiding an enraged maid continuously attacking him with several different weapons. He really is a cool antagonist.~

And Kinemon's son was turned into a dragon? Doesn't that kind of make his mission to rescue him kind of pointless now? He seems to know what already happened based on his reaction towards the dragon he and Brook killed.

Anyway, I have a good feeling Dresrosa is where the Straw Hats will be heading next in pursuit of Caesar, Vergo and Monet after this fiasco on Punk Hazard is over.

On a side-note, the loli character has what looks like a monocle-eyepatch thing over her left eye. I wonder if this is the character Oda was talking about when he said there would be a character with an eyepatch? Way to play with expectations sir.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-09-19 at 12:51.
Old 2012-09-19, 05:38   Link #7
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Kinda disappointed that the big threat that's got the baddies so worked up still wasn't revealed, we just know it's called SAD now. At least some more people will be joining the fray, so the action will be more diverse.

Not sure if this will really lead to a clash with DoFlamingo yet, it seems a bit too early for that.
Old 2012-09-19, 06:13   Link #8
yakumo-chan

Something's wrong with Sanji's Leg,,,, This is going to be sad in the future
Old 2012-09-19, 06:15   Link #9
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
Something's wrong with Sanji's Leg,,,, This is going to be sad in the future
Well at least got out there safely by himself. I thought he was gonna get a beating by Vergo now.
Old 2012-09-19, 06:22   Link #10
yakumo-chan

I think Oda is foreshadowing Sanji's leg going to be broken in the future,

then it will be a sad story,,
Sanji will choose, Cooking or fighting???
Old 2012-09-19, 06:53   Link #11
mrShady

Why would a broken leg stop Sanji from ever fighting again?
Usopp almost turned into goo and he's only gotten stronger since.
It's just a normal strawhat pirates handicap:P.

This chapter definitely reminded me of the alabasta arc, however this time without a boss that underestimates them and a country to save.
The supposed killing of the dragon by Kin-emon is pretty brutal though especially if he knew it was his son.
Also he really does appear to have a mystic zoan type fruit based on the Kyuubi.
Old 2012-09-19, 07:23   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Doflamingo's crew is cool. A loli, two old farts, a crazy killer maid and some goofy looking dude in a swimsuit. There are also the three babes but I don't know if they're part of his crew or mere servants.
Old 2012-09-19, 07:27   Link #13
ronin myael
lost ronin

awesome chapter! doflamingo finally makes an appearance and it looks like he is the brains of this whole operation. ceasar clown is just a mere tool being used by the bird man. doflamingo's crew seems pretty interesting too. i'm starting to really like baby 5.

i find it intriguing that doflamingo said that luffy might be an even better vessel than law. a vessel for what? what is doflamingo after anyway?

i knew it! momonosuke is the dragon! i knew there had to be some significance to that dragon. oda kept showing it like it meant something. this reminds me of the time when eustace was turned into a dragon in chronicles of narnia: the voyage of the dawn treader.

and kinemon referring to nami and robin's abilities as ninjutsu is just hilarious! he really is a samurai!

i have a question for aohige-san, i'm not sure if this is just a translation error but vergo kept referring to doflamingo as doffy. i wonder if it has any other meaning to it like luffy's nickname for law, torao.
Old 2012-09-19, 07:51   Link #14
james0246

So Karibou (or whatever his name is) has ended up with Yarsugi, the Marine that is working for Caesar. You know what that means? Caribou will find his way to Punk Hazard...where he will have another chance to join the Strawhats . That's right, Oda brought back the speculation.

That being said, Kinemon and Brook were great together. The the DoFlamingo segment, while confusing, was a lot of fun (got to love Doffy's viciousness, especially as he forces Baby 5 to hold one of her guns to her head...).
Old 2012-09-19, 08:09   Link #15
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i find it intriguing that doflamingo said that luffy might be an even better vessel than law. a vessel for what? what is doflamingo after anyway?
Mistranslation. The translator may not have known what 器の大きい means, and translated it literally.
Having a large plate/vessel in Japanese means having a great potential as a great human being.
By that, I mean personality and character, not physical strength or power. Like the character of a leader/king.

Simply, he speculates Luffy having a greater potential than Law. And thus, a bigger threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i have a question for aohige-san, i'm not sure if this is just a translation error but vergo kept referring to doflamingo as doffy. i wonder if it has any other meaning to it like luffy's nickname for law, torao.
Nah, seems to be just a nickname.

Although that speaks volumes about Vergo.
Everyone else called him "waka" (young master) in respect, except obviously for the pissed off maid.
Vergo calls him by a nick name.

Vergo just may be Doffy's right-hand man, or a first mate.

Smokey's gonna have a hell of a ride tackling this bad boy.
Old 2012-09-19, 08:56   Link #16
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Mistranslation. The translator may not have known what 器の大きい means, and translated it literally.
Having a large plate/vessel in Japanese means having a great potential as a great human being.
By that, I mean personality and character, not physical strength or power. Like the character of a leader/king.

Simply, he speculates Luffy having a greater potential than Law. And thus, a bigger threat.
thanks for that. i was worried there for a second that doflamingo might do an orochimaru and lust after luffy's body being the perfect vessel for his immortality jutsu or something like that.

Quote:
Nah, seems to be just a nickname.

Although that speaks volumes about Vergo.
Everyone else called him "waka" (young master) in respect, except obviously for the pissed off maid.
Vergo calls him by a nick name.

Vergo just may be Doffy's right-hand man, or a first mate.
so vergo does call him doffy in japanese? i actually find that quite funny! the name doffy just seems like something you'd give to your pet or even a stuffed animal. lol

vergo might turn out to be doflamingo's childhood friend. they probably go way back judging from how comfortable they are with each other.
Old 2012-09-19, 08:59   Link #17
marvelB

Damned awesome chapter (and thanks for the spoilers as always, Aohige!). We finally see more of Dofla's crew (I really, really hope that "Buffalo" is that dude in the mask and top hat, because he has my favorite design of Dofla's crewmates by far), we get more badassery from two of the three musketeers, and we finally learned what happened to Kinemon's son. Boy, what a roller coaster ride this is turning out to be.....

It also pretty much looks like those of us who guessed that "Doffy" would be the first major NW opponent Luffy and co. will face were right, after all. So I guess this means that "Dresrosa" will be the next major island that the Straw-Hats will visit next.....
Old 2012-09-19, 09:14   Link #18
marvelB

BTW, that loli kid that's snacking on candy kinda reminds me of Candy Banchou from Kongou Banchou. That particular character is pretty minor (she didn't really even get to fight since she got curbstomped by a superior opponent just a single chapter after she appeared), but she had an awesome power..... exploding candy bombs (and not to mention the group she belonged to had a bunch of badass designs as well). So I guess I'm kinda hoping that Dofla's loli has a similar power, even if that sounds more fitting for a member of Big Mama's crew.

Edit: Oh, and there's supposed to be a break next week, right? Maybe that should be added to the thread's OP.....
Old 2012-09-19, 09:50   Link #19
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

They are calling him Young master. Is that implying that there is another person above Doffy ?

Usually when in anime we have a younger master, there is usually a master* .

What you guys think ?

Maybe it's one of the Yonkos or some one in the government or maybe some one with just tons of influence, wealth and power.
Old 2012-09-19, 10:01   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

hmm i am thinking Momonosuke for a crew, having a dragon on SH allow them to have air support which area that SH lacking

Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion